DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Season 1, Vol 1

Jedi Master 33
05-04-12, 11:25 AM
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Season-1-Volume-1/16902

Shout! Factory broke the news back in March that they'd signed a deal with Saban Entertainment for home video rights to 17 years of Power Rangers television history: every American TV show (sorry, no Sentai) from 1993's Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers to 2009's Power Rangers RPM is included in the deal...but only those shows, however. The '95 and '97 theatrical films are still with Fox, and the most recent TV series - as we recently reported - is coming to DVD from Lionsgate Entertainment instead. But all of the previous programs from the hugely popular franchise are in Shout!'s hands now, and they are beginning their mega-assault on stores this summer!

Overnight the studio's first plans for this show have been revealed with an Amazon pre-order entry for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Season 1, Vol.1, arriving in stores on August 21st. This 3-DVD set priced at $19.93 SRP brings you the first portion of the first of Morphin's three seasons. That includes "Day of the Dumpster," the very first episode which introduces us to Jason, Kimberly, Zack, Billy, Trini, Zordon, Alpha 5, Ernie, Bulk, Skull, Rita Repulsa, Goldar, Finster, Baboo and Squatt. We also ought to get on this collection the legendary 5-part story "Green With Evil," which first introduces Jason David Frank as "Tommy Oliver," the Green Ranger (the first of several colors Tommy would sport over the years!).

We're still waiting on Shout! Factory's press release (possibly next week) with all the details of this exciting brand launch for them. Hopefully it will have word of other releases in this long-running franchise (maybe other configurations for us more passionate fans, perhaps?). Stay tuned and we'll fill you in, as further developments occur!

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Season-1-Volume-1/16902#ixzz1tv1chQ8R

Ash Ketchum
05-04-12, 12:12 PM
This is awesome news. I can soon move all those early MMPR one-episode-to-a-tape VHS editions into storage.

Vlyger
05-04-12, 01:22 PM
This is good news. Season One consisted of 60 episodes, so I wonder how many volumes Shout! has in store.

Two volumes at 30 episodes each
or
Three volumes at 20 episodes each

"Green With Evil" miniseries:
-episode 17 (Part I)
-episode 18 (Part II)
-episode 19 (Part III)
-episode 20 (Part IV)
-episode 21 (Part V)

I would rather see two volumes released for the First Season. If not, then Vol.1 had better contain the first 21 episodes. I shouldn't worry though because Shout! Factory doesn't disappoint.

Spottedfeather
05-04-12, 04:13 PM
I wonder if this will have the unaired pilot with different actors in some of the parts. Knowing Shout Factory, I'd say this first volume will probably have 30 episodes on it. Probably no extras, though, but considering how big a part of teenage life PR was, I'll be happy with just the episode. I'll finally be able to not have to worry about finding the rest of the episodes online.

Kory
05-04-12, 06:02 PM
I fucking loved Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers as a kid. I even won a contest in which I received I believe a 5-VHS set of the Green Ranger's introduction, as well as a toy replica of the Dragon Dagger (I think that's what it was called). With that said, as a 25 year old man, I don't know how well these would hold up for me, even when factoring in the nostalgia. Might give the first volume a try just to see.

The Monkees
05-05-12, 12:32 PM
I'm so unbelievably excited about this. I have the German sets of the first four seasons (including Zeo) and am looking forward to finally being able to watch these on a non-region free DVD player! I read on a PR site that the person in charge of the DVD releases mentioned something about getting 10 episodes on a disc and having them still maintaining their quality. So this could be half the seasons, lets hope!

Quack
05-09-12, 12:22 PM
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/16925

The first multi-disc set to be released will be the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season One, Volume One 3-Dvd set, which will arrive in stores and will be available through select digital entertainment platforms on August 21, 2012. Marking the DVD debut of the original Power Rangers series, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season One, Volume One features the first 30 original episodes from the first season and delivers over 10 hours of high-energy, family friendly entertainment. Poised to attract a new audience of kids as well as young adults who grew up with this popular series, this 3-DVD set is priced to own at a suggested retail price of $19.93. Pre-order is now available at Amazon.com and ShoutFactory.com.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season One, Volume Two 3-DVD set is slated to arrive on store shelves Fall 2012. Featuring the subsequent 30 original episodes, this DVD set continues more action-packed adventures of five teens, who quickly learn the full impact and awesome responsibility of their new powers and weapons. The evil villain, Rita Repulsa and her henchmen prove to be very worthy adversaries for the young super heroes, and they are challenged at every turn.

