DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Deep Discount 25% off sale: 5/31 - 6/24

ericmylad
05-31-12, 10:41 AM
I know, most of us have given up on this sale but I figured it was at least worth mentioning so maybe a few us can take advantage.

Sale begins at 2PM EST today. Items that qualify will be labeled as such at that time. So far, codes that should work are SUMMER12 & 25MORE

Hopefully a few good deals will show up (I believe I was able to preorder the Star Wars Saga for about $53 during this sale last year, IIRC).

DVD Polizei
05-31-12, 10:44 AM
http://www.deepdiscount.com

Pizza
05-31-12, 11:14 AM
I'll take a look for old time sake.

Overpar
05-31-12, 11:40 AM
Surprisingly, they haven't jacked up prices of anything on my wishlist, from what I can see. It's still early, though. :P DVD Planet usually runs the same sale and sometimes there are better deals over there, and they have points rewards.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
05-31-12, 12:14 PM
While they may not have jacked up prices, getting what you order seems to be the new issue. At least for this year anyway.

JoN8282
despite this going from the most anticipated sale of the year to.... "meh whatever" it's still usually good for at least one or two deals... looking forward to finding one, and to hearing everyone bitch about how their cart went up 24% before the code was activated :)

JoN8282
While they may not have jacked up prices, getting what you order seems to be the new issue. At least for this year anyway.

oh yea.... and that :)

Proglodite
05-31-12, 12:27 PM
I still have an open order for Salon Kitty blu from two months ago...
Peter

akiramole
05-31-12, 12:35 PM
Surprisingly, they haven't jacked up prices of anything on my wishlist, from what I can see. It's still early, though. :P DVD Planet usually runs the same sale and sometimes there are better deals over there, and they have points rewards.

Should the codes that work at Deep Discount also work at DVD Planet?

alfonsosoriano
05-31-12, 01:07 PM
Brings back good memories!

efordvt
05-31-12, 02:24 PM
Criterion:
Three Outlaw Samurai Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $14.25
Jimi Plays Monterey/Shake! Otis at Monterey Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.68
Moment of Truth Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.75
Makioka Sisters Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.78
Letter Never Sent Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.79
Identification of a Woman Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.96

NoirFan
05-31-12, 02:27 PM
Figures! The only three items from my wish list that are already cheap enough so that an additional 25% off would be worth it - Fort Apache, Hondo (pre-order, but released during the sale period) and Scarlet St - aren't part of the sale.

NoirFan
05-31-12, 02:39 PM
Criterion:
Three Outlaw Samurai Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $14.25
Jimi Plays Monterey/Shake! Otis at Monterey Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.68
Moment of Truth Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.75
Makioka Sisters Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.78
Letter Never Sent Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.79
Identification of a Woman Blu-ray WITH COUPON CODE $13.96

There are some very good Criterion deals - prices lower than they would be during the B & N sale. With the rumors that B & N won't be accepting coupons during the sales any longer, I went ahead and ordered Lean/Coward for $46.44 and Harold and Maude for $18.87. These (I'm sure there are others) were not on sale:

Summer Interlude
Summer with Monika
The Gold Rush
39 Steps

alfonsosoriano
05-31-12, 03:01 PM
Yeah, bummed that the new Bergman releases aren't included. Will keep searching.

alfonsosoriano
05-31-12, 03:28 PM
The 42nd Street Forever Blu-ray is $13. It's $20 on Amazon. Good deal.

dan31655
05-31-12, 03:41 PM
Make it lower with the extra 10% coupon. Go to the main page, its on the side. Just send it to another email address of yours. It stacks with the 25%.

I had already placed my order for it, so i missed out.

NoirFan
05-31-12, 03:54 PM
Make it lower with the extra 10% coupon. Go to the main page, its on the side. Just send it to another email address of yours. It stacks with the 25%.

You have to send it to three emails:

You will receive your 10% off coupon after you have Shared with a minimum of 3 friends and at least 1 of which has clicked on your Share.

Jaymole
05-31-12, 04:07 PM
Still not sure how you get that 10% off..I sent it to 3 e-mails, but when i go into the e-mail and click on the link, 10% is not taken off.

Cardsfan111
05-31-12, 04:07 PM
There was a time when this sale thread would have been on page 12 by now. :)

Thanks for posting, OP. I'll have to take a look and see if anything catches my eye.

dan31655
05-31-12, 04:08 PM
Still not sure how you get that 10% off..I sent it to 3 e-mails, but when i go into the e-mail and click on the link, 10% is not taken off.

There will be a popup with a code.

Jaymole
05-31-12, 04:11 PM
There will be a popup with a code.

No popup is showing :(

NoirFan
05-31-12, 04:12 PM
No popup here either, or email - and I (er, my friends) clicked on SHARE on two of the three additional email addresses.

laidbacklarkin
05-31-12, 04:22 PM

I had already placed my order for it, so i missed out.didn't stack for me

Alan Smithee
05-31-12, 04:31 PM
Sale doesn't apply to anything I want. Oh well.

dan31655
05-31-12, 04:31 PM
didn't stack for me

Tried it again and it's still coming off on the subtotal. The bluray up top will still say the price -25%.

NoirFan
05-31-12, 04:34 PM
I wish Chinatown were a bit lower - even after 25% off, the total is still $16.42 - a grand total of 39% off! I received the 10% off coupon, but none of my other wish-list items are part of the sale. I'm mulling The Organizer, but need another item for free shipping, and I'm up to date on my Criterions, except for the four I want that aren't part of the sale.

sleepyhead55
05-31-12, 04:35 PM
No popup here either, or email - and I (er, my friends) clicked on SHARE on two of the three additional email addresses.

It didn't work in Firefox when I tried it. However, when I tried it in Chrome (incognito mode) the pop up appeared and there was the code.

Ropes Pierre
05-31-12, 04:38 PM
There are some very good Criterion deals - prices lower than they would be during the B & N sale. With the rumors that B & N won't be accepting coupons during the sales any longer, I went ahead and ordered Lean/Coward for $46.44 and Harold and Maude for $18.87. These (I'm sure there are others) were not on sale:

Summer Interlude
Summer with Monika
The Gold Rush
39 Steps

not quite as good as a coupon, but anyone buying with Discover can get cashback on B&N purchases, taking some sting out of no coupons.

and anyone looking for Crits all in one place and missed the link:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/super-bi-annual-criterion/

jreedbritt
05-31-12, 04:40 PM
They stacked for me. Ordered 3 Criterions

The Lady Vanishes
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
The Killing

for $48.43

NoirFan
05-31-12, 04:45 PM
I wish Chinatown were a bit lower - even after 25% off, the total is still $16.42 - a grand total of 39% off!

Ah, screw it - with the additional 10%, plus 4% CB, my total was $14.12. With a list of $26.99, I can't see it getting much lower on Amazon any time soon. The Organizer was only $12.11 after discounts, so I couldn't resist, even though it wasn't a title I had planned on buying.

alfonsosoriano
05-31-12, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I can't figure out how to get the 10% code either...

NEVERMIND. It worked when I opened it in the Chrome incognito window.

obscurelabel
05-31-12, 05:09 PM
(Sigh) Still no indication on my wish list page that an item is eligible for the discount. They seem to WANT to make it hard to order from them.

NoirFan
05-31-12, 05:35 PM
Damn, I just noticed that Plan 9 is $8.69 before the 10% off, but I have nothing left to pair it with for free shipping, and I've already used my 10% code.

jrsl76
05-31-12, 05:40 PM
I had ordered David Lean Directs Noel Coward, Letter Never Sent & A Night To Remember from Amazon the other day, but the prices here (except Night) were better even with CA taxes, so I cancelled those items as well as my Criterion.com order for the Alexander Korda's Private Lives Eclipse and bought them here.

I ordered:

42nd Street Forever: The Blu-ray Edition
Schoolgirl Report #8: What Parents Must Never Know
A Hollis Frampton Odyssey Blu
Late Spring Blu
David Lean Directs NoŽl Coward Blu
Letter Never Sent Blu
The Organizer Blu
The War Room Blu
°Alambrista! Blu
Harold And Maude Blu
Eclipse Series 16: Alexander Korda's Private Lives

NoirFan
05-31-12, 06:07 PM
Damn, I just noticed that Plan 9 is $8.69 before the 10% off, but I have nothing left to pair it with for free shipping, and I've already used my 10% code.

Not my day... I used the second 10% code with a second account, combining Plan 9 with A Night to Remember, but through a combination of technical problems with DD's site and Safari not seeming to recognize any of the buttons on DD's site - I had to click on 'return' for each stage, instead of the button prompts, which I've never had to do in Firefox - I was charged full price for both items. Since you cannot manually cancel an item, I had to send them an email - I'm guessing they'll now be alerted to duplicate accounts in their system and cancel the order (and possibly my other orders as well), rather than adjust the price to reflect the two discounts. Last time I tried to order using coupons with multiple accounts, they cancelled the second order.

NoirFan
05-31-12, 06:22 PM
^
Knowing how terrible DD's customer service is, how likely are they to adjust the price/cancel the order before it ships? I was losing my mind trying to place the order on Safari - I've never used the browser before, so perhaps it was my settings, but none of the 'action' buttons did anything, and I kept getting error messages anyway. Clicking return got me to the final stage, at which point the discount codes disappeared and the order went through at full price. What a headache! Now, because of their technical problems and Safari's inexplicable issues, I'm out an order, and will likely have to ship the items back and wait for my refund. Of course, you could argue that I shouldn't have used a second account, but it was only to save myself a lousy three bucks. Bah!

laidbacklarkin
05-31-12, 06:29 PM
They stacked for me. Ordered 3 Criterions

The Lady Vanishes
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
The Killing

for $48.43what order did you apply the codes in ? doing 25MORE and the 10% off in that order is not working. And I dont know how to remove a coupon. Its HARD ordering from DD

laidbacklarkin
05-31-12, 06:32 PM
Never mind, I get this message now:
The promo code "xxxxxxxxx" (for 10% off) is not valid for this purchase due to the following reason(s):
Another exclusive discount has already been applied to this order.

Sweet Baby James
05-31-12, 06:40 PM
what order did you apply the codes in ? doing 25MORE and the 10% off in that order is not working. And I dont know how to remove a coupon. Its HARD ordering from DD

Delete your cookies. Then add the 10% off code followed by the 25MORE code. That just worked for me.

Lady Vanishes
Traffic
Godzilla

$48.68 with 4% cash back. Probably better that what B&N will be in July.:)

Spiderbite
05-31-12, 06:47 PM
The 42nd Street Forever Blu-ray is $13. It's $20 on Amazon. Good deal.
Dammit. I just bought it from amazon last week for the twenty bucks.

Jaymole
05-31-12, 07:00 PM
Was finally able to get the 10% coupon and stack it.

