Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Ted Nugent is a idiot

PopcornTreeCt
04-17-12, 11:05 PM
Discuss.

Edit: Well, now my grammar just looks bad.

Talkin2Phil
04-17-12, 11:37 PM
I always liked the song "Stranglehold"

slop101
04-17-12, 11:44 PM
He's not so much an idiot as he is a little insane. He doesn't exist in our plane, he's in his own world and does/says whatever he wants. I was at a fundraising event once, not that long ago, and there were a bunch of bands playing, one of them was Ted, and for half his short set, he just cussed up a storm (though not really saying anything political, or really anything for that matter), but this event was filled with kids - who's parent's were stunned, and Ted didn't give a fuck. I found it kinda funny, but it speaks to his state of mind.

kvrdave
04-18-12, 12:37 AM
I'd go with insane, but the good kind of insane. If I were stuck on an island, I'd want Ted there.

Supermallet
04-18-12, 01:13 AM
I certainly wish I were as self-reliant as he is.

Pistol Pete
04-18-12, 01:17 AM
Ted Nugent vs. Hunter S. Thompson. Give them each a sheet of acid and a rusty spoon.

I'd pay-per-view that.

Troy Stiffler
04-18-12, 01:31 AM
I'd go with insane, but the good kind of insane. If I were stuck on an island, I'd want Ted there.

Me too. Good to have someone to shoot with an arrow and eat.

Artman
04-18-12, 02:14 AM

You could've played it off as intentional satire... But, yes... I'm afraid you've shown your hand in this case. Better luck next time.

At the very least you could've provided a link and quote... make it informative for people. After all, you are trying to show the person in question in a negative light, yes?

RunBandoRun
04-18-12, 06:17 AM
Ted Nugent is yet another chest-thumping jingo dickwhistle who made damn sure he wasn't in the line of fire when it came his turn to serve his country, yet has the gall to refer to the current Marine force as "my blood brothers" and apparently thinks that going on canned hunts makes him some kind of fucking frontier hero. And that's about the nicest thing I can come up with to say. :lol:

P.S. This article will tell you a lot about what "the Nuge" is really like. http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060528/NEWS/605280335/1017/FEATURES08

logrus9
04-18-12, 07:21 AM
Discuss.

At least Grundle provides links. :)

JasonF
04-18-12, 07:57 AM
I assume other grundle is talking about this:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/04/18/150866848/ted-nugent-stands-firm-secret-service-to-look-into-his-words-about-obama

Short version: for some reason, people care enough about what Ted Nugent has to say that they gave him a speaking role at the NRA convention. And Nugent used that forum to say that by this time next year, if President Obama is reelected, either Obama will be dead or Nugent will be in jail.

wishbone
04-18-12, 08:04 AM
Ted Nugent has never worked an day in his life.

CRM114
04-18-12, 08:07 AM
Who knew Ted would turn into this back in the early 80s when I was watching him in a loin cloth performing Wang Dang Sweet Poontang. Could he even fill a club these days?

TheBigDave
04-18-12, 08:24 AM
Nugent used that forum to say that by this time next year, if President Obama is reelected, either Obama will be dead or Nugent will be in jail.

Actually he said, "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year". It's right here around the 5:00 mark.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QL5zmqbuMxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's definitely crazy. But it doesn't sound much different than most of the stuff you hear on political talk radio.

JasonF
04-18-12, 08:41 AM
Actually he said, "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year". It's right here around the 5:00 mark.

Sorry -- I misread the quote. It's actually not as bad as I thought, though Nugent is still crazy and I still don't get why he keeps being given a forum to spout off political views.

Hokeyboy
04-18-12, 08:42 AM
Love Uncle Ted. I can never be mad at him, no matter how bugfuck I think some of his politics are. Same with Victoria Jackson. Imagine what kind of picnic that would be. At least we'd have plenty of protein.

DVD Josh
04-18-12, 08:44 AM
Ted Nugent is yet another chest-thumping jingo dickwhistle who made damn sure he wasn't in the line of fire when it came his turn to serve his country, yet has the gall to refer to the current Marine force as "my blood brothers" and apparently thinks that going on canned hunts makes him some kind of fucking frontier hero. And that's about the nicest thing I can come up with to say. :lol:

P.S. This article will tell you a lot about what "the Nuge" is really like. http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060528/NEWS/605280335/1017/FEATURES08

Well, there's always posting personal attacks on an internet forum.

RunBandoRun
04-18-12, 09:10 AM
Well, there's always posting personal attacks on an internet forum.

Nah, a personal attack would be to tell him to shave off that little wisp of a goatee he's got, because it makes him look like a dork. ;)

Jaymole
04-18-12, 12:38 PM
The man is crazy...but it's a little scary as he is so full of anger and violence in his rhetoric.