In an effort to provide avid collectors with an exclusive first-to-own experience, fans will have the first opportunity to collect upcoming box sets through a Time Life direct-response television and online campaign. Shout! Factory has teamed up with Time Life to make Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season One 6-DVD set and the 40-DVD collection of Power Rangers: Seasons One - Seven directly available to fans starting July 30, 2012 through Time Life's direct-response on-air TV campaign, as well as online.

The Power Rangers: Seasons One -Seven 40-DVD collection will include: All 145 original episodes from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Seasons One, Two and Three, plus the ten-episode series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Alien Rangers. It then continues on with Power Rangers: Seasons Four - Seven, featuring all of the original 183 episodes spanning the seasons entitled Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers In Space and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. In-depth bonus content includes: a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand-new interviews with members of the cast and the creative team, and much more!

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/16925#ixzz1uOVHGE7C

Ash Ketchum
05-09-12, 01:29 PM
Wow. This is great news. Hard to believe, but this August will make 19 years since MMPR premiered.

I remember getting hold of VHS tapes with episodes of "Zyuranger," the Japanese series which provided MMPR with its action footage, and showing them to my daughter and the neighbor kids after MMPR had been on for a few weeks. They were astounded. One of the kids kept saying, "My friends aren't gonna believe me when I tell them I saw this." And guess what? They didn't! Except for one girl who noticed that the Yellow Ranger's costume didn't have a skirt which backed up the neighbor boy's story that the Yellow Ranger in the Japanese original was a guy.

Wouldn't it be great if they included some original Japanese episodes--with subtitles!--as bonus episodes in these sets?

The Monkees
05-10-12, 01:08 PM
I am absolutely getting that 40-DVD set! I've been waiting YEARS for US releases of this show and am such a huge fan! I imported the first 4 seasons from Germany (and got my season 1 autographed by Jason Narvy, a.k.a. Skull) but I will gladly rebuy them for the region 1 (and English audio that those 3 episodes on season 1 did not have).

Mike86
05-10-12, 02:01 PM
I loved the series when I was a kid but I really don't know how well it would hold up to me now. I might pick up at least the first volume when it's out though if it's cheap enough.

The Monkees
05-10-12, 08:21 PM
I loved the series when I was a kid but I really don't know how well it would hold up to me now. I might pick up at least the first volume when it's out though if it's cheap enough.

The whole series is on Netflix instant streaming if you want to see if you still like it.

Ash Ketchum
05-11-12, 10:14 AM

I've been watching every season, but I still like to go back to the original season every so often and those episodes always bring a smile to my face. Except when I think about Thuy Trang (Trini, the original Yellow Ranger) and her tragic fate. Then it's tears, not smiles.

The current season, Power Rangers Super Samurai, is now on Nickelodeon.

Quack
06-05-12, 10:56 PM
Here's an update about S1-S7 in a set.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17042

http://tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/PowerRangers_S1-S7.jpg

Your favorite childhood show has morphenomenal action, adventure, and meaningful lessons for both original and young fans. Now you can relive these action-packed adventures and share them with the next generation when we unleash the ORIGINAL POWER RANGERS on DVD for the very first time! Plus, you'll get exclusive in-depth bonus content, including a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand new interviews with the cast and creative teams, and much, much more!

Emphasizing the importance of teamwork, fitness, responsibility and helping others, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers follows the thrilling and humorous adventures of ordinary teens who "morph" into extraordinary superheroes over the course of three seasons. The adventures continue with Power Rangers Zeo, as the team takes on a new member, new zords, and meets new challenges and enemies. Then shift into Power Rangers Turbo, with the fastest team yet! Next, "Let's Rocket!" as we blast off for Power Rangers In Space; then we'll "Go Galactic!" as we join a new team in unexplored territory with Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Order your own incredible POWER RANGERS box set today!
A few hours ago today, TimeLife.com began accepting pre-orders for their 40-DVD collection of Power Rangers - Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy. You'll get 338 episodes which aired from 1993 to 1999, plus tons of bonus material including 2 DVDs completely dedicated to extras.

