Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Cage The Elephant Discussion

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-23-12, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts

I searched and saw no threads, so...Anyone like Cage The Elephant?

Two Albums
Cage the Elephant - 2008
Thank You, Happy Birthday -2011

I saw them a couple of times as an opener (Dec 2009 Holiday Havoc Show in Vegas with Muse, and with Foo Fighters last year) and just saw them do a show at the HOB in New Orleans and I dig em. Anyone else?

My Videos (as usual)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cNWKneLIr_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AWdIHW4jZ3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-24-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Cage The Elephant Discussion

Saw them at Edgefest this past Sunday in Frisco (Dallas TX). I thought they put on a damn good show. I think I may have briefly heard them before, but I really liked what I saw (and heard!) at the concert. Definitely going to pick up their 2 albums.

Luckily, a long time ago, iTunes had "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" as a free download, so I've been wearing that song out the past two days.
Old 04-24-12, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,030 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Any avid videogamer will tell you "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" is the theme song to the game Borderlands. It was catchy enough to get me to buy their first album, which I really liked.
Old 04-24-12, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I really liked the first album. I saw them at Outsidelands a few years ago and they put on a great live show. Ill have to give the new album a shot.
Old 04-24-12, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Any avid videogamer will tell you "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" is the theme song to the game Borderlands. It was catchy enough to get me to buy their first album, which I really liked.
That's it. I must of caught it on a commercial or something. I missed out on Borderlands when it just came out. (oddly enough, I just got my cheap copy in the mail yesterday!)
Old 04-24-12, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen them live a couple of times in the last 2 years and really love their energy of their live shows... definitely would love to see them again.