I remember this from a few years ago:

Nugent wielded two machine guns while raging, “Obama, he’s a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary,” he continued. “You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.”

dork
04-18-12, 12:56 PM
Nugent wielded two machine guns while raging, “Obama, he’s a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary,” he continued. “You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.”
I don't see how that's any different from what Hilary Rosen said. :shrug:

Ky-Fi
04-18-12, 01:06 PM
I remember this from a few years ago:

That was taken completely out of context.

CRM114
04-18-12, 01:22 PM
Apparently, the Motor City Madman has a meeting with the secret service tomorrow. :lol:

arminius
04-18-12, 01:38 PM
Apparently, the Motor City Madman has a meeting with the secret service tomorrow. :lol:

Who's providing the prostitutes?

clappj
04-18-12, 02:16 PM

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/obama-pimp-mustache.jpg

CRM114
04-18-12, 02:30 PM
Wow.

CRM114
04-18-12, 02:30 PM

:lol:

cpgator
04-18-12, 02:34 PM
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/obama-pimp-mustache.jpg

CRM114
04-18-12, 02:54 PM
Yeah, the black President in a pimp hat! Get a load of that! Get it? Black dude - pimp? Bwaahahahaha...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rockmjd23
04-18-12, 03:16 PM
More blatant racism:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6356/bushisapimp13ff42722.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/bushisapimp13ff42722.jpg/)

cpgator
04-18-12, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the black President in a pimp hat! Get a load of that! Get it? Black dude - pimp? Bwaahahahaha...

Get over yourself.

clappj
04-18-12, 03:32 PM

Barack is half white, but everyone knows there's no such thing as white pimps.

NORML54601
04-18-12, 04:13 PM
I hate his music and think he's nuts.

JumpCutz
04-18-12, 04:40 PM
Yeah his music sucks and he's dumber than a fucking tree.

The Today Show aired a piece on this story and when they showed Ted at the NRA convention spouting off... everybody in the audience look liked they were related to Larry The Cable Guy.

Josh-da-man
04-18-12, 05:19 PM

Harvey Keitel.

RagingBull80
04-18-12, 07:17 PM
Ted Nugent vs. Hunter S. Thompson. Give them each a sheet of acid and a rusty spoon.

I'd pay-per-view that.

Now if Ted could only take the cue and go out like Hunter did.

;)

RagingBull80
04-18-12, 07:19 PM
I don't see how that's any different from what Hilary Rosen said. :shrug:

I do.

cungar
04-18-12, 10:13 PM
I'm more scared of the Tim Mc Veigh types that still worship him.

Norm de Plume
04-18-12, 11:00 PM
Yeah his music sucks and he's dumber than a fucking tree.

The Today Show aired a piece on this story and when they showed Ted at the NRA convention spouting off... everybody in the audience look liked they were related to Larry The Cable Guy.

K&AJones
04-18-12, 11:10 PM
Yea...got to call on Uncle Ted being a quack he is for one sentence but this guy.....noooooooo problem

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/20111026/0e4a8e_lfarakahn102611.jpg

JasonF
04-19-12, 12:07 AM
Are you under the impression that Farrakhan has a lot of fans around here? Or anywhere in the mainstream?

BTW, Farrakhan hasn't really been relevant since the 90s.

starman9000
04-19-12, 07:11 AM
Sure you guys all hate the Nuge and Farrakhan, but this guy's all good huh?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Charles-mansonbookingphoto.jpg

Xander
04-19-12, 10:24 AM
Are you under the impression that Farrakhan has a lot of fans around here? Or anywhere in the mainstream?

Neither has Ted Nugent. Hasn't had a hit since the 80's. Just another ex-celebrity spouting off at the mouth. :rolleyes:

CRM114
04-19-12, 10:27 AM
The Farrakhan card. :lol:

Neither has Ted Nugent. Hasn't had a hit since the 80's. Just another ex-celebrity spouting off at the mouth. :rolleyes:

But he's invited on Fox News regularly. He's one of their few goto celebrities.

Artman
04-19-12, 02:25 PM
Nuge! :rock2:

Tommy Ceez
04-19-12, 02:45 PM
But he's invited on Fox News regularly. He's one of their few goto celebrities.

Whats the average age of the FOX viewer?

kvrdave
04-19-12, 02:58 PM

You don't think Obama is mainstream? They are the same religion.

CRM114
04-19-12, 03:01 PM

It's not like he's Wayne Newton. :lol: Before he became a political moron and just rocked, he had a pretty big following. I liked his music back in my high school hard rock phase myself.

SkullOrchard
04-19-12, 05:19 PM
I love Uncle Ted, but I'm not a fan of extremist political rhetoric of any sort.

