Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : When the hell will my temp go down?

Boba Fett
04-26-12, 01:25 AM
From Wed. of last week until Mon. morning I was in bed sick with a fever that ranged from 101-103. Went into the doctor Monday she determined I had an ear infection and gave me the 5-day ZPak and said use Advil to lower the fever.

I'm three days in (2 pills on the first day, 1 on the next four) and although I feel generally great, my fever keeps climbing up in the high 99s to low 100s. I haven't had it it much above 100 since this morning and discontinued the use of Advil, but I'm getting damn frustrated.

Does this stuff just take forever to send me back down to a normal 98.6 temp even though physically I'm nohwere near the mess I was a few days ago (body aches, massive headache, etc); the fever is actually the only indicator I'm not 100% yet.

Am I just being to antsy or is it possible something else is wrong.

SkullOrchard
04-26-12, 01:44 AM
You might have dick cancer.

Technically speaking, dick cancer is cancer of the dick.

Does your dick smell funny?

My uncle died of dick cancer and his dick smelled really funny.

Dick cancer is sometimes referred to as pee pee cancer or wee wee cancer if it occurs during childhood.

The only known treatment is amputation of the afflicted area.

Matthew Chmiel
04-26-12, 02:00 AM
1. A Z-Pak is meant to last ten days, not five. Yes, you take five days of medication, but the treatment lasts up to ten days in your body.

2. You should alternate between Advil and Tylenol to kill your fever.

For very high or stubborn fevers, alternate between Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen every three hours (i.e., give a dose of Acetaminophen then three hours later give Ibuprofen then three hours later Acetaminophen, ect.) These two medications are safe to use together like this.

That's the best advice I can give you. Easiest way to sweat a fever out while you sleep is to alternate between both before bed.

If you don't feel better within 10 days of starting the Z-Pak, see your doctor. Or possibly another doctor.

SkullOrchard
04-26-12, 02:09 AM
1. A Z-Pak is meant to last ten days, not five. Yes, you take five days of medication, but the treatment lasts up to ten days in your body.

That's the best advice I can give you. Easiest way to sweat a fever out while you sleep is to alternate between both before bed.

If you don't feel better within 10 days of starting the Z-Pak, see your doctor. Or possibly another doctor.

And what does any of this have to do with Boba Fett's dick cancer?

Charlie Goose
04-26-12, 02:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your dick. Not just the cancer therein, but generally speaking.

Mole177
04-26-12, 02:45 AM
kinda OT, but what would happen if folks with higher than normal body temperature hop into a cold plunge of water, around 47 degrees up to the neck?

would it make the fever go away?

the purpose of a fever is the body raises the internal temp to radiate whatever bug is in the system correct?

emanon
04-26-12, 06:17 AM
My first misread of the day!:

as
2. You should alternate between Advil and Tylenol to kill your liver.

focker
04-26-12, 06:32 AM
You'll eventually achieve room temperature. You just have to be patient.

Nick Danger
04-26-12, 06:37 AM
Demanding blow jobs from the people sent by the temporary employment agency is sexual harassment.

twikoff
04-26-12, 06:38 AM
screw the zpak.. i always bug the doc to go ahead and give me a shot of penicillin and a shot of steroids while Im at the office...
if they want to give me a zpak too, thats fine..
but the shots typically insure that Im better that day, or at least within 24 hours.

RocShemp
04-26-12, 07:25 AM
Demanding blow jobs from the people sent by the temporary employment agency is sexual harassment.

Well I don't think Boba Fett's actually demanding it if Boba Fett's waiting for him/her/it to go down. Boba Fett's trying to be a gentleman and not busting out his pimp hand just yet.

RunBandoRun
04-26-12, 07:28 AM
kinda OT, but what would happen if folks with higher than normal body temperature hop into a cold plunge of water, around 47 degrees up to the neck?

would it make the fever go away?

It always worked on "Little House on the Prairie" :D

the purpose of a fever is the body raises the internal temp to radiate whatever bug is in the system correct?