Additionally, with this title you'll also get a rare Bandai-made action figure of Morphin Red Ranger (Jason) wearing the "Dragon Shield" (which, in case you've forgotten, is the golden shoulder pad/chestpiece assembly) usually seen on the Morphin Green Ranger (Tommy). You can see a high-res image of this action figure at the bottom, complete with accessory sword and blaster. This toy was once available for collectors, but not for a long time; it is currently available exclusively from Time Life with the purchase of this title. And don't think this combination of Red and Green Ranger uniforms is simply out-of-the-blue; it is taken directly from two Mighty Morphin: Season 1 episodes: "Birds of a Feather" and "Clean-Up Club"...both of which you can watch on these discs!

Note that there is NOT any overall "slipcase" packaging for this title: these are the same sets that Shout! Factory will be selling individually, and Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton. The price is $219.95 SRP, which may sound like a lot at first, but at 40 discs it breaks down to just $5.49 per DVD. Or, putting bonus stuff aside, it's just 65 per episode...$31.42 per season. And standard shipping is available for free. It's a great value, any way you look at it. And if you cannot afford the entire $219.95 cost at once, you can break it down into 5 easy installments of $43.99 per payment. Sounds good to us!

The current planned ship date is August 6th, just a week later than what we originally reported. Time Life, Shout! Factory and Saban are working on getting a full press release to us soon; stay tuned for that!

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17042#ixzz1wywvSN1S

The Monkees
06-07-12, 01:14 PM
I got the 40 disc set preordered from Time Life!

shacmasta
06-10-12, 11:45 PM
On the fence for the entire run set, since I pretty much stepped away from the show after the Mighty Morphin era, but the collector and Tv show freak in me would like to have the whole set for nostalgia reasons. Tough call

Quack
06-11-12, 08:37 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AvJpl6-CQAEcmiM.jpg:large

The Monkees
06-12-12, 12:13 PM
I absolutely can't wait for this!

Quack
06-12-12, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure if I wanna get the 40 disc set or just the 19 disc set.

Spottedfeather
06-12-12, 05:20 PM
On the fence for the entire run set, since I pretty much stepped away from the show after the Mighty Morphin era, but the collector and Tv show freak in me would like to have the whole set for nostalgia reasons. Tough call

I hope that they do get around to putting out the whole run of the show, as this is just the first seven seasons. I want at least up to Mystic Force. After hearing about it, it will be a kick to see Rita as the main, Zordon-like good guy leader of the power rangers.

Kory
06-12-12, 08:11 PM
That 19-disc set is great, as it looks like it will just be the original series and cast? That's the only one I ever watched or have any real familiarity or nostalgia with, so I will probably pick that up, depending on the price.

Kenny22
06-12-12, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure if I wanna get the 40 disc set or just the 19 disc set.

Unfortunately, there's no option for just the 19 disc set. The 40 Disc Set is being broken into 2 collections. "Mighty Morphin", with the image of the slipcover posted above, consisting of 19 discs and Seasons 4-7 consisting of the other 21 discs. Purchasing the 40 Disc Collection is the only way to own the 19 disc set of just "Mighty Morphin" unless of course you choose to wait for the individual seasons/volumes of those releases.

Quack
06-12-12, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately, there's no option for just the 19 disc set. The 40 Disc Set is being broken into 2 collections. "Mighty Morphin", with the image of the slipcover posted above, consisting of 19 discs and Seasons 4-7 consisting of the other 21 discs. Purchasing the 40 Disc Collection is the only way to own the 19 disc set of just "Mighty Morphin" unless of course you choose to wait for the individual seasons/volumes of those releases.

But why would they have box art for a 19 disc set? I imagine at some point you'll be able to just get the first 3 seasons.

