7. Seven Cities Of Gold
8. The Wreckers
9. Headlong Flight
10. BU2B2
11. Wish Them Well
12. The Garden

Tour schedule at http://www.rush.com/clockworkangelstour.php

First new song

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZcFGrWjOX0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds pretty good to me. Sounds a little more complex than the Snakes and Arrows material.

Bandoman
04-21-12, 08:53 PM
Sounds good! I'll be getting this one.

Dan
04-21-12, 09:00 PM
Reminds me of the sound they were going for with Vapor Trails. :up: :up:

Lateralus
04-21-12, 09:25 PM
Ticket presales start Monday!

Sept 7: Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Sept 9: Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
Sept 11: Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center
Sept 13: Indianapolis, IN - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Sept 15: Chicago, IL - United Center (on sale Sat. April 28th)
Sept 18: Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills (on sale Sat. April 28th)
Sept 20: Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
Sept 22: St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
Sept 24: Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Sept 26: Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center
Sept 28: Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Sept 30: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Oct 10: Bridgeport, CT - Webster Bank Arena
Oct 12: Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 14: Toronto, ON - Air Canada Center
Oct 18: Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Oct 20: Newark, NJ - Prudential Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 22: Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 24: Boston, MA - TD Garden (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 26: Buffalo, NY - First Niagra Center (on sale Sat. April 28th)
Oct 28: Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Oct 30: Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
Nov 1: Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Ampitheater
Nov 3: Tampa, FL - 1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheater
Nov 13: Seattle, WA - Key Arena
Nov 15: San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion
Nov 17: Anaheim, CA - Honda Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Nov 19: Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Ampitheater (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Nov 23: Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand
Nov 25: Phoeniz, AZ - US Airways Center
Nov 28: Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Nov 30: San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Dec 2: Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Dan
04-21-12, 09:41 PM
Sept 28: Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Sept 30: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Oct 10: Bridgeport, CT - Webster Bank Arena

What the shit, Rush?
I imagine, because there's a 9-day lull in there, they'll add a show in my city... but man... what a kick in the pants!

Mike86
04-21-12, 10:21 PM
Nice. I was supposed to go see them at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010 but couldn't make it. I'm going this time for sure!

Bandoman
04-21-12, 10:30 PM
The first time I saw Rush was the Hemispheres tour. They were phenomenal. I almost got into a fight outside the venue after the concert with someone who claimed that Neal Peart was the best drummer ever. I countered that Carl Palmer could hold his own with Neal, but in retrospect I should have kept my mouth shut.

musick
04-22-12, 02:50 AM
all the old footage in that video did was make me long for the days when Rush was something to get excited about .... is Neil still writing their lyrics?, yikes (definately the wrong song to be scrolling that lameness across the screen)

Etrigan
04-22-12, 12:27 PM
I think I hear a little Xanaduishtype sounds at the 2:08-2:11 mark and a few seconds after that some JacobLadderishtype stuff-I Like! :D

astrochimp
04-22-12, 01:48 PM
s Neil still writing their lyrics?, yikes (definately the wrong song to be scrolling that lameness across the screen)

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think maybe Neil has run out of stuff to write about but maybe the rest of the album will prove that wrong.

For me the song is just okay. Musically it's great(of course) but much like most of their "recent" stuff it won't be something that stays with me.

The Infidel
04-22-12, 02:22 PM
From Wikipedia:

In late August 2010, Lifeson had remarked at the time that additional three songs were almost complete and that the album was turning out to be very musically diverse. In particular, Lifeson referred to the nearly finished title track "Clockwork Angels" as an "epic song" and a "multi-parted piece". He described it as "very dynamic". Peart said of the still in-work album in May 2011, "I intend it to be my highest achievement lyrically and drumming wise."

On February 9, 2012, science fiction novelist Kevin J. Anderson, a long time friend of Neil Peart, announced that he would be writing a novelization of Clockwork Angels. He also revealed information about the album's concept:

"In a young man's quest to follow his dreams, he is caught between the grandiose forces of order and chaos. He travels across a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy, with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life."

cdollaz
04-22-12, 08:28 PM
The music is good. The singing, not so much.

auto
04-22-12, 10:38 PM
The music is good. The singing, not so much.

Sounds like Rush! :lol:

Lateralus
04-23-12, 12:41 PM
Got my tickets for Philly today. Buying concerts ticket's is not nearly as exciting when all the good seats in the first 15 rows cost $350+, a sum of which I will not pay for any band. As a matter of fact we got the cheap seats for this round which came up to $108 each.

cdollaz
04-23-12, 01:30 PM
Yeah, that's why I pretty much don't go to Rush shows anymore.