Bought a bunch of Criterions and also Blu-rays of

Nightmare on Elm st 1-7 boxset (UK region free)- for around $26 after coupon
The Red House
Little Shop of Horrors
Plan 9 From Outer Space

laidbacklarkin
05-31-12, 07:04 PM
Delete your cookies. Then add the 10% off code followed by the 25MORE code. That just worked for me.

Lady Vanishes
Traffic
Godzilla

$48.68 with 4% cash back. Probably better that what B&N will be in July.:)Thanks.

laidbacklarkin
05-31-12, 07:05 PM
For anyone that needs a 10% off code: SA412E7J3FE

Update when used

Dr. Phibes
05-31-12, 07:31 PM
I found a few things I wanted:

These were included in the 25% off sale
INTRUDER 15.30
Killer Party (Remastered) $11.91
42nd Street Forever - Blu-Ray $11.68

These weren't included, but they're Arrow Blu-Rays for about half what it would cost to buy them from Amazon UK:
The Beyond (1981) (Blu-Ray) (Import) $10.71
A BAY OF BLOOD (1971) Blu-Ray 10.64

Dining Dead
05-31-12, 07:37 PM
For anyone that needs a 10% off code: SA412E7J3FE

Update when used

Redeemed. Thanks a lot! I've been waiting to get these three as I've been working on watching all of the films in Ebert's "Great Movies" section.

Late Spring - Blu: 25% off = 18.87 10% off = 16.98
Harakiri - Blu: 25% off = 18.10 10% off = 16.28
L'Avventura: 25% off = 18.62 10% off = 16.76

Order Total: $50.03

Thanks again.

NoirFan
05-31-12, 07:52 PM
Does anyone have an extra 10% code? Maybe I can re-place my screwed-up order.

Edit: Nevermind, I'll wait and see what they do.

BuckNaked2k
05-31-12, 08:17 PM
Carlos (Criterion Collection) - $21

manicsounds
05-31-12, 08:23 PM
Not part of the sale, but the UK Blu-ray of Witchfinder General is $9.45 (http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/Witchfinder-General-1968-Remastered). Blu-ray is region free, extras in PAL

E-Z-B
05-31-12, 09:10 PM
The lousy packaging kills it for me.

Decker
05-31-12, 10:22 PM

http://cbswnewhd.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/great-white-385.jpg?w=385&h=385

Schloob1
05-31-12, 11:03 PM
Picked up for $40.57, would have been less but unfortunately have tax being in IL :(

Lethal Weapon (UK set)
Godzilla
M*A*S*H

alfonsosoriano
05-31-12, 11:26 PM
I just did 42nd Street blu and Letter Never Sent (blind buy) for $24.XX. Good deal.

BillWatkins
05-31-12, 11:34 PM
Where does the pop-up window appear on the DeepDiscount website when you've earned the 10% coupon? and how long does it take before it does show up?

Proglodite
05-31-12, 11:48 PM
Actually, the best deals seem to be on items NOT marked on sale. Seems to be on mostly import items and potentially price mistakes. As someone else pointed out, The Beyond and Witchfinder General blu-rays - also add Dawn of the Dead (UK Arrow).

I noticed a ton of import CD's are about half off regular prices (Camel, Caravan, Supersister, Van Der Graaf Generator, Banco, PFM, Acqua Fragile, Khan - pretty much anything on the Esoteric label; including newer releases)...and supposedly the Rush fanpack import for Clockwork Angels is only $12 (vs. $27 or $28 from Amazon UK).

I don't know if they'll honor any of these prices, but felt it was worth pointing out.

Peter

Proglodite
05-31-12, 11:50 PM
Meant to also mention - cheap prices on Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves and Prince Valiant blu-rays (both are gorgeous transfers!). Too bad other Eureka titles (Lifeboat, Sunrise, City Girl, etc) aren't included. --Peter

sleepyhead55
06-01-12, 12:56 AM
I think Deep Discount screwed up my order. I placed an order around 3 hours ago. I paid via Paypal. I recieved e-mail from Paypal stating that Paypal has submitted an order in the amount of $x.xx to deep discount dvd. However, I didn't receive any email order confirmation at all from Deep Discount.

I'm debating whether or not to place another order and just cancel the 1st one or just to call CS tomorrow and figure out what's going on. Any thoughts or suggestions?

musick
06-01-12, 01:05 AM
I could use a 10% off code by PM if someone has 1 to spare

dolphinboy
06-01-12, 02:28 AM
I think Deep Discount screwed up my order. I placed an order around 3 hours ago. I paid via Paypal. I recieved e-mail from Paypal stating that Paypal has submitted an order in the amount of $x.xx to deep discount dvd. However, I didn't receive any email order confirmation at all from Deep Discount.

I'm debating whether or not to place another order and just cancel the 1st one or just to call CS tomorrow and figure out what's going on. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Deepdiscount usually takes nearly 24 hours to send an order confirmation. I ordered We Need To Talk About Kevin and they didn't send me something until the next day.I just checked via online banking, saw the charge was there and knew I had nothing to worry about. I wouldn't cancel yet, especially this soon. If you order again, you will have a potential hassle that you don't need.

sleepyhead55
06-01-12, 02:48 AM
Deepdiscount usually takes nearly 24 hours to send an order confirmation. I ordered We Need To Talk About Kevin and they didn't send me something until the next day.I just checked via online banking, saw the charge was there and knew I had nothing to worry about. I wouldn't cancel yet, especially this soon. If you order again, you will have a potential hassle that you don't need.

Thanks for the info. The weird thing is usually Deep Discount used to be really quick with the order confirmations.

I just realized there's a whole bunch of stuff that I want from DD in this sale (mostly reigon free imports). Even without the 10% I think it's a pretty good deal, assuming it ships out of course.

musick, check your PM, as I sent you a 10% off code.

Strapped4Cash
06-01-12, 03:01 AM

I've had at last one, and I think two, orders go through where they never sent me any e-mails. In the same way, not all of my orders show up in my order history. As long as they bill me correctly and ship me the items then I'm fine. I just check to make extra sure that they don't screw either of those things up.

Paul_SD
06-01-12, 03:28 AM
I'm waffling on ordering a couple Criterions. Prices will probably end up being a $1 or $2 better here than the B&N sale next month- but I won't be watching them anytime soon, and I am getting kind of tired of getting busted cases from DD because of the ultra cheap packing material they use.
In the past I would try to make sure to order 5 or 6 things that were all in stock so the odds would be greater to get them all in a box- but last couple of sales all they've done is rubberband a few titles together and ship 'em all out in the same thin plastic wrap.

joe_b
06-01-12, 05:08 AM
Wow... all the Criterions have been removed from the sale and most of the prices have been jacked up about 50%. F*ck you very much, Deep Discount. :lol:

conscience
06-01-12, 06:10 AM
Wow... all the Criterions have been removed from the sale and most of the prices have been jacked up about 50%. F*ck you very much, Deep Discount. :lol:

I'm kind of glad. I was mulling it over all night last night with a cart totaling 225.XX! I told myself that I'd sleep on it and that if they went up or whatever that's fine. I'm kind of pissed right now that they took them off, but (ultimately) glad because I'm saving 225 dollars. :lol:

However, I already made one order of the three I really wanted. I remember from the past when they jacked up the prices during the first day. So I'm glad I got in on some.

So I ended up getting

Chungking Express (before the price was jacked up for the first time).
Harold and Maude
Insignificance
We Need to Talk About Kevin (fancy packaging)

and all have already shipped. Would have gotten Darjeeling Limited but it would not add to the cart.

BillWatkins
06-01-12, 07:11 AM
Anyone want to give me a 10% coupon? I don't seem to be getting mine. If I eventually get it, I'll give it to someone here.

mattyp4
06-01-12, 07:36 AM
Harold & Maude still seems to be eligible but I believe they raised the price a couple dollars. Yesterday I had it in my cart for $18 + change (post-25% discount). Today it's $20 + change.

I was waiting b/c I was trying to get the 10% discount... which never came through. (I didn't received any pop-up ads or e-mails when I clicked the link from another e-mail account yesterday.) I finally got it sent to me this morning & I was able to stack the coupons. It's $18.77 after both coupons. (I'm pretty sure this was yesterday's price post-25% discount, without adding the additional 10% off.)

I'm slightly annoyed that had my 10% code come through yesterday I could have gotten it for a couple bucks cheaper. But is $18.77 still worth it?? Will B&N's sale be cheaper?? I haven't participated in too many of their Criterion sales.

conscience
06-01-12, 07:47 AM
Harold & Maude still seems to be eligible but I believe they raised the price a couple dollars. Yesterday I had it in my cart for $18 + change (post 25% discount). Today it's $20 + change.

I was waiting b/c I was trying to get the 10% discount... which never came through. I finally got it sent to me this morning, but besides the slight price hike, I too can not stack the coupons. I'm not bothering with deleting cookies & what not. It's too much a pain in the ass. I'd rather just NOT deal with these guys anymore & wait for a hassle-free Barnes & Noble sale!

Deleting your cookies takes a second. I have my cookies set to delete every time I close my internet window. Clearly worth the time, IMO. Also, both discounts work - you just have to put the 10% code in first. I just tried it. I'm now trying to find something cheap to go along with a 9 dollar order to get free shipping.

mattyp4
06-01-12, 07:50 AM
Thanks conscience. I did get both coupons to work eventually by just entering the 10% coupon first. Weird. I updated my first post to reflect that.

Still mulling over if Harold & Maude is worth it at that price! I'm annoyed about DD raising the prices slightly from yesterday!

conscience
06-01-12, 08:01 AM
Thanks conscience. I did get both coupons to work eventually by just entering the 10% coupon first. Weird. I updated my first post to reflect that.

Still mulling over if Harold & Maude is worth it at that price! I'm annoyed about DD raising the prices slightly from yesterday!

It is annoying, yes. But it does help my wallet. :D

The final price of H&M would be ~ $18.7X, correct? That's not bad if you don't want to wait for any other sale coming up (B&N) and those are not set in stone anyway.

Brooklyn
06-01-12, 08:34 AM
Had 16 items in my cart last night, all Criterions or Eclipse sets, and between the time I put the last item in and then went through the steps to get the extra 10% coupon my order had jumped $60+ (with the Noel Coward set accounting for a little over #14 alone).