The Monkees
06-12-12, 11:37 PM
But why would they have box art for a 19 disc set? I imagine at some point you'll be able to just get the first 3 seasons.

It may be available at some point in general stores but I understand why it's split up like that. MMPR was it's own series and then Zeo, Turbo, In Space and Lost Galaxy were their own series. So the first 3 seasons were MMPR so that would get it's own box. Now having the other 4 seasons boxed together makes no sense. I guess for the people buying the 40 disc set it's better doing it that way, but I don't see seasons 4 - 7 being boxed together when they eventually make their way to general stores.

Kenny22
06-13-12, 05:37 PM

In addition to the 40 disc Mega Set, The entire first season will be released in its own collection in a 6 disc collection. No details or dates have been revealed for that release yet though. I know it seems a little confusing with so many different versions being released so let me try to break it down:

1) Time Life is releasing the 40 Disc Mega Set consisting of 2 collections ("Mighty Morphin" which encompasses 19 discs, two of which are bonus features and "Seasons 4-7" consisting of 21 discs where 1 will be for bonus features).

2) Shout! Factory (at this time) will be releasing Season 1, Volume 1 this August with Season 1, Volume 2 to follow in the fall. It looks like Shout!'s own release strategy will be breaking the seasons into volumes to minimize cost and disc count for the more casual shopper.

3) A full "Season 1" collection consisting of 6 discs will be released as well although a release date and details have not been revealed yet for it. It is uncertain whether this collection will be available exclusively through Time Life or via Shout!'s website or other online/store retailers.

LosingMyMind
06-24-12, 04:18 PM

It will be available at comic-con.

Mike86
06-24-12, 05:39 PM
I think I'll just buy Season One, Volume One to start out and see if I still like it or not. I'm really only interested in the Mighty Morphin seasons and possibly In Space. I wasn't a fan of any of the others.

mhg83
06-24-12, 07:55 PM
Loved Power Rangers growing up. Even though the episodes are all the same, you gotta love the Bulk and Skull moments. Especially in the second season when they try to uncover the secret identities of the power rangers.

The mini-series episodes were awesome though. The five part intro to the green ranger was good but i loved the two parter "Green No More" and of course the three part season two premiere with the introduction of Lord Zedd. I remember that was the first time power rangers aired in prime-time.

Oh and Amy Jo Johnson in a leotard :drool:

Still on the fence of buying the complete series sets.

Ash Ketchum
06-25-12, 05:35 AM
Loved Power Rangers growing up. Even though the episodes are all the same, you gotta love the Bulk and Skull moments.

Bulk is back in the current PR season, "Power Rangers Samurai."

mhg83
06-26-12, 06:52 PM
Interview with the director of dvd's/Blu-ray at Shout! Factory

http://awwman.com/nps/main/2012/06/episode-144-interview-with-brian-ward-director-of-dvdblu-ray-production-at-shout-factory/

mhg83
06-27-12, 08:44 AM
So I ended up caving and ordered the complete series set. MMPR was my favorite show growing up and having every episode in good quality and bonus features is well worth the price. I still wouldn't consider this set to be truly complete as they left out the two movies.

Spottedfeather
06-27-12, 05:32 PM
As I said, I really do hope they put out the rest of the show. At least, seasons 8,9, and 10.

Mike86
06-30-12, 09:16 PM
Bulk is back in the current PR season, "Power Rangers Samurai."
Wow, I just went through the Bulk and Skull Wikipedia page. I had no idea that the characters had stuck around for that long and that Bulk is still in the newest version.

LosingMyMind
07-05-12, 02:21 PM
Here's the special features list from the mega set.
1. Morphin Time! A Look Back At Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
2. A Morphenomenal Cast: A Look At Becoming A Power Ranger
3. Tales of the Giant Banana: A Look Back at Bulk & Skull
4. Behind the Mask: Celebrating the Stunt Team
5. The Fans Power Up
6. A Convention With Attitude: Power Morphicon
7. Lord Zedd's Monster Heads
8. Alpha's Magical Christmas
9. The Good, The Bad and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk & Skull
10. The MMPR Fan Club Video
11. MMPR Karate Club: The White Ranger Kata
12. Power Rangers Live: The World Tour
13. The Lost Episode
14. Power Playback: Power Rangers Funniest Moments
15. It's Comin' ZEO Serial
16. Gold Lining ZEO Promo
17. Tanya's Stick Together Music Video

...and a little something special.

mhg83
07-05-12, 04:25 PM
...and a little something special.

