Old 04-16-12, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Eureka -- Season Premiere -- "Lost" -- 4/16/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-04-16

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The Astraeus crew returns to Eureka four years later and must adapt to a myriad of changes, including a more oppressive version of Deputy Andy, in the Season 5 premiere.

14 episode final season. All the episodes were shot and completed last summer.

Just an FYI, the X-Mas episode that aired last year was technically episode 1 of this season. So we're getting 13 episodes for this final cycle of the show.

Going to miss it.
Old 04-17-12, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Eureka -- Season Premiere -- "Lost" -- 4/16/12

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but SyFy is airing the second season of Lost Girl along side Eureka. So Lost Girl in the US could be caught up with Lost Girl in Canada by the time season 3 starts.

As for Eureka, I'm going to miss it as well. In the way that Psych ushered in the new era of USA original shows, Eureka was the springboard for SyFy's current crop of originals.
Old 04-17-12, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

It was a fun episode except that
Spoiler:
the final twist, though it was telegraphed early on, was rather disappointing. I liked how things were shown to have changed after four years and had hoped they'd stuck with that.

Still, I'm looking forward to see how this season plays out. Though I am really gonna miss this show when it's gone.

Here's hoping they release a nice BD series set when it's all over.
Old 04-17-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I really liked the 4 year jump timeline. Finally got some Jack/Jo stuff going and its not real.
Old 04-17-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I missed this somehow! I think it replays sunday or monday. Can't wait to see how this plays out. I'm outta here!
Old 04-17-12, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I really liked the 4 year jump timeline. Finally got some Jack/Jo stuff going and its not real.
That's what pissed me off the most. I really liked seeing Jack and Jo as a couple and was interested in the ramifications of the 4 year gap. So the reveal that it's all basically in the Matrix was a letdown.
Old 04-17-12, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Spoiler:
I would have liked the jumpline but without the robots/AIs/etc in charge. Am interested to see what is really happening in Eureka in the aftermath of the departure of the ship.
Old 04-17-12, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,019 Likes on 629 Posts

They had me fooled. I was thinking that was pretty ballsy to totally change things up yet again, but then it turns out it was all fake. Darn you, Eureka writers! I think this whole episode was just to throw a bone to the Carter/Jo shippers. When Zane figured out that Jo and Carter were together, I laughed. In your face, douchebag! I felt awful for Alison, though.

In any case, I liked the episode a lot. I love Wil Wheaton on this show--he's a great nemesis for Fargo. The guy who plays Andy did a good job, too, of shifting from cheery Andy to menacing Andy.

So, do we know when everyone was put into this "matrix"? The whole accidental launch wasn't real, right? So how far back during last season do we have to go to be in reality?
Old 04-17-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I think the launch was real, they just didnt jump where they thought they were going to. I think they moved them while they were in the stasis pods or whatever.

I nearly fell out of my chair when they showed them all waking up and Fargo just rolled over and went back to sleep.
Old 04-17-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,019 Likes on 629 Posts

Okay, I need to look again but I thought the last shot showed more people in the pods than just the ones who were on the ship.
Old 04-17-12, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Damnit! I was really hoping the 4-year time jump was real. I kind of like Jo and Carter together and they have teased us with it a few times.

Of course Evil Beverly was behind the whole thing.

At 1st I wasn't a huge fan of Holly, but the more I see her on the show, the more I like it. She's such a cute and quirky character. It's not wonder that sci-fi geeks love Felicia Day.
Old 04-18-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed the first 20 minutes of the episode but enjoyed the rest very much. The previous season was very boring up until that last scene of the launch. I'm hoping this season can really end with a bang. I'd love for the episodes to be more complex because having a genius make a huge mistake each week is getting old and I want to remember this show fondly.
Old 04-18-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I would like to know how Beverly took control of them. I guess we will know that in the last episodes.

I also got bored last year, but this episode got my whole attention.
Old 04-18-12, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Okay, I need to look again but I thought the last shot showed more people in the pods than just the ones who were on the ship.
There were a lot of people hooked up to the machine than were in Astreaus. ?Which to me begs the question how can they have a show with any of them in it and the character not be dreaming? Will they show us the characters not in the dream sequences and write a story for them? Or, will this season be just dream sequences, which I could give 2 craps about? IMO the ending just ruined the entire season.
Old 04-18-12, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Well the crew was a lot bigger than just the main characters (Zane, Fargo, Holly, Mrs. Deacon. The group photo from last season had about two dozen crew members which was about the number in the pods.