I can understand price matches raising once the competitor's sale ends, but this is just ridiculous. Not one item left in my cart would even match the B&N sale price without even having a membership.

efordvt
06-01-12, 08:39 AM
I found a few things I wanted:

These were included in the 25% off sale
INTRUDER 15.30
Killer Party (Remastered) $11.91
42nd Street Forever - Blu-Ray $11.68

These weren't included, but they're Arrow Blu-Rays for about half what it would cost to buy them from Amazon UK:
The Beyond (1981) (Blu-Ray) (Import) $10.71
A BAY OF BLOOD (1971) Blu-Ray 10.64

They must have killed this. The Beyond is $22.48, Bay Of Blood is now $21.81

Proglodite
06-01-12, 08:39 AM
Must have been a glitch that dropped imports by 50% - everything I reported in my previous e-mail (mostly CD's, but some Eureka and Arrow blu-rays) are now double what they were. I did get in a large-ish order last night, but now the long wait begins to see if I'll ever get any of the stuff (as mentioned earlier, I'm still waiting for Salon Kitty blu that I ordered on 3/30/12). :(

Peter

efordvt
06-01-12, 08:40 AM

They havent been removed, just jacked up about 10%...

efordvt
06-01-12, 08:41 AM
Must have been a glitch that dropped imports by 50% - everything I reported in my previous e-mail (mostly CD's, but some Eureka and Arrow blu-rays) are now double what they were. I did get in a large-ish order last night, but now the long wait begins to see if I'll ever get any of the stuff (as mentioned earlier, I'm still waiting for Salon Kitty blu that I ordered on 3/30/12). :(

Peter

I ordered 2 criterions before the price hike yesterday, and they have already shipped! So, you may be in luck...

conscience
06-01-12, 08:50 AM
Must have been a glitch that dropped imports by 50% - everything I reported in my previous e-mail (mostly CD's, but some Eureka and Arrow blu-rays) are now double what they were.

I doubt it. I believe they saw an unusual amount of people buying certain titles (Criterions/Imports) and decided to hike the prices like they have the past handful of sales.

NoirFan
06-01-12, 09:21 AM
My first two orders shipped today, with the problematic third one still in the processing stage.

musick
06-01-12, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info. The weird thing is usually Deep Discount used to be really quick with the order confirmations.

I just realized there's a whole bunch of stuff that I want from DD in this sale (mostly reigon free imports). Even without the 10% I think it's a pretty good deal, assuming it ships out of course.

musick, check your PM, as I sent you a 10% off code.

thanks sleepyhead55
just sent you a reply and I didn't see the info posted here before I replied but as I stated I no longer need the code and it can be passed on to someone else who may need it .... DD as noted here raised their prices between last night and now on what I was looking to purchase

I am done doing business with this company

NoirFan
06-01-12, 09:55 AM
My first two orders shipped today, with the problematic third one still in the processing stage.

Great - the email I received (16 hours later) in response to my request to either apply the two discounts or cancel the order is merely a copy of their coupon policy, with no addition information, and it looks like I've already been charged for the order. Stupid Safari...

Dr. Phibes
06-01-12, 10:29 AM
My order with Bay of Blood shipped, which is good because that title shot up $10 in the past 12 hours. Still waiting on the order with The Beyond in it to ship.

obscurelabel
06-01-12, 10:35 AM
I can't see if anything from my wish list is on sale without clicking on it, (wasting lots of my time), it turns out that very little from it is on sale (this includes lots of mainstream titles, not obscurities), the website keeps asking me to log in every five minutes, almost all of the Criterions in my wish list have gone up by $5 over night and are now more than Amazon, an it's always good for a laugh to check my delivered-months-ago orders to see them listed as still in process.

Ugh.

akiramole
06-01-12, 10:49 AM
My order with Bay of Blood shipped, which is good because that title shot up $10 in the past 12 hours. Still waiting on the order with The Beyond in it to ship.

When did you order, Phibes? I bought a bunch of Arrow titles last night and am anxiously awaiting a shipping email.

Ropes Pierre
06-01-12, 11:11 AM
Sadly i waited on Breathless, Christmas tale, and Three Colors trilogy, and they all shot up in price since yesterday. I guess i am waiting for B&N.

Dr. Phibes
06-01-12, 12:37 PM
When did you order, Phibes? I bought a bunch of Arrow titles last night and am anxiously awaiting a shipping email.

I put that order in around 4PM, I thought it was a bit later than that actually. The other order was around 11 and I ordered Killer Party even though it was backordered, so I'm afraid that might screw me somehow. Although The Beyond and 42nd Street Forever both say processing, would they just ship those out now, or would they wait until Killer Party is back in stock before shipping the whole order?

BuckNaked2k
06-01-12, 12:39 PM
Super-bi-annual-criterion (http://www.deepdiscount.com/super-bi-annual-criterion/)

I guess they decided they don't want to compete with B&N....

WAIT! I thought DD didn't jack-up prices during the sale, and it was all wide-eyed conspiracy theorists who said that -rolleyes-

laidbacklarkin
06-01-12, 12:53 PM
Got a couple y'day - Identification of a Woman and Letter never Sent. Had stopped buying at DD as they started charging ST for CA. neways with B&N doing away with coupons, this was the lowest I could get each - a tad under $13 each with the 10% and 25% coupons stacking. Order not shipped yet but I never get excited about DD. Unlike Amazon where I ordered Deadwood BD at 9:30am and it was shipped by 10:30am :-)

clappj
06-01-12, 01:24 PM
Super-bi-annual-criterion (http://www.deepdiscount.com/super-bi-annual-criterion/)

I guess they decided they don't want to compete with B&N....

WAIT! I thought DD didn't jack-up prices during the sale, and it was all wide-eyed conspiracy theorists who said that -rolleyes-

The three Criterions I ordered yesterday are $5-$6 more apiece today.

NoirFan
06-01-12, 02:38 PM

What is this nonsense:

Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled once they are placed.

Also, they keep ignoring the part of my emails where I ask if they can retroactively apply the discount that wasn't applied to my order. I'm not sure if that's intentional or just typical DD cluelessness.

BuckNaked2k
06-01-12, 03:23 PM
The three Criterions I ordered yesterday are $5-$6 more apiece today.I only ordered one, but it's about $7 more today. Went from a 54% discount to a 40% discount, overnight. The only other Criterions I want are pre-orders, and thus not sale-eligible.

clappj
06-01-12, 03:54 PM
I only ordered one, but it's about $7 more today. Went from a 54% discount to a 40% discount, overnight. The only other Criterions I want are pre-orders, and thus not sale-eligible.

I'll probably grab up "Shallow Grave" on the 12th, as long as they don't raise it's cost before then. At it's current price it would be $20.32 (after the 25% off).

SamLowry
06-01-12, 04:21 PM
Well I was going to try my first order from DD in 10 years because of the sale yesterday, but as I was trying to proceed to purchase I got locked out, DD's site must have been overloaded. So I just put my laptop to sleep & now trying again today everything is more expensive & not worth it.....DD is such a headache & precisely why I stopped buying from them...I don't know why even bother looking anymore. I'll just wait for B&N's Criterion sale, which is a bummer, cuz I really wanted to get that David Lean set @ $42...

SamLowry
06-01-12, 04:36 PM
...and to add insult to injury the Control blu-ray (normal price was $9 last night) is now $14 (not part of the sale....and the 10% code doesn't work with the 25% code (I get a message saying that there's a discount already applied), so they can't be stacked.

Pizza
06-01-12, 04:38 PM
I'm finding a few things but it isn't easy. I've been doing comparisons to things in my Amazon cart and Amazon is still coming up cheaper on most items. I certainly miss the days when they only sold DVDs and everything was at 25% during these sales. Oh well.

Paul_SD
06-01-12, 04:45 PM
Just as well. I should thank DD for saving me a bunch of hand wringing over whether to place an order or not. There were a couple of things it would have been nice to get and check off my want list, but I've been doing good not ordering anything for a while and working my way through past purchases- which is what I should just keep doing.

Besides, July is going to be wallet busting month for me with all the sci-fi releases and the B&N sale.
This looks to be the first time in 10 (or is it 11?) years I won't be anticipating any packages from DD in June.

Pizza
06-01-12, 04:50 PM
Just as well. I should thank DD for saving me a bunch of hand wringing over whether to place an order or not. There were a couple of things it would have been nice to get and check off my want list, but I've been doing good not ordering anything for a while and working my way through past purchases- which is what I should just keep doing.

Besides, July is going to be wallet busting month for me with all the sci-fi releases and the B&N sale.
This looks to be the first time in 10 (or is it 11?) years I won't be anticipating any packages from DD in June.

What are some of the sci-fi releases coming out? I know I got Invasion of the Body Snatchers on order. I don't want to miss anything good!

NoirFan
06-01-12, 05:08 PM
An update: Again ignoring my request to apply the discount retroactively, as the errors were due almost entirely to DD's horrible website and inability to properly communicate with customers, they've told me that I'll have to ship the items back at my own expense. If anyone wants a laugh, check out the whole surreal non-conversation, quoted below in its entirety (with roughly 5-hour gaps in-between my emails and their responses - their first (useless, generic) response took 16 hours!)

Somehow, possibly due to the technical difficulties on your site, the two discounts were not applied to this order:

25% -SUMMER12
10% -A412ER5KPV

If these discounts cannot be added, or a second order with these discounts cannot be placed, then please cancel this order. Thank you.
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Coupon and Promotion Policies

One coupon per order. Coupons are not valid with any other coupon offer, shipping offer or promotion. If you enter two coupon codes, our system will accept whichever coupon you entered last.
Promotional offers or coupons might list certain restrictions and conditions, such as one use per customer, minimum purchase required or other specific conditions. Please refer to the offer for specific details.
If you return an item that was purchased with a coupon, you will be refunded only for the amount you paid (that is the price of the item, less the coupon value).

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

So, what does this mean for my order? As I said before, if the discounts cannot both be applied, I would like my order cancelled.

Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled once they are placed. We are showing your order is in the shipping process. Your order should be shipped within the next 24 business hours. You will receive an email confirmation once your order has shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Okay, are you able to apply the missing discounts to my order then? If not, please email me a postage paid form so that I can return the order once it arrives.

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We have reviewed your email and would like to inform you that you would have to send the item back at your own expense. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Christ, it's like trying to talk to HAL! I knew DD were bad, but this is just madness. As NO ONE orders from them anymore except during the sale (and even then total orders are only a fraction of what they once were), you'd think they'd try to placate those who actually do order from them by springing for the cost of a $4 return for a customer who has spent thousands of dollars with them over the last decade.

That'sAllFolks
06-01-12, 05:32 PM
^^^
I would call them. It's insanity that they would not at least apply the 25% off code. Explain to them what happened. I've had good luck with phone CSRs. (I always call -- I've never tried to handle problems via email)

Proglodite
06-01-12, 05:38 PM
After going back and forth with DD e-mail about my missing Salon Kitty blu (first they couldn't find a record of my order, even though I gave them the order number...then they wanted a copies of the e-mail order confirmation and finally the PayPal transaction number) - so I get this reply:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We’ve forward your Paypal information for the transaction to be voided. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Sales Support "GD"
DeepDiscountcs@DeepDiscount.com
http://www.deepdiscount.com

So....instead of filling my outstanding order and making me happy, looks like they're just cancelling the whole transaction which of course means a complete waste of my time.

