Old 04-17-12, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Ringer -- Season Finale -- "I'm The Good Twin" -- 4/17/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
As the vow renewal nears, Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) realizes she first needs to tell Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) the truth about who she really is. Meanwhile, just as Bodaway Macawi (guest star Zahn McClarnon) starts to close in on Bridget, Agent Machado (Nestor Carbonell) is forced off the case and Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) decides whether he should tell Bridget the truth about Siobhan. Zoey Deutch also stars. Eriq LaSalle directed the episode written by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder (#121).

Episode 22 of 22

Most likely the last episode of the series. This is not likely to return next season.

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EiPGmUiVTKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also:

Spoiler:
http://tvline.com/2012/04/17/ringer-season-1-finale-eric-charmelo-nicole-snyder/

3 characters will be killed off tonight according to this story.

And yes I know this doesn't air in Canada until Friday, so no Canadian in this forum will be watching tonight.
Old 04-18-12, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 979 Likes on 608 Posts
Re: Ringer -- Season Finale -- "I'm The Good Twin" -- 4/17/12

I gave up on this a couple of episodes ago. I'll probably read a recap to find out what ultimately happened.
Old 04-18-12, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ending. Sufficient enough to act as a series finale with enough of a bit at the end to continue to go next season.

But, for the most part, any lingering question was answered.
Old 04-18-12, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Excellent ending. If they had somehow worked out how to stretch this episode out over multiple episodes then we wouldn't have had to suffer through that inane subplot of Catherine trying to kill Siobhan because she took her place.

I could take the Wild Things ripoff and the twist that Catherine was in on it, but her involvement in the show should have ended there. They took us out of the main mystery at hand and, IMO, that's where the show started to tumble.

Last edited by conscience; 04-18-12 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-18-12, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk God

That was a good finale for a very uneven and sometimes idiotic season.

I think it worked as a series finale as well. I loved seeing how dumbfounded Bridget was at the end with Henry.

With Macawi dead and Andrew and Juliet gone, I don't see where the show could go for a 2nd season. The whole charade, which was the centerpoint of the show, is now dead.

Better luck next time Sarah Michelle Gellar. Next time stay away from doing a serialized soap on The CW.

I don't regret investing the 22 weeks I did on this show. Sometimes you just have to go with it and I think the end result was satisfying.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-18-12 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-18-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

To be honest she thought it was going to be on CBS. The devil inside of me would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she got the news that it had be relegated to the CW...

This show certainly did not advance her career any.
Old 04-18-12, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by conscience
To be honest she thought it was going to be on CBS. The devil inside of me would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she got the news that it had be relegated to the CW...

This show certainly did not advance her career any.
Yeah I know the Pilot was originally shot for CBS. IMO, this would have never survived 22 weeks on CBS. The only reason it lasted a full season on The CW is because they have such low ratings standards for what is considered good.
Old 04-19-12, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone just post what happened in the final episode? I have six episodes of this on my DVR and I really don't want to watch any of them, but I'm mildly curious as to how it ended.
Old 04-19-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by abrg923
Can someone just post what happened in the final episode? I have six episodes of this on my DVR and I really don't want to watch any of them, but I'm mildly curious as to how it ended.
Andrew found out the truth about Bridget.

Bridget confessed to Juliet who she really is. Both were pissed at her.

He and Juliet left.

Henry found out Siobhan's babies weren't his and threw her out. She was left broke.

Siobhan went into her apartment to try to steal some jewelry (since she was broke), Macawi was there waiting and tried to kill her. She escaped. Bridget came in all of the sudden (did not see Siobhan), which confused him, they got into a fight and he was killed. Machado came in afterwards.

The Black Limo driver who has been helping Bridget found security video from 9/9/11 (the actual date of the Pilot episode) which showed Siobhan leaving the harbor after she supposedly drowned. He showed it to Bridget and she was dumbfounded. She went to Henry to find out what the hell is going on and looked dumbfounded.

The End

The main plot was resolved for the most part. They left some stuff open, but honestly I don't see how a 2nd season would work. As I said earlier, it was pretty satisfying for a 1 season show if you stuck with it all 22 weeks.
Old 04-19-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Andrew found out the truth about Bridget.

Bridget confessed to Juliet who she really is. Both were pissed at her.

He and Juliet left.

Henry found out Siobhan's babies weren't his and threw her out. She was left broke.

Siobhan went into her apartment to try to steal some jewelry (since she was broke), Macawi was there waiting and tried to kill her. She escaped. Bridget came in all of the sudden (did not see Siobhan), which confused him, they got into a fight and he was killed. Machado came in afterwards.