Ted isn't any more extreme than those celebrities on the left who vilified GW Bush for eight years, and I don't recall the secret service questioning any of those people.

SkullOrchard
04-19-12, 05:29 PM
When exactly did Ted become such a fervent right-winger?

I've been a fan since 1977, read tons of interviews in the 70's/80's, attended his concerts back then, and he never said or did anything that would lead me to believe that he was the least bit Conservative.

He often bragged about how he avoided serving his country during the Vietnam War and how he'd had sex with underage teenage girls. Not exactly Conservative values.

I suppose it was sometime during the Clinton administration.

Jason
04-19-12, 05:45 PM
Ted isn't any more extreme than those celebrities on the left who vilified GW Bush for eight years, and I don't recall the secret service questioning any of those people.

Although they were quick to compare bush to hitler (intellectual laziness), I really don't recall any threats (overt or otherwise) to the president's life. Hoping to send someone to the Hague for war crimes really isn't the same as telling someone to suck on a machine gun.

But I'm sure you'll come up with some out of context thing to justify your false equivalency.

Screwadu
04-19-12, 06:12 PM
I really don't recall any threats (overt or otherwise) to the president's life.

The celebrity calls for his death are a little way down the page.

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

Ky-Fi
04-19-12, 06:16 PM

Well, sure they look bad when you take them out of context.

Tommy Ceez
04-19-12, 06:28 PM
It's not like he's Wayne Newton. :lol:

but to an Octagenarian Ted is one of those rockers the kids like

dork
04-19-12, 06:33 PM

For those who don't want to waste time looking at photos of deranged lefties, the complete list of celebs follows:

John Kerry
Betty Williams (Yes, that Betty Williams!)
Craig Kilborn (or someone on his show)

It's a real Who's Who... the Fuck is That?

Bonus celebrity: New York State comptroller Alan Hevesi!

JANK
04-19-12, 06:54 PM
Ahh...Ted's alright. He is honest.

Jason
04-19-12, 08:13 PM

Soooo, this makes it alright for Ted Nugent to do it.

As for whether or not the secret service investigated, what can we draw from that? Are we going to start calling them the MSM drive by service?

starman9000
04-19-12, 08:33 PM

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_april_10_2004/characters/120-2044_IMG.JPG

That kid from Glee isn't really handicapped? :eek:

SkullOrchard
04-19-12, 08:35 PM
Soooo, this makes it alright for Ted Nugent to do it.

As for whether or not the secret service investigated, what can we draw from that? Are we going to start calling them the MSM drive by service?

Although they were quick to compare bush to hitler (intellectual laziness), I really don't recall any threats (overt or otherwise) to the president's life. Hoping to send someone to the Hague for war crimes really isn't the same as telling someone to suck on a machine gun.

But I'm sure you'll come up with some out of context thing to justify your false equivalency.

Who said it was alright for Nugent to say what he said?

I simply stated a hard cold fact that there were plenty of celebrities on the left who have said or done as bad or worse. Plenty of Hollywood lefties insinuated, and even outright accused President Bush of being the true mastermind behind 9/11. Accused him of murdering over 3,000 innocent civilians. That is far more vile than some silly asshole remark from Ted Nugent, a remark that no one actually believed was a serious threat to the president.

JumpCutz
04-19-12, 08:38 PM
Plenty of Hollywood lefties insinuated, and even outright accused President Bush of being the true mastermind behind 9/11. Accused him of murdering over 3,000 innocent civilians.

Link?

PopcornTreeCt
04-19-12, 08:53 PM

Lamestream media!

SkullOrchard
04-19-12, 08:58 PM
Link?
Seriously?

Where the fuck should I even start?

Charlie Sheen
Janeane Garofalo
Rosie O’Donnell
Jesse Ventura
Willie Nelson
Woody Harrelson

Just to name a few.

Just do a Google search on "Hollywood Truthers" or "Celebrity Truthers" for exact quotes. I think it would be far less time consuming for me to make you a list of celebrities who aren't "Truthers".

dork
04-19-12, 09:03 PM

(According to one study (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/fox-news-oldest-cable-audience-54230).)

X
04-19-12, 09:50 PM
Oh well...

Nugent says had "solid" meeting with Secret Service

(Reuters) - Musician and gun-rights advocate Ted Nugent said on Thursday he had a positive meeting with U.S. Secret Service agents investigating his recent criticism of President Barack Obama, and the agency confirmed the issue had been resolved.

Nugent, who told NRA supporters in St. Louis last week that he would be "dead or in jail" next year if Obama was reelected, said in a statement that he had "met with two fine, professional Secret Service agents" in Oklahoma.

