DVD Talk
Why do pick-up truck drivers insist on backing into every parking space? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Why do pick-up truck drivers insist on backing into every parking space?

GoldenJCJ
04-21-12, 05:33 PM
Has anyone ever noticed this?

It seems like every time someone parks a pick-up truck they have to back it into the spot. Is there some kind of practical reason for this? It can't be because it makes it easier to drive forward out (which I will concede, it does) but it takes a whole lot more effort to back it into the spot in the first place than it ever would to back it out.

Is it some ego thing? They're a big tough man who drives a big tough truck and they must show they can back into any spot?

I'm starting to notice this practice everywhere I go and its sort of become a pet peeve of mine.

If you haven't noticed this, go to your local mall or shopping center, observe the parking lot, and tell me I'm wrong.

The Cow
04-21-12, 05:39 PM
It's easier to back into an empty space than back out into traffic? :shrug:

I haven't really noticed it, though.

My Other Self
04-21-12, 05:41 PM
I've noticed it but didn't think much of it. There are quite a few pickups where I live and most of them are backed-in.

Bronkster
04-21-12, 05:42 PM
Haven't noticed it. I drive a pick-up and don't do it.

tommyp007
04-21-12, 05:46 PM

I drive a pickup truck, and that's why I do it.

Me007gold
04-21-12, 05:47 PM
Yep, its much easier to back in to a space then out of it.

DeputyDave
04-21-12, 05:49 PM

I haven't really noticed it, though.

My gf drives a truck and she always backs in. She says it's because of this but I suspect there is also a bit of a pride thing going on.

I drive a car but when I go to work in the morning I back into a spot. I forget where I heard it (I think it was a movie) but I remember hearing one time that after a hard, shity day at work just the fact you don't have to back out of a spot can perk you up.

GMan2819
04-21-12, 05:50 PM
I thought I was the only weirdo with this pet peeve. :lol:

Personally, I don't get it either, and it's not only pickups but SUVs and mini-vans, especially in the parking lots of the wholesale clubs. If they're buying small quantities of items, yeah ok, not an issue. But when they're buying shopping carts full of stuff, it requires more effort to load stuff into your vehicle. And sometimes you get people who try to squeeze the cart in between the cars and bang up the adjacent car in the process. That's what ticks me off. :hairpull:

starman9000
04-21-12, 06:05 PM
Backing in is fine, the j-holes that pull through to an open spot and have no idea how big their vehicle is bug me much more.

GoldenJCJ
04-21-12, 06:06 PM
Yep, its much easier to back in to a space then out of it.
How is it easier to back in between two parked cars than it is to back out between nothing?

I drive a car but when I go to work in the morning I back into a spot. I forget where I heard it (I think it was a movie) but I remember hearing one time that after a hard, shity day at work just the fact you don't have to back out of a spot can perk you up.
That's logical. However it still doesn't make sense why people do it at places like the store or the movie theater.

I thought I was the only weirdo with this pet peeve. :lol:

Personally, I don't get it either, and it's not only pickups but SUVs and mini-vans, especially in the parking lots of the wholesale clubs. If they're buying small quantities of items, yeah ok, not an issue. But when they're buying shopping carts full of stuff, it requires more effort to load stuff into your vehicle. And sometimes you get people who try to squeeze the cart in between the cars and bang up the adjacent car in the process. That's what ticks me off. :hairpull:
Finally, someone else who feels my pain.

I mentioned this to my girlfriend last night while we were out and all I got was a giggle and a little shrug! She didn't care.

Vipper II
04-21-12, 06:11 PM
My neighbor does it and sucks at it. I'm supposed to have two parking spaces in front of my house, but because he can't park in between the lines I end up with 1.5 spaces instead. Granted, I only need the one, but I'm one of those people who get hung up on principles.

islandclaws
04-21-12, 06:11 PM
I always back in when I can. It's easier than pulling in when you drive a big truck.

JumpCutz
04-21-12, 06:14 PM
What about douchebags that take up two parking spots. :mad2:

http://wesleybauman.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/asshole-parking_thumb.jpg

ResIpsa
04-21-12, 06:16 PM
How is it easier to back in between two parked cars than it is to back out between nothing?

It can be hard to see people, shopping carts and other vehicles when you are backing out.

