Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : WWE '13 November 1, 2012.

Sonny Corinthos
05-24-12, 10:53 PM
WWE 13 Trailer leaked today (http://www.ringsidenews.com/video/2605/wwe-039-13-video-trailer/)

Kedrix
05-25-12, 07:55 AM
Hrmmm, I've missed the last two years, so I am tempted on this one depending on how it turns out. I just got done with AAA Lucha Libre (which wasn't bad) and wouldn't mind another wrestling game in a few months.

chuckd21
05-25-12, 12:24 PM
WWE All Stars and WWE 12 were steps in the right direction. I just wouldn't buy them at launch, because all the cool online stuff they promise is borked.

Sonny Corinthos
05-25-12, 07:54 PM
Here's the full official trailer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JuqyC5YA8Y8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boba Fett
05-25-12, 08:39 PM
I gave up on WWE a few years back, but the implication with that trailer is legends are a big part of the game, not just an afterthought. I'll actually be keeping an eye on this for nostalgia value.

stingermck
05-25-12, 09:29 PM
Hmm, not bad

Maxflier
05-26-12, 12:30 AM
If the nWo will be in the game (which the trailer hints at) then they have my 60 bucks.

Mike86
05-26-12, 12:45 AM
I have to admit that does look pretty cool. I fell out of watching wrestling a while ago but still like the older stuff and the games can be fun from time to time. Might buy it depending what reviews sound like.

Boba Fett
05-26-12, 03:43 AM
Saw a higher-res trailer and it looks like the game is...cel-shaded. Hrm.

Kedrix
05-27-12, 09:27 AM
Here's the full official trailer.

Lots of CM Punk, lost of history and nostalgia...I'm greatly interested.

Dean Kousoulas
05-27-12, 09:52 AM
For God's sake please bring back the season mode as seen in the PS2 Smackdown games. I am sick to dead of the half assed GM mode, and RIWM is played out.

Kedrix
05-27-12, 10:52 AM
For God's sake please bring back the season mode as seen in the PS2 Smackdown games. I am sick to dead of the half assed GM mode, and RIWM is played out.

Please bring back Create-A-PPV and the Ranking system from PS1 :), but I digress.

chuckd21
05-29-12, 11:39 AM
Last summer, one man revolutionized the current WWE landscape. In a legendary moment at the end of Monday Night Raw, WWE Superstar CM Punk – as The Voice of the Voiceless – changed everything the world knew about WWE. Through his words and actions, a new leader emerged to set a higher standard, convey a new brand of attitude and ultimately ignite a revolution among the WWE Universe. His mantra? "Best in the World."

It’s not the first time WWE has seen such rebellion. Nearly 15 years ago, the legendary "Stone Cold" Steve Austin also revolutionized the WWE realm, sparking a new generation of supporters through his relentless, antihero behavior in one of WWE’s most celebrated time periods: the Attitude Era. Why did it happen? In his words, "'Cause Stone Cold said so."

Today, a new crusade is on the horizon, and it doesn’t start with an iconic WWE Superstar on television, online or at a live event. WWE '13 is imminent, and it’s time to Live the Revolution.

THQ’s flagship WWE videogame franchise returns to provide the most authentic, seamless and passionate experience to date – all while turning up the attitude. WWE '13 will transform WWE gameplay through the introduction of WWE Live™, completely changing the way players embrace the videogame’s audio and presentation elements. Predator Technology™ returns to further implement critical gameplay improvements, while fan favorites in WWE Universe Mode and the franchise’s renowned Creation Suite are poised to offer the utmost in player freedom. Furthermore, WWE '13 will introduce a groundbreaking, single-player campaign based on the highly influential Attitude Era. Complete with a robust roster – the largest to date in the franchise – along with a host of additional features, WWE '13 is ready to live a revolution all its own.

KEY FEATURES
WWE LIVE™ – Experience the atmosphere, spectacle and fervor of a WWE live event through attention-grabbing Spectacular Moments, including ring breaks and barricade crashes, along with a brand new audio and presentation system designed to produce the most authentic and vibrant commentary, sound effects and crowd participation levels ever experienced in a WWE videogame
THE ATTITUDE IS BACK – Return to an unparalleled and groundbreaking era in WWE history – a time of pure raucousness, grandiose personalities and colossal revolution – through a franchise-first single player campaign focused on eight purveyors of attitude during the famed television "Monday Night Wars," including WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
WWE UNIVERSE 3.0 – Control the virtual WWE experience like never before in the popular career-style mode, as individual decisions throughout gameplay will dynamically introduce matches, alliances, rivalries and unpredictable moments along the path toward becoming a WWE Champion
PREDATOR TECHNOLOGY™ 2.0 – Driven by new animations, transitions and modified controls, Predator Technology returns to deliver intelligent, fluid and engaging WWE action, resulting in a smoother gameplay experience than its predecessors
CREATE + SHARE – Utilize the franchise’s industry-defining Creation Suite to develop and customize Superstars, entrances, arenas, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more, as well as share and download creations with others from around the world
DISTINGUISHED ROSTER – Compete with a vast array of WWE Superstars and Attitude Era luminaries from the largest roster in franchise history, including cover Superstar CM Punk, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Sheamus, Undertaker, Mankind, Chris Jericho, Big Show and Mark Henry
SURPRISES IN STORE – Live the Revolution through future announcements, including additional game features, a comprehensive roster reveal, downloadable content and big surprises

chuckd21
05-29-12, 11:40 AM
http://media.operationsports.com/shots/624/19812.jpg

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/624/19807.jpg

DGibFen
05-29-12, 02:09 PM
Odd seeing old-school, long hair Undertaker in that screenshot after Wrestlemania this year.

Hopefully they fix the online portion this year...

EDIT: Looks like they pushed the release date up to Oct. 30th.

DGibFen
05-29-12, 07:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i6dnqk6hsfQ/T8REir1hBWI/AAAAAAAAEIs/x95_AnyeNjw/s1600/WWE-13_cover-Laurinaitis.png
The real cover:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/MattBK/28675.jpg

Sonny Corinthos
05-29-12, 10:27 PM
Now for the roster that we know of so far.

WWE
1.Alberto Del Rio
2.Alicia Fox
3.Beth Phoenix
4.Big Show
5.Booker T
6.Brie Bella
7.Brock Lesnar
8.Brodus Clay
9.CM Punk
10.Chris Jericho
11.Christian
12.Cody Rhodes
13.Daniel Bryan
14.David Otunga
15.Dolph Ziggler
16.Epico
17.Eve
18.Heath Slater
19.Hunico
20.Jack Swagger
21.Jinder Mahal
22.John Cena
23.Justin Gabriel
24.Kane
25.Kelly Kelly
26.Kevin Nash
27.Kharma
28.Kofi Kingston
29.Mark Henry
30.Nikki Bella
31.Primo
32.R-Truth
33.Randy Orton
34.Rey Mysterio
35.Santino Marella
36.Sheamus
37.Sin Cara
38.Ted DiBiase
39.The Great Khali
40.The Miz
41.The Rock
42.Triple H
43.Undertaker
44.Wade Barrett
45.Zack Ryder

ATTITUDE ERA
1.Animal
2.Big Bossman
3.Big Show (Attitude)
4.Billy Gunn
5.Bret Hart
6.British Bulldog
7.Cactus Jack
8.Chris Jericho (Attitude)
9.Christian (Attitude)
10.Dude Love
11.Eddie Guerrero
12.Edge
13.Godfather
14.Hawk
15.Kane (Attitude)
16.Ken Shamrock
17.Lita
18.Mankind
19.Mark Henry (Attitude)
20.Mike Tyson
21.Mr. McMahon
22.Road Dogg
23.Shane McMahon
24.Shawn Michaels
25.Stephanie McMahon
26.Stone Cold
27.The Rock (Attitude)
28.Triple H (Attitude)
29.Trish Stratus
30.Undertaker (Attitude)
31.Vader
32.X-Pac

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2012/05/29/wwe-13-game-details-revealed-full-roster-leaks-road-wrestlemania-dead/

Boba Fett
05-29-12, 11:45 PM
That roster? I'm sold.

argh923
05-30-12, 01:44 PM
Seriously...wow. What a roster. Hoping they add Owen Hart in there as well...man, loving the Attitude Era roster.

