Old 04-22-12, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Breakout Kings -- "SEALd Fate" -- 4/22/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-03-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
An ex-Navy SEAL flees prison in order to exact revenge on his former government-contractor employer, setting off conspiracy theories about his motives.

Episode 8 of 10

FYI, next week is the season finale. 2 hours (2 episodes back to back)
Old 04-23-12, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breakout Kings -- "SEALd Fate" -- 4/22/12

Originally Posted by DJariya
FYI, next week is the season finale. 2 hours (2 episodes back to back)
Son of a.... Why make Sunday even more crowded?
Old 04-23-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe it's over already. I mean, I'm glad next season is 2 eps, but seriously, 10 freaking episodes?

This show had better come back for season 3 and be back to 13 episodes. (Or someone from a major network should pick it up. I don't see how more people aren't loving this show.)
Old 04-23-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
I can't believe it's over already. I mean, I'm glad next season is 2 eps, but seriously, 10 freaking episodes?

This show had better come back for season 3 and be back to 13 episodes. (Or someone from a major network should pick it up. I don't see how more people aren't loving this show.)
Yeah the 10 episode season went by way too fast. It's been on barely over 2 months and now the season is almost over.

Actually I'm glad it moved to cable after FOX passed on it. I think it would have been such a drastically different show and more procedural as opposed to character-driven here.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-23-12 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-23-12, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yeah the 10 episode season went by way too fast. It's been on barely over 2 months and now the season is almost over.

Actually I'm glad it moved to cable after FOX passed on it. I think it would have been such a drastically different show and more procedural as opposed to character-driven here.
Plus they would have added a new, super rich, female boss and shoehorn her in as a love interest for whichever lead she has the least chemistry.
Old 04-23-12, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Plus they would have added a new, super rich, female boss and shoehorn her in as a love interest for whichever lead she has the least chemistry.
Seriously! They ruined that show; guess if A&E bungles this one, maybe a jump to AMC or FX.
Old 04-24-12, 09:20 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm amazed A&E does not re-air this show throughout the week (though I realize it's available on their website).
Old 04-24-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Ten episodes is too short, but I will say that all the episode have been uniformly excellent this season. I wonder if the show will be back. I don't see a lot of promotion for it and A&E seems disappointed it's not a buzzworthy show like Mad Men on AMC.
Old 04-27-12, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a lot of optimism that this show will be back. I almost wonder if A&E found themselves caught in some type of contractual scenario that required they produce and air these episodes or pay a penalty of some sort. There seems to be just zero enthusiasm about the show from them.
Old 04-27-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I don't have a lot of optimism that this show will be back. I almost wonder if A&E found themselves caught in some type of contractual scenario that required they produce and air these episodes or pay a penalty of some sort. There seems to be just zero enthusiasm about the show from them.
I love this show and I think season 2 has been excellent, but I tend to agree with you. A&E doesn't seem to show alot of enthusiasm for the scripted shows they produce. They have this, The Glades and a new western drama called Longmire coming this summer. Purely speculation on my part, but I'm guessing when A&E picked this up from FOX, they were required to pick up a 2nd season if it reached a certain ratings expectation. Not sure what the status is for a 3rd season, but cutting the episode order to 10 and then burning off 2 episodes for the finale doesn't give me alot of confidance that A&E loves this show. Even the showrunner Nick Santora spends more time on his Twitter page plugging his new novel than talking about the show lately. He's not sure if it will come back.

I was glad that they moved production from Toronto to New Orleans this season. I was tired of seeing the cold Toronto winters from last season.
Old 04-28-12, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Finally got to this tonight.

Entertaining episode, but not as good as previous weeks. Alot of awkward moments.

Jules and Lloyd's scenes were very awkward. I felt bad for the guy that Jules shut him down.

Personally for me, I didn't care for the Con of the week or his backstory. Kelly Hu was nice and I enjoyed seeing her kick some ass.

It was good to see Damien again and I'm guessing he made Lloyd witness him murdering that young girl.

I hope this gets a 3rd season, but if it doesn't, I hope they will resolve this Damien arc by hour 2 Sunday night. I'll at least be satisfied with closure on that storyline.

and of course Erica got screwed by that dude she was banging.