Kimberly's lost nude scene -wink-

Rypro 525
07-05-12, 04:37 PM
So I ended up caving and ordered the complete series set. MMPR was my favorite show growing up and having every episode in good quality and bonus features is well worth the price. I still wouldn't consider this set to be truly complete as they left out the two movies.

if its worth it to you, you can usually find the 2 movies in the wal mart or best buy 5 dollar dump bins. both movies are anamorphic and with 5.1 sound

The Monkees
07-07-12, 12:30 PM

1. Morphin Time! A Look Back At Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
2. A Morphenomenal Cast: A Look At Becoming A Power Ranger
3. Tales of the Giant Banana: A Look Back at Bulk & Skull
4. Behind the Mask: Celebrating the Stunt Team
5. The Fans Power Up
6. A Convention With Attitude: Power Morphicon
7. Lord Zedd's Monster Heads
8. Alpha's Magical Christmas
9. The Good, The Bad and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk & Skull
10. The MMPR Fan Club Video
11. MMPR Karate Club: The White Ranger Kata
12. Power Rangers Live: The World Tour
13. The Lost Episode
14. Power Playback: Power Rangers Funniest Moments
15. It's Comin' ZEO Serial
16. Gold Lining ZEO Promo
17. Tanya's Stick Together Music Video

You have no idea how excited I am for this! I was just really hoping the Zeo Serial was on there and in the back of my mind I was like it would be great if they had the direct to video stuff (i.e. Alpha's Magical Christmas, Lord Zedd's Monster Heads, etc.) but never expected to see them!

Not that I'm complaining, but I am slightly surprised that the PSA's that used to air on Fox Kids aren't on here.

Vlyger
07-09-12, 12:58 PM
August 21 - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 1, Vol.1

September 4 - Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation: Vol.1

October 2 - V.R. Troopers: Season 1, Vol.1

October 16 - Big Bad Beetleborgs: Season 1, Vol.1

No word yet on any Masked Rider DVD release.

LosingMyMind
07-10-12, 11:27 PM
Trailer for the MMPR set:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sf8dcYgPktc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ash Ketchum
07-11-12, 10:09 AM
I haven't ordered the DVD set yet, but I did dig out my VHS tapes to watch some episodes for the Sci-Fi Challenge (see separate list thread). I watched the 3-part "The Wedding" in which Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa get married. Interestingly, Part 1 is the last episode in which we see footage of Rita as played in the Japanese original by Machiko Soga. At some point in the three-parter, I believe in episode 2, the character undergoes a makeover to look younger, and comes out being played by a new actress, Carla Perez, in all-new, American-shot scenes. (Machiko Soga had played the character in only one Japanese season, "Zyurangers," so the American producers had simply run out of footage. In subsequent seasons, starting with "Turbo," they would change the American show every season to match the Japanese show.)

LosingMyMind
07-12-12, 05:05 PM
The MMPR set is now available to pre-order on shout's website:
http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257946

MR Round
07-16-12, 02:58 PM
Not speaking from a quality of the show stand point, is the complete series with its 338 episodes and bonus features a good deal at $220. I would like to get it but im not sure if it's a good deal?

Kenny22
07-16-12, 04:50 PM
Not speaking from a quality of the show stand point, is the complete series with its 338 episodes and bonus features a good deal at $220. I would like to get it but im not sure if it's a good deal?

Personally, I think it's a steal at that price. Your getting 338 episodes which consists of 7 seasons altogether plus 3 of the discs that are packed with special features such as retrospective interviews. In addition, the sets come with a pretty hefty booklet that gives details of each episode and you also get the exclusive action figure. I know it's a lot to drop on one purchase but if you ask me, it's more than worth it.