Kedrix
05-30-12, 01:51 PM
Seriously...wow. What a roster. Hoping they add Owen Hart in there as well...man, loving the Attitude Era roster.

Don't count on Owen (though I would love it too). His wife is still being a hard ass about including him in anything WWE is associated with. But if I do get the game, he'll probably be one of the first I create (because if the attitude era is represented, he makes perfect sense to be in it).

argh923
05-30-12, 02:38 PM
I guess what I don't quite understand is...how does his wife have any say in it?

Kedrix
05-30-12, 02:45 PM
I guess what I don't quite understand is...how does his wife have any say in it?

Because she owns the rights to him being used in any new capacity. I think the WWE can get away with old match footage if he is a part of it but they can not get away with say an Owen Hart dvd package or in this case his likeness in a video game. I think it also has something to do with that Owen Hart is his name where as had the WWE named him Black O. Harte, she probably would not have any say. This is the same reason we see indie wrestlers like Bryan Danielson or Tyler Black becoming Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins once they hit WWE. It's all a rights game. Vince wants to own the likeness lock, stock and barrel.

stingermck
05-30-12, 02:45 PM
Goodbye WWE 12. What a roster!

argh923
05-31-12, 06:04 PM
Because she owns the rights to him being used in any new capacity. I think the WWE can get away with old match footage if he is a part of it but they can not get away with say an Owen Hart dvd package or in this case his likeness in a video game. I think it also has something to do with that Owen Hart is his name where as had the WWE named him Black O. Harte, she probably would not have any say. This is the same reason we see indie wrestlers like Bryan Danielson or Tyler Black becoming Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins once they hit WWE. It's all a rights game. Vince wants to own the likeness lock, stock and barrel.

So what makes this different than any other wrestler who's died? Just the fact that he went by his real name? I'm just confused how she owns those rights at all.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
05-31-12, 08:18 PM
Any wrestler that appears in the game and is not currently under contract to WWE has to have their likeness licensed by THQ, regardless of whether or not WWE owns the name they wrestled under. Hence, every person in the game not currently under WWE contract (or his estate) has signed a contract with THQ to license their name and/or likeness, and thus they get a check from THQ to appear in the game. (If WWE owned the name, they could use the name, but not the likeness of the person who portrayed the character). Owen Hart is a real name of a real person. Hence they need to license his name and likeness from his estate in order for either to appear in the game. Martha Hart, as Owen's widow, controls his estate, and will not agree to license his name or likeness for use with anything associated with WWE.

They could put a character like Doink in the game with little trouble, because WWE owns that name and likeness, and the gimmick has been done by multiple wrestlers.

As such, they could probably get away with putting the Blue Blazer in the game, as they own that name and likeness, but I don't know that they would want to do that, and if they did, they would probably still face a lawsuit from Martha Hart (whether or not she would win said suit is another matter). Not to mention that it would be in extremely bad taste to do so, as he died doing that gimmick.

chuckd21
05-31-12, 11:24 PM
For half a second I thought I might see Chyna on that list.

I'd love an Attitude era WCW faction...

argh923
06-01-12, 06:37 PM
Any wrestler that appears in the game and is not currently under contract to WWE has to have their likeness licensed by THQ, regardless of whether or not WWE owns the name they wrestled under. Hence, every person in the game not currently under WWE contract (or his estate) has signed a contract with THQ to license their name and/or likeness, and thus they get a check from THQ to appear in the game. (If WWE owned the name, they could use the name, but not the likeness of the person who portrayed the character). Owen Hart is a real name of a real person. Hence they need to license his name and likeness from his estate in order for either to appear in the game. Martha Hart, as Owen's widow, controls his estate, and will not agree to license his name or likeness for use with anything associated with WWE.

They could put a character like Doink in the game with little trouble, because WWE owns that name and likeness, and the gimmick has been done by multiple wrestlers.

As such, they could probably get away with putting the Blue Blazer in the game, as they own that name and likeness, but I don't know that they would want to do that, and if they did, they would probably still face a lawsuit from Martha Hart (whether or not she would win said suit is another matter). Not to mention that it would be in extremely bad taste to do so, as he died doing that gimmick.

That makes much more sense. Thanks for the info.

Mike86
06-01-12, 07:03 PM
Fuck. The Attitude era roster may have just sold me on this game alone. Now if only they'd add in WCW and ECW wrestlers from the same time period this could go from awesome to amazing and a definite must buy. The only disappointing thing with that roster is the fact that many of the wrestlers are just doubles of people on the current roster with a different attire. It's an older game obviously but I remember No Mercy had a huge roster and each wrestler had like four alternate attires.

Sonny Corinthos
06-19-12, 07:55 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cv3ciEWi9ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chuckd21
06-19-12, 08:45 AM
Wow, using Tyson as a main selling point for the game... suck on that actual WWE wrestlers.

argh923
06-19-12, 01:57 PM
Tyson's in it? Who cares. He doesn't wrestle.

DRG
06-19-12, 02:23 PM
Wow, using Tyson as a main selling point for the game... suck on that actual WWE wrestlers.

I think they're playing off nostalgia for Mike Tyson's Punchout, although I'm not sure that tactic makes sense.

beavis69
06-19-12, 02:52 PM
No they are playing off Tyson during the Attitude era with Stone Cold. The roster interest me, but I havent played a wrestling game since probably 05/06. Has the control scheme gotten better on these games ie have they become more like the n64 games?

Maxflier
06-19-12, 03:24 PM
That's a pretty shitty likeness for Tyson.

DGibFen
06-19-12, 06:32 PM
BTW, Tyson is a pre-order DLC bonus, much like The Rock was last year.

cruzness
06-19-12, 06:47 PM
That's a pretty shitty likeness for Tyson.

