DVD Talk
Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)

tbender
04-27-12, 09:45 AM
Amazon has an $8 coupon up for Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy). The release date (as per Disney) is October 2.

JoeDoakes
04-27-12, 10:29 AM
Any idea what the coupon is or how to get it?

Obi-Wan Jabroni
04-27-12, 10:32 AM
It's right there on the item page. You click "Clip this Coupon", and then check out.

Manzana
04-27-12, 10:41 AM
I preordered. Too bad the coupon only works on the $3.50 more expensive edition with the DC I don't need. It's strange that Disney has published the release date, but Amazon doesn't know it yet.

BuckNaked2k
04-27-12, 10:47 AM
I think I'll wait 'n see if BB offers a SteelBook/IronPack on this one....

Decker
04-27-12, 11:15 AM
I think I'll wait 'n see if BB offers a SteelBook/IronPack on this one....

These $8 Disney coupons from Amazon disappear in a matter of days and usually end up being the best deal. My advice : Preorder now and later cancel if something better turns up.

davidh777
04-27-12, 11:54 AM
These $8 Disney coupons from Amazon disappear in a matter of days and usually end up being the best deal. My advice : Preorder now and later cancel if something better turns up.

This, because the price shifts by street date and the coupon holds. There have been one or two that I passed on then regretted.

Laser Movies
04-27-12, 11:55 AM

They have the expiration date posted at Amazon. Copied it below.

Save $8 on Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition)
Coming out of the Disney Vault and for the first time on Blu-ray, Cinderella is now available for pre-order. For a limited time save $8 on Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition). Coupon expires on May 3, 2012.

kenbenobi
04-27-12, 12:03 PM
LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Cinderella-Three-Disc-Diamond-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B0036TGSYE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335542617&sr=8-3)

Jtnguyen12
04-27-12, 02:14 PM
No 3D version ???

micmac36
04-27-12, 02:22 PM
what happened to aladdin? i thought it was next in line after lady and the tramp.

Superdaddy
04-27-12, 02:31 PM
what happened to aladdin? i thought it was next in line after lady and the tramp.

Should be the spring 2013 diamond title.

BuckNaked2k
04-27-12, 02:43 PM
These $8 Disney coupons from Amazon disappear in a matter of days and usually end up being the best deal. My advice : Preorder now and later cancel if something better turns up.Thanks, got my order in.

It's cool the $8 discount is taken after super-saver shipping is applied, so even though it nets out below $25, us non-prime members still get free shipping. :cool:

clckworang
04-27-12, 03:31 PM
This, because the price shifts by street date and the coupon holds. There have been one or two that I passed on then regretted.

Agreed. Sometimes it works out better than others, but you can often get really good deals. I've regretted not ordering a few titles.

PopcornTreeCt
04-27-12, 08:01 PM
I thought Pocahontas was next.

onebyone
04-27-12, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the thread! I love amazon disney coupons. Preordered.

TheBang
04-27-12, 08:25 PM
Pocahontas is not in the Diamond line. I think it is still scheduled for this year.

Also, the free shipping will still "stick" to the order, even if future pre-order price drops drop it below $25.

darkhawk
04-27-12, 10:43 PM
Went ahead and pre-ordered

JoN8282
04-27-12, 11:27 PM
Thanks Op - ordered now waiting for price drops

haverchuck
04-28-12, 05:37 AM
Pocahontas is not in the Diamond line. I think it is still scheduled for this year.

Pocahontas was just released on blu in Australia about 2 months ago. It is definitely not a diamond line, it is packaged as Pocahontas 1 and 2 on the same disc. You can't actually buy part 1 by itself. Obviously it could be different in the US though.

joe_b
04-28-12, 05:50 AM
You can't actually buy part 1 by itself. Obviously it could be different in the US though.The insert with Lady and the Tramp showed the Pocahontas double pack coming this Summer. I'm not a fan of these DTV sequels and I wish Disney would stop bundling them with the original films on BD.

