Old 04-27-12, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Fringe -- "Worlds Apart" -- 4/27/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The teams on both sides fight on for a common cause, and there are shocking developments tied to the Cortexiphan children in the all-new "Worlds Apart" episode of FRINGE airing Friday, April 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-420) (TV-14 V)

Episode 20 of 22

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u6CcOsAZvmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't wait. And the renewal yesterday makes these last 3 episodes even sweeter.
Old 04-28-12, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fringe -- "Worlds Apart" -- 4/27/12

Great episode. Definitely a sense of finality to it, but I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Fauxlivia or Walternate or the other side.
Old 04-28-12, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

Bye Bolivia, Walternate, Lincoln and anti-social Astrid.

I don't know about all of you, but this episode kind of reminded me of the 1978 movie "The Fury" with Kirk Douglas and Andrew Stevens. The Cortexiphan subjects getting together at the same points around the world, then seeing the veins moving around in their forehead before causing all the chaos totally reminded me of that movie.

Also, I noticed an error in one of the details of this episode. You probably wouldn't catch this, unless your familiar with China city geography. But, in the Beijing China segment, when one of the subjects went to the roof of that building, you could see in the background The Oriental Pearl Tower. I've been to the Oriental Pearl Tower when I traveled to China 6 years ago. The problem is, it's in Shanghai, not Beijing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental_Pearl_Tower

Nevertheless, good episode. I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of The Other Side.
Old 04-28-12, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

I liked it when Fauxlivia was talking about the joy of watching a rainbow and Olivia just could not comprehend
Old 04-28-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 345 Posts

Good episode. Kinda surprised that Linc won't be around now (allegedly). When Walter and Walternate were discussing the possibility of Peter vanishing with the closing of the gate, I was suspecting that would be the way to get him back to his own universe (assuming he's no longer really trying now that Olivia has morphed into "his" Olivia).

Since that didn't happen, I'll fall back on my other (unfounded) suspicion that Jones' plan will result in Peter's return home so that the final season can be spent there.
Old 04-28-12, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Olivia still has the ability to transport herself.

Watching this episode reminded me of an old Fantastic Four comic book. Walter is Reed Richards. The Harvard lab is Reed's lab in Baxter Building. Jones is Doctor Doom planning to destroy the universes so he can rule the new one that's created. The device reminded me of one of those things Reed comes up with but keeps locked up in his lab because it's too dangerous to use. The room with the bridge is like the room in Reed's lab with the negative zone portal.
The observers are like the Watchers. Sworn to watch but never interfere. Peter's observer interferes to help our heroes just like Earth's Watcher always breaks his oath of non-interference to help the F.F.
There's even a second generation future superheroine who inherited her powers from her mother.

Last edited by rw2516; 04-28-12 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-28-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
Olivia still has the ability to transport herself.

Watching this episode reminded me of an old Fantastic Four comic book. Walter is Reed Richards. The Harvard lab is Reed's lab in Baxter Building. Jones is Doctor Doom planning to destroy the universes so he can rule the new one that's created. The device reminded me of one of those things Reed comes up with but keeps locked up in his lab because it's too dangerous to use. The room with the bridge is like the room in Reed's lab with the negative zone portal.
The observers are like the Watchers. Sworn to watch but never interfere. Peter's observer interferes to help our heroes just like Earth's Watcher always breaks his oath of non-interference to help the F.F.
There's even a second generation future superheroine who inherited her powers from her mother.
Would that make Asrtid H.E.R.B.I.E.??
Old 04-28-12, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bronkster
Good episode. Kinda surprised that Linc won't be around now (allegedly). When Walter and Walternate were discussing the possibility of Peter vanishing with the closing of the gate, I was suspecting that would be the way to get him back to his own universe (assuming he's no longer really trying now that Olivia has morphed into "his" Olivia).

Since that didn't happen, I'll fall back on my other (unfounded) suspicion that Jones' plan will result in Peter's return home so that the final season can be spent there.
This is Peter's home.
Old 04-28-12, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atxbomber
This is Peter's home.
Yes, it was explained previously that this is Peter's home/timeline. He was wiped from their memories when he vanished previously. Olivia regained her memories somehow (probably from the Cortexiphan dosings).

I hope this isn't the last we see of Bolivia. I like her more than Olive.
Old 04-28-12, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I liked it when Fauxlivia was talking about the joy of watching a rainbow and Olivia just could not comprehend
I'm not sure what you mean. Olivia knows rainbows and even encourages FL to keep looking up.
Old 04-29-12, 01:50 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

so given the futuristic episode last week, was this episode alluding to Jones actually being good?
Old 04-29-12, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kennyx
so given the futuristic episode last week, was this episode alluding to Jones actually being good?
It wouldn't surprise me if at the end of the day, Jones is the one responsible for the Observers -- either by merging universes, or they are the ultimate descendants/results/whatever of his experiments into evolution.
Old 04-29-12, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I kept looking for the script assist credit for Marv Wolfman.

The entire episode worked around the same plot points as the first five issues of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

With Jones as the Anti-Monitor!
Old 04-29-12, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Wouldn't some set of Observers be trying to stop Jones? If he's successful, it sounds like they wouldn't have anyplace to invade.

My assumption then is that the Fringe team are destined to stop him so that the 2016 events can occur.
Old 04-29-12, 08:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Wouldn't some set of Observers be trying to stop Jones? If he's successful, it sounds like they wouldn't have anyplace to invade.

My assumption then is that the Fringe team are destined to stop him so that the 2016 events can occur.
That would make sense... and then hopefully have that storyline finalized in the last season.
Old 04-29-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

bye by alt-universe. I hope we see you again!
Old 04-29-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07

Yes. No matter what happens the probably of the future the observers want isn't affected. Thet probably monitor the timeline or calculate probabilities.

The observers weren't concerned with events of seasons 1-3 because no matter how they figured it, Peter would be erased. Which is exactly what happened. The only time I remember the observers being concerned is when one observer went rogue and prevented that girl from getting on the plane that crashed. She had to die for their future to happen.
Old 04-30-12, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kinda sad seeing the alt folks go. I imagine it won't be the last we see of them.

I assume that the boat we saw a few episodes back, the one containing all the creatures from past episodes, is Jones's Ark. Why in hell would you choose all that crazy shit to populate your universe!? Ha ha. That and winged monkey-men! Sounds like paradise!
Old 04-30-12, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Astrofan
I'm not sure what you mean. Olivia knows rainbows and even encourages FL to keep looking up.
In the end, right? I was referring specifically to their earlier conversation and Olivia seemed completely awkward or befuddled.
Old 04-30-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
In the end, right? I was referring specifically to their earlier conversation and Olivia seemed completely awkward or befuddled.
I would imagine it was a combination of, "why is she trying to be extra friendly with me" and, "no rainbows? strange effect of a universe breakdown..."
Old 04-30-12, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Haven't watched this one yet, but I stumbled onto this and that it was too awesome to not share:

Old 04-30-12, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Haven't watched this one yet, but I stumbled onto this and that it was too awesome to not share:

LOVE
Old 04-30-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
I would imagine it was a combination of, "why is she trying to be extra friendly with me" and, "no rainbows? strange effect of a universe breakdown..."
Imagine what double rainbows would've done to her.
Old 04-30-12, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shazam
Imagine what double rainbows would've done to her.
"I keep looking up for rainbows..."

"OH, you are going to LOVE this video on YouTube."

"U tube?"