Me007gold
04-21-12, 06:21 PM

Its easier to back between two stationary objects, then to back in to a place where there are (possibly)moving objects. The legnth of the truck makes it harder to back out of a space

GMan2819
04-21-12, 06:26 PM
I've got another pet peeve that probably doesn't bother anyone else but me. In double row parking spaces where most of the spaces are filled, if the column on both rows are empty, it annoys me when a car enters the space from the top and parks his car at the bottom of the row just when I'm trying to pull into the space at the bottom. :hairpull:

Top-v
| X | | X |
| X | | X |

movie diva
04-21-12, 06:39 PM
I don't drive a truck, but I always back in, easy to pull out and leave at the end of the day, and if you need a tow truck they wont damage the front end of a car if you need a tow. My sweetie drives a truck and does the same.

Autotelik
04-21-12, 06:41 PM
I don't understand the physics behind it, but I've been told that it ACTUALLY is easier to back a vehicle into a parking space- you're supposed to be able to get a better angle backing in and you need less space around you to do it. For example, if you're in a tight row of parking spots, you would be able to back into a spot more easily than going front in, and also easier to pull out driving forward than to back out of the spot. I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but go visit other countries where EVERYONE backs into a spot (Asia, some European countries) and ask people why, and they will say that is the only logical way to do it. Provided of course you're good at it.... and I've seen some really skillful people back into a tight spot like it was nothing.

RagingBull80
04-21-12, 07:04 PM

Don't worry, that guy's car is definitely getting keyed soon.

mike45
04-21-12, 07:18 PM
Don't worry, that guy's car is definitely getting keyed soon.

I didn't key it. I was no where near that car.

postermen
04-21-12, 07:25 PM
I always refer to this as douchebagging it in. Once, my wife and I watched someone take 2 minutes to park like that.

Adam Tyner
04-21-12, 07:32 PM
I always refer to this as douchebagging it in. Once, my wife and I watched someone take 2 minutes to park like that.Ha.

I mean, obviously I don't notice the trucks who back in swiftly and efficiently because...well, people doing things competently doesn't really stand out in my mind.

I do think it's kind of hysterical when a truck backs in to save time/because it's easier/whatever, but they pull in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out, spending what seems like two or three minutes to squeeze themselves in there. What they gain from doing that (well, experience, I guess?), I have no idea.

mhiser
04-21-12, 07:37 PM
Safety practices say back in because you can see what is there when you get there. The situation changes as you leave and you can't control that. Why you are noticing this with trucks, I don't know. Safer to back in and pull out.

Solid Snake
04-21-12, 07:40 PM

White people...-ohbfrank-

Rockmjd23
04-21-12, 07:40 PM
People that drive pickups when they don't need one for any reason are douchebags.

The Bus
04-21-12, 07:50 PM
Who peed in y'allses Cheerios?

DeputyDave
04-21-12, 07:54 PM
I seriously can't understand why this would bother anyone. What a petty and unimportant thing to get upset about. It has absolutely nothing to do with you.

sracer
04-21-12, 07:56 PM
It can be hard to see people, shopping carts and other vehicles when you are backing out.
Including the vehicles on either side of the spot you are trying to back into.

The one legitimate reason I can see for backing a pickup into a spot has to do with the length of the spot and the overhang of the truck body over the rear wheels. More of the vehicle overhangs on the rear than the front, so backing into a spot allows the truck to back in further to the wheel stops than if the driver had pulled in. Not a problem for small trucks, but the difference is pretty noticeable with a truck that has a full 8' bed.

glassdragon
04-21-12, 07:58 PM

It would be hilarious if you had a bunch of people with you... like 10 or more maybe more if you just picked the car up and moved it to a single spot, then parked right next to it. The look on the guys face would be priceless.

rw2516
04-21-12, 07:58 PM
I find it quite easier to toss my unwanted trash into the bed of someone's pickup if the bed is facing out.

DVD Polizei
04-21-12, 08:12 PM
I seriously can't understand why this would bother anyone. What a petty and unimportant thing to get upset about. It has absolutely nothing to do with you.

I agree, and I park face-out in a parking space if I can (as I just pull up to it) because people race through the parking lot to get to the nearest handicapped space. I need some sort of head start in watching fucktards park around me. And I don't even own a longbed truck. If I did, I'd park the sucker two blocks down in a residential because people purposely try to scratch your nice things if they themselves drive around a broken piece of shit.

In any case, back to petty things, reminds me of this woman who walked into the grocery store just as me and my GF (at the time) walked out, and said something smart to me for opting for plastic bags for my groceries.