Superdaddy
04-28-12, 08:19 AM
It was announced a while ago that Pocahontas would be a double feature with the sequel included. I have no interest in the latter but will buy the disc for the first film. It should indeed be out sometime this year.

rexinnih
04-28-12, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up and link. Pre-ordered.

bluetoast
04-29-12, 02:38 AM
Thanks. I regret missing out on Dumbo, Lion King. I'm usually good about getting them all for the right price. For other studios it's okay to wait for a low price months later, but for Disney it's all about immediate action.

The Valeyard
04-29-12, 04:02 AM
Pre-ordered.

joe_b
04-29-12, 04:39 AM
Wow, Disney is really rolling out their animated catalog titles this year. I just checked my Gold Box and saw pre-order links for Treasure Planet and Home on the Range for July. We've also got The Aristocats and the double packs for Pocahontas and The Rescuers to look forward to. It's hard to keep up. :lol:

Pizza
04-29-12, 08:23 AM
The insert with Lady and the Tramp showed the Pocahontas double pack coming this Summer. I'm not a fan of these DTV sequels and I wish Disney would stop bundling them with the original films on BD.

Disney knows the game and are aware that the demand for their lesser animated films, such as The Fox and the Hound, isn't so large and sticks their DTVs onto them to create the illusion of a premium/bargain package - you're getting two movies in one set - and then tack on a higher price. The bigger animated classics will all probably get released by themselves since they know they'll sell a ton of those.

joe_b
04-29-12, 09:00 PM
^ I figured that was their strategy, but it still sucks. My price point for all these Disney releases is $15, so the raised MSRPs of the 2-film sets makes it harder to acquire them that cheap. Still, I refuse to pay extra for a DTV title I don't want -- even if I could potentially sell the extra disc online.

One the plus side, it will save me money on The Rescuers Down Under. At least that's in the official line and one sequel I would have bought as a standalone release.

Goldberg74
04-29-12, 10:37 PM
Preorder is in. ;)

davidh777
04-30-12, 02:14 AM
Pre-ordered. So I guess with these Diamond Editions the only difference is the Digital Copy, and that's $5 higher? (I didn't get Lady and the Tramp.) At least the coupon takes the price lower than the two-discer.

Superdaddy
04-30-12, 08:17 AM
Pre-ordered. So I guess with these Diamond Editions the only difference is the Digital Copy, and that's $5 higher? (I didn't get Lady and the Tramp.) At least the coupon takes the price lower than the two-discer.

Yup, DC is the only difference. I have the similar version of Lady and the Tramp, and they just toss the DC in there as a third disc.

I pre-ordered this; will see as release approaches if a better deal can be had.

davidh777
04-30-12, 12:28 PM
Yup, DC is the only difference. I have the similar version of Lady and the Tramp, and they just toss the DC in there as a third disc.

I pre-ordered this; will see as release approaches if a better deal can be had.

It's interesting because as many ways the various studios have of releasing combo packs, I don't recall seeing a specific value assigned to the Digital Copy alone before. I like the thought of getting it free with the BD/DVD; I like less the idea of paying $5 for the DC. And yes, I know that just buying a digital version of a movie on itunes or amazon would set me back more than $5, but I don't buy those either. I've only bought one digital movie (Serenity). :)

TheBang
04-30-12, 10:49 PM
When you redeem the Disney Movie Rewards code for a title that includes a Digital Copy, you also get a digital copy of the film "forever" in your cloud library at Disney Movies Online:

http://disneymoviesonline.go.com/home

Also, you can sell Disney Digital Copies for decent prices on eBay. Actual prices I have gotten for Disney Digital Copies:

$4.25
$10.50
$8.50
$7.50
$1.99
$5.50
$6.00

joltman
05-01-12, 08:55 AM
If you enter your code into Disney Movie Rewards for your ponits, can the code be used separately for the digital copy? Or are you essentially redeeming the digital copy when you get your points?

bluetoast
05-01-12, 05:42 PM
The code can be used separately for the digital copy. So you use the same code on iTunes (for example) as you do for the DMR site.

kenbenobi
05-01-12, 06:09 PM
The code can be used separately for the digital copy. So you use the same code on iTunes (for example) as you do for the DMR site.
I never knew that. I have a bunch of digital copies I could be selling then. I always assumed that when you use the code for DMR, the digital copy must be associated to that account...

bluetoast
05-01-12, 11:28 PM
Just be sure to watch out for the expiration dates. Although Disney is usually good about extending their deadlines, so you shouldn't have a problem for the most part.