Tyson's in it? Who cares. He doesn't wrestle.
Tyson was around for the early part of the Attitude Era
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2011/09/27_SCSA_0.jpg

In the weeks leading up to WrestleMania XIV, McMahon announced that former boxing champion Mike Tyson would be the special guest enforcer in the WWF Championship main event at WrestleMania. Steve Austin, who won the 1998 Royal Rumble after eliminating The Rock,[4] interrupted McMahon in his presentation of Mike Tyson on Raw the night after, reason being that he objected McMahon's reference to Tyson as "the baddest man on the planet." Austin flipped off Tyson, which led to Tyson shoving Austin and the two fighting until being separated and subdued by Tyson's and McMahon's security. This resulted in an irate McMahon to publicly disapprove of the prospect of Austin as his WWF Champion. For the following weeks, Tyson aligned himself with D-Generation X, a group led by Austin's opponent at WrestleMania, WWF Champion Shawn Michaels. Throughout the WWF Championship match, Tyson bickered with both Austin and Michaels, who was upset that Tyson wasn't doing everything possible to ensure that Austin would be unsuccessful. In the closing moments of the match Austin countered Michaels' finishing Sweet Chin Music and executed his finisher, the Stone Cold Stunner. Austin then covered Michaels, which was followed by Tyson himself counting the pin-fall. With this, Tyson turned on Michaels and D-Generation X as Austin became the new WWF Champion. Following the victory, a distraught Michaels confronted Tyson, who then knocked out Michaels with a right-handed punch as Austin celebrated. On April 13, 1998, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mr. McMahon were going to battle out their differences in an actual match, but the match was declared a no contest when Dude Love interrupted the entire thing. On that night Raw defeated Nitro in the ratings for the first time since June 10, 1996. Along with WrestleMania XIV, many fans consider this as the starting point of the Attitude Era.

cruzness
06-19-12, 06:48 PM
That roster for the Attitude Era sounds great.

DRG
06-21-12, 11:39 AM
No they are playing off Tyson during the Attitude era with Stone Cold.

I understand that it's Tyson from the Attitude era, but what I'm saying is that specifically making an ad promoting Tyson's appearance in the game and saying things like "...and this time he's controllable" seems - from a marketing perspective - to be playing off the Punchout nostalgia more than the Attitude-era nostalgia. It seems to be targeted marketing made to draw in people who normally wouldn't give a crap about a WWE game.

chuckd21
06-21-12, 11:50 AM
I understand that it's Tyson from the Attitude era, but what I'm saying is that specifically making an ad promoting Tyson's appearance in the game and saying things like "...and this time he's controllable" seems - from a marketing perspective - to be playing off the Punchout nostalgia more than the Attitude-era nostalgia. It seems to be targeted marketing made to draw in people who normally wouldn't give a crap about a WWE game.

Same reason they brought Tyson into the storyline itself: grab people who otherwise don't care.

superdeluxe
06-21-12, 12:13 PM
Now for the roster that we know of so far.

WWE
1.Alberto Del Rio
2.Alicia Fox
3.Beth Phoenix
4.Big Show
5.Booker T
6.Brie Bella
7.Brock Lesnar
8.Brodus Clay
9.CM Punk
10.Chris Jericho
11.Christian
12.Cody Rhodes
13.Daniel Bryan
14.David Otunga
15.Dolph Ziggler
16.Epico
17.Eve
18.Heath Slater
19.Hunico
20.Jack Swagger
21.Jinder Mahal
22.John Cena
23.Justin Gabriel
24.Kane
25.Kelly Kelly
26.Kevin Nash
27.Kharma
28.Kofi Kingston
29.Mark Henry
30.Nikki Bella
31.Primo
32.R-Truth
33.Randy Orton
34.Rey Mysterio
35.Santino Marella
36.Sheamus
37.Sin Cara
38.Ted DiBiase
39.The Great Khali
40.The Miz
41.The Rock
42.Triple H
43.Undertaker
44.Wade Barrett
45.Zack Ryder

ATTITUDE ERA
1.Animal
2.Big Bossman
3.Big Show (Attitude)
4.Billy Gunn
5.Bret Hart
6.British Bulldog
7.Cactus Jack
8.Chris Jericho (Attitude)
9.Christian (Attitude)
10.Dude Love
11.Eddie Guerrero
12.Edge
13.Godfather
14.Hawk
15.Kane (Attitude)
16.Ken Shamrock
17.Lita
18.Mankind
19.Mark Henry (Attitude)
20.Mike Tyson
21.Mr. McMahon
22.Road Dogg
23.Shane McMahon
24.Shawn Michaels
25.Stephanie McMahon
26.Stone Cold
27.The Rock (Attitude)
28.Triple H (Attitude)
29.Trish Stratus
30.Undertaker (Attitude)
31.Vader
32.X-Pac

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2012/05/29/wwe-13-game-details-revealed-full-roster-leaks-road-wrestlemania-dead/

VADER holy hell.

Is there a create a character? I want to create Chris Benoit

Would also love NWO/WCW Nitro vs Raw area as well.

nickdawgy
06-21-12, 02:58 PM
Of course there's a character creator. Isn't there always?

Also, wasn't Vader in last years game?

Oh and why the heck would you want to create Benoit? The guy is a family murdering piece of trash.

JohnSlider
06-21-12, 03:14 PM
Allegedly.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
06-21-12, 08:27 PM
Oh and why the heck would you want to create Benoit? The guy is a family murdering piece of trash.

Maybe he wants to murder all the other wrestlers.

argh923
06-22-12, 01:57 PM
Tyson was around for the early part of the Attitude Era
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2011/09/27_SCSA_0.jpg

I'm well aware. That doesn't change the fact that he didn't wrestle.

Allegedly.

Seriously?

boredsilly
06-23-12, 11:04 AM
I'm well aware. That doesn't change the fact that he didn't wrestle.

These games always have characters in them that didn't wrestle (either at all, or regularly) that you could use. Managers and valets and shit like that. It seems like a no brainer to me to include Mike if they can.

superdeluxe
06-23-12, 04:44 PM

Uhh because he was a awesome wrestler with great finishing moves? It is like telling someone they shouldn't watch or enjoy Naked Gun because OJ Simpson was in the movie.

superdeluxe
06-23-12, 04:44 PM
Maybe he wants to murder all the other wrestlers.

:bow:

Mike86
06-23-12, 05:32 PM
Uhh because he was a awesome wrestler with great finishing moves? It is like telling someone they shouldn't watch or enjoy Naked Gun because OJ Simpson was in the movie.
He was great and one of my favorite wrestlers before he snapped and killed his wife and child. Probably the blackest day in the history of wrestling if you ask me.

Maxflier
06-24-12, 03:36 AM

I always found him to be one of the most boring wrestlers around. Seemed like all his matches were carbon copies of each other because he was like a band that played the same exact setlist in order every night. Never understood all the love he got in the ring.

Mike86
06-24-12, 11:48 AM
I can't agree with that at all. He did terrible things his last days of life but he was easily one of the best workers to ever step in the ring. He was one of those wrestlers who could pull a good match out of the shittiest wrestler.

Tarantino
06-24-12, 01:51 PM
He was great in ECW. When he came to the WWE, his greatest move was the utterly exciting...flying headbutt.

argh923
06-27-12, 01:53 PM
I wish they'd just make one massive wrestling game. Put over 200 people in it from WWF/E, WCW, and ECW. That'd be amazing.

superdeluxe
06-27-12, 02:26 PM
I wish they'd just make one massive wrestling game. Put over 200 people in it from WWF/E, WCW, and ECW. That'd be amazing.

Road Warriors vs The Midnight Express vs the Degeneration X vs Doom

Kedrix
06-27-12, 03:05 PM

The closest you will come to that is the FirePro Wrestling games where you have a ton of characters that are similar to real life personalities. Outside of that, due to lovely things called contracts, I would not expect an actual game ever.

Brent L
06-27-12, 04:16 PM
Chris Benoit was my favorite in ring worker of all time, and likely still is since the business has been so bland for the past decade. It's too bad that I can't get myself to watch his matches anymore. I haven't watched a single one since that awful day.

mhg83
06-27-12, 05:05 PM
I want someone to make WWE Legends. Each game take two big name wrestlers and let you play all of their matches. From their very first match to their last or current match. Imagine being able to recreate all of Hulk Hogan or Andre The Giants matches!