Told her if she would wear my plastic bag over her head for 5 minutes, sealed, I'd think about using paper.

My GF at the time punched me in the arm, and it hurt like a fucker for a few days.

Troy Stiffler
04-21-12, 08:24 PM
I live in the newer burbs and most parking lots are the one-way angled-spaces type. What I don't get is people who don't understand the concept, and pull straight through, just to have to drive the wrong way to get out of the isle.

I drive an F250 sometimes and that thing is a pain to swing into a packing space almost anytime. I can't imagine having to back it in while trying to park.

Also, don't forget that with straight parking spaces, people don't really need to back into place. They can just pull straight forward if nobody is there.

Troy Stiffler
04-21-12, 08:26 PM

Bentley, maybe. But a BMW? Haha.

cungar
04-21-12, 08:29 PM
Pick up drivers are without a doubt the most arrogant. selfish drivers on the road. Worse than Semis, SUVs, Gasoline trucks... any vehicle. They drive faster, cut off more people and ignore laws more than any vehicle. Peel away a pickup truck and most likely you'll find some AHOLE with a small dick inside.

DVD Polizei
04-21-12, 08:35 PM
^^^In Portland, OR this would be correct. And it wouldn't be a guy behind the wheel so your "small dick inside" is rather appropriate.

RunBandoRun
04-21-12, 08:44 PM
Sgt Honeylamb drives a Dodge Ram and I can assure you that her dick is bigger and harder than any man's. Also, it never goes limp and it's dishwasher safe. Match that, breeders. :D

GoldenJCJ
04-21-12, 08:45 PM
I'm outraged I tell ya! If people do things differently than me then they're wrong!

Sdallnct
04-21-12, 08:48 PM
People that drive pickups when they don't need one for any reason are douchebags.

This is silly, and I disagree. Tho regardless you must think a lot of people are douches since a truck has been the best selling vehicle for many years. Even last year as gas went up the 2 best selling vehicles were trucks.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/top-10/top-10-best-selling-vehicles-for-2011.html

The Bus
04-21-12, 08:49 PM
This is silly, and I disagree. Tho regardless you must think a lot of people are douches since a truck has been the best selling vehicle for many years. Even last year as gas went up the 2 best selling vehicles were trucks.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/top-10/top-10-best-selling-vehicles-for-2011.html

This is a terrible way to bolster your argument.

GoldenJCJ
04-21-12, 08:53 PM
For full disclosure I must admit that my last vehicle was a Nissan Frontier. I absolutely loved it and hated getting rid of it but I just couldn't afford the gas. I ended up getting a nice Honda Accord but I still miss my truck on snowy days. :(

Bluelitespecial
04-21-12, 09:00 PM
My dad does that with his pickup truck, but since their driveway is right next to the street and sidewalk he doesn't want people throwing trash such as empty bottles or cans in the bed of his truck.

Lethal Nemesis
04-21-12, 09:04 PM
you get more maneuverability when you back in, kinda like how you have more range when you parallel park by backing into it rather than pulling forward into it.

Dan
04-21-12, 09:32 PM

Agreed.

My company mandates that everyone back into their stalls at any company-owned office. Like others have said, it's infinitely easier to manoeuvre the vehicle when backing in, and leaving forward is safer because you have a much wider view. We also get to go through drivers' training where we get to back out of a maze without hitting the orange pylons, simulate icy roads, and practice driving into a ditch to avoid a collision. :up: Everyone should have to do this stuff. :D

That said, when I go out to the mall or whatever, I don't always back in. Actually, I find I back in far more often in the winter, when idiot drivers are more abundant.

What's funny is, my city started charging people to park at the parking lots near train stations a couple years back. It was a miserable failure, and they took away the fee pretty quickly, but in those lots, they had signs indicating that they specifically PROHIBITED backing in to a parking spot. Why, you ask?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2737140570_1169c951de.jpg
So THESE assholes didn't have to get out of their car to check your license plate. We don't have front-end license plates here, so if you're backed in, the driver of this parking-enforcement-mobile would have to, *gasp*, step out of their car and walk to the front of your car to see the license plate. And if they had to go through this horrible inconvenience, you'd get a ticket for $50, whether you actually paid to park there or not.

RunBandoRun
04-21-12, 09:48 PM
I have been hit twice in parking lots by people who were going too fast through the lot when I was backing out of a space. One of them probably had no insurance, since he took off before I could exchange info with him. Therefore, I always back in rather than parking head in.

