Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

The Virginian & Wagon Train Season Sets $19.99 at Fry's Electronics B&M and .com

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Virginian & Wagon Train Season Sets $19.99 at Fry's Electronics B&M and .com

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On select sets...
I just purchased a bunch of these sets today for $19.99 at Fry's Electronics store in Los Angeles, but they are also available on their website.
They contain 10 discs per season and come in collectible tin packaging.
The old price tags under the new price tags were $49.99, and most of the other online retailers are still selling them in the $40 range.
I don't know if they are clearance, closeouts, markdowns, or just on sale for a limited time. Your Market may vary. Check their website for store availability.

http://shop3.frys.com/search?search_...mit.y=13&cat=0

http://www.frys.com/search?search_ty...bmit.y=8&cat=0

They have other Timeless Westerns on sale, too.
Alias Smith and Jones, Frontier Circus, Laredo, Laramie, Guns of Will Sonnet, etc.
Frontier Circus was $9.99. It has 6 discs.

Last edited by ron lee green; 05-22-12 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-21-12, 10:49 PM

Re: The Virginian & Wagon Train Season Sets $19.99 at Fry's Electronics B&M and .com

shout just bought timeless. Not sure if that is changing prices.
Old 05-22-12, 05:35 PM

Re: The Virginian & Wagon Train Season Sets $19.99 at Fry's Electronics B&M and .com

Thanks OP for the post. I ordered Oregon Trail $9.99, Branded CS $17.99 and M Squad CS for $24.99 as I already had the others. Nice sale.
Old 05-23-12, 09:32 AM

Thanks for the headsup.

Unfortunately, Frys website keeps telling me that there's an error with the address information I'm submitting (it's only the same address I've lived at for the last 20 years). I'm not about to call out to California to try to get customer non-service to fix their website problem.

So unless I can get this to work later, I'll be sitting this sale out.
Old 05-24-12, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I saw at Target, the non-tin versions of "The Virginian: Season 1" and "Wagon Train: Season 1" for fifteen and twenty bucks.
Old 05-25-12, 07:39 PM

Thanks, JohnIan for the Target tip,

Picked up the Virginian season 1. I already had Wagon Train.
It was a little hard to find. It was on the bottom shelf near the center aisle.
$15 is a great price for a 10-disc set! I now have the first 4 seasons for under $80!
Old 05-25-12, 08:19 PM

*nods*
Old 05-25-12, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The one that really caught my eye is The Best of Spaghetti Westerns, a 10 disc set for $9.99 that Barnes & Noble still wants $35.82 for.
Old 05-26-12, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I ordered The Guns of Will Sonnet as I missed a ~$14 copy at SAMs a few months back, and Laredo. During the check out process the system showed Laredo to be "Back Ordered" so I selected "Ship as available" willing to accept the stipulation "may cause higher shipping" due to the order going out at different times. I did this because of their wording on item availability which seems to imply that if you have an order being held due to something on BO it's possible other item(s) may go OOS and not be shipped when the BO item(s) come in. As *many* of the Timeless titles were showing "Unavaiable" or "Back Ordered" I selected the "ship as available" option rather than take that chance. BUT they shipped both at the same time and *still* charged the higher shipping! It is only $2 but it's the principal of the thing that gets my dander up. They should have only charged higher shipping had the sets gone out separately. Keep this in mind should you order many items and select that option. It could lead to significantly higher shipping fees.
Old 05-26-12, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
The one that really caught my eye is The Best of Spaghetti Westerns, a 10 disc set for $9.99 that Barnes & Noble still wants $35.82 for.
This set got decent reviews as many of the films are widescreen. A fantastic bargain.
Old 05-29-12, 06:59 PM

Was at Target earlier; picked up their exclusive for S4 of "True Blood" and looked about.

There is a price reduction. So I bought season one of "Wagon Train" for $16.99 was $19.99 a week ago. "The Virginian" season 1 is now $14.99, a dollar cheaper. I know I'll probably enjoy it. But I own the movie "Wagon Master" and like it a lot - I'll get more out of "Wagon Train" then the other (series [WT] based on the film).

All 10 disc were mint by the way. A good deal.
Old 05-30-12, 03:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i was hoping target would have some of the later seasons of Wagon Train and Virginian...already have the first of both. May just get the rest through fry's
Old 05-30-12, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The Virginian set at Target is also in a standard dvd case instead of the usual tin cases. I'm not a fan of the tins especially since each dvd is stuffed tightly in a sleeve. I'll probably watch mine once and resell them since they will get stratched to hell.
Old 05-30-12, 09:56 PM

will get stratched to hell
I would like to get the other seasons, but I hate the idea. Same deal with re-release, season one of "Twenty-Four". ALL the discs are scratched up. The tin had more than enough room for a regular case, not cardboard sleeves. I'm still bugged by that.
Old 06-04-12, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by JohnIan
I saw at Target, the non-tin versions of "The Virginian: Season 1" and "Wagon Train: Season 1" for fifteen and twenty bucks.
Stopped by my local Target for The Virginian. They had 3 sets of Wagon Train left for $19.99, but no sets of The Virginian left. Was pretty bummed.