DGibFen
06-27-12, 06:50 PM
I want someone to make WWE Legends. Each game take two big name wrestlers and let you play all of their matches. From their very first match to their last or current match. Imagine being able to recreate all of Hulk Hogan or Andre The Giants matches!

They kind of did that with WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/wwe-legends-of-wrestlemania/72069).

SexualPudding
06-27-12, 07:12 PM
How about a good WWE Legends game then? Legends of Wrestlemania was truly fucking awful. They nailed the atmosphere but the gameplay was a steaming pile of dung.

chuckd21
06-27-12, 08:16 PM
Road Warriors vs The Midnight Express vs the Degeneration X vs Doom

vs Harlem Heat vs The Bushwackers

Sonny Corinthos
07-16-12, 10:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x05dE5Irirc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Live the revolution with the WWE '13 "Austin: 3:16" Collector's Edition, including exclusive foil packaging, a collectible art photo hand-signed by Stone Cold himself, Austin's ATV and Austin 3:16 shirt in-game content and more. Check with your local retailer for availability.

DGibFen
08-12-12, 08:53 PM
Kurt Angle is claiming on his Twitter that he's in WWE '13. Kurt claims a lot of things, though, so we'll see.

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/234439099895918593

The Dude
08-12-12, 09:04 PM
He completely missed the opportunity to reply 'It's true, it's true...'

Boba Fett
08-12-12, 09:11 PM
Sadly the DVD advertised for the AUSTIN 3:16 edition is either just disc 3 or 4 (depending on PS3 or 360) of most recent Stone Cold anthology.

TheKing
08-18-12, 07:23 PM
Well, today was the big roster reveal for WWE '13, with a few surprises and quite a few snubs.

Here's the list

Current Superstars:

Alberto Del Rio
The Big Show
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
Epico
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
JBL
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
John Cena (Doctor Of Thuganomics/Rapper Attire)
John Laurinaitis
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
Primo
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Ted DiBiase
The Great Khali
The Miz
The Rock (Current look)
Triple H
The Undertaker
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder

Current Divas:

Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Brie Bella
Eve
Kelly Kelly
Kharma
Nikki Bella
Lita

Attitude Era:

Road Warrior Animal
Big Boss Man (Riot Gear attire)
The Big Show Paul Wight
Billy Gunn
Bradshaw (Acolytes)
Bret "Hitman" Hart
The British Bulldog
Cactus Jack
Chris Jericho (Y2J)
Christian (Edge & Christian Era)
Dude Love
Eddie Guerrero
Edge (Edge & Christian Era)
Faarooq (Acolytes)
The Godfather (The Ho Train Era, complete with Hos)
Road Warrior Hawk
Kane ('97-'98 Attire)
Ken Shamrock
Lita
Mankind
Mark Henry (Nation Of Domination)
Mike Tyson
Mr. McMahon
Road Dogg Jesse James
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels
Stephanie McMahon
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock (Attitude Era Look)
Triple H (DX Army)
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
Trish Stratus
The Undertaker (1998 Version)
Vader
X-Pac

DLC (So Far)

AJ Lee
Damien Sandow

You'll notice many duplicates on the list above. These are not errors. HHH has 3 different versions, as does Foley (one for each face). All the current stars have attitude versions of themselves, and obviously a few of the attitude guys have also been given more updated models (Lita, JBL, Edge).

Also, guys like Nash and Booker T are considered current as according to THQ. Of course neither has much use in the Attitude era, so it makes sense.

Other confirmed info:

WrestleMania XIV arena
Survivor Series 1998 arena (Deadly Game)
Attitude era RAW IS WAR arena
The Winged Eagle Championship is in!

There will be 22 arenas from the Attitude era, and 17 current arenas.

Mike86
08-18-12, 07:31 PM
I'll probably end up getting this just because the roster is pretty good and has a nice mixture. It still is rather annoying that a lot of these characters are counted more than once though but it's just a different model/outfit. I'd love if WWE and THQ would do a more extended roster and include more WCW and ECW guys though.

TheKing
08-18-12, 09:45 PM
I'll probably end up getting this just because the roster is pretty good and has a nice mixture. It still is rather annoying that a lot of these characters are counted more than once though but it's just a different model/outfit. I'd love if WWE and THQ would do a more extended roster and include more WCW and ECW guys though.

Well, the number they kept throwing out was over 70, but the current count if you add up all the alternates is 87. By my count, there's 72 unique people, so that's a pretty good number.

And I'm glad they're separated as well. It means they all have their own entrance music and video. It also means that we can have unique movesets for the old and current guys (like Taker in '98 wouldn't use Hell's Gate or the Last Ride, and old Jericho wouldn't use the Codebreaker).

Obviously it would have been nice to get the Dudleys, Hardys, Angle, Al Snow, D'Lo, and the rest of the guys in TNA. I'm also disappointed in the lack of Steve Blackman, Val Venis and Gangrel. There's supposed to be more DLC announced later, so who knows who we could still get.

This roster is a good start. If nothing else, it knocks a lot of my CAW list out.

futurealmatt
08-20-12, 05:30 PM
I tend to only buy wrestling games like sports games, only every few years because of the lack of changes. But I'll be picking this up to support the Punk cover....luckily the roster looks pretty good. Hopefully the Attitude Era stuff isn't just Stone Cold running around giving everyone stunners...much like the real Attitude Era.

TheKing
09-17-12, 06:42 PM
The 22 Attitude Era arenas have been discovered in a video about The Rock's Attitude Era mode.

The Arenas are:

RAW '97
RAW '98-99
SmackDown! (Original)
Sunday Night Heat
Halftime Heat (Empty Arena)
SummerSlam '97
One Night Only
Badd Blood
Survivor Series '97
Royal Rumble '98
WrestleMania XIV
Unforgiven
Over The Edge
King Of The Ring '98
SummerSlam '98
Break Down
Judgement Day
Survivor Series '98
Rock Bottom
Royal Rumble '99
St. Valentine's Day Massacre
WrestleMania XV

They only dropped 6 arenas from the timeline of SummerSlam '97 to Mania XV (Ground Zero, D-Generation X, No Way Out Of Texas, Fully Loaded, Capital Carnage, Shotgun Saturday Night).

Ground Zero would have been nice, as it was the last PPV that used the In Your House entrance stage, but that name has a new meaning, so I get it. Shotgun would have been cool if they had done it in a bar setting. The D-X PPV should have been in there. Other than that, it's a damn good list.

Sonny Corinthos
09-18-12, 10:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9lDbNwnu6J4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quake1028
09-19-12, 09:10 AM
Pre-ordered a copy from Newegg for $49.99. Haven't bought a wrestling game since probably PS2, so I'm due.

Sonny Corinthos
10-01-12, 01:41 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Nz0xTStwew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ringmaster
10-01-12, 08:47 PM
Well, the number they kept throwing out was over 70, but the current count if you add up all the alternates is 87. By my count, there's 72 unique people, so that's a pretty good number.

And I'm glad they're separated as well. It means they all have their own entrance music and video. It also means that we can have unique movesets for the old and current guys (like Taker in '98 wouldn't use Hell's Gate or the Last Ride, and old Jericho wouldn't use the Codebreaker).

Obviously it would have been nice to get the Dudleys, Hardys, Angle, Al Snow, D'Lo, and the rest of the guys in TNA. I'm also disappointed in the lack of Steve Blackman, Val Venis and Gangrel. There's supposed to be more DLC announced later, so who knows who we could still get.