The only place I know of that specifically forbids backing into parking spaces is the RLDS (Community of Christ) Auditorium in Independence, Missouri where I rehearse Messiah Choir every fall. They don't want people backing in because the exhaust kills the plants they have growing in the parking lot medians. Plus, Joseph Smith probably condemned backing into parking spaces because he didn't know how to back up a horse and buggy. :D

mickey65
04-21-12, 10:53 PM
Or the douches in the trucks & SUVs who park in the spots marked for "small car only".

Tracer Bullet
04-21-12, 11:00 PM
This isn't relevant to the thread at all but I'd like to take this opportunity to say that even though I don't own a vehicle and hardly drive, I am awesome at parallel parking. I rented a Uhaul pickup to move a desk and parked it in like 10 seconds.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
04-21-12, 11:57 PM
Agreed.

My company mandates that everyone back into their stalls at any company-owned office. Like others have said, it's infinitely easier to manoeuvre the vehicle when backing in, and leaving forward is safer because you have a much wider view. We also get to go through drivers' training where we get to back out of a maze without hitting the orange pylons, simulate icy roads, and practice driving into a ditch to avoid a collision. :up: Everyone should have to do this stuff. :D

That said, when I go out to the mall or whatever, I don't always back in. Actually, I find I back in far more often in the winter, when idiot drivers are more abundant.

What's funny is, my city started charging people to park at the parking lots near train stations a couple years back. It was a miserable failure, and they took away the fee pretty quickly, but in those lots, they had signs indicating that they specifically PROHIBITED backing in to a parking spot. Why, you ask?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2737140570_1169c951de.jpg
So THESE assholes didn't have to get out of their car to check your license plate. We don't have front-end license plates here, so if you're backed in, the driver of this parking-enforcement-mobile would have to, *gasp*, step out of their car and walk to the front of your car to see the license plate. And if they had to go through this horrible inconvenience, you'd get a ticket for $50, whether you actually paid to park there or not.

I have been to some of the transit parking lots where they have signs that say head in parking only. And my state requires a front plate.

dhmac
04-22-12, 12:02 AM
Bentley, maybe. But a BMW? Haha.
When someone intentionally double-parks like this, it's almost always a Bimmer.

spankasmurf
04-22-12, 12:04 AM
Think about the position of the front axle to the front bumper and the position of the rear axle to the rear bumper. Then think about the center of rotation as you turn the wheel when you park. You have more maneuverability on the front end which is out in the road as you back in. If you went in front first, the more maneuverable part of the truck would be between cars where you have less room. At least, that's what I found when driving my truck. Not doing it to be an ass or to showoff, it's just easier.

Sdallnct
04-22-12, 01:42 AM
This is a terrible way to bolster your argument.

Silly statements usually result in silly arguments.

My Other Self
04-22-12, 02:42 AM
I have been to some of the transit parking lots where they have signs that say head in parking only. And my state requires a front plate.I've lived in 2 other states. One was rear only the other required both. I also never saw people drive around with no plates whatsoever.

Since I've moved out here, it seems like every other car on the road either has the dealer plates (those plastic things with the dealership name on them), no plates at all, just the rear, or expired tags. Is this stuff really enforced? Maybe it's different in So Cal but up here I am I've never seen anyone really bat an eye at it.

Blade
04-22-12, 06:11 AM

I see this a lot as I go to Costco for work at least once a week. It always bugged me a bit and I finally realized why.

It's not so much that you're going to a place like Costco and backing in makes no sense (and I mean this for all vehicles, not just trucks), since it makes it harder to load your car up when you're done shopping.

It's that if I have to wait for a car, I prefer to be waiting for them to vacate a parking space, rather than waiting for them to fill one up.

I wasn't, however, aware that there was that much of a difference backing into a stall with a truck, though given how crowded and busy Costco's parking lot usually is, I still have trouble seeing this as being that big a deal.

Living Dead
04-22-12, 06:12 AM

A great deal of satisfaction can be gained from keying the cars of idiots who do this. Especially since parking is so scarce in L.A.

OldDude
04-22-12, 08:11 AM
I live in the newer burbs and most parking lots are the one-way angled-spaces type. What I don't get is people who don't understand the concept, and pull straight through, just to have to drive the wrong way to get out of the isle.