Yes. It is the body's way of ridding itself of infection.

To the OP: Sponge yourself with rubbing alcohol, get plenty of fluids and rest, and eat lightly.

The Bus
04-26-12, 08:31 AM
Tub of ice water.

Th0r S1mpson
04-26-12, 09:07 AM
Tub of carbonite.

Boba Fett
04-26-12, 09:11 AM
Thanks to those who gave serious advice, especially about the Zpak actually being like a 10 day med.

It was back up past 102 this morning but two Advil have knocked it down into the 99s quickly. I'll stick with that on a regular basis since it has gotten me to hold at normal temp. I guess my biggest worry was still being contagious but no family around me shows any signs and it's been 8 days since all this began.

Mrs. Danger
04-26-12, 09:21 AM
What's wrong with aspirin for the fever?

Boba Fett
04-26-12, 09:29 AM
I don't have any on hand right now but I'll get some though.

d2cheer
04-26-12, 09:44 AM
My uncle died of dick cancer and his dick smelled really funny.

:eek:

How the hell do you know that?? Wait...maybe I don't want to know. Nah fuck it, I want to know.

SterlingBen
04-26-12, 10:13 AM
Mono

raven56706
04-26-12, 10:15 AM
Bro, there is something going around because I have the exact same problem.unfortunately I also am dizzy and can't walk straight

TGM
04-26-12, 10:18 AM
I will cure you for $2000.

Dr Mabuse
04-26-12, 10:25 AM
It's Lupus!

Solid Snake
04-26-12, 10:39 AM
All I have to say is...not being white...the heat doesn't bother me. Humidity is a bitch though.

Matthew Chmiel
04-26-12, 12:15 PM
Mono
IIRC, Mono doesn't give you a fever (I had it for nearly three weeks).

I'm still serious about alternating between Advil and Tylenol after work and before bed. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen do different things to reduce and ulitmately stop a fever that one doesn't know which one will exactly work. Drink plenty of water and switch between them every three hours. When you go to sleep, you'll wake up and drenched in sweat as the addition of acetaminophen will have caused your body to work overtime to reduce the fever. Which is what you want, the fever to go away.

... and waking up after sweating out a fever is a great feeling as you don't feel like shit anymore.

Boba Fett
04-26-12, 02:29 PM
IIRC, Mono doesn't give you a fever (I had it for nearly three weeks).

I'm still serious about alternating between Advil and Tylenol after work and before bed. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen do different things to reduce and ulitmately stop a fever that one doesn't know which one will exactly work. Drink plenty of water and switch between them every three hours. When you go to sleep, you'll wake up and drenched in sweat as the addition of acetaminophen will have caused your body to work overtime to reduce the fever. Which is what you want, the fever to go away.

... and waking up after sweating out a fever is a great feeling as you don't feel like shit anymore.

I finally got some Tylenol and started alternating them, also the doctor is swapping my antibiotic to something stronger.

My temp after my last dose of Advil is now around 97.5, so hopefully this new antibiotic will kill the infection and in the process the fever.

SkullOrchard
04-26-12, 04:23 PM
I consulted with a doctor friend of mine, informed him of your symptoms and told him about my diagnosis of your situation, and he told me in no uncertain terms that I'm a fucking idiot who doesn't know a goddamn thing about the medical profession and that you more than likely don't have dick cancer.

Sorry if I put you through any unneeded stress or worry due to my misdiagnosis.

Matthew Chmiel
04-26-12, 04:38 PM
My temp after my last dose of Advil is now around 97.5, so hopefully this new antibiotic will kill the infection and in the process the fever.
The problem with some infections is that antibiotics don't help. I usually get two or three sinus infections a year due to my allergies and as much as I would like it to help, getting a Z-Pak or amoxicillin does nothing in the long run. I end up paying a copay plus prescription for a glorified placebo.