The Black Limo driver who has been helping Bridget found security video from 9/9/11 (the actual date of the Pilot episode) which showed Siobhan leaving the harbor after she supposedly drowned. He showed it to Bridget and she was dumbfounded. She went to Henry to find out what the hell is going on and looked dumbfounded.

The End

The main plot was resolved for the most part. They left some stuff open, but honestly I don't see how a 2nd season would work. As I said earlier, it was pretty satisfying for a 1 season show if you stuck with it all 22 weeks.
I think there are several directions that the show could go for a second season.

They could start the season with a shot of one of the twins being dead, leaving the mystery as to which one it is to be told through the season.

I don't think we really need to worry about it, but they didn't paint themselves into a corner.
Old 04-19-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Siobhan had twins? I didn't know that, or that they weren't Henry's.

Surprised that they revealed that Bridget wasn't Siobhan to Henry/Juliet. Did they still try to make Henry the villian of the show? That's when I gave up on it, when they were doing the whole Ponzi scheme and all that.
Old 04-19-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Siobhan had twins? I didn't know that, or that they weren't Henry's.

Surprised that they revealed that Bridget wasn't Siobhan to Henry/Juliet. Did they still try to make Henry the villian of the show? That's when I gave up on it, when they were doing the whole Ponzi scheme and all that.
No, he was basically a pawn in a game set up by his ex-wife and his partner (the chick who played H.G. Wells on Warehouse 13). That storyline was wrapped up in the previous episode.
Old 04-19-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

^^ When you say ex-wife, you mean Andrew's ex, who became Olivia's lover.

Since abrg923 hasn't watched the last 6 weeks, it would be way too complicated to explain that plot and it's outcome and have it make any sense to him. But, yes that plot was wrapped up last week.

As for Siobhan, she was pregnant and had twin girls, but the father turned out to be Michael Knight, who she was also sleeping with and was another pawn in Andrew and Olivia's Ponzi scheme.

Henry did a paternity test when the babies were born to see if they were actually his and it turned out they were Michael Knight's instead. The results came in the mail and Siobhan tried to hide it from him, but he already knew ahead of time and was testing her.
Old 04-19-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Andrew's ex and his partner were lovers?

I meant Andrew earlier, not Henry...so no more of trying to make Andrew the bad guy?

And yeah, I don't even think I know who Michael knight is. They went from Siobhan not even showing preggers to popping out the babies?
Old 04-19-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Andrew's ex and his partner were lovers?

I meant Andrew earlier, not Henry...so no more of trying to make Andrew the bad guy?

And yeah, I don't even think I know who Michael knight is. They went from Siobhan not even showing preggers to popping out the babies?
Michael Knight is Tyler, the dude Siobhan was sleeping with in France.

I called him that because he played Michael Knight in Knight Rider a few years ago.

Episode 20 or 21 was when it was revealed that Andrew's ex and Olivia were lovers.
Old 04-19-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So wait, didn't Tyler meet her after she got pregnant? I thought they showed us their meeting in France?
Old 04-19-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk God

So wait, didn't Tyler meet her after she got pregnant? I thought they showed us their meeting in France?
Don't overthink it.

hey I thought you only cared about the final episode. Now you want a full recap of the last 6 weeks so you don't have to watch them?
Old 04-19-12, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, not at all...it's just that that makes no sense at all, since we saw their first meeting.

Oh well.
Old 04-19-12, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, not at all...it's just that that makes no sense at all, since we saw their first meeting.

Oh well.
That's assuming Tyler and Henry were the only possible choices to be the father. Andrew's a possibility as well. And Siobhan could have just been a slut, so who knows how many men she slept with in order to hatch her plan.

As for what I said before, I explained what happened with Andrew, but I typed Henry as I'm horrible with names. Andrew was a pawn, and redeemed himself in the course of the episodes you missed.
Old 04-19-12, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So wait, the father wasn't actually revealed?
Old 04-19-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, it basically just said [Maury] "Henry, you are NOT the father!!" [/Maury]
Old 04-20-12, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I am very glad I dropped this show about six episodes into the season. I wonder what SMG does next in her career?
Old 04-20-12, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She had said the only other person she had slept with during that time was Andrew. So its obvious who the father is of the twins.

Even more reason for her to get her old life back. To have Andrew's money to raise the kids.
Old 04-20-12, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Meh. The show got too ridiculous for me to watch right around the time that they started the whole storyline with Juliette and her teacher and the scam they did for her trust fund money. Just waaaay too outlandish, and it sounds like it got even more outlandish as it went on.
Old 04-21-12, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I started watching the show because of Sarah and stuck with it for the same reason. I did enjoy it as it found it's legs and as I put my brain away for much of it. Like DJariya I am happy I stuck with it. I was always ready for it to be gone but happy it made it through it's first and possibly last season.