This roster is a good start. If nothing else, it knocks a lot of my CAW list out.

The strategy guide states 105 wrestlers, which means we're getting 21 wrestlers in DLC!!

http://www.randomhouse.com/book/225371/wwe-13-by-matt-sumpter

DaveNinja
10-02-12, 11:31 AM
is Ryback in the game?

Ringmaster
10-02-12, 01:59 PM
He's confirmed to be DLC

TheKing
10-03-12, 02:18 AM
He's confirmed to be DLC

He's not confirmed to be DLC, only Damien Sandow and AJ are confirmed.

However, he is expected to be DLC.

TheKing
10-03-12, 03:30 PM
New confirmed DLC for WWE '13:

Current Era: AJ Lee and Damien Sandow (already announced), Antonio Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Layla, Natalya, Ryback, Tensai, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), Yoshi Tatsu.

Attitude Era: Mike Tyson (pre-order bonus), Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk), Diamond Dallas Page, Gangrel, Goldust, Rikishi, Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay), Val Venis.

In addition, more content will be included as DLC such as Ministry Undertaker Attire, Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock and John Cena's 2004 United States Spinner Title.

Wow. Other than DDP not fitting in there, that's one hell of a DLC list.

Brent L
10-03-12, 03:33 PM
I sure hope this game gets solid reviews this year, because it sure sounds great so far. I barely even played WWE '12.

chuckd21
10-03-12, 04:16 PM
New confirmed DLC for WWE '13:

Current Era: AJ Lee and Damien Sandow (already announced), Antonio Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Layla, Natalya, Ryback, Tensai, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), Yoshi Tatsu.

Attitude Era: Mike Tyson (pre-order bonus), Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk), Diamond Dallas Page, Gangrel, Goldust, Rikishi, Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay), Val Venis.

In addition, more content will be included as DLC such as Ministry Undertaker Attire, Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock and John Cena's 2004 United States Spinner Title.

Wow. Other than DDP not fitting in there, that's one hell of a DLC list.

I hope they use Motivational Speaker DDP.

TheKing
10-03-12, 04:41 PM
I hope they use Motivational Speaker DDP.

It's 2002 DDP for sure. Also, DDP and Goldust will be Fan Axxess exclusives.

WWE '13 DLC info and pics (http://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe13/wwe-13-all-21-dlc-characters-revealed-including-ryback-tensai-antonio-cesaro-layla-natalya-the-usos-rikishi-too-cool-ddp-and-more-kimura-lock-30-screenshots)

TheKing
10-08-12, 09:05 AM
More confirmed info:

50 CAW Slots (no change from the last few games)

There will be 30 Championship Belts in game, along with the 10 available as DLC. So that's 40 total.

The 10 DLC championship belts:

WWE United States Championship (Spinner)
WCW Cruiserweight Championship
WCW World Tag Team Championship
WCW Hardcore Championship
WCW n.W.o. World Heavyweight Championship (Big Gold Belt with nWo spray paint)
WCW United States Championship
ECW Classic World Heavyweight Championship
ECW World Television Championship
ECW World Tag Team Championship
AWA Classic World Heavyweight Championship

They are including so many belts, that it's getting pretty hard to figure out just which belts the last few could possibly be. It's to the point where Zack Ryder's Internet Championship could be in the game.

In addition to the 40 belts, we will also have the Championship Editor, which will act like Superstar Threads for the belts. It's not quite the same as Create-A-Belt, but it's close. We will be able to rename titles to create custom Championships. We'll also be able to change the color of the strap, and possibly of the belt itself.

I Quit and Special Guest Referee matches have returned. Both play significant roles in Attitude mode, as you play the infamous I Quit Match between The Rock and Mankind at Royal Rumble 99. Mankind has an alt. attire with his spray painted ref shirt.

There will be more info released today, as IGN is going to release an article covering the creation tools and Universe mode.

Kedrix
10-08-12, 09:27 AM
More confirmed info:

50 CAW Slots (no change from the last few games)

There will be 30 Championship Belts in game, along with the 10 available as DLC. So that's 40 total.

They are including so many belts, that it's getting pretty hard to figure out just which belts the last few could possibly be. It's to the point where Zack Ryder's Internet Championship could be in the game.

In addition to the 40 belts, we will also have the Championship Editor, which will act like Superstar Threads for the belts. It's not quite the same as Create-A-Belt, but it's close. We will be able to rename titles to create custom Championships. We'll also be able to change the color of the strap, and possibly of the belt itself.

Wow, I'm actually quite impressed this time around, the last one I played was '10 where i put easily 100+ hours into the game (me and wrestling games ALWAYS get my money's worth) With that many belts, as long as I can create PPV's or single exhibition matches where titles can be up for grabs, I can do all sorts of fantasy wrestling stuff :). Great stuff, hopefully amazon will do a black friday special for it this year (at around $30 would be awesome).

Sonny Corinthos
10-08-12, 03:34 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/95ZewhSMZUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sonny Corinthos
10-15-12, 05:29 PM
Play WWE '13 before October 30, 2012

Participate in the WWE '13 demo at these participating Best Buy stores.

Yes, October 30 and the official release of WWE '13 are only two weeks away, but how would you like to play your new favorite game RIGHT NOW?

Fortunately, WWE Games has formed an unstoppable tag team with our friends at Best Buy, setting up WWE '13 demo stations across the country. The roll-out has already begun, but as it will be ongoing throughout the week make sure that you check in with your local Best Buy before heading over.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/260425/play-wwe-13-before-october-30-2012

Kedrix
10-15-12, 08:06 PM
WWE Universe Video

F'ING SOLD. Thanks Sonny for posting that. This is exactly what I've wanted since Smackdown 2 for the PS freaking one. Awesome shit.

beavis69
10-16-12, 02:55 AM
How do these play as far as button control. Closer to the wrestling games like Smakedown or more like the old 64 games. I havent watched wrestling consistenly in probably 10 years, but i always enjoy the games as long as the buttons and moves are easy to figure out

TheKing
10-16-12, 05:44 PM
How do these play as far as button control. Closer to the wrestling games like Smakedown or more like the old 64 games. I havent watched wrestling consistenly in probably 10 years, but i always enjoy the games as long as the buttons and moves are easy to figure out

It's the same engine as the SmackDown! games, So the controls are similar. It's not the exact same, but it won't take too long to learn.

stingermck
10-16-12, 06:04 PM
F'ING SOLD. Thanks Sonny for posting that. This is exactly what I've wanted since Smackdown 2 for the PS freaking one. Awesome shit.

Indeed. Me and friend in college had some epic storylines as a tag team in #2

CephalicCarnage
10-19-12, 02:34 PM
I'm normally not one to complain about graphics, but they look really plain and not very impressive at all. Hopefully the gameplay makes up for it. But wow, decent roster though. I do say it needs more Doink the Clowns, Bam Bam Bigelows, Razor Ramons, "Big Daddy Cool" Diesels, Yokozunas and to a lesser extent, Bob Backlund, Waylon Mercy and a Bastion Booger or two.

Sonny Corinthos
10-23-12, 08:43 PM
New WWE '13 Xbox 360 Avatar Items.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/260577/new-wwe-13-xbox-360-avatar-items

TheKing
10-24-12, 04:15 PM
From browsing over at Cheap Ass Gamer, I have found a couple of deals involving WWE '13.