"Good, solid, professional meeting concluding that I have never made any threats of violence towards anyone. The meeting could not have gone better," the 63-year-old singer and guitarist said. He was due to perform a concert in Ardmore, Oklahoma on Thursday.

The Secret Service, which is tasked with protecting the U.S. president, senior officials and other figures, confirmed the meeting with Nugent.

"The Secret Service interview of Ted Nugent has been completed," agency spokesman Brian Leary said. "The issue has been resolved. The Secret Service does not anticipate any further action."

Earlier Leary said the agency respected freedom of speech, but also had a responsibility to "investigate intent."

Nugent, a Michigan-born conservative who has endorsed Obama's presumed Republican challenger in the November elections, Mitt Romney, drew Secret Service attention with his blunt remarks about Obama and administration officials at the NRA event.

"We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November," Nugent said at the convention.

U.S. Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chairwoman of the Democratic National Convention, responded earlier this week, saying "threatening violence - or whatever it is that Nugent's threatening - is clearly beyond the pale."

A Romney spokeswoman said the Republican candidate believed "everyone needs to be civil," but stopped short of condemning Nugent's original remarks.

Nugent is best known for hit 1970s songs such as "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Motor City Madhouse."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/19/us-usa-obama-nugent-idUSBRE83I1KK20120419

JasonF
04-19-12, 10:06 PM
I still think Nugent is dangerous. He routinely gets people in a stranglehold. The man must be stopped!

crazyronin
04-19-12, 10:14 PM
I still think Nugent is dangerous. He routinely gets people in a stranglehold. The man must be stopped!

[pedant]Derek St. Holmes[ /pedant]

Marc Brobard
04-19-12, 10:39 PM
Link?

Where I'm from, we call it "common knowledge."

CRM114
04-20-12, 08:10 AM
So Ted actually met some gentlemen that actually know the proper use of a firearm?

Now, for a bit of philosophy from Uncle Ted:

That Nadine, what a teenage queen
She come to town; she be foolin' around
She lookin' so clean, especi'lly down in between; what I like

It's all right
Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
A puttin' me down as a rock-and-roll clown

Wang dang, what a sweet poontang
A shakin' my thang as a rang-a-dang-dang in the bell
Down on the street you know she can't be beat
She's so sweet when she yanks on my meat
What the hell

Wang Dang Sweet Poontang

Marc Brobard
04-22-12, 10:47 PM
So Ted actually met some gentlemen that actually know the proper use of a firearm?

What is the point of this post?

mickey65
04-30-12, 06:25 AM
Once Obama is re-elected (because you all know it's going to happen!), we'll see if Ted lives up to his promise of being dead or in jail...

JANK
04-30-12, 08:29 PM
Once Obama is re-elected (because you all know it's going to happen!), <snip>.

wishful thinking.

the 3 most dreaded words for a liberal to hear?

....former president obama !

Lastdaysofrain
05-01-12, 07:33 AM
wishful thinking.

the 3 most dreaded words for a liberal to hear?

....former president obama !

Unless it's 2016.

I think the 3 most dreaded words would be "Headliner: Ted Nugent!"

Pajiba
05-02-12, 07:41 PM

Robert Frost is crying with envy.

JumpCutz
05-04-12, 03:43 PM
Oh my....:lol:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/04/ted-nugent-cbs-reporter-ill-suck-your-d/

Navinabob
05-04-12, 05:10 PM
Seriously?

Where the fuck should I even start?

Charlie Sheen
Janeane Garofalo
Rosie O’Donnell
Jesse Ventura
Willie Nelson
Woody Harrelson

Just to name a few.

Just do a Google search on "Hollywood Truthers" or "Celebrity Truthers" for exact quotes. I think it would be far less time consuming for me to make you a list of celebrities who aren't "Truthers".

Wait... Most of these guys are a bit off and love conspiracies.

Charlie Sheen: Not a Declared Democrat or Republican, just insane. (He is a Truther & a Birther).
Janeane Garofalo: Leftie.
Rosie O’Donnell: Leftie. (Also believes most any conspiracy)
Jesse Ventura: Also insane (He is a Truther & a Birther). He hates every party equally (Also believes most any conspiracy)
Willie Nelson: Hippie
Woody Harrelson: Leftie, but also insane. (Also believes most any conspiracy)

Of the entire bunch you mentioned, only Garofalo can be considered reasonably intelligent and emotionally stable. Don't forget, you can Google "Celebrity Republicans" and start making a similar list.

creekdipper
05-10-12, 07:53 AM

A million men don't go as far as they used to. Inflation sucks!

Josh-da-man
11-07-12, 03:58 PM
And so it begins...

Ted Nugent Death/Jail Watch, Day One (http://wonkette.com/489268/ted-nugent-death-jail-watch-day-one)