I drive an F250 sometimes and that thing is a pain to swing into a packing space almost anytime. I can't imagine having to back it in while trying to park.

Also, don't forget that with straight parking spaces, people don't really need to back into place. They can just pull straight forward if nobody is there.

The serious answer is your front wheels do the steering and you are SLIGHTLY more manueverable with them in the aisle as long as possible rather than trapped in the narrow space. This advantage is offset by the fact that many people can't back for shit. If you can back accurately, it helps a little on a large vehicle that won't have a lot of spare room when in the space.

Jules Winfield
04-22-12, 08:56 AM
I've noticed this a lot also. I also kind of figured it was just some truck driver thing that the rest of society wasn't privy to. It never really bothers me unless they are backing up into my car because I don't like it when someone hits my car.

TomOpus
04-22-12, 10:40 AM
As long as you can accurately back-up into a space and take up ONLY one space, I'm fine.

dtcarson
04-22-12, 11:10 AM
I don't drive a pickup, but I try to back in (or pull through so I'm facing forward) whenever I can. Habit I learned when I interned with the police department in college, and reinforced by my company safety department.
It's easier, safer, and faster to get out, and I'd normally rather leave quickly than arrive quickly.

I'll see your Bimmer and raise you this jackhole. (Sorry if I've posted it before, this just boggles my mind.)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/dtcarson/photo-52.jpg

superdeluxe
04-22-12, 11:22 AM
Or the douches in the trucks & SUVs who park in the spots marked for "small car only".

Or senior parking

DVD Polizei
04-22-12, 11:28 AM
I don't drive a pickup, but I try to back in (or pull through so I'm facing forward) whenever I can. Habit I learned when I interned with the police department in college, and reinforced by my company safety department.
It's easier, safer, and faster to get out, and I'd normally rather leave quickly than arrive quickly.

I was going to mention some of what you said. If I have to drive to a public event that I know is going to be bat-crazy getting out of the parking lot--like a movie theater or a popular event that has limited parking--I park a little further away and back into a spot. Then, when the event is over, I'm outta there. It amazes me how many people just blindly back-out and expect others to see them.

Osiris3657
04-22-12, 12:19 PM
Pick up drivers are without a doubt the most arrogant. selfish drivers on the road. Worse than Semis, SUVs, Gasoline trucks... any vehicle. They drive faster, cut off more people and ignore laws more than any vehicle. Peel away a pickup truck and most likely you'll find some AHOLE with a small dick inside.

This, so this.

Cardiff Giant11
04-22-12, 01:06 PM

I'll see your Bimmer and raise you this jackhole. (Sorry if I've posted it before, this just boggles my mind.)

ha that's insane and even worse than the BMW considering it's a $25,000 Acura TSX. I usually just park far away (legally and in one spot) if I'm worried about someone door dinging my car or a shopping cart hitting it.

Jack Straw
04-22-12, 01:25 PM
People that drive pickups when they don't need one for any reason are douchebags. Thank you.

Maxflier
04-22-12, 01:28 PM

Where is this? I ask because I am curious about the context of the photo because if it is a place of work like mine, I have parked stupid like that out of convenience without thinking twice about it after hours (like it appears to be in your pic) if I am just running in to do something real quick because:
a) no handicapped person has ever parked in the 3 designated handicapped spots in front of my office area in the entire time I have been working here.
We only have 1 handicapped employee and he works in a totally different area.
b) there isn't going to be more than 3 or 4 cars in the entire facilities parking lot after hours anyway, so it makes no difference whatsoever how you park.

Trevor
04-23-12, 09:35 AM
It is always better to back into the parking spot versus backing into traffic.

This is so basic and logical that I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't back into their spots (or pull through a double spot which accomplishes the same thing).

It's much safer. I work in an emergency room and we get lots of parking lot accidents, almost always involving a person backing out of a spot. We get kids run over in parking lots and driveways more often than you'd think.

VinVega
04-23-12, 10:04 AM
I don't care if people back into a space. It seems unnecessary because you could get hit pulling out front first or back first. Both scenarios are subject to the honey badgers tearing ass through a parking spot with parked cars all around them. That's the real douchery here. I see this all the time in FL. People actually speed up as you're pulling out instead of stopping to let you out. :grumble:

ben12
04-23-12, 11:21 AM
My whole family including me were killed by someone trying to back into a spot. Safer? Bullshit!

cpgator
04-23-12, 12:39 PM
Where is this? I ask because I am curious about the context of the photo because if it is a place of work like mine, I have parked stupid like that out of convenience without thinking twice about it after hours (like it appears to be in your pic) if I am just running in to do something real quick because:
a) no handicapped person has ever parked in the 3 designated handicapped spots in front of my office area in the entire time I have been working here.
We only have 1 handicapped employee and he works in a totally different area.
b) there isn't going to be more than 3 or 4 cars in the entire facilities parking lot after hours anyway, so it makes no difference whatsoever how you park.