Gee - I can't wait to see what they're going to do about the orders I placed yesterday...

Peter

Paul_SD
06-01-12, 05:42 PM
The inability to cancel orders on the website, or even get an accurate status update- has been a huge frustration with this company for some time. I don't begrudge them for not honoring multiple coupons- but not being able to cancel an order that doesn't have rush shipping is just not conducive to a good customer experience.

As far as shipping it back at your expense- just don't open it, write REFUSED/ RETURN TO SENDER on it, and give it right back to the post office. I've done that with DD before. You will eventually get the credit put back though it usually takes several weeks.

What are some of the sci-fi releases coming out? I know I got Invasion of the Body Snatchers on order. I don't want to miss anything good!

IOTBS was one of them. I've also got Barbarella along with Outland, Altered States and Coma pre-ordered. Warner is also releasing Brainstorm and another sci-fi themed title I can't recall at the moment, in the same batch. In addition to those and about 5 Criterions, I'll also be looking to pick up
Twins Of Evil
The Marilyn Monroe Collection
The Streets Of San Francisco S3 V1&2
Of course, there is always the possibility of other stuff getting announced as well.
And that's just DVDs/Bds. I also have a bunch of Graphic Novels, Art books and IDW strip reprint books on order I'm eagerly awaiting, that have been delayed until late June/early July. Those will easily add another couple hundred $ to the CC statement.

Yeah, with everything to come, I'm quite happy I'm not being tempted by this DD sale at all.

NoirFan
06-01-12, 05:44 PM
but not being able to cancel an order that doesn't have rush shipping is just not conducive to a good customer experience.

And then, on top of that, they refuse to pay for the return shipping! Is it any wonder that Amazon rules the internet, while once-popular e-tailers like DD and Planet are, for all intents and purposes, basically out of business, middling bi-annual sales not withstanding?

NoirFan
06-01-12, 06:19 PM
As far as shipping it back at your expense- just don't open it, write REFUSED/ RETURN TO SENDER on it, and give it right back to the post office. I've done that with DD before. You will eventually get the credit put back though it usually takes several weeks.

Okay, thanks - I thought you had to refuse the actual delivery, and give it back to the postman himself or something. I sent them a lengthy and angry email, though I'm guessing the response will be another maddeningly generic and useless one.

Al_Tahoe
06-01-12, 06:21 PM
And then, on top of that, they refuse to pay for the return shipping! Is it any wonder that Amazon rules the internet, while once-popular e-tailers like DD and Planet are, for all intents and purposes, basically out of business, middling bi-annual sales not withstanding?

Like That'sAllFolks said... Why don't you call them on the phone?

Al_Tahoe
06-01-12, 06:36 PM
Okay, thanks - I thought you had to refuse the actual delivery, and give it back to the postman himself or something. I sent them a lengthy and angry email, though I'm guessing the response will be another maddeningly generic and useless one.Just be aware that by using "Return to Sender" there will be no official postal record of the return - and you will be relying on DD's honesty.

Several years ago (when I was still doing substantial business with DDD), I had to return 3 orders over a period of a couple years. TWICE, DDD claimed that they never recieved my return package! I would have been out hundreds of dollars, but fortunately I had purchased postal tracking with my return packages, and could prove that DDD had, in fact, received them on a specific date and time.

mmguen
06-01-12, 06:40 PM
As far as shipping it back... write REFUSED/ RETURN TO SENDER on it, and give it right back to the post office... You will eventually get the credit put back though it usually takes several weeks.

I do not recommend doing this either. I got burned (to the tune of $50+), and the poster above and I are not the only ones: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10941335-post115.html. DDD has a history of "never receiving" packages marked Return to Sender.

I did not know you could purchase tracking for postal returns, but that might do it.

NoirFan
06-01-12, 06:40 PM
Like That'sAllFolks said... Why don't you call them on the phone?

I guess my reluctance is due to the fact that I attempted to place the order using a second account so that I could take advantage of the additional 10% code, and by calling I'd have to explain these multiple accounts, but if my last email doesn't net me the return shipping costs, I'll call them tomorrow.

NoirFan
06-01-12, 06:44 PM
DDD has a history of "never receiving" packages marked Return to Sender.

Although purchasing postal tracking should ensure that they don't rip me off. How much is tracking, $1 or so? Shipping it back media mail (some of their own medicine!) would cost me $5 maybe? All of this is so insane - Amazon would have already credited my account with the 25% and 10% discounts, and here I am just trying to get DD to pay for the return!

jrsl76
06-01-12, 06:48 PM
I got a couple orders in yesterday for most of the March/April Criterions, a couple Synapse and an Eclipse. The prices were pretty good. I had considered going back later in the month for a few more Eclipse sets. I looked today and everything seems to have been jacked up. How long ago did that happen?

Paul_SD
06-01-12, 06:48 PM
I do not recommend doing this either. I got burned (to the tune of $50+), and the poster above and I are not the only ones: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10941335-post115.html. DDD has a history of "never receiving" packages marked Return to Sender.

I did not know you could purchase tracking for postal returns, but that might do it.

After Infinity sold them to the new owners, I think I've refused about 3 or 4 packages. Some of them took close to a month before they acknowledged getting them and I got confirmation of the refund- but I've not yet had a package disappear.
Of course, it's always possible a corrupt postal worker could take the opportunity to snatch it or any number of other accidents could happen to it while it's in limbo. If you are worried about that, it might just be better to eat the couple dollars of return postage (media mail is relatively cheap- especially in regards to larger orders) and chalk it up as the cost of an education.

Al_Tahoe
06-01-12, 06:55 PM

I did not know you could purchase tracking for postal returns, but that might do it.Unfortunately, you cannot purchase tracking for "Return to Sender" packages. I only was able to get separate tracking because I ate all the return shipping costs myself.

mmguen
06-01-12, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot purchase tracking for "Return to Sender" packages. I only was able to get separate tracking because I ate all the return shipping costs myself.

Thanks for clarifying

Al_Tahoe
06-01-12, 07:12 PM
Of course, it's always possible a corrupt postal worker could take the opportunity to snatch it or any number of other accidents could happen to it while it's in limbo...NO corrupt postal workers. NO accidents while in limbo. Just documented PROOF that DDD lied about not receiving my packages on 2 separate occasions! -ohbfrank-

NoirFan
06-01-12, 07:19 PM
I'm guessing the response will be another maddeningly generic and useless one.

It was!

We have reviewed your email and would like to inform you that the discounts were not being applied because it is only one coupon per order.

First of all, that is not why the discounts weren't applied, and second, if only one coupon is allowed per order (which isn't true either - everyone has been able to stack the 25% and 10% coupons), then why won't they apply the one coupon to my order? The rest of the email was merely a cut and paste recitation of their return policy. I guess I could just cough up the $4 for media mail, but I'm just so angered at their impersonal, stubborn idiocy that I may call them just to rant and go through a line-by-line comparison with Amazon, explaining why they are inferior in every single way. My other orders already shipped, so I have nothing to lose by just (pointlessly) berating them. I'll save my lengthy spiel for the supervisor, of course. Apologies for hijacking this thread with my frothing jibba-jabba, but it's therapeutic!

joe_b
06-01-12, 07:22 PM
They havent been removed, just jacked up about 10%...They had been removed from the sale when I posted last night -- most of them raised to double the sale price ($30-$35). Nice they are once again eligible, but it's much easier to pass at these prices.

Paul_SD
06-01-12, 07:26 PM
Good thing you had tracking. Several experiences like that would have made me reticent of ever doing business with them again- at all.
Everyone has known that DD has nowhere near the same customer service as something like Amazon.
In the past I've been more concerned with pinching pennies to pay more go with the better service. Now, I've come to value better service more and am willing to pay the slight premium for it.

But, I was just cautioning that refusing packages in general can be a gamble because of things outside of either the sender or receivers control.

NoirFan
06-01-12, 07:42 PM
In the past I've been more concerned with pinching pennies to pay more go with the better service. Now, I've come to value better service more and am willing to pay the slight premium for it.

And it's not even a premium anymore - Amazon's prices have consistently trumped DD's for several years now, particularly on Blu-rays. Seemingly every (non-boutique label) catalog Blu-ray is $9.99 or less within a year or so of release on Amazon. When has DD ever been able to make a similar claim?

TheBang
06-01-12, 08:07 PM
I did a "refused/return to sender" on a DD order mistake. The tracking number on the package continued to work, showing the return journey to DD. However, that didn't stop them from claiming that they never received the return, so eventually I settled the matter by disputing the charge with my CC company.

NoirFan
06-01-12, 08:45 PM
Wow, I had no idea that they were genuinely shady like that.

Josh-da-man
06-01-12, 10:33 PM

Yes, and there was also a time when everything on their site was included in the 25% off sale. Now it's just a handful of random titles.

Nevermind that 5% off now seems to qualify as a "deep discount."

06-01-12, 11:11 PM
I did a "refused/return to sender" on a DD order mistake. The tracking number on the package continued to work, showing the return journey to DD. However, that didn't stop them from claiming that they never received the return, so eventually I settled the matter by disputing the charge with my CC company.

If it's USPS tracking, it'll show it as refused and it's trip back to the destination.

UPS on the other hand, doesn't update tracking after you get it.

I find it amazing that after just one day of the sale, there's this many problems, yet people still order.

DVD Polizei
06-01-12, 11:31 PM
GoHastings is my new friend.

salad_days
06-01-12, 11:49 PM
This time around was the nail in the coffin for me. Tried numerous times to place an order which included the cheap Criterions and imports last night, but my browser kept timing out. Tried a smaller order this afternoon after they raised most of the prices, but my credit card was refused so I used my back-up instead. Come to find out that a hold was placed on my first card since one of my tries last night miraculously went through even though my browser kept timing out, my shopping cart never reset, and I never received any confirmation e-mails. I called Deep Discount to cancel my second smaller order and asked them for the order number of the larger order from the night before. I was told that they had no record of the order even though my credit card was charged by Deep Discount for the exact amount that was in my cart from the night before.

Should I give them a day or two for the order to show in their system? Or should I immediately ask my credit card company to reverse the charge since I have no proof that this order really even exists? And don't they usually wait for an item to ship before they charge your card or did that practice end once they changed hands?

gryffinmaster
06-01-12, 11:58 PM
I want to give DeepDiscount my money. I really do. However, it seems as if everything that I could possible want -- on both primary and secondary planes of a "wish list" -- are not included in the sale.