Laser Movies
05-02-12, 11:05 AM
Price is now $29.99 before the coupon.

nycdude
05-02-12, 11:40 AM
Price is now $29.99 before the coupon.

Bought in at this price. I hope it keeps going down. :D

ProfessorEcho
05-02-12, 06:35 PM
I went for it too and added THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS in order to get it shipped free, but they would not let me get that shipped earlier and still qualify for free shipping. I had to group my items together in one shipment all the way in October. Not sure I have encountered that before, but I don't do a lot of pre-ordering so maybe that's it. ???

Obi-Wan Jabroni
05-02-12, 07:21 PM
I went for it too and added THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS in order to get it shipped free, but they would not let me get that shipped earlier and still qualify for free shipping. I had to group my items together in one shipment all the way in October. Not sure I have encountered that before, but I don't do a lot of pre-ordering so maybe that's it. ???

1. You shouldn't have needed to add anything to get super saver shipping. I thought they usually caluclate SSS against the before coupon price.

2. I have done what you did before, and even though I had to put everything in one shipment, they still shipped me the stuff that was available now early

b2net
05-02-12, 07:43 PM
I actually had items held with my Titanic pre-order... I ordered them with it.. not to get Titanic with free shipping, but to get the other not over $25 together items for free shipping.. well... that was weeks ago.. they seemed to be holding it all until October.. so I canceled the extra items.. and re-ordered them with something else I decided to buy.. in essence getting the Free SSS and not having to wait until October..

TheBang
05-02-12, 08:44 PM
Found it in my Gold Box today, sweet! $20.49, after SSS, coupon, and gold box discount.

I assume the Gold Box discount decreases accordingly (to remain steady at 5%) as the preorder price continues to fall?

tbender
05-02-12, 09:08 PM
Found it in my Gold Box today, sweet! $20.49, after SSS, coupon, and gold box discount.

I assume the Gold Box discount decreases accordingly (to remain steady at 5%) as the preorder price continues to fall?

Yes, it does. It'll be 5% of whatever the price is when it ships.

kenbenobi
05-02-12, 10:30 PM
Sweet, me too! The coupon expires soon, so I'm glad this happened in time...

kenbenobi
05-02-12, 10:33 PM
I actually had items held with my Titanic pre-order... I ordered them with it.. not to get Titanic with free shipping, but to get the other not over $25 together items for free shipping.. well... that was weeks ago.. they seemed to be holding it all until October.. so I canceled the extra items.. and re-ordered them with something else I decided to buy.. in essence getting the Free SSS and not having to wait until October..
They probably would have shipped before October. I had 2 items ordered with a June pre-order. They just shipped out this week, in the same box with another order I had placed. Amazon sometimes is smart and combines orders for the Free Super-Saver Shipping. But they are dumb when it comes to the money they waste with Prime, when they could easily combine some of those orders.

TheBang
05-03-12, 07:55 PM
The coupon expires today, so make sure you get your orders in if you were waiting!

zekeburger1979
05-04-12, 12:33 AM
Todd, thanks for the reminder. I just placed my pre-order with the coupon applied.

Chop2Chip10
05-04-12, 01:41 AM
Saw Disney Movie Club is offering Trilogy Box set of Cinderella on BLU

BSTNFAN
05-04-12, 02:07 PM
Saw Disney Movie Club is offering Trilogy Box set of Cinderella on BLU

Amazon has it as well, but the coupon didn't work with it.

vandeetz
05-09-12, 01:37 PM
Disney knows the game and are aware that the demand for their lesser animated films, such as The Fox and the Hound, isn't so large and sticks their DTVs onto them to create the illusion of a premium/bargain package - you're getting two movies in one set - and then tack on a higher price. The bigger animated classics will all probably get released by themselves since they know they'll sell a ton of those.