Phodg
04-23-12, 04:30 PM
Hopefully they'll add a second Chicago date. Can't make 9/15.

musick
04-24-12, 01:13 AM
From Wikipedia:

In late August 2010, Lifeson had remarked at the time that additional three songs were almost complete and that the album was turning out to be very musically diverse. In particular, Lifeson referred to the nearly finished title track "Clockwork Angels" as an "epic song" and a "multi-parted piece". He described it as "very dynamic". Peart said of the still in-work album in May 2011, "I intend it to be my highest achievement lyrically and drumming wise."

LOL
sometimes the best of intentions ......
"In a young man's quest to follow his dreams, he is caught between the grandiose forces of order and chaos. He travels across a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy, with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life."

I'd rather listen to "Jukebox Hero"

Josh-da-man
04-24-12, 01:32 AM
and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life

I hope Harlan Ellison doesn't get wind of this...

SkullOrchard
06-04-12, 02:32 PM
Listening to the album now. I've avoided listening to any of the 3 preview songs, so this entire album is new to me. Only on the second track, but I'm liking it so far. :banana:

bunkaroo
06-04-12, 02:40 PM
I have to admit the title "BU2B" annoys me. I'd have rather they just call the song "Brought Up To Believe" without the cutesy abbreviation.

dsa_shea
06-04-12, 03:42 PM
I have to admit the title "BU2B" annoys me. I'd have rather they just call the song "Brought Up To Believe" without the cutesy abbreviation.

This! Thanks for enlightening me as I had no idea what that abbreviation even meant until your post.

Traxan
06-04-12, 04:07 PM
Listening to the album now. I've avoided listening to any of the 3 preview songs, so this entire album is new to me. Only on the second track, but I'm liking it so far. :banana:

And how exactly did you obtain it?

bunkaroo
06-04-12, 04:34 PM

Why, by legal means you can be sure of that! ;)

Seriously, I fully intend to purchase this next Tuesday so if I should happen to come across a copy of it before then, I don't see the harm. I own every Rush album and will continue to support the band until they're done.

anomynous
06-04-12, 04:37 PM
They changed Brought Up to Believe, different lyrics.

Jason
06-04-12, 04:49 PM
Got my tickets for Philly today. Buying concerts ticket's is not nearly as exciting when all the good seats in the first 15 rows cost $350+, a sum of which I will not pay for any band. As a matter of fact we got the cheap seats for this round which came up to $108 each.

I'm two rows behind the premium seats and paid $115 with fees. Was not about to buy a $350 ticket and not find out where it was until I arrive at the show. Will not be surprised if "premium" ticket holders are in the same row as myself, or even behind me.

Not even going to rant about the inability of close up A level tickets in the "presale" when there were several available on stub-hub as the sale started.

SkullOrchard
06-04-12, 05:06 PM

Well, that all depends. Are you a cop? :D

Seriously though, I've been a diehard RUSH fan since 1977. I own everything they've ever released on vinyl, CD, and DVD. I've had this album pre-ordered for weeks. I just bought over $300.00 worth of RUSH CDs and DVDs to give away. Trust me, if those guys die broke, it damn sure ain't my fault. :lol:

cdollaz
06-04-12, 10:16 PM
I'm not caring for it very much. I thought Snakes And Arrows was a nice comeback after a couple of shitty albums, but Clockwork Angels isn't very memorable.

Traxan
06-05-12, 12:13 PM
Well, that all depends. Are you a cop? :D

Seriously though, I've been a diehard RUSH fan since 1977. I own everything they've ever released on vinyl, CD, and DVD. I've had this album pre-ordered for weeks. I just bought over $300.00 worth of RUSH CDs and DVDs to give away. Trust me, if those guys die broke, it damn sure ain't my fault. :lol:

Torrent search is your friend, eh? :)

Lateralus
06-05-12, 12:42 PM
Nice non-answer. So has the album leaked then?

Some European fans have already gotten their pre-ordered album package so I would not be surprised if it is out there somewhere.

Lateralus
06-07-12, 09:23 PM
This is like nothing I have heard from Rush before, this album reminds me of when I was younger when I would study the lyrics of 2112 and Cygnus X1 Book II; I am really intrigued by this story and can't wait till the book comes out.

