Old 04-15-12, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
The Amazing Race 20 -- "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" -- 4/15/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-02-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Let Them Drink Their Haterade (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)" - The Race takes an unexpected turn when an early alliance is betrayed, and an unforgiving team savors the opportunity to exact their revenge in a game twist, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 15, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Episode 8 of 12
Old 04-15-12, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 20 -- "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" -- 4/15/12

I will have immediate hate for whichever person uses the word "haterade."
Old 04-15-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I will have immediate hate for whichever person uses the word "haterade."
I know who my money is on. Any padding needed tonight?
Old 04-15-12, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Border Patrol tools. I hope they don't win.

Rachel spilling the water

Last edited by LiquidSky; 04-15-12 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-15-12, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Border Patrol guys went from alright guys I'd wanna get a beer with to complete jerkoffs in one episode. Wow, what babies.

And we were so so close to being rid of Brendan and Rachael. Great episode, good challenges... I would've had a heart attack with those bees.

Last edited by CKMorpheus; 04-15-12 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-15-12, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

The Double U-Turn was pretty worthless; Jaime and Nary were so far behind that it didn't have any effect at all on the outcome except for making Brenchel and Ralph & Vanessa come in later than they would have without having to double back. And since they're probably leaving Africa, they'll end up bunched up at an airport at the start of the next leg.

One thing I noticed... Art and J.J. didn't seem to know that Dave and Rachel had beat them to the U-Turn, but later it looked like they had X'ed out the teams who had passed, so B&R knew they could U-Turn Ralph and Vanessa.
Old 04-15-12, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
The Double U-Turn was pretty worthless; Jaime and Nary were so far behind that it didn't have any effect at all on the outcome except for making Brenchel and Ralph & Vanessa come in later than they would have without having to double back. And since they're probably leaving Africa, they'll end up bunched up at an airport at the start of the next leg.

One thing I noticed... Art and J.J. didn't seem to know that Dave and Rachel had beat them to the U-Turn, but later it looked like they had X'ed out the teams who had passed, so B&R knew they could U-Turn Ralph and Vanessa.
The bee challenge was so lame. How about a challenge where a team at least has the possibility of passing another team?

Both Rachels are annoying, red one is just crazy too, but the Border Patrol guys are total douches. They whine and now have picked unnecessary fights with 3 teams.
Old 04-15-12, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I think the X'ed out teams were the ones that had already been elminated from the race. In the past, they haven't given you the information about who has already past the U-Turn or yield or whatever the slow down for that particular race. Brendon and Rachel would have known that cheese and crackers were behind them; they saw them wandering about looking for the clue.
Old 04-15-12, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Art and JJ have been running a great race but now they are getting caught up in drama, I expect them them to make some massive blunder soon and get eliminated.

Now with Kentucky limping, they can't win this. Once they go there's no one else to root for.
Old 04-15-12, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Best episode of the season. Beautiful scenery and great for the racers to be able to be so close to the wildlife.

Go Kentucky! Glad they got 1st place! But... he may have strained his knee further getting to the mat first. Hope some rest will help out. They should have medical available to tape it up and give him some anti-inflammatories...
Old 04-16-12, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
The Border Patrol guys went from alright guys I'd wanna get a beer with to complete jerkoffs in one episode. Wow, what babies.
I can see the border guys being annoyed since Dave and Rachel skipped the U turn and made them look like the bad guys. And technically Davechel were correct in that the U turn ultimately didn't matter because the "teachers" were so far back. The producers apparently want to
Spoiler:
play up the bad blood
in the preview but we'll see whether it really makes any difference other than drama.

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Rachel spilling the water
I was hoping they'd have to go back and refill their cans.

Originally Posted by leeta
Best episode of the season. Beautiful scenery and great for the racers to be able to be so close to the wildlife.
Thought this episode looked particularly good for some reason
Old 04-16-12, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I actually liked Art and JJ for the first few legs of this season. Now, they have turned into 2 major douchbags. I kept yelling to my TV, Get over it when they were going on and on about Dave and Rachel not using the double U Turn.

Happy that Mark and Bopper finished 1st. However, with Bopper being a little gimpy with the bad knee/leg, I think their chances have dwindled. Dave and Rachel are going to ovetake them in the next leg.

at Rachel breaking down and crying yet again after they dropped some of their bottles. Such a freaking drama queen.