I'm not a big fan of these bundles either, but I'm more than willing to spend the money as long as they don't put both films on the same blu Ray. That's exactly what they did with The Fox and the Hound.

I buy Blu for the increased picture/audio quality and they ruin it buy decreasing the space used for the main feature. Are they doing these new ones (Pocahontas and The Rescuers) on a single Blu Ray disc?

It kills me, because I will still buy these, but wish I wasn't forced to buy these single disk 2 movie packs. And please, please, please use 3 disc cases and not 2 disc when shipping 3 disc sets

Lt. Brannigan
05-09-12, 03:22 PM
The combined total running time of both Fox and the Hound movies is 2 1/2 hours... I know I am not very savy on these things. but considering that I have several other movies that run the same length as this double feature, I fail to see the problem.

vandeetz
05-09-12, 03:31 PM
my bad, I had assumed that some of the visual problems associated with this blu ray were due to including both movies on one disc.

that said, it appears Disney just didn't give a crap about this title. The main feature wasn't given anywhere near the same level of restoration other Disney animated features have received... and in the case of Fox and the Hound 2 I doubt it received much if any restoration beyond an HD transfer.

I do wonder why these 2 movies went on 2 dvd's and only one blu still... by your logic, there are plenty of 2.5 hour movies on DVD's and this could/should be a 2 disc set.

just seems odd to me

TheBang
05-09-12, 09:56 PM
Considering that there are no special features, one blu-ray disc for 2.5 hours of feature video is more than enough for good quality. If there are flaws in the presentation, it's due to the transfer and mastering.

Pocahontas and Rescuers will both be 2 movies on one blu-ray disc again. Rescuers combined runtime is 2.6 hours, and Pocahontas is 2.55 hours.

vandeetz
05-09-12, 10:41 PM
well, let's hope Disney gives a proper restoration to these films and the 2 movies to a disc shouldn't be an issue!!

I can understand not spending a lot of time on the sequels to these, but for the original films it would be nice if they did a really good restoration. especially for The Rescuers due to it's age.

TheBang
05-09-12, 11:49 PM
To me it seems like only the Diamond Edition titles are getting the full and careful remastering treatment. All the rest of the films are probably just getting a "good enough" HD transfer.

vandeetz
05-10-12, 11:49 AM
To me it seems like only the Diamond Edition titles are getting the full and careful remastering treatment. All the rest of the films are probably just getting a "good enough" HD transfer.

I can understand they're not going to pull out all the stops for the non-diamond edition titles, but I just felt like the Fox and the Hound was sub-par as far the quality of the restoration goes. I'm not asking for a frame by frame restoration like Snow White, but the fluctuating color and contrast issues could have been resolved without a frame by frame fix. sometimes I wonder if there own quality control people actually watch the final product before putting it to disc.

Laser Movies
09-27-12, 03:09 PM
The price for the 3 disc edition dropped to $27.99 today. Waiting to see if Amazon will adjust the price on my order. Hope it will go down a few more dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036TGSYE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

Matthew Chmiel
09-27-12, 07:28 PM
The price for the 3 disc edition dropped to $27.99 today.
It dropped as Amazon is price matching Best Buy and Target who will be selling the three-disc for the same price.

JoN8282
09-27-12, 11:16 PM
disappointing this didnt get lower.

Decker
09-28-12, 12:19 AM

$19.99 after coupon seems pretty fair, though you don't get the bonuses that Best Buy and Target get

ProfessorEcho
09-28-12, 02:22 AM

Yup. I went ahead and canceled my pre-order. Much as I love the film, I would rather put this money toward a Criterion during the next half off sale. The Disney stuff is classic and great, but given the price I guess I would rather have something more challenging in my collection. I'm also always a bit bothered by the recoloring. My hope is that one day the animated stuff will come out in less elaborate packages at better prices as I don't need the SD nor the digital copy.