In a first that I've ever seen, Twikoff hit the head on the nail. Ask your doctor when you're feeling ill to get a shot of penicillin and/or steroids. Based on my experiences, some doctors will do this and others won't. Find the doctors who do and keep on giving them your business because sometimes that's all you need to get better.

Shazam
04-26-12, 05:11 PM
Almost all sinus infections are viral, that's why.

TGM
04-26-12, 05:35 PM
no medical provider worth their salt would treat a patient with a shot of PCN and a round of steroids with vague symptoms or fever, or for a sinus infection. talk about fucking overkill.

SkullOrchard
04-26-12, 05:49 PM
I still think it's probably dick cancer.

Shazam
04-26-12, 05:56 PM
I still think it's probably dick cancer.
You think everything's dick cancer.

"What are those black bars when I watch a movie?"

DICK CANCER!

"Who's grundle?"

DICK CANCER!

"Boron cowpunch?"

DICK CANCER!

"Favourite pizza?"

DICK CANCER!

"Favourite frozen pizza?"

FROZEN DICK CANCER!

SkullOrchard
04-26-12, 07:20 PM
:eek:

How the hell do you know that?? Wait...maybe I don't want to know. Nah fuck it, I want to know.

I guess I was 7 or 8 at the time. I noticed the weird smell while Uncle and I were playing the worm tunnel game. You've probably never heard of this game because my uncle said it was our little secret and that I shouldn't tell anyone about it or bad things would happen.

I didn't tell, but bad things happened anyway because he died of dick cancer.

Rob V
04-26-12, 07:24 PM
I guess I was 7 or 8 at the time. I noticed the weird smell while Uncle and I were playing the worm tunnel game. You've probably never heard of this game because my uncle said it was our little secret and that I shouldn't tell anyone about it or bad things would happen.

I didn't tell, but bad things happened anyway because he died of dick cancer.

I'm not a doctor and stuff but it's probably not dick cancer... So sleep easier knowing that. It's probably ass cancer tho.

SkullOrchard
04-26-12, 07:34 PM
I'm not a doctor and stuff but it's probably not dick cancer... So sleep easier knowing that. It's probably ass cancer tho.
My uncle's ass smelled funny too. Maybe his dick cancer metastasized and spread to his ass.

I really miss him. I keep his memory alive by playing the worm tunnel game with my own kids now. Hopefully, they'll play it with their kids one day, and their kids will play it with their kids and so on and so forth.

mndtrp
04-26-12, 07:45 PM
To the OP: Sponge yourself with rubbing alcohol

Why?
Where?

SkullOrchard
04-26-12, 07:52 PM
Why?
Where?
On his cancerous dick. Jeez dude, try to keep up.

Kittydreamer
04-26-12, 08:12 PM
Fevers are the body's way of killing off bad shit. If it's bothering you, drink some cool mint tea and take a cool bath. If the infection won't go away, try some collated silver and elderberry to build up your immune system. Also, you could try a tonsil massage to encourage drainage in your head. Drink lots of water and get extra sleep. Feel better soon :)

TomOpus
04-26-12, 08:23 PM
Also, you could try a tonsil massage to encourage drainage in your head. That line never worked for me :sad:

Charlie Goose
04-27-12, 06:02 AM
It's Lupus!

It's Ogilvie!

Matthew Chmiel
04-27-12, 11:44 AM
no medical provider worth their salt would treat a patient with a shot of PCN and a round of steroids with vague symptoms or fever, or for a sinus infection. talk about fucking overkill.
Depends on the doctor.

I've had it done at my family doctor, but also Quick Cares as well.

:shrug:

... but then again, I have some amazing insurance.

RocShemp
04-27-12, 11:48 AM
You think everything's dick cancer.

"What are those black bars when I watch a movie?"

DICK CANCER!

"Who's grundle?"

DICK CANCER!

"Boron cowpunch?"

DICK CANCER!

"Favourite pizza?"

DICK CANCER!

"Favourite frozen pizza?"

FROZEN DICK CANCER!

Well, in his defense, sometimes it is dick cancer. Or lupus...