Looks like someone picking up their kid at school after normal hours. Like after practice. Empty parking lot, and they are just waiting for their kid to come out.

Timber
04-23-12, 01:04 PM
It is always better to back into the parking spot versus backing into traffic.

I love watching someone wait for a spot and then proceed to "try" and back into the spot and in the mean time I've parked further away and am in walking past them still trying to park.

I guess I've just never understood the need to park close or I've never had the patience to circle around and find a spot. I'll take the first spot I see, pull in or through andbe done with it. Such a time waster IMO.

Nifty03
04-23-12, 01:23 PM
I love watching someone wait for a spot and then proceed to "try" and back into the spot and in the mean time I've parked further away and am in walking past them still trying to park.

I guess I've just never understood the need to park close or I've never had the patience to circle around and find a spot. I'll take the first spot I see, pull in or through andbe done with it. Such a time waster IMO.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Minor Threat
04-23-12, 02:06 PM

The ticket possibilities there are almost mind-boggling, I'd love to know what kind of ticket combinations an officer could rack up on the fuck-stick that parks like that if the police were called and alerted. What a self-absorbed fucking loser.....

DirkUSA
04-23-12, 02:20 PM
I love people who pull thru to the next spot so they can drive out forward in a parking lot that has one way traffic with angled parking spots. They either have to go the wrong direction when they want to leave or they have a hard time getting out of their spot the right direction especially if the lot is crowded.

Meglos
04-23-12, 02:28 PM
Who peed in y'allses Cheerios?

Truckers did!

CRM114
04-23-12, 02:29 PM
It peeves me when any vehicle backs into a parking spot and makes me wait. What is the point? Don't give me the nonsense that "it's hard to back out."

CRM114
04-23-12, 02:33 PM

:up: :lol:

GoldenJCJ
04-23-12, 07:36 PM
It peeves me when any vehicle backs into a parking spot and makes me wait. What is the point? Don't give me the nonsense that "it's hard to back out."
That's kind of my take on it. These people are just inconsiderate. They'd rather inconvenience me (who's waiting behind them) while they try, and try, to back into a spot rather than inconvenience themselves on the way out because they have to wait for passing traffic before they can back out.

And I know it's mind boggling but I've backed out of thousands of parking spaces in my life and I have yet to hit any passers by. :shrug:

Shazam
04-23-12, 07:57 PM
And I know it's mind boggling but I've backed out of thousands of parking spaces in my life and I have yet to hit any passers by. :shrug:

You just haven't noticed.

GoldenJCJ
04-23-12, 08:08 PM
^ Hey, I'm already paying attention to texting my friends and eating. I can't multitask everything! At some point I might get distracted.

Me007gold
04-23-12, 08:08 PM

Thats strange, I am stuck under your car as I post this

PopcornTreeCt
04-23-12, 08:26 PM
Happy to see all the pick-up truck hate. I commented on this subject during a drunken internet escapade and got chewed out for it.

wishbone
04-23-12, 08:44 PM
Happy to see all the pick-up truck hate. I commented on this subject during a drunken internet escapade and got chewed out for it.Trucks. They're like vehicles for stupid people. Go to the DMV, fail your driver's test, get to drive a truck.

No offense to anyone here that drives trucks. But I really hope you don't.Gee, I wonder why? :lol:

mndtrp
04-25-12, 12:12 AM
I typically back into parking space in any vehicle I drive. The exceptions would be angled parking, if I'm loading something into the bed or trunk, or if I can pull through to the space in front. I like being able to see everything easily when I pull out of a spot.

AGuyNamedMike
04-25-12, 12:43 AM
:lol: at all the truck hate. I drive a truck (I need it. I use the bed to haul all the Massholes, hipster cyclists, and rice-buggy drivers I run over to the dump). I used to drive a tiny little Saturn. They're just vehicles, people.

Back OT. Yeah, head-out parking peeves me too. I see all types of vehicles do it, though, not just trucks.