StatMan79
06-12-12, 07:16 PM
I've listened to this for about a week straight now to absorb it all. I like this a lot more than "Snakes & Arrows." The first three tracks are killer. The first two we've heard since last year so that helps, but the title track is great. I'm becoming a huge fan of "The Anarchist" "Carnies" and "The Wreckers."

"Headlong Flight" is a freaking trip. Great pace, hard-charging guitars (Which Geddy even admitted was like "Bastille Day 2.0"). The final two tracks really have grown on me. "Wish Them Well" is catchy as anything and "The Garden" is beautifully arranged.

The two "least" memorable tracks need more time for me to chew on them and re-listening to "Halo Effect" has it growing on me. "Seven Cities Of Gold" isn't sticking with me.

Love this album though. The concept aspect of it doesn't totally bash you over the head, but the story flows well together. Just great stuff.

SmackDaddy
06-12-12, 08:04 PM
Rush=favorite band. I'm really liking this. After only a couple of plays, the title cut is really sticking with me. Really epic with lots of different, striking sections.

Too bad I have to wait until December to see them. Wonder if they will play Clockwork Angels in its entirety.....and follow it up with the complete 2112. That would be pretty awesome.

Mike86
06-12-12, 08:36 PM
I need to go pick this album up tonight after work. Pretty stoked for it and to see them in September!!

cungar
06-12-12, 09:15 PM
First Rush album I've been hooked on in 25 Years. Really strong tunes. Really catchy once you give them a chance. The SHF audiophile nuts are claiming it's brickwalled and unlistenable but it sounds great to me.

bunkaroo
06-15-12, 04:10 PM
After first listen, this one's a real snooze fest for me. Of course the last Rush record I really liked is Counterparts. Maybe if I was into the story more, but that didn't seem to grab me much either. "The Garden" is pretty good though.

islandclaws
06-15-12, 06:17 PM
I've been spinning this all day at work, and so far I'm really digging it. I'm a casual Rush fan, only got into them in the last 5 years or so, but their last couple releases didn't do a whole lot for me. This one, however, really stands out.

Dan
06-16-12, 07:54 PM
For those that bought the actual CD or Vinyl... what are the track times listed on the back?

I went to two stores today and both of them only had the copies that showed "0:00" for every single song. I ended up holding off on buying the album... but what gives? Is this a joke by the band (wouldn't surprise me)?

cungar
06-17-12, 12:17 PM
After first listen, this one's a real snooze fest for me. Of course the last Rush record I really liked is Counterparts. Maybe if I was into the story more, but that didn't seem to grab me much either. "The Garden" is pretty good though.

Really you need to listen to it at least 3 times for the tunes to pop out at you. It's a grower. You'll wonder why you didn't hear them the first time.

cungar
06-17-12, 12:18 PM
For those that bought the actual CD or Vinyl... what are the track times listed on the back?

I went to two stores today and both of them only had the copies that showed "0:00" for every single song. I ended up holding off on buying the album... but what gives? Is this a joke by the band (wouldn't surprise me)?

The titles called Clockwork Angels so I assume it's a play on the theme of the album. Hard to beleive someone wouldn't have caught that before it went out.

bunkaroo
06-17-12, 02:08 PM
Really you need to listen to it at least 3 times for the tunes to pop out at you. It's a grower. You'll wonder why you didn't hear them the first time.

Honestly I'm not sure it's going to get 3 listens any time soon.

I get that some albums are growers, but I'm not hearing the telltale signs of that here for me. Even on growers there's usually something that grabs my ear on the first listen.

Now when I got Steven Wilson's Grace For Drowning, I could tell there was a lot there and one listen wasn't going to do it. This record though, a lot of the songs sound uninteresting to me.

cdollaz
06-17-12, 04:31 PM
I like it less each time I listen to it.

bunkaroo
06-19-12, 10:44 PM
Decided to give this a spin on my car stereo at higher volume. My god it sounds like ass. Actually the first two tracks sound decent, perhaps since they came out earlier. But the rest - seriously by the time I got to Headlong Flight I had to turn it off. It's just a boomy mess. I don't know if they didn't filter enough low end frequency off the kick or what, but damn. And I'll add that my system is high-end for a car and with my static settings 95% of recordings I hear sound great.

Oh, and this is the actual CD and not a mp3 rip or iTunes purchase.

cungar
06-20-12, 10:47 AM
It sounds like ass?

bunkaroo
06-20-12, 11:06 AM
It sounds like ass?

Yes - it's a technical term. :)

It sounds similar to the sounds one might hear coming out of someone's ass.

cungar
06-20-12, 11:41 AM
Yes - it's a technical term. :)

It sounds similar to the sounds one might hear coming out of someone's ass.