Target will have Buy 2 Get 1 free on Video games next week. So if you want Assassins Creed 3 and WWE '13, they'd be your best bet.

Best Buy is offering the DX: One Last Stand DVD for free if you buy WWE '13 on XBOX. If you buy the PS3 version, you get DX: One Last Stand on Blu-ray.

Kedrix
10-24-12, 06:37 PM
From browsing over at Cheap Ass Gamer, I have found a couple of deals involving WWE '13.

Target will have Buy 2 Get 1 free on Video games next week. So if you want Assassins Creed 3 and WWE '13, they'd be your best bet.

Best Buy is offering the DX: One Last Stand DVD for free if you buy WWE '13 on XBOX. If you buy the PS3 version, you get DX: One Last Stand on Blu-ray.

*laugh*, that always pisses me off. I understand the reason, I just don't agree with it at all. Because apparently nobody on Xbox would want a blu-ray copy of DX: One last Stand. *roll eyes*. Hrmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to convince a Best Buy employee to give me a blu-ray copy of DX with a 360 copy of the game.

nodeerforamonth
10-24-12, 11:19 PM
*laugh*, that always pisses me off. I understand the reason, I just don't agree with it at all. Because apparently nobody on Xbox would want a blu-ray copy of DX: One last Stand. *roll eyes*. Hrmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to convince a Best Buy employee to give me a blu-ray copy of DX with a 360 copy of the game.

kind of makes sense though. You can't play blu-ray on your 360, but can on the ps3.

Kedrix
10-25-12, 07:55 PM
kind of makes sense though. You can't play blu-ray on your 360, but can on the ps3.

Yeah, but it completely punishes 360 users. DX-Last Stand has bonus content on blu-ray that's not on DVD. Not to mention the upgraded video and audio (questionable on the latter considering the mix of footage). I'm just saying users should get a choice. That would solve both situations.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
10-26-12, 07:52 AM

They'll probably be shrinkwrapped to the game.

TheKing
10-29-12, 09:00 PM
Good news for PS3 owners: Starting tomorrow Fan Axxess for WWE '13 will be available for half price for Playstation Plus subscribers.

So if you want all the DLC, including the Fan Axxess exclusives DDP and Goldust, you'll now be able to get it all for $10. I assume it'll only be for a week, but even if you don't buy the game right away, you can get in on this great deal and have it ready when you do have the game in your hands.

Music
10-30-12, 10:17 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/95ZewhSMZUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome!

Brent L
10-30-12, 11:28 AM
The DLC for this game, and the discount for PS+ only, really pisses me off. I don't suppose any of you have any free trial codes up for grabs do ya?

fujishig
10-30-12, 12:10 PM
Good news for PS3 owners: Starting tomorrow Fan Axxess for WWE '13 will be available for half price for Playstation Plus subscribers.

So if you want all the DLC, including the Fan Axxess exclusives DDP and Goldust, you'll now be able to get it all for $10. I assume it'll only be for a week, but even if you don't buy the game right away, you can get in on this great deal and have it ready when you do have the game in your hands.

Plus there's still that deal where you get a bonus if you spend 100 bucks in October on PSN, right?

TheKing
10-30-12, 02:59 PM
Plus there's still that deal where you get a bonus if you spend 100 bucks in October on PSN, right?

Yeah, if you Spend $100, you get $20 in your wallet.

I just got back from Best Buy, picking up WWE '13 with the Tyson code and the DX Blu-ray.

For those curious, they are not shrink wrapped together or anything, but my store had copies of the blu next to the game, and copies of the DVD next to the 360 version. I doubt you'd be able to get the blu version with the 360 game as the register probably wouldn't recognize the package deal.

Now I'm just waiting for the game to install and for the PS Store to update so I can buy Fan Axxess.

stingermck
10-30-12, 10:48 PM
I'm calling it. This is the best wrestling game of the current generation. Reversals are a ton of fun, and rather brutal. Here's some excerpts from messages I was sending a friend while playing:

- as HBK I do a cross body to the outside to taker off the turnbuckle, he catches me, reversal into tombstone on the floor.

-Playing as Punk vs Austin. Austin puts me in a sleeper hold, reversed into my own stunner into a go to sleep, into an anaconda vice

- As Cactus Jack i just speared HHH through the guard rail. the crowd chants ECW

Another little thing I liked was, during a tag match i whipped Taker to the ropes, HHH (computer controlled) pulled the ropes down to toss him out.

I think this will be last Wrestling game I will need. The options are huge, attitude Era is a separate section of the game, and just tons of characters to chose. I got the Axcess pack and it already had about 7 DLC wrestlers.

chuckd21
10-31-12, 12:25 AM
The story mode is the best thing in a wrestling game ever.

UncleGramps
10-31-12, 12:34 PM
I was all set to pass on this year's installment, but the comments here and some reviews I've read have changed my mind. Good thing I have some Reward Zone certs and a couple of games to trade in (including WWE 12).

Music
10-31-12, 12:42 PM
Yay! I get to hit you in the face with a chair!

chuckd21
10-31-12, 12:59 PM
I want them to release monthly DLC where we get to play a month's worth of classic TV/PPV matches. I'd buy it every month.

chuckd21
10-31-12, 01:02 PM
- As Cactus Jack i just speared HHH through the guard rail. the crowd chants ECW

I made Cactus Jack do the "Bang bang!" taunt for 5 straight minutes after to that to HHH.

I'm surprised at all the little details. The ECW chant... the signs in the crowd that say "Vince Fears WCW" etc.

UncleGramps
10-31-12, 01:27 PM
Yay! I get to hit you in the face with a chair!
Sure, but no unprotected chair shots to the head. Go for the back.

Music
10-31-12, 01:55 PM
http://www.8bitbrigade.com/images/smilies/chair.gif

Bob_Bobbson
10-31-12, 02:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VtDODo5P3sQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol:

chuckd21
10-31-12, 02:24 PM
Nice.

Brent L
10-31-12, 03:01 PM
I could never find this sort of thing not funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElEA7XfkDI&feature=context-shows&list=SL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xx3AGPR2HTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chuckd21
10-31-12, 03:38 PM
I could never find this sort of thing not funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElEA7XfkDI&feature=context-shows&list=SL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xx3AGPR2HTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha!

Fatal 4-way with Billy & Chuck please?

nodeerforamonth
11-01-12, 08:49 AM

It really makes me realize how horrible today's storylines are.

Brent L
11-01-12, 09:13 AM
I can't even remember the last storyline in wrestling that was solid from start to finish, with an actual logical and satisfying conclusion.

chuckd21
11-01-12, 01:45 PM
Are there enough of us playing on 360 to trade that "your piece of created content gets five reviews" achievement? Anyone willing?

UncleGramps
11-01-12, 02:38 PM
Are there enough of us playing on 360 to trade that "your piece of created content gets five reviews" achievement? Anyone willing?
I'm getting my copy tonight and would be happy to participate in some 'chieve cheesin'.

Music
11-01-12, 03:30 PM
I'm getting my copy tonight and would be happy to participate in some 'chieve cheesin'.

ditto!

UncleGramps
11-02-12, 12:57 AM
I made a "story" called "Mankind Car Trouble" if you fellas wanna review it. You can search by name or by keyword "dumb". :lol:

DaveNinja
11-02-12, 11:31 AM
Please tell me the PS3 version looks a lot better than the Wii version!
I played some of the Wii version last night and couldnt believe how bad it looked for a game of this era. The game play was pretty fun, though

Music
11-02-12, 03:56 PM
I made a "story" called "Mankind Car Trouble" if you fellas wanna review it. You can search by name or by keyword "dumb". :lol:

I uploaded a "logo" called DX Logo - keyword dumb2

ViewAskewbian
11-02-12, 07:57 PM
If you would have told me 5 years ago that I'd be actually playing a WWE game
Montreal Screwjob

I'd have said you were loco!