Spottedfeather
07-18-12, 12:44 AM
I really hope Shout Factory gets around to putting out a few more seasons of the show. I'd at least like to see Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, and S.P.D. Mystic Force will only be interesting to the once evil Rita as the main good guy leader of the team.

Kenny22
07-18-12, 07:16 AM
I really hope Shout Factory gets around to putting out a few more seasons of the show. I'd at least like to see Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, and S.P.D. Mystic Force will only be interesting to the once evil Rita as the main good guy leader of the team.

Well, Shout does in fact have the rights to every season of the show up until RPM. The latest season and beyond is with Lionsgate. I believe Shout's plan in the future is to release another massive box set that covers Lightspeed Rescue to RPM. It should be really exciting to follow their progress on the remainder of the show.

MR Round
07-18-12, 04:23 PM
Has Time Life ever released whats on the third bonus disc yet?

Kenny22
07-18-12, 06:36 PM
Has Time Life ever released whats on the third bonus disc yet?

As of now that's still unknown, I'm sure it'll be revealed before they actually ship though.

MR Round
07-19-12, 10:07 PM
I called in to place a preorder and i asked what was on the third bonus disc and the guy said they havent even released the contents to the employees, but he was fairly certain that its not going to be the two movies.

LosingMyMind
07-23-12, 01:11 PM
Kind of disappointed with how short the new bonus features for the MMPR set are. Around 1 hour and 10 minutes for the three. Was hoping for closer to two.

MR Round
07-23-12, 07:25 PM
Here's a review of the MMPR portion of the set it looks like the special features that are goona be on disc three is going to be in the second boxset and have everything from the zeo to Lost Galaxy years
http://blog.samuraicast.com/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-box-set-review/

Edit- Disc Three bonus features will have

Extensive DVD bonus content from Power Rangers: Seasons Four- Seven DVD box set:
•Tales of The Giant Banana – Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy look back at the fun and chemistry behind fan-favorite characters Bulk and Skull
•Behind The Mask: Celebrating The Stunt Team – Stunt coordinator Jeff Pruitt and stunt team members Bridgett Riley and Sophia Crawford recall what it really took to be a Power Ranger.
•A Conversation with Attitude – An intimate look into Power Morphicon – a fan-created convention exclusively honoring Power Rangers!
•The Lost Episode Hosted by Austin St. John and Walter Emmanuel Jones.
•Power Playback: Power Rangers’ Funniest Moments Hosted by Johnny Yong Bosch.
•… And More!

http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-rangers-seasons-4-7-dvd-box-set-bonus-features/

Spottedfeather
07-24-12, 03:03 AM
I'm really hoping it will have the pilot with one of the actors being different.

Dragon Tattoo
07-24-12, 05:26 AM
I'm really hoping it will have the pilot with one of the actors being different.

The post directly above you states that that episode is included (The Lost Episode Hosted by Austin St. John and Walter Emmanuel Jones).

LosingMyMind
07-24-12, 03:02 PM
The post directly above you states that that episode is included (The Lost Episode Hosted by Austin St. John and Walter Emmanuel Jones).
The Lost Episode is the second pilot. Audri DuBois was in the first.

Dragon Tattoo
07-24-12, 03:34 PM
The Lost Episode is the second pilot. Audri DuBois was in the first.

I'm wondering if you ever actually watched this...? Audri DuBois was in The Lost Episode that was hosted by Austin and Walter. It aired on TV. I actually saw it when I was a kid and have it on VHS tape.

Just go to the Wiki if you still don't get it:
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Episode

Or go to Youtube and look at the promos which very obviously have DuBois playing Trini.

mhg83
08-01-12, 09:11 PM
This gets shipped this week correct?

LosingMyMind
08-01-12, 09:28 PM
This gets shipped this week correct?
Ships the week of August 6.

LosingMyMind
08-03-12, 02:45 AM
The MMPR set is now available to pre-order on shout's website:
http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257946
Temporarily sold out and shout has pulled the order page until they have more stock :up:

Spottedfeather
08-03-12, 09:54 PM
Can't wait for this. When I was a kid (Well, 13), Power Rangers was my favourite show. I can't wait to watch the dvds. Hopefully, they'll do another set with the next 7 seasons.