You should check out the Steve Hoffman Forum Clockwork Angels thread. They're having a field day pissing all over the sound of the album

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=232579

bunkaroo
06-20-12, 11:47 AM
You should check out the Steve Hoffman Forum Clockwork Angels thread. They're having a field day pissing all over the sound of the album

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=232579

As a matter of fact I've already seen that thread. Some of what I read there definitely coincides with what I'm hearing. One poster suggested cutting 50hz - that's definitely consistent with the kind of low end boominess I'm hearing. Someone else mentioned there may be new style Taurus pedals on this too - that could be another problem.

I will admit after another listen I did find more to like musically. But it is difficult to truly get into the album with the way it sounds. It's kind of shocking this happened again because I thought Snakes & Arrows came out fine and even the remixed versions of a few of the Vapor Trails songs that came out sounded good too. If this record had the sound of Counterparts or Test For Echo I'd probably be listening to it a lot more.

sniper007
06-21-12, 10:58 AM
RUSH's first new collection of original material in over five years and their first studio release via Anthem/Roadrunner Records, "Clockwork Angels", has registered the following first-week chart positions:

Canada: #1
USA: #2
Japan: #2
Norway: #10
Germany: #11
Holland: #11
Switzerland: #21

"Clockwork Angels" sold 103,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

cungar
06-21-12, 12:18 PM
As a matter of fact I've already seen that thread. Some of what I read there definitely coincides with what I'm hearing. One poster suggested cutting 50hz - that's definitely consistent with the kind of low end boominess I'm hearing. Someone else mentioned there may be new style Taurus pedals on this too - that could be another problem.

I will admit after another listen I did find more to like musically. But it is difficult to truly get into the album with the way it sounds. It's kind of shocking this happened again because I thought Snakes & Arrows came out fine and even the remixed versions of a few of the Vapor Trails songs that came out sounded good too. If this record had the sound of Counterparts or Test For Echo I'd probably be listening to it a lot more.

I did find I have to turn down the subwoofer on my system at home to listen to it. It's extremely bass heavy and the higher frequencies are buried but I still think the band sounds amazing.

Jack Straw
06-30-12, 06:21 PM

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=232579 That's par for the course for that group...i.e. Nit-Bitching about the sonics and recording/mastering to the exclusion of any awareness of the song writing, musicianship, or emotional impact and feeling of what they're listening to. I'm not saying it doesn't have a place, but it's ALL they talk about to the exclusion of some fine albums and performances.

cdollaz
09-07-12, 08:34 PM
The first 7 songs played at the first show tonight are so good, I think I'm about to shit my pants.

cdollaz
09-17-13, 04:51 PM
From Rush.com:

...On November 19th, "RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR" will be released simultaneously via Anthem/Roadrunner Records on CD and the companion BLURAY/DVD on Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder.

"RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR" was filmed and recorded last November at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas, during Rush's highly successful Clockwork Angels Tour. The eleven month-marathon world tour crossed North America twice and ventured overseas to Europe in support of the band's acclaimed 2012 studio release "CLOCKWORK ANGELS."

In capturing the tour's electrifying three hour set, "RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR" pairs Rush classics ("Tom Sawyer," "The Spirit Of Radio," "2112″), with a nod to the 80′s Rush era (The Analog Kid," "Territories," "Subdivisions") alongside newly reworked arrangements specifically for the tour featuring the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble ("Headlong Flight," "YYZ," "Red Sector A"). The string section marks the first time the trio has brought additional musicians on the road with them. To showcase their latest studio release, the epic set list also features nine tracks off "CLOCKWORK ANGELS." Other highlights include tracks rarely performed and never before recorded live ("The Body Electric," "Middletown Dreams"), in addition to three separate drum solos by the incomparable Neil Peart.

Beyond the incredible live performances, the DVD includes a 25-minute tour documentary titled "Can't Stop Thinking Big", featuring interviews with all 3 members, exclusive and behind the scenes footage, and offers a glimpse into the inner workings of the Rush tour machine and insight into the band members themselves. Other special features on the DVD include the trio of hilarious shorts created specifically for the tour as well as interviews and outtakes captured during their filming. Additional filmed sketches and a rare soundcheck performance of perennial favourite "Limelight" round out the exclusive offerings. ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ils5lsTG57k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lateralus
09-17-13, 10:08 PM
Already pre-ordered, one of the best Rush shows I have ever seen.