Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Image Save & Upload extension for Chrome?

Dan
04-18-12, 02:15 PM
Here's what I'm trying to do...
I want to be able to right-click on an image on a website, and select a non-existent option that would be called something like "Save & Upload" where it:
1. Saves the image to my Chrome "downloads" folder, then
2. Uploads the image to a selected service (imageshack, flickr, whatever), then
3. Copies the URL of the image (on the selected service, not the original location) to the clipboard so I can paste it anywhere I want afterward.

Does such a thing exist? The intent is to avoid linking to sites that, understandably, don't want people directly embedding their images elsewhere.

dleedlee
04-18-12, 02:28 PM
I use Awesome Screenshot and am very pleased with it. I think it does everything you want.

Dan
04-18-12, 06:26 PM
^ that one seems to do what I want, but the only downside is that you only have two choices for where to upload the file, and one of them is only temporary. The other is a site I've never heard of (diigo.com), so I'm not keen on signing up.

Thanks though. :) Other than that, it is a pretty cool extension. The cropping/annotation stuff is sweet.

Shazam
04-18-12, 07:07 PM
Check out imgur.

dleedlee
04-19-12, 03:11 PM
^ that one seems to do what I want, but the only downside is that you only have two choices for where to upload the file, and one of them is only temporary. The other is a site I've never heard of (diigo.com), so I'm not keen on signing up.

Thanks though. :) Other than that, it is a pretty cool extension. The cropping/annotation stuff is sweet.

I use it mainly for cropping images. I don't use their storage site either. I just download, then upload to my Google account.