Loving the Attitude Era. Reminds me of how much fun I had watching those events unfold, playing No Mercy with my brother to emulate the current storylines.

ViewAskewbian
11-02-12, 07:57 PM
I might never touch the current stars. :p

UncleGramps
11-02-12, 11:51 PM
Okay, I rated it. If anyone else on the 360 version needs something rated, post it here.

Brent L
11-03-12, 09:42 PM
This one may be better than the ones from before...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yTeWShU9HVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaveNinja
11-08-12, 11:35 AM
Is the "Story Mode" just the WWE Attitude era stuff or is there a current roster storymode that i;m missing?

chuckd21
11-08-12, 11:42 PM
Is the "Story Mode" just the WWE Attitude era stuff or is there a current roster storymode that i;m missing?

There is no scripted modern era story mode. Just WWE Universe.

chuckd21
11-09-12, 02:39 PM

Giant Bomb found your DLC. Commented on it for half a second. Go to 1:05:00 in this video: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-wwe13/17-6774/

UncleGramps
11-09-12, 05:52 PM
Giant Bomb found your DLC. Commented on it for half a second. Go to 1:05:00 in this video: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-wwe13/17-6774/
Yup! I boasted about my "brush with fame" on Twitter yesterday. Sadly I am still sitting at 4 reviews, so I need one more for the achievement. Are we still trading reviews here or what?

GR13
11-09-12, 06:31 PM
If anyone is willing to deal with the horde, Wal-Mart will have this for $25 on Black Friday.

chuckd21
11-10-12, 12:45 AM
Yup! I boasted about my "brush with fame" on Twitter yesterday. Sadly I am still sitting at 4 reviews, so I need one more for the achievement. Are we still trading reviews here or what?

I plan to help out just as soon as the servers let me connect.

Kedrix
11-10-12, 09:07 AM
If anyone is willing to deal with the horde, Wal-Mart will have this for $25 on Black Friday.

I thought about it for about thirty seconds, and just can't bring myself to it (unless I can convince my crappy mother-in-law who works at one to stash one or something). My only real hope is that Amazon or somebody else matches.

UncleGramps
11-10-12, 11:50 PM
I plan to help out just as soon as the servers let me connect.
That sucks. Fortunately I haven't run into any server issues (yet).

Music
11-11-12, 10:20 AM
Are we still trading reviews here or what?

I already reviewed yours, not sure what any others are.

Mankind Car Trouble - Keyword Dumb

Dx Logo - Keyword Dumb

others?

chuckd21
11-11-12, 11:20 AM

I've reviewed you both.

Music
11-11-12, 05:19 PM
I guess uploads get removed after awhile? I could not find either of the above with keyword dumb.

But I did rate Gramps new upload, and uploaded a story as well - both keyword dumb

UncleGramps
11-12-12, 12:13 AM
The search function seems...inconsistent at best.

I'm glad to hear that Chuck was a big fan of my new created Superstar, Big Bad Baby Grandpa! We have many great storylines in production featuring everyone's favorite elderly baby wrestler, so stay tuned!

P.S. It is bullpoop that there is no "diaper" option in the Create a Superstar mode. BOO.

Kedrix
11-12-12, 08:48 AM
The search function seems...inconsistent at best.

I'm glad to hear that Chuck was a big fan of my new created Superstar, Big Bad Baby Grandpa! We have many great storylines in production featuring everyone's favorite elderly baby wrestler, so stay tuned!

P.S. It is bullpoop that there is no "diaper" option in the Create a Superstar mode. BOO.

Not that I have the game yet, but there is not some trickery you could pull to at least get a white bottom and maybe a tattoo or something to simulate a pin? Heck...wouldn't Yokozuna's gear be in there?

chuckd21
11-12-12, 08:33 PM
If you're on Xbox, please download and rate my created wrestler "Jimmy Rustles". Then allow him to run wild all over your WWE Universe.

Music
11-12-12, 10:48 PM
Done!

Apple Gooncha
11-13-12, 01:26 AM

:lol: Really glad I watched this. Time travel briefcase and Ghost problems had me cracking up.

Here's to (also) hoping that Amazon or someone price matches. I was looking to pick this up in the next month or so, anyway.

Quake1028
11-13-12, 08:32 AM
Damn Attitude Mode is SO much fun, and I'm still on the DX storyline. So much to do!

starseed1981
11-15-12, 02:31 PM
Damn Attitude Mode is SO much fun, and I'm still on the DX storyline. So much to do!

Seriously! I haven't watched wrestling since the Attitude era and I'm still not sure why I picked this up but man, the nostalgia alone is worth the price of admission.

UncleGramps
11-15-12, 04:08 PM
If you're on Xbox, please download and rate my created wrestler "Jimmy Rustles". Then allow him to run wild all over your WWE Universe.
I'll do this tonight.

I checked last night, and I got the achievement. Turns out that you need a total of 5 reviews across all of your created content - you don't need to have all 5 on a single piece of content. Thanks to those who left a review for my stupid creations!

Music
11-15-12, 07:40 PM
You're welcome!

Sounds like it would be easier to just have 5 pieces of content up and get 1 person to rate them all.

TheKing
11-24-12, 06:36 AM
I don't know how many of you care about trophies and achievements, but this game has a doozy of a trophy. It requires you to reach the highest rank in multiplayer, which requires over a million XP.

In addition to that, when the game was released it wasn't saving your stats unless you had accumulated enough points that you were ranked in the top 1000. Everyone else would have their stats reset back to zero every time they exited the game.

Earlier this week THQ finally got the issue straightened out and the online ranking system is now working properly.

On top of that, THQ made what they call a technical decision and decided that the PS3 needed all of it's save data lumped together into one 3GB file. Now I'm not talking about the data the game installs, that clocks in at a little over 4GB. No, I'm talking about the saves, any CAWs you download, or arenas, or anything. Once you download or make your first CAW, the game allocates space on your hard drive for all 50 slots.

At the same time, they also lock the save file, so you can't back it up to a thumb drive. And thanks to the size, you can't back it up to the PS+ cloud storage either. So basically you're screwed if your PS3 dies or your data is corrupted. None of this is an issue on the 360 version.

There are issues that all versions of the game are suffering from however. Online, it's almost impossible to win by pinfall no matter how much damage you inflict. They made the kick out bar way too easy, and the only way you get pins is thanks to lag. Submissions do work however, and at a certain point it's impossible to get out of those. So if you play online, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Ken Shamrock are good picks. That or give your CAW head submissions.

Offline, the CPU either kicks out at 1, or the match is over. There are virtually no 2-counts to be found from the CPU. Well, if you do a leverage pin (the roll up type) you will see two counts as the back and forth in leverage pins goes, but under normal circumstances the CPU goes straight from 1 counts to being pinned. At first THQ refused to even acknowledge this as a bug, instead insisting that people were playing the game wrong, but that they would look into a way to give us more 2 counts. Seriously, they blamed the players here. Well, sure enough, after they took a look they discovered it was a bug. What a shock there, eh?