Nary and Jamie were a non-factor this leg. If they didn't have the speed bump, then maybe they had a chance.

And yes, the African scenery was beautiful.
Old 04-16-12, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I never understand why teams don't exercise the U-Turn against the team that they know is in the rear.

The bee challenge was stupid.

Nice to see the Feds gone. They were annoying the shit out of me with their hide-our-occupation nonsense. Like anyone cares. It's not like you impressed at any point.
Old 04-16-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't know if I would call it the best episode of the season based solely on the scenery. Aside from all the drama created by the teams barking at each other, there wasn't much doubt that the "teachers" were going to bring up the rear.
Old 04-16-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

So I guess the other teams will find out about the "teachers" when they watch the broadcast?

Re Vanessa's reluctance to do the bee road block (when are they ever not under pressure?), is there some kind of rule that the team members need to split them equally?
Old 04-16-12, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
So I guess the other teams will find out about the "teachers" when they watch the broadcast?

Re Vanessa's reluctance to do the bee road block (when are they ever not under pressure?), is there some kind of rule that the team members need to split them equally?
I think there is a rule. You'll hear some teams saying "you have to do this one" or something like that. They put that rule in a few years ago but I can't remember the team that had one person do pretty much every RB that caused the creation of the rule.
Old 04-16-12, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
I think there is a rule. You'll hear some teams saying "you have to do this one" or something like that. They put that rule in a few years ago but I can't remember the team that had one person do pretty much every RB that caused the creation of the rule.
It has varied in the past few seasons. Sometimes an even split, and sometimes there's been a max of 7 for one person. One of the seasons had a rule of no more than 5 before the final leg.
Old 04-16-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
It got really bad in Season 5 when in the top 3 teams, the men did 8 or 9 of the roadblocks and the women on their teams did 1. The bowling moms who came in 4th had to split their roadblocks evenly and one of the teams managed to overtake them in the final 4 because of a very physical mountain climb roadblock.
Old 04-16-12, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't it the "Flo" rule?
Old 04-16-12, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They should have medical available to tape it up and give him some anti-inflammatories...
They have medical available but only for emergencies. Like when that mom passed out.
Old 04-16-12, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll miss Jaime, she was very cute. Kinda reminded me of Jenna Elfman.
Old 04-16-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Nice to see the Feds gone. They were annoying the shit out of me with their hide-our-occupation nonsense. Like anyone cares. It's not like you impressed at any point.
They haven't mentioned it in the show, but J&N were only hiding their occupation from Art & JJ, Ralph & Vanessa, and Rachel & Dave.

They told Mark & Bopper and Brendon & Rachel that they were federal agents, and those three teams also had an alliance. You can sort of pick up on this when Rachel told them that they U-Turned Ralph & Vanessa.

There's an interview on youtube where they explain this.
Old 04-16-12, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

They haven't mentioned it in the show, but J&N were only hiding their occupation from Art & JJ, Ralph & Vanessa, and Rachel & Dave.

They told Mark & Bopper and Brendon & Rachel that they were federal agents, and those three teams also had an alliance. You can sort of pick up on this when Rachel told them that they U-Turned Ralph & Vanessa.

There's an interview on youtube where they explain this.
That's an interview I have no interest in seeing. So stupid. This game ain't Survivor. They were a crappy team, and it was evident given their placements, so who gives a shit what their occupation is. They're probably paper-pushers anyhow.
Old 04-16-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Huge egos. They take competition to such a personal extreme that they come off looking like two twats.
Old 04-16-12, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

The Double U-Turn was pretty worthless;
What I'd like to see is someone use the double u-turn strategically. Like, for example, one team U-turns Big Brother, and then another team knowingly U-turns a team that has already passed the U-Turn so that Big Brother can't use the second u-turn. Basically turning it into a single U-turn.

BTW, does anyone know why Big Brother is sometimes called "Green Team"?

Yeah, I didn't understand the hate for them earlier in this season, but the last couple episodes, they've been real dicks. I still respect their strength as a team, but I don't like them anymore. Kentucky, on the other hand, annoyed me in the beginning, but now I like them for their genuineness.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.