LosingMyMind
08-08-12, 01:11 AM
Because of the week delay, Time Life is giving everyone who pre-ordered before the revised ship date an upgrade to expedited shipping.

mhg83
08-08-12, 01:14 PM
Morphtastic!

Mike86
08-09-12, 09:32 PM
So I didn't realize until reading the review on here that the individual volumes weren't going to have the extras at all. That was part of the appeal for me to want to buy these. I don't really want to have to buy the whole damn box set for it either as I really only like Mighty Morphin and In Space.

LosingMyMind
08-09-12, 10:25 PM
Sets are shipping out Friday with overnight delivery for the pre-orders. Can't wait!

mhg83
08-10-12, 06:04 PM
I got a confirmation e-mail that it's been shipped but the expected delivery date is monday. So no overnight? It's shipping from kentucky which is about 6 hours from me in illinois. So good chance i get it tomorrow? I hope :)

Spottedfeather
08-10-12, 07:51 PM
Mine is supposed to be here by Monday.

Spottedfeather
08-13-12, 03:53 PM
My sets just got here. I haven't watched them yet, though. But the packaging is great. Not quite as sparkly as the JEM sets Shout Factory did, the boxes are still incredible quality. I'm a bit disappointed by the "exclusive Power Rangers figure" that comes with the set. From the pictures online, I was thinking it would a lot bigger than it actually is. I was expecting something like the large PR figures that came out years ago. Not quite as big as a barbie/gi Joe, but bigger than the little 80s gi Joes. The figure is actually only slightly bigger than an 80s gi joe. It does look cool, though.

mhg83
08-13-12, 04:52 PM
Got my set early morning. The toy is okay but i never wanted it anyways. Watched a few episodes and i find the Bulk and Skull stuff the best part. They're also better actors than the rangers :lol:

Also Amy Jo Johnson is still :drool:

Spottedfeather
08-14-12, 03:18 PM
Well, I've watched the first 10 or 11 episodes, and I have to say the quality is great. Definitely a LOT better than what you would have seen on tv in 1992. With 10 episodes on each disc, I would have thought there'd be a lot of compression. But I haven't seen any artifacts. At least, not that I noticed. The audio is standard stereo. A bit hollow sounding, but the All Channel Stereo setting on my surround sound makes it sound a lot better. I'm sure it would sound just fine through tv speakers, though.

LosingMyMind
08-14-12, 08:08 PM
Well, I've watched the first 10 or 11 episodes, and I have to say the quality is great. Definitely a LOT better than what you would have seen on tv in 1992. With 10 episodes on each disc, I would have thought there'd be a lot of compression. But I haven't seen any artifacts. At least, not that I noticed. The audio is standard stereo. A bit hollow sounding, but the All Channel Stereo setting on my surround sound makes it sound a lot better. I'm sure it would sound just fine through tv speakers, though.
I'm happy with how great the VHS specials look. But by far, the coolest feature is the Galaxy Rangers easter egg. Could watch that over and over again, with how awesome/hilarious it is.

Spottedfeather
08-16-12, 12:23 AM
I was reading about how there is an easter egg somewhere. Does anyone know how to find it ?

LosingMyMind
08-16-12, 05:24 AM
I was reading about how there is an easter egg somewhere. Does anyone know how to find it ?
On the first MMPR bonus disc, just press right until the lightning bolt at the top is highlighted.

Ash Ketchum
08-16-12, 12:51 PM
Okay, I'm a bit slow here. I haven't ordered anything yet. I want to order the big box set, the one that has, like, 7 seasons, but when I went to Shout's site all I could find was Season 1, Vol. 1. And that's all I found on Amazon.

How does one order the larger box set?

Thanks.

Quack
08-16-12, 01:05 PM
Ash you gotta go to Time Life's site.

Here ya go!

http://timelife.com/products/power-rangers-from-mighty-morphin-to-lost-galaxy

Spottedfeather
08-16-12, 04:49 PM
I can't wait to get to Space and Lost Galaxy. After the original team, Lightspeed, Wild Force, and Time Force, those are my favourite seasons. I'm really hoping that Shout does more sets with the next 7 seasons of the show.