Bummer.

06-02-12, 12:07 AM
This time around was the nail in the coffin for me. Tried numerous times to place an order which included the cheap Criterions and imports last night, but my browser kept timing out. Tried a smaller order this afternoon after they raised most of the prices, but my credit card was refused so I used my back-up instead. Come to find out that a hold was placed on my first card since one of my tries last night miraculously went through even though my browser kept timing out, my shopping cart never reset, and I never received any confirmation e-mails. I called Deep Discount to cancel my second smaller order and asked them for the order number of the larger order from the night before. I was told that they had no record of the order even though my credit card was charged by Deep Discount for the exact amount that was in my cart from the night before.

Should I give them a day or two for the order to show in their system? Or should I immediately ask my credit card company to reverse the charge since I have no proof that this order really even exists? And don't they usually wait for an item to ship before they charge your card or did that practice end once they changed hands?

I had a bunch of orders earlier this year never show up in their system. I had to send a list of what I ordered and then all those items were out of stock. Happened on every order where every item was out of stock.

sleepyhead55
06-02-12, 12:22 AM

I had the exact same problem that you had as well. The website kept on bogging down when I tried to place an order. Eventually at some point I got a pending charge from Paypal (and it also shows on my cc) but I didn't get any order number at all or a confirmation.

When you say your CC was charged, was it an actual charge or was it a pending charge? There is a difference. If it was only a pending charge, your card won't be charged until they ship the stuff (if they do at all). Eventually, the pending charge falls off after a period of time. Now if they charged you and didn't provide the number, I would raise the issue with your CC company.

Also, DD is doing a great job of convincing me to just order from Amazon.co.uk on reigon free import bluray discs. I don't really care if I have to pay a little extra or wait a longer time. The hassle in dealing with DD isn't worth the $3-$5 that I would save.

Dr. Phibes
06-02-12, 12:27 AM
How hard is it to cancel a single item in an order? My Killer Party is backordered, so I want to cancel it to make sure The Beyond ships, but I don't want them to cancel the other items.

06-02-12, 01:32 AM
How hard is it to cancel a single item in an order? My Killer Party is backordered, so I want to cancel it to make sure The Beyond ships, but I don't want them to cancel the other items.

If something is backordered, they ship what's available, as they come in.

Dr. Phibes
06-02-12, 02:02 AM
Cool, I actually just got a shipping notice on The Beyond, now to hope it's not actually a DVD, or that it doesn't show up damaged.

efordvt
06-02-12, 09:43 AM
My haul so far:

25% off first order:

Criterion Blu LETTER NEVER SENT: 13.79
Criterion Blu IDENTIFICATION OF A WOMAN: 13.96

Total: $27.75

25% + 10% second order:

STUDENT BODIES/JEKYLL & HYDE TOGETHER AGAIN Blu: 7.82
DEAD MAN Blu: 8.27
ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 (1976) Blu: 10.49
42ND STREET FOREVER Blu: 11.68
VAMP Blu: 9.60
BLOOD TRILOGY Blu: 9.60
ATTACK THE BLOCK Blu: 14.43

Total: $71.89

That'sAllFolks
06-02-12, 10:28 AM
for those of you who double up on the coupons, I would do screengrabs before and after you submit the final order, just in case.

Gypo66
06-02-12, 11:58 AM
for those of you who double up on the coupons, I would do screengrabs before and after you submit the final order, just in case.

That's for sure. I just placed an order using a personal 10% off coupon and the 25more code and was shown a total amount due of $16.57 on the page where you place your order. After I placed my order a confirmation page displayed a new, higher total amount due of $18.41.
Is this even legal??

obscurelabel
06-02-12, 12:54 PM
It appears that the Criterions are no longer eligible for the 25% discount, but the DD website is so wonky I don't trust it, let me know if this isn't the case.

Edit: that's why I put in a disclaimer - I'm seeing them now. I think the prices are even higher than yesterday. Whoop-de-doo.

Nebiroth
06-02-12, 01:43 PM
It's funny, I can remember a time (so long ago now it seems!) when I used to actually use DD because they had good prices. And the six-monthly sales were big events which nearly everyone used.

But something bad happened to them - they just seemed to go down the toilet and very quickly. There's really nothing at all that would tempt me into using them over Amazon, who usually match if not better them on price and have unbeatable customer service.

A very BIG downside with DeepDiscount for me - as I live outside the uSA - is that you have no control over how an order despatches...and I don't trust their stock indicators. For Europeans with our insanely low personal import allowances it's important to be able to control the value of shipments, because here in the UK if a package has items of value $22 or more, we get slapped with an import tax of 20% AND the mail carriers charge you an administration fee of $12 on top (even if the package comes out at $23 and you pay 20 cents in tax - you still get the admin fee).

So if you want to order items that are all over that price, you want them all to be togethe rin one box - it saves you paying multiple admin fees. But DD ship as they get stock, there's no way to tell their system to hold an order until it's complete. So you can be faced with a trickle of packages each with their $12 admin fee attached.

You in the USA are so lucky - your allowance of $200 is much more sensible, and even when your Customs department levies a duty charge it;s only $5. Australians get an allowance of $1000...

Sure, you can't control Amazon's shipping either, but their stocks are so huge and their stock indicators are reliable it's possible to do it.

I guess what's happened here in the Uk has happened in the States. Harsh economic times and a shrinking DVD market have crushed the independents - I still mourn the loss of DVDPacific (who had marvelous customer service, great prices - and a despatch system that did allow orders to be held until they are complete). They're still there but under new management. :(

mallratcal
06-02-12, 01:45 PM
Anyone else getting an error on checkout saying "Over Freq Limit" or know what it means. DDD support hasn't gotten back to me.

BuckNaked2k
06-02-12, 01:54 PM
Is DD intentionally trying to piss off all of their customers on this sale, or what?? Maybe they can remove some more titles from the sale, and jack-up the rest!!

PopcornTreeCt
06-02-12, 02:08 PM
I got shipping confirmation for my order -- including Harold & Maude. Muahaha.

Alan Smithee
06-02-12, 03:11 PM
They need to change their name to Shallow Discount.

Manzana
06-02-12, 04:16 PM
I'm just ignoring this sale. Back in late March they had a $5 off coupon, and I placed 3 small orders with it in different accounts (yes, now I know you're not supposed to use the coupon more than once but lots of people did and got their orders). I checked each account a couple weeks ago and saw that each order was canceled (as I expected after this much time had passed). They didn't send cancellation emails not even send emails when I ordered. I had expected they would let at least 1 of the 3 orders go through but I guess they just decided if you ordered more than 1 then they'll give you 0. So I figured if they prefer to do things all or nothing, then I'll apply that same rule to doing business with them. It was the final nail in their coffin for me. Had they shipped 1 of the orders and sent cancellation emails on the other 2, I would still give them a chance.

I've learned and decided something else... between Fry's, Amazon, BB, and Target, most BDs end up pretty cheap eventually, so why go through all of the hassle of dealing with a place like DD that can't even email you about your orders and whose order status page is rarely accurate just to save a buck or two? I'd rather wait for a deal at one of the other more reliable places. At least I used the 5 minute rule which was to be in and out within 5 minutes for each order so that if they got canceled (as they did) I wasn't out much time. I'm always amazed some places manage to stay in business.

ProfessorEcho
06-02-12, 05:25 PM
GoHastings is my new friend.

Now that DD sucks and Amazon is about to join them in imposing sales tax, I am once more dating GoHastings. It remains a dysfunctional relationship, but it gives me something to do on Saturday nights.

efordvt
06-02-12, 05:39 PM
Anyone else getting an error on checkout saying "Over Freq Limit" or know what it means. DDD support hasn't gotten back to me.

I would try using Chrome as your browser. If not, not sure.

Strapped4Cash
06-02-12, 05:58 PM
Got a couple y'day - Identification of a Woman and Letter never Sent. Had stopped buying at DD as they started charging ST for CA. neways with B&N doing away with coupons, this was the lowest I could get each - a tad under $13 each with the 10% and 25% coupons stacking. Order not shipped yet but I never get excited about DD. Unlike Amazon where I ordered Deadwood BD at 9:30am and it was shipped by 10:30am :-)

It sounds like you have Prime though. Personally, I wouldn't compare Amazon Prime shipping to DD's Free Shipping for $15.00+. I would compare Amazon's Free Shipping for $25.00+ with DD's Free Shipping for $15.00+. I don't have Prime and Amazon almost always waits an extra few days, to weeks, to ship my orders. I am okay with that, as it's free, but ime DD always ships more quickly.

Most recently, I ordered from DD on the night of the 31st and they sent me a shipping notice on the night of the 1st, just under 24 hours later. I also had placed an order with Amazon on the afternoon of the 31st, which is not shipped yet, and has an estimated delivery date between the 6th and 9th. And I have another order with them from the 29th, which hasn't shipped yet, and has an estimated delivery date between the 11th and 15th.

There are a lot of reasons that I like Amazon better, and if I was forced to choose I would pick them, but ime as a non-Prime member I think that Amazon takes longer to ship in-stock items.

Strapped4Cash
06-02-12, 06:03 PM
^^^
I would call them. It's insanity that they would not at least apply the 25% off code. Explain to them what happened. I've had good luck with phone CSRs. (I always call -- I've never tried to handle problems via email)

Definitely. I've only had to call them once, and I had to be extra patient in asking to be forwarded until I got a CSR who could help me, but I eventually did get one who inputted my order manually from his end, giving me the original price (that was almost $30.00 less) and coupon that were on my order when I was trying to order, but couldn't go through.

Strapped4Cash
06-02-12, 06:14 PM
I've learned and decided something else... between Fry's, Amazon, BB, and Target, most BDs end up pretty cheap eventually, so why go through all of the hassle of dealing with a place like DD that can't even email you about your orders and whose order status page is rarely accurate just to save a buck or two?

For most stuff I would agree, but I'm interested in some less mainstream stuff too.

I ordered two DVD's that are OOP and not available at Amazon (or most other sites) as well as another for $6.92 (off a $19.99 MSRP) that has never been below $14.99 at Amazon in the 6 years that I've been tracking it there. And another one that is just over $14.36 which Amazon has never had below $24.49 in the three years that I've been tracking it there.

I still don't know how they've been packaged or what they'll look like when they arrive, but they did e-mail me and I had no problems submitting my order. Assuming that there are no problems in the shipping, I'll be happy with having dealt with them.

grenier
06-02-12, 07:39 PM
They didn't send cancellation emails not even send emails when I ordered. I had expected they would let at least 1 of the 3 orders go through but I guess they just decided if you ordered more than 1 then they'll give you 0.

I don't think it had anything to do with multiple orders. I placed one order for a single item and they cancelled it and never bothered sending me an email. When I inquired they gave me a line of crap about a problem with my credit card, the same credit card that I never have any issues with.