Gotta love THQ...

superdeluxe
11-25-12, 09:07 PM
Do you have to have live to download things? I want to do Raw is war vs wcw nitro wars

nickdawgy
11-25-12, 09:24 PM
Wait do you mean Gold? I think you do.

TheKing
11-25-12, 09:36 PM
Yes you need gold and online Axxess code from back of manual.

superdeluxe
11-26-12, 02:32 AM
Ok thanks, I don't really play onlIne, i just need gold for a month or two so I can download the CAWs and arenas

superdeluxe
11-27-12, 10:59 AM
Ok I tried to download CAW's but it says my profile is not on Xbox live or my family settings are not set correctly? I purchased Xbox live gold for a year since it was on a good deal right before. Any ideas?

Also how do you pin? It wasn't on the control panel for the controller (Like X was strike, B was grapple etc)

boredsilly
11-30-12, 10:52 AM
Historically, I have always found the engine this series has used lacking. However, something has finally cliq'ed (HA!) for me, and I'm really enjoying this game. Sure, there are some things that are frustrating, like some of the objectives you need to complete during the matches in the Attitude section, but still I'm having some serious fun with this game. Speaking of, I thought the objectives were optional, but I couldn't get past a match with DX vs Mankind and Undertaker without hitting Taker with a chair. It kept failing me.

Playing as HBK is fun, but I cannot wait to get to some of the other chapters, namely Stone Cold and The Rock. One thing that would make this game better would be if there was footage of the promos from the given night's you're tasked with recreating, but I know there isn't enough space on the game disc for that. Still, color me impressed.

Also, while I really love playing the greatest hits moments of the Attitude era, it would have been really nice to have a unique storyline that intertwined the classic attitude wrestlers with the current crop of wrestlers.

I don't know who HHH payed off, but he never was as ripped as this game is portraying him. He's on some straight up Mr. Olympia type shit.

nickdawgy
11-30-12, 01:58 PM
I was saying the same thing about HHH.

superdeluxe
11-30-12, 03:20 PM
Do people know how to do the signature moves? At least with finishers, they flash the y button

The Dude
11-30-12, 03:45 PM
Do people know how to do the signature moves? At least with finishers, they flash the y button

Signature moves do the same thing, you just have to be in the right spot.

Ex: CM Punk's signature is the 'Macho' elbow drop, so you have to be on the top rope to execute it.

DthRdrX
11-30-12, 04:59 PM
Historically, I have always found the engine this series has used lacking.

LOL, lacking?

This game allows the same amount of people in the ring as WWF Royal Rumble did for the SNES .... :)

Music
11-30-12, 06:37 PM
LOL, lacking?

This game allows the same amount of people in the ring as WWF Royal Rumble did for the SNES .... :)

So.... is that supposed to be good or bad?

How many people by the way? 4? 6? more?

boredsilly
11-30-12, 07:38 PM

Speaking of the Rumble, I really don't like the elimination controls. I suck at QTEs, and their use in the Rumble makes the match so much harder for me.

DGibFen
11-30-12, 08:03 PM
so.... Is that supposed to be good or bad?

How many people by the way? 4? 6? More?

DthRdrX
11-30-12, 10:38 PM
So.... is that supposed to be good or bad?

How many people by the way? 4? 6? more?

Fairly terrible that the wrestler limit at one time is 6 when they have well over a 100 guys in the game.

The rumble should be the best part of the game but it is one of the weakest. I wish they would give wrestlers in these games rankings similar to how Tecmo Bowl used to rank football players. Add a weight ranking for larger wrestlers so the matches can be more realistic as well.

DaveNinja
12-03-12, 11:34 AM
Is there really a 6 wrestler limit for the royal rumble? I;ve never bothered to count. If you have 6 in the ring does the count down for the next wrestler just wait until someone is knocked out of the ring?

superdeluxe
12-03-12, 11:47 AM
Speaking of the Rumble, I really don't like the elimination controls. I suck at QTEs, and their use in the Rumble makes the match so much harder for me.

Yeah I just started the Attitude 3:16 storyline, and I SUCK at the Royal Rumble.

I've also missed unlocking several things in the DX storyline because I can't hit all the objectives. (LIke the one against British Bulldog, which has like 5 objectives ugh).

superdeluxe
12-03-12, 11:49 AM
Oh, tried the Universe option, can someone give me some cliff notes on that? I just notice I'm playing through a ton of matches, but not really sure why or what they are leading up too. Also I'm skipping about 95% of matches because I realize that I haven't watched wrestling for 4-5 years and I don't recognize any of the wrestlers.

DthRdrX
12-03-12, 01:55 PM
Is there really a 6 wrestler limit for the royal rumble? I;ve never bothered to count. If you have 6 in the ring does the count down for the next wrestler just wait until someone is knocked out of the ring?

Pretty much. I think it sucks because the first few guys in the ring have to have a 1/6 chance of being thrown out before the event can continue. That means you can take a pretty hefty beating early on.

Mok
12-05-12, 07:05 PM
First batch of DLC is up Tensai, Ryback, Drew McIntyre, Yoshi Tatsu, AJ Lee, and Natalya.

TheKing
12-06-12, 08:19 AM
Oh, tried the Universe option, can someone give me some cliff notes on that? I just notice I'm playing through a ton of matches, but not really sure why or what they are leading up too. Also I'm skipping about 95% of matches because I realize that I haven't watched wrestling for 4-5 years and I don't recognize any of the wrestlers.

Here's how Universe is supposed to work: The game makes cards based mostly on title rankings, but there is also allies and rivals taken into account for some parts. These matches will sometimes have cut scenes if you play through them. The mode is supposed to be dynamic, while also allowing you to take control and start guiding the booking process. At least, that's how it was hyped.

In reality, Universe has never lived up to the hype. First off, they will just throw together random teams like say HHH and Primo, despite the fact that Primo has a tag team partner in the game (Epico). If you correct that error, you can play the match, but more than likely the match will come back the next week, as once the game decides that a feud is going to happen, it will be played out the whole month.

Editing matches will also kill all your chances at seeing the cut scenes, turning Universe into basically an Exhibition mode. Instead of allowing more freedom, THQ continues to constrain every last bit of it due to the fact that can't put together anything but the most simplistic logic system that has no learning ability whatsoever.

On top of that, they talked about all the great new branching storylines added to Universe before the game came out. Turns out, these storylines are only for specific Attitude Era characters, and if you don't use those specific wrestlers, you'll never see them.

So if you're simming most of your matches, you're not going to get much of anything out of Universe. If you want the matches your way, you can try and edit the rankings, which if you're lucky will lead the game to start giving you matches you want to play. But even with all of that, you're still going to get stupid and random booking decisions that miss even the most basic of wrestling matchmaking (good guy vs. bad guy, tag team partners actually booked as a team, etc.).

DaveNinja, the game can only handle 6 wrestlers at once. Instead of expanding this for this gen of gaming, they decided that eye candy was more important. And due to the horrible porting process that THQ or Yuke's has, the PS3 can barely handle it this year. I got slowdowns quite often in matches with 6 in the ring (though rumbles tend to be OK due to how the camera is presented and the action confined to the ring.

Mikael79
12-28-12, 11:22 AM
I received this game for Christmas, and I'm loving the Attitude Era mode. I've read some really nasty reviews about the game overall, but I'm impressed. Maybe it helps that I usually skip a year or two between releases.

sydonesia
01-03-13, 11:02 AM
If you've been on the fence on getting it like I have, it's $29.99 on Amazon today only.