LosingMyMind
08-18-12, 04:33 AM
I can't wait to get to Space and Lost Galaxy. After the original team, Lightspeed, Wild Force, and Time Force, those are my favourite seasons. I'm really hoping that Shout does more sets with the next 7 seasons of the show.
From Ranger Crew:
The next Shout! PR set containing Lightspeed to (probably) Wild Force will be out sometime next year. The set may or may not include NS

Spottedfeather
08-18-12, 03:31 PM
I'm hoping they'll do Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, and at least Mystic Force. The other series would be alright, too.

LosingMyMind
09-02-12, 06:51 PM
The MMPR set is back on shout's site.

LosingMyMind
09-05-12, 08:17 PM
Not that I'm complaining, but I am slightly surprised that the PSA's that used to air on Fox Kids aren't on here.
The Bulk and Skull PSA is on The Good, The Bad, and The Stupid after the end credits. That one was always my favorite, so at least that's on there.

LosingMyMind
09-11-12, 09:29 PM
The MMPR set is going to retail stores on November 20th: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-The-Complete-Series/17481

LosingMyMind
07-18-13, 01:24 PM
http://tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/PowerRangersLegacy_TheFirst20Years.jpg
Celebrating the Multi-Generational
Global Pop Culture Phenomenon!

Power Rangers Legacy:
The First 20 Years

Limited Edition Ultimate Power Rangers
Home Entertainment Collection Unleashes

December 3, 2013

Featuring Over 270 Hours of Entertainment on
98 DVDs; Available Only from ShoutFactory.com

Following its debut in 1993, Saban's iconic live-action pop culture franchise, Power Rangers quickly became the most-watched children's television program in North America. Emphasizing the importance of teamwork, responsibility and helping others by following the adventures of a group of ordinary young people who "morphed" into superheroes, this long-running series has been seen in more than 150 countries, translated into numerous languages, and remains a mainstay in children's programming blocks. For 20 years, the highly entertaining saga and fan favorite characters from Power Rangers have captivated children and adults alike and are beloved by legions of fans worldwide.

In celebration of this multi-generational pop culture phenomenon, Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Saban Brands, is proud to announce the ultimate Power Rangers collection, Power Rangers Legacy: The First 20 Years. Spanning the first 20 seasons of the Power Rangers television series, this limited edition home entertainment collection features every Power Rangers episode, from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Power Rangers Megaforce, boasting over 270 hours of action-packed entertainment across 98 DVDs. Housed in a collectible Red Ranger helmet, Power Rangers Legacy: The First 20 Years includes six DVDs spotlighting hours of bonus content, including brand-new featurettes as well as special archival material.

A must-have for the most dedicated Power Ranger fans, Power Rangers Legacy: The First 20 Years will return to where the phenomenon began, and re-live the thrill-packed adventures when released on December 3, 2013.

As excitement builds for this release, Shout! Factory and Saban Brands will announce additional news, including details on all-new bonus content in the coming months. Meanwhile, fans will have the opportunity to learn more about the upcoming collection by following us on Facebook and Twitter (@PowerRangerNews @shoutfactory).

Ash Ketchum
07-18-13, 01:57 PM
http://tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/PowerRangersLegacy_TheFirst20Years.jpg

Cool, but umm... how much?

LosingMyMind
07-18-13, 02:44 PM
Probably a lot. I would hope for no more than $450, but it'll probably be $500-$600. I wouldn't even consider getting it, but the set is going to have some exclusive special features that aren't part of the other mega sets.

I guess the press release doesn't state it, but the helmet also has two empty slots to slide in the movies as well.

robin2099
07-18-13, 05:05 PM
It's also supposed to be limited to 2000 copies according to IGN.

LosingMyMind
08-12-13, 12:29 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-Seasons-Eight-Twelve/dp/B00EALTVJ6/ref=sr_1_13?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1376328398&sr=1-13&keywords=shout+factory
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91R2J7fyMJL._SL1500_.jpg

Quack
08-13-13, 09:39 AM
This series must sell well enough that they just keep cranking them out.

Bran329
09-12-13, 04:15 PM
Oh beautiful memories