Back to this sale, I had one item in mind that I was going to order. I went to place my order and the price went up considerably from the night before.

Gypo66
06-02-12, 10:02 PM
^^^

Ok, I'll bite. So what's the secret magic phone number?

Schloob1
06-02-12, 10:07 PM
I don't think it had anything to do with multiple orders. I placed one order for a single item and they cancelled it and never bothered sending me an email. When I inquired they gave me a line of crap about a problem with my credit card, the same credit card that I never have any issues with.

Back to this sale, I had one item in mind that I was going to order. I went to place my order and the price ON EVERYTHING went up considerably from the night before.

FIXED ;) Kicking myself for not getting that Coen Brothers import because of this fact.

BuckNaked2k
06-03-12, 01:18 AM
Ok, I'll bite. So what's the secret magic phone number?http://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/339191-new-customer-service-phone-number-thread.html

Eric F
06-03-12, 01:51 AM
I just picked up Human Planet Blu for $21.17. Not bad (if I get it).

g
06-03-12, 02:45 AM
The code Connect stacks with the 25 percent off deal and gives another 5 dollars off. One use.. May work with 10 percent too.

I ordered Yellow Submarine for 12.99

davidlynchfan
06-03-12, 06:15 AM
The code Connect stacks with the 25 percent off deal and gives another 5 dollars off. One use.. May work with 10 percent too.

Thanks! My first order during this sale. Picked up a couple DVD-Rs: Wisdom and Feds with Rebecca De Mornay...because she always make me feel so hornaaay.

riotinmyskull
06-03-12, 07:20 AM
THREE OUTLAW SAMURAI - $12.67 (shipped) after 25% off and $5 off coupons

DirkUSA
06-03-12, 08:01 AM
I'm just ignoring this sale. Back in late March they had a $5 off coupon, and I placed 3 small orders with it in different accounts (yes, now I know you're not supposed to use the coupon more than once but lots of people did and got their orders). I checked each account a couple weeks ago and saw that each order was canceled (as I expected after this much time had passed). They didn't send cancellation emails not even send emails when I ordered. I had expected they would let at least 1 of the 3 orders go through but I guess they just decided if you ordered more than 1 then they'll give you 0. So I figured if they prefer to do things all or nothing, then I'll apply that same rule to doing business with them. It was the final nail in their coffin for me. Had they shipped 1 of the orders and sent cancellation emails on the other 2, I would still give them a chance.

I've learned and decided something else... between Fry's, Amazon, BB, and Target, most BDs end up pretty cheap eventually, so why go through all of the hassle of dealing with a place like DD that can't even email you about your orders and whose order status page is rarely accurate just to save a buck or two? I'd rather wait for a deal at one of the other more reliable places. At least I used the 5 minute rule which was to be in and out within 5 minutes for each order so that if they got canceled (as they did) I wasn't out much time. I'm always amazed some places manage to stay in business.

You tried to abuse the system and then blame the merchant for not letting you get away with it? How sad..............

Double_Oh_7
06-03-12, 09:00 AM
Haven't been on the DD site in years... those side pop-ups are fucking annoying.

Sweet Baby James
06-03-12, 11:42 AM

I ordered Yellow Submarine for 12.99

Big thanks for the $5 code, g!:up:

Their site is a mess right now, but I was able to push through an order for Poirot Series 1. With the stacking of the 10%, 25% and $5 off codes, the final price was just $16.07(plus 4% cashback).

mallratcal
06-03-12, 12:38 PM
I would try using Chrome as your browser. If not, not sure.

I had tried multiple browsers on 2 different computers and got the same thing.
Then the fraud department of my bank called. They had put a block on my card because they saw a charge from amazoncock. I asked if they were sure it wasn't amazon.co.uk (it was) and then they turned the card back on.

It's nice they are looking out for me I guess.:shrug:

Pizza
06-03-12, 12:43 PM
I had tried multiple browsers on 2 different computers and got the same thing.
Then the fraud department of my bank called. They had put a block on my card because they saw a charge from amazoncock. I asked if they were sure it wasn't amazon.co.uk (it was) and then they turned the card back on.
It's nice they are looking out for me I guess.:shrug:

:lol: Awesome.
It's so nice to read that someone else get issued blocks on their cards. I routinely get my card blocked because I order stuff from overseas. It can be quite annoying.

Manzana
06-03-12, 01:08 PM
You tried to abuse the system and then blame the merchant for not letting you get away with it? How sad..............
Nope. I blamed them for not sending cancellation emails. I wasn't too happy that they canceled all of them instead of all but 1 since 1 coupon should've been allowed. Someone else just posted that they only placed 1 order with that coupon and got canceled too. The point was to show that DD doesn't handle their orders or notifications very well. They just cancel whenever they want without explanation. It took them many weeks to cancel my orders. That's why I avoid them. Amazon has canceled many things on me too, but I still use them because at least they have a decent functional ordering system, order status, and customer support.

JoeyOhhhh
06-03-12, 01:19 PM
Used the three stacking codes to get Chinatown for 9.XX with free shipping. We'll see if this order sticks or not. Might try again mid week for Smokey and the Bandit and the Sting.

Was hoping A Trip to the Moon would be on there site but its up for preorder, which I suspect means no steelbook.

NoirFan
06-03-12, 01:35 PM
Thanks g! Scarlet Street wasn't part of the sale but the $5 off code dropped it to $12.87, which is good enough for me.

NoirFan
06-03-12, 01:48 PM
Haven't been on the DD site in years... those side pop-ups are fucking annoying.

But one will net you an additional 10% off.

DVD Polizei
06-03-12, 01:50 PM
Their website is down. Ooops.

bigjim25
06-03-12, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the code CONNECT, it does work with 10% off. I got Maroon 5: Overexposed Deluxe Edition (Import) for $9 shipped. Got it because Moves Like Jagger & 2 Payphone remixes are on it. ;)

That'sAllFolks
06-03-12, 03:52 PM

You are ASSUMING that is why his orders were cancelled. It might simply be because DD decided to. I placed 3 orders in 3 accounts and got all three -- and others did as well. So your conclusion is based entirely on your own preconceptions of what happened and how he was "punished" because of his abuse. yes, it is indeed sad.

JoeyOhhhh
06-03-12, 03:58 PM
Their website is down. Ooops.

Try a different browser. It wouldn't load with safari but chrome had no issues

jrsl76
06-03-12, 05:14 PM
Can some please PM me a 10% discount. I want to buy a Criterion that is not on sale. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

ProfessorEcho
06-03-12, 05:36 PM
I ordered two DVD's that are OOP and not available at Amazon (or most other sites) as well as another for $6.92 (off a $19.99 MSRP) that has never been below $14.99 at Amazon in the 6 years that I've been tracking it there. And another one that is just over $14.36 which Amazon has never had below $24.49 in the three years that I've been tracking it there.

Well, don't keep us in suspense! What are the titles?

bigjim25
06-03-12, 06:10 PM
Can some please PM me a 10% discount.

Check your PM! ;)

That'sAllFolks
06-03-12, 06:10 PM
Well, don't keep us in suspense! What are the titles?

I wouldn't post until after they ship either. He might not get them if a swarm orders the same title ;)

ProfessorEcho
06-03-12, 09:31 PM
True. Maybe he could PM just me in case I want in on the deal. After all, I asked first. ;)

I'm always interested in what deals everyone is getting and what they buy. It's one of the most fun parts of reading the Bargain threads and sharing in the hobby.

g
06-04-12, 12:16 AM
How long does it take to get the 10 percent coupon? I clicked on the email hours ago and haven't seen anything.

bigjim25
06-04-12, 01:48 AM
How long does it take to get the 10 percent coupon? I clicked on the email hours ago and haven't seen anything.
I got mine right away... Clicking here (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FKVXMJI&h=6AQE3kY2h) should get you one. I went ahead and sent you one incase it didn't work. ;)

g
06-04-12, 04:22 AM
Thanks for your efforts. It is appreciated.

mifuneral
06-04-12, 05:52 AM
Read the first 3 pages of this thread. Eff that. Deep Discount does not deserve my time or money.

b2net
06-04-12, 07:19 AM
Instead of waiting for Best Buy to re-stock Life, I ordered from Deep Discount for about the same. Still wonder if Best Buy will get it back in stock before the sale is over.

efordvt
06-04-12, 10:14 AM
Be very careful when coupon stacking. I had a title down to $15.70, then the order kept failing with paypal and bill me later. I tried a credit card, and when it finally went through I got charged $18.00! There system is very, very buggy. It's not like I can complain, because I'm sure the stacking is a loophole. It would be kind of like calling the cops because someone stole your weed.

*Update
I went ahead and called 800-264-5076, worth a shot. I had taken a screen shot of the subtotal page and saved a PDF of that. I spoke to a very nice woman on the phone, and explained what had happened. She said to email the screen shot, and she would call me back. I was skeptical, but she called me right back and they said they would take care of it! I will get a refund for the difference once the order is sent out. I will let you know when it happens, but overall it was a great experience. It definitely makes the difference to call, instead of email, and probably depends on the person you get...

06-04-12, 12:13 PM
For most stuff I would agree, but I'm interested in some less mainstream stuff too.

I still don't know how they've been packaged or what they'll look like when they arrive, but they did e-mail me and I had no problems submitting my order. Assuming that there are no problems in the shipping, I'll be happy with having dealt with them.

I predict you won't get them. You'll email them to find out what's taking so long and they'll say they're out of stock and they don't expect to get more. They list a ton of stuff that's OOP which they don't carry.

That was my experience with over a dozen orders earlier this year. They still haven't taken down the product pages for a lot of them.

kenbenobi
06-04-12, 12:46 PM
How are you guys combining these percentage discounts? I get this:
The promo code "25MORE" is not valid for this purchase due to the following reason(s):
I also tried using the 25% off code first, then the 10%, but same problem. I am able to combine the 25% and CONNECT coupons, just not the 25% and 10% coupons.

darkdaze73
06-04-12, 01:21 PM
I pre-ordered The Faculty last night for $5.22 shipped after 10% off and CONNECT coupons. Hopefully it will ship.

joe_b
06-04-12, 01:25 PM
It definitely makes the difference to call, instead of email, and probably depends on the person you get...Something similar happened to me, only I was attempting to stack the codes on a second order. I too made a screen capture of my "Order Review" page showing the discount was accepted, but it probably won't make a difference considering I had already used the code on that account before.

