Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Lots of Hotel Deal! Best one for July?

Sdallnct
05-05-12, 12:18 PM
I haven't been back to Vegas in a couple years. Thinking of a quick two day trip in July. Even more thinking about it with all the amazing deals. Anyone recommend the one?

NYNY is my standard stay. But not married to it. Looks like rates about $70 (Sunday/Monday). I saw Mirage isn't much more (about $80 for a strip view).

My own advise to people is that for a short trip, stay where you are going to do most of your stuff. That way you don't have to do taxi/monorail thing.

But I want to spend some time at Mandalay Bay, see Love (or Ka) and have a good dinner. Not sure where, but thinking Emeril's (MGM). Also plan on doing the forum shops. Will hit up Toby Keiths (Harrah's) and Margarittaville (close to Harrah's) as well.

So I'm limiting myself to Mid-south end hotels. Mirage might be the way to go. Only taxi would be for Mandalay Bay (want to spend some time at Red Square and the lounge up higher). Then could always either taxi back or walk and explore.

Red Dog
05-07-12, 11:30 AM
Unless you're booking through your Players Card, a good site for deals and promo codes is smartervegas.com. And sign up for it so you can see the unlisted deals.

Mirage to MGM is a real hike, unless you plan on crossing over to Harrahs and taking the monorail. I'd stay at Flamingo or Harrahs, but that's me. The rooms aren't a big deal to me and Mirage rates always seem overpriced for what you get.

Don't forget - the MGM properties tack on resort fees. The CET properties don't.

Sdallnct
06-12-12, 09:03 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out. I have a zillion Marriott points so I'm also considering Aria. But two nights is like 50,000 points! Which even tho I got a lot, hate to throw them away.

I'm thinking either NYNY or Mirage. Yea, hate resort fees but for just 2 nights, not going to be a deal breaker. I did star at Harrah's last time and was pleasantly surprised for the $30 per night. But wanted to do nice this time.

LolaRennt
06-26-12, 06:03 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out. I have a zillion Marriott points so I'm also considering Aria. But two nights is like 50,000 points! Which even tho I got a lot, hate to throw them away.

I'm thinking either NYNY or Mirage. Yea, hate resort fees but for just 2 nights, not going to be a deal breaker. I did star at Harrah's last time and was pleasantly surprised for the $30 per night. But wanted to do nice this time.

I think you are in a very, very good position here. You say that you have a zillion Marriott points. That is a lot! The only problem is that a zillion is not well defined, so we have to use some logic to try and find how many points you exactly have.

Well, a million is 1,000,000 points.
The next one up is a billion, or 1,000,000,000
Then we have the trillion, or 1,000,000,000,000 points
I assume that you mean the next one up, when referring to zillion, so you have 1,000,000,000,000,000 points. Again, that is a lot!

Let's look at this number. At 50,000 points per 2 nights, and at 365 nights per year (I am not counting leap years here, let's not be too finicky!), it will cost you 9,125,000 points per year. But, you have zillion! So, you have enough points for 109,589,041.1 years. Let's round this down a bit for easier math, shall we? Let's say you have enough points for 109,589,040 years.

The current population of the US is roughly 311 million, or 311,000,000. With the number of years available to you, and really, it wouldn't be fair to keep those all for you, because chances are you're not going to live that long, let's just be generous, and divide those up for every US citizen. Well, you have enough points to host every US citizen for about .35 years, or 128 days.

That's what a zillion points does for you. May I ask, how did you collect such a large number of points? Are you a compulsive couponer?

Jason
07-18-12, 06:56 PM
I saw a deal for two nights at Paris for $38 a night. The only problem was they were for that night (and the next). A week out, and they pretty much average price again.

Would it be a huge, huge risk to fly to Vegas and just plan on picking up rooms that day? It would be a simple matter to check deals at the airport and make reservations. Even with big conventions in town, I can't imagine the whole place fills up completely.