It seems like bait and switch to yank an applied discount after checkout, but I figure I'm not entitled to anything in this instance. I tried to cancel, but was told (twice) that it was too late. I plan to just take the hit for the full amount and not be so greedy in the future. :(

efordvt
06-04-12, 02:58 PM
How are you guys combining these percentage discounts? I get this:
The promo code "25MORE" is not valid for this purchase due to the following reason(s):
I also tried using the 25% off code first, then the 10%, but same problem. I am able to combine the 25% and CONNECT coupons, just not the 25% and 10% coupons.

1. delete cookies.
2. add your items to your shopping cart.
3. use 10% code first
4. then use either CONNECT or 25% next

Undeadcow
06-04-12, 03:32 PM
I couldn't get codes to stack earlier today either, despite previous success, so they may have closed the loophole on doubling up.

nycdude
06-04-12, 08:08 PM
Update - now its backordered. lucky if this comes. ;)

I picked up Chuck s4 with the $5.00 and the 25 percent off coupon. Total $23 and change.

JoeyOhhhh
06-05-12, 11:59 AM
Tried to order The Sting however the 25% off doesn't work on it =\

conscience
06-05-12, 06:48 PM
Tried to order The Sting however the 25% off doesn't work on it =\

It doesn't have the 25% off sticker/logo in the listing.

BuckNaked2k
06-05-12, 07:16 PM
^ I don't think any pre-orders are included.

BobO'Link
06-05-12, 10:14 PM
The code Connect stacks with the 25 percent off deal and gives another 5 dollars off. One use.. May work with 10 percent too...
Thanks! I placed a small order for a few 50s sci-fi titles I've had my eye on for a while. Stacked nicely! :)

HistoryProf
06-05-12, 11:21 PM
was able to get all 3 coupons to work on Letter Never Sent and Three Outlaw Samurai CC blus for $28 and change shipped. and with that i'm done with this BS sale. Nice of them to raise the prices on things in my wishlist 3 times since the sale started. jackasses.

jrsl76
06-05-12, 11:25 PM
Does anyone have a 10% coupon they can PM me? Someone sent me one, but it said it was already redeemed. Thank you very much.

Dr. Phibes
06-06-12, 12:20 AM
I just got my Beyond, Bay of Blood, Intruder and 42nd Street blu-rays . I assumed they'd be trashed since they were shipped in very thin cardboard with no padding - basically like a cardboard envelope. But I opened them up and despite having a rubber band around them (which usually slightly creases the spines) they're in pretty amazing shape. Pretty happy with my orders so far, just waiting on Killer Party.

walletboyniac
06-06-12, 08:12 AM
Thanks to the OP of the CONNECT code. I got Tremors (4-film collection) and The Chiefs (hockey documentary) for $10.84 shipped. It gave me free shipping -- Is the minimum now $10? Anyway, I copied the final order page just in case :fc:

Sweet Baby James
06-06-12, 09:42 AM
^

It's free shipping if the order is over $15 before the $5 off coupon is applied.

drmar35mm
06-06-12, 11:18 AM
Hey, I found one title I really wanted, at a decent price. Poirot Series 5 for under $24. Not bad. It's released at the end of the month, and hopefully I'll have none of the DD service problems people sometimes have. (As much as I complain about the lack of real deals at DD these days, I've never had any serious service issues.)

BuckNaked2k
06-06-12, 02:08 PM
Looking for a 10% code if anyone has one. The pop-up worked for me on my first account, but never appeared the second time....

Thanks!

CalebAndCo
06-06-12, 02:37 PM
Went for Wings on Blu-ray for $12.84 shipped. Thanks for CONNECT code!

NoirFan
06-06-12, 03:28 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to receive one of my orders today. Unfortunately it wasn't the one containing Harold and Maude, though that should still arrive before its release date.

efordvt
06-06-12, 04:26 PM
officially cant get anything to stack anymore.

Proglodite
06-06-12, 06:22 PM
I placed four orders last Thursday - four or five of the Criterions, and a lot of import CD's and some of the Arrow blu-rays. I never received any confirmation e-mails from Deep Discount, but the orders are on their site when I log into my account. I haven't received shipping notices for anything yet (even though a friend of mine who ordered some of the same CD's, did receive confirmation e-mails and shipment notices). Anyone else run into this? If I call customer service, how much time should I budget for the call? --Peter

ProfessorEcho
06-06-12, 06:45 PM
I also could not get the 10% off code to stack. It not only negated the CONNECT code, but the 25% off code too. ??? So I started over and just went with CONNECT and the 25%. Also got 4% cashback. Picked up THE RED HOUSE Blu and the four movie, four disc TCM BURT LANCASTER set. $17.00 total including fuck me tax. Not bad.

Question: Can the CONNECT code be used more than once? I would like in on that WINGS deal posted above.

joe_b
06-06-12, 08:44 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to receive one of my orders today. Unfortunately it wasn't the one containing Harold and Maude, though that should still arrive before its release date.I received Harold and Maude today. It seems that Criterion has started heat-sealing plastic wrap to the spines. :(

Question: Can the CONNECT code be used more than once? I would like in on that WINGS deal posted above.Not on the same account. Even if it gets accepted a second time, the discount will likely be removed after you hit the "Place Order" button. I learned that the hard way. :mad:

darkdaze73
06-07-12, 08:31 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread, but anyone looking for the single seasons of BSG can get them pretty cheap combining 25more and CONNECT($16-17 each before CONNECT cpn)

BSG Seasons (http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/search.results?sid=dc302fb380f72bc46b422c5e403d4859704e&Ntk=dvdsadt&Ne=1000&N=1564&viewType=grid&Ntt=Battlestar%20Galactica&Di=900000)

Currently only season 2 is showing in stock though, but I figured I would mention it for those interested.

joltman
06-07-12, 09:37 AM
Placed my first (only?) order yesterday, got CONNECT and 25MORE to combine and got Weird Al's Alpocalypse Live BD for $9. I tried to get the 10% off to combine but I couldn't

BuckNaked2k
06-07-12, 11:49 AM
I got a 10% code last night, but the odd thing was it went to the new "shared" e-mail account, not to the account which generated the share.

It stacked with "CONNECT", but only when I entered it after "CONNECT". Got Sea of Love and the new Hoosiers for under $20.

ProfessorEcho
06-07-12, 07:32 PM
Can't get CONNECT to work. It says the code is "not active at this time." I'm using a different account and cookies have been cleared, but I'm on the same computer. Think that's causing the problem?

Sweet Baby James
06-07-12, 08:14 PM
Can't get CONNECT to work. It says the code is "not active at this time." I'm using a different account and cookies have been cleared, but I'm on the same computer. Think that's causing the problem?

Appears to be dead. Posters at blu-ray.com are experiencing the same problem.

BuckNaked2k
06-07-12, 09:56 PM
Yup. Just got the same message. Someone must have noticed its usage and pulled the plug. Let's hope another $5 code gets released before this thing ends on the 24th.

efordvt
06-09-12, 03:36 PM
What's up with dd's tracking numbers? They make no sense. Way too many numbers there. Has anyone ever cracked the code on those?

Gypo66
06-09-12, 06:14 PM
So has anyone had any luck using CONNECT in the last few days? Is it definitely dead?

blamofilms
06-09-12, 07:36 PM
Used the CONNECT code before it went dead and got some pretty good deals:

Intruder blu-ray ~$11 with tax
Redline blu-ray ~$11 with tax
42nd Street blu-ray ~$10 with tax and shipping (since it was under $10)
Street Trash DVD ~$11 with tax

Received everything but Street Trash in the mail today. I'm happy!

BuckNaked2k
06-09-12, 07:42 PM
So has anyone had any luck using CONNECT in the last few days? Is it definitely dead?It looks that way. I check daily, but it hasn't been active. I wouldn't be surprised if there were another $5 code activated before the sale ends in two weeks. There are two titles I would consider, but without the $5 off on each, they're nowhere near competitive.

efordvt
06-11-12, 12:59 PM
What's up with dd's tracking numbers? They make no sense. Way too many numbers there. Has anyone ever cracked the code on those?

I answered my own question - called them. They use DHL Global to USPS, you can track your package here:

http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

06-11-12, 02:00 PM
I answered my own question - called them. They use DHL Global to USPS, you can track your package here:

http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

9 times out of 10, posting a tracking number in google will take you to the right tracking page.

joltman
06-11-12, 02:32 PM
The tracking number DD provides is the time out of 10 when it doesn't, thanks efordvt for pointing that out!

Paul_SD
06-11-12, 03:45 PM
Didn't realize the CONNECT code was multi-use. Oh well.
The extra $5 off was enough incentive to place a single order this time

Wings
Walking Tall Trilogy
De Sades Justine

All for $53. Not an amazing deal, but "OK" and the best I've been able to come up with for these particular titles. Was hoping 3 titles would be enough to merit being shipped in a box, but I was clearly out of my mind to think that. They arrived today with one disc loose, but fortunately it doesn't seem to be scratched from what I can see. I hate that I have to hold my nose when ordering from them now, but that's what it feels like it's come to.

That'sAllFolks
06-11-12, 03:58 PM
dragged my feet and missed didn't place a "CONNECT" order.

Nothing for me this time.

Brent L
06-11-12, 04:44 PM
Same here. If that coupon wont stack, not worth it at all for me this time.

darkdaze73
06-11-12, 05:32 PM
Got a shipping notification on the Nightmare on Elm St. set this morning. Consider me shocked that this got shipped.

akiramole
06-12-12, 12:26 AM
Got a shipping notification on the Nightmare on Elm St. set this morning. Consider me shocked that this got shipped.

My Elm Street set shipped as well. A bunch of backordered Arrow blu-rays shipped out, too. Along with the Lethal Weapon blu-ray set. Really surprised I'm getting most of the titles I ordered. The only ones that were cancelled were Picnic at Hanging Rock and Demons on blu-ray.

clappj
06-12-12, 09:54 AM
"Shallow Grave" was not added to the sale today. :(
Are some Criterions excluded?

BuckNaked2k
06-12-12, 10:07 AM
Are some Criterions excluded?Yes. I've been waiting for La Haine to be added, but it hasn't been. I even sent an e-mail requesting they add it, but was told "no".

obscurelabel
06-12-12, 10:10 AM
Are some Criterions excluded?

I checked my wish list over the weekend, it looks as if ALL Criterions are excluded :(

I did break down and get a few DVDs that had been on my wish list for years (but not my original wish list that you lost when you did your craptacular web site "upgrade", DeepDiscount, thanks A LOT) that were all around $6 each and are unlikely (I think) to get a blu upgrade anytime soon, and all of the Criterions on my list (a bunch) were not eligible.

Manzana
06-12-12, 10:11 AM
Was finally able to get the 10% coupon and stack it. Bought a bunch of Criterions and also Blu-rays of

Nightmare on Elm st 1-7 boxset (UK region free)- for around $26 after coupon

A couple people mentioned there Nightmare BD sets shipped. I had to dig back in the thread to find it mentioned anywhere else. So, for $26 after coupon stacking (and the 2nd coupon is dead now) you could get the entire movie set? How much is it now without the coupon stacking?

I was avoiding this thread (but curiosity got the best of me) since every time I order something from DD (especially with any coupon) they always seem to cancel my order. That's why I'm surprised to see they are honoring stacked coupon orders, but then [cynic mode on] I didn't order anything in this sale so it only makes sense that orders are not being canceled [cynic mode off]. In the past my DD orders usually sat in limbo for months before shipping. Now they just cancel them on me. However, if I could've gotten it for $26 I might've placed an order for the 10% chance it might go through. One thing I wish DVD Talk had is a Twiki where people could post highlight (extra good) deals right after the first post where I could see them without digging through the entire thread.

wd40cloud
06-12-12, 10:30 AM
I checked my wish list over the weekend, it looks as if ALL Criterions are excluded :(

Not true. I've picked up Rushmore and America Lost & Found: The BBS Story on sale. If anyone is interested in picking up a new release, Harold and Maude is on sale as well.

obscurelabel
06-12-12, 10:51 AM
Not true. I've picked up Rushmore and America Lost & Found: The BBS Story on sale. If anyone is interested in picking up a new release, Harold and Maude is on sale as well.

Yep, apparantly some still are, sorry for the mistaken report. A bunch of them have been removed since the sale started of course.

MrTerrific
06-12-12, 03:06 PM
I had to pick up Pac-Man: The Complete First Season. More than I would want to pay, but cheapest I could find it.

Also picked up Jane Eyre (2011) for $7.48.

Undeadcow
06-12-12, 03:16 PM
A couple people mentioned there Nightmare BD sets shipped. I had to dig back in the thread to find it mentioned anywhere else. So, for $26 after coupon stacking (and the 2nd coupon is dead now) you could get the entire movie set? How much is it now without the coupon stacking?

The Nightmare on Elm Street 1-7 blu-ray import box, like many imports, was at a rockbottom price of ~$30 (before 10% off coupon) on June 1 but the following day skyrocketed up to ~$66 where it remains. Every now and then I do a search to see if the price has reduced any further but no luck.

I can't complain because I picked up Arrow's The Beyond blu-ray for ~$11 (now ~$22) and it is a beautiful set.

BuckNaked2k
06-12-12, 04:01 PM
For those who have had orders cancelled, did DD send an e-mail? Can you see the cancelled order in your order history, or is it just gone?

Manzana
06-12-12, 10:33 PM
For those who have had orders cancelled, did DD send an e-mail? Can you see the cancelled order in your order history, or is it just gone?
DD has canceled many orders on me in the past, and they never send me an email about it. The orders just show up as canceled on the order status.

Undeadcow, thanks for the info. Too bad I missed that 1 day price on the Nightmare on Elm Street UK collection. That's obviously something that DD forgot to jack up the price before their coupons became active. If I had ordered it, though, I'm pretty confident (though never 100% sure) DD would've canceled my order based on my past experiences with them.

Bill Needle
06-13-12, 07:00 PM
So I have been trying off and on for a couple days to place an order, but the web site keeps timing out after either on the shipping address, method (worst offender), or payment page. I have never worked so hard to spend money on a web site that seems to not want it and am about to throw in the towel. I imagine it might be because I have about 20 items in my cart, but I have ordered that many in the past without issues. Any one else seeing this sort of problem? Otherwise I don't have any problems on the site...just placing the actual order.

kenbenobi
06-13-12, 11:02 PM
Both of the two titles I ordered arrived yesterday: Tromeo and Juliet BD, and That 70's Show S1 BD. Both had stacked $5 and 25% coupons. Can't really find anything else I want. Their prices kinda suck.

SterlingBen
06-13-12, 11:55 PM
For the last 5-6 years I have cherry picked the deals posted in this thread for this sale. But this has got to be a new low for DD.

Bill Needle
06-14-12, 12:40 AM
So I have been trying off and on for a couple days to place an order, but the web site keeps timing out after either on the shipping address, method (worst offender), or payment page. I have never worked so hard to spend money on a web site that seems to not want it and am about to throw in the towel. I imagine it might be because I have about 20 items in my cart, but I have ordered that many in the past without issues. Any one else seeing this sort of problem? Otherwise I don't have any problems on the site...just placing the actual order.
To answer my own question I broke up the order into smaller ones and - though still slow - it went through. How annoying.

BuckNaked2k
06-14-12, 02:12 PM
For the last 5-6 years I have cherry picked the deals posted in this thread for this sale. But this has got to be a new low for DD.Agreed. Seems like any title that drew any interest was quickly jacked up in price or excluded from the sale. They also yanked the CONNECT coupon right quick, which was the only thing making a number of titles anywhere near competitive.

majorjoe23
06-14-12, 03:00 PM
Normally I've gotten the latest Rifftrax releases with the last few sales. But this year they only have two of the last three releases ("Crater Lake Monster" and the latest Shorts disc. "Galaxy Invader" isn't listed) and neither of them is eligible for the sale, yet every other Rifftrax disc is.

Proglodite
06-14-12, 08:05 PM
I had to call DD customer service last night to re-do my orders from the first day (somehow they never downloaded to their warehouse). Instead of just hitting a couple of buttons and resubmitting the orders, Customer Service had to re-do everything from scratch (took about 45 minutes).

I haven't gotten any e-mails after the call and the 'new' orders still have not shown up on their website - is this typical for phone orders?

Peter

davidlynchfan
06-14-12, 08:37 PM
I received my only order in a timely fashion and do not have anything to bitch about DD at the moment. :)

Proglodite
06-15-12, 10:26 AM
I haven't gotten any e-mails after the call and the 'new' orders still have not shown up on their website - is this typical for phone orders?

I'll follow-up on my own message - I did receive shipping notices this morning for the majority of my items...but no record of these orders under my log-in account on their website. At least the e-mail gave tracking numbers (USPS which apparently haven't made it into their tracking system yet).

Peter

Bill Needle
06-15-12, 12:51 PM
I'll follow-up on my own message - I did receive shipping notices this morning for the majority of my items...but no record of these orders under my log-in account on their website. At least the e-mail gave tracking numbers (USPS which apparently haven't made it into their tracking system yet).

Peter
That rings a bell with me. I believe one time a few years back I changed an order over the phone and nothing showed up in my order history on line, but everything went through correctly.

Bill Needle
06-15-12, 12:56 PM
I received my only order in a timely fashion and do not have anything to bitch about DD at the moment. :)

Got shipping notices last night for everything I ordered the night before last. Their prices may not be what they used to be, but their service is about the same - adequate. I don't order like I used to from them, but it's not because of the service, it's because their sale prices aren't "don't even bother looking elsewhere" low any more.

JoeyOhhhh
06-21-12, 09:50 AM
I received an email from them last night for 5% off that stacks with the 25% off. Check your inboxes. (its one time use)

nycdude
06-21-12, 10:58 AM
My Chuck S4 Blu arrived from it being backordered so no issues with them here this time. ;)

dullboy
06-21-12, 11:01 AM
I received an email from them last night for 5% off that stacks with the 25% off. Check your inboxes. (its one time use)
It's not stacking for me.

DVDude!
06-21-12, 09:23 PM
It wasn't stacking for me either, but then I realized that the last character is the number five as opposed to the letter "S." Doh! Working now.

flashburn
06-23-12, 07:00 AM
Anyone else having issues using the 10% off codes? I've tried a few of them so far and they all say the same thing:
"The promo code "" is not valid for this purchase because it was applied to a previous order."

BuckNaked2k
06-23-12, 03:08 PM
^ Yes. It's a one-time use. It means you've used it already. You need to send out three more e-mails to new accounts to get a fresh code.

Torchur317
06-25-12, 05:03 PM
I ordered a few things today. Dark Night of the Scarecrow BR, Mortal Kombat: Legacy BR, & Tales from the Darkside - The Final Season.

NoirFan
08-02-12, 02:26 PM
Great, I was all set to watch Brief Encounter (the only film I haven't watched from the Lean/Coward set), only to find that the digipak has no disc! I sent an email off to Criterion - I really hope they can send me a replacement copy, as I'm sure dealing with DD's customer service again will be the usual nightmare.

NoirFan
08-09-12, 09:09 PM
I really hope they can send me a replacement copy, as I'm sure dealing with DD's customer service again will be the usual nightmare.

A tale of two companies:

You may return the whole set at your own expense. We recommend you keep a copy of the return receipt or pay for tracking.

I'm sorry to hear your set came missing a disc! Please respond to this email with your mailing address, and we will be happy to send you a replacement disc. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

jwstl
08-09-12, 09:26 PM
Did you call or contact DD via email? I had to call Deepdiscount today about a duplicate order I placed and they couldn't have been more helpful. Granted, Criterion's service is second to none but my recent experiences with DD have been good. I'll never contact them via email; there's nothing like speaking to someone on the phone.

NoirFan
08-09-12, 10:09 PM
Did you call or contact DD via email?

Email. It's been two months since I originally ordered the set, so they're quite within their rights to make me pay for the return shipping, it's just that I guarantee Amazon wouldn't, and Criterion didn't. I did take Criterion up on their boilerplate offer to answer any further questions by asking about HD upgrades for their Sirk titles, but that didn't get a reply.

darkdaze73
08-22-12, 03:40 PM
DeepDiscount Daily Deal....

Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings 3D (http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/SECRET-OF-THE-WINGS-2D3D)

Don't forget about the 10% "Share & Save"

Pre-ordered a copy @ $17.99 after 10% off code

nycdude
08-23-12, 12:10 PM

Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings 3D (http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/SECRET-OF-THE-WINGS-2D3D)

definitely cheaper than Amazon which lists at $29.99.

Manzana
08-23-12, 02:47 PM

Don't tempt me with DD. Unfortunately Amazon hasn't had any coupons on Secret of the Wings 3D (though if I cave and order from DD watch them do a coupon right after), so this may end up being the best price. Unfortunately cancelling a preorder with DD can be a nightmare from my past experience if a better deal shows up later.

I looked for this "Share & Save" info in this thread... it's rather buried. I finally saw the link on the side of their page, but it doesn't say how it works. All it says is "Share DeepDiscount.com with your friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter, or by Email. When a friend clicks on your share, you will get a coupon for 10% off your next order and your friend will get a coupon for 10% off too. The 10% off cannot be combined with other coupons."

Other posts here make it sound like you have to send out 3 emails and each person has to click on the link to get 1 10% off code, but the above text makes it sound like it only takes 1 email for a code. Which is right?

And the 10% is off 1 item or the whole (pre)order? When does it expire? This $19.99 price is a daily deal which ends tonight?