Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

GoHastings Customer Service sucks

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order close to 2 months ago and 3 of the items were wrong. They sent me a label to mail them back and I'm still waiting to be credited. It was only around $10 but I thought I'd warn others that they aren't like they used to be. Anyone else having problems?
Old 04-10-12, 04:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: GoHastings Customer Service sucks

I got an incorrect used DVD twice from them in the last 6 months. One time, it was the wrong title and the other time was an obvious bootleg. I did not have to ship them back. They let me keep them and they credited my credit card. They were both around $1.50 each though.
Old 04-10-12, 04:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please contact our customer service at 877-427-8464.

Thank you
Old 04-10-12, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by goHastingsCS
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please contact our customer service at 877-427-8464.

Thank you
I called last week and it wasn't helpful. I've emailed 3 times now and get the "We do apologize for any inconvenience. Our system does not indicate that we have received these items back yet. You should receive a further email once they are received and a refund is issued." All this trouble over $10.58.
Y'all really need to have tracking on your return labels like AMAZON does.
Old 04-16-12, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's unfortunate you've had such a negative experience. Every time I've been shipped the wrong item or a bootleg, they've just sent me a quick refund for the item amount + shipping, usually within a day or two. My experience with them has been great, even recently, I would give them one more call.
Old 04-16-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I've ordered many times from goHastings in the past. As someone else indicated, the only time I received something in error, they simply credited my account and didn't require me to send it back.
Old 06-02-12, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Hope you finally got your refund from them. I've had my own share of headaches dealing with this company in the past. In fact, this exact issue happened to me several times. It's difficult to believe that more than three of my returns got lost in the mail. I feel there must be a serious organization problem within that they need to get sorted out. From my experience, if you don't get a refund within three weeks, it's probably not coming. I e-mailed them last fall about three returns (after waiting 6-8 weeks for the refunds) and was credited for them immediately.

The last couple returns were handled in a manner similar to yours. I was told by e-mail they had not been received and to call if I wanted to speak to someone about it. Called and was told the same thing: the system had not been updated with the returns and I should keep waiting because they might have been misplaced. The phone rep wasn't the least bit apologetic and her tone made it seem like my call was an inconvenience (or that she thought I was full of shit). This made me suspect they had flagged my account after the previous refunds were issued. I'll admit, my number of returns probably looked suspicious -- only because their staff is incapable of telling the difference between a movie with the same title or a two-disc vs. single disc. As a rule, don't buy a title from them if there are multiple editions on the market. This company will almost always send you the wrong one. The defective rate of their PV product on DVD was also unusually high. I received several titles that were so damaged they should have gone in the trash instead of being resold to customers.

After that call, I simply disputed the charges with my credit card company. As you mentioned, it's difficult to prove the returns were ever received due to the mailing labels having no tracking info, but I didn't know how else to proceed at that point. I also informed Hastings of the disputes by e-mail and they wrote back apologizing and telling me the orders would be submitted for refunds. At least I was spared the hassle of providing documentation to dispute two

Last edited by joe_b; 06-02-12 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-02-12, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I will still order from them on occasion, but I hold my breath on used items. Their inventory system is a complete mess and they will often incorrectly make mistakes on filling used items. I've yet to receive a used DVD from them in excellent condition, most often they are heavily scratched.
Old 06-03-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joe_b
Hope you finally got your refund from them.
Yeah, I actually got it refunded on May 22 after almost 10 emails. I sent them this email: I was checking to see if you have received my 3 incorrect items back yet? I returned them nearly 3 months ago on March 1 and haven't received credit yet. I guess I'm not going to see my $10.58. If I knew that, I would have not fooled with sending the stuff back. Thanks for nothing...
Old 06-08-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I figured out that they use the same inventory for selling stuff at Amazon and ebay. On a couple OOP items, I ordered from them at both sites because I was getting burned on orders getting cancelled. Sure enough, at least 3 times I ordered the same DVD, one after the other from both sites, they'd cancel the ebay one and the Amazon order would ship.
Old 06-08-12, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^I'd bet they're getting just a bit more from the Amazon sale and that's why the eBay one gets cancelled.

I've been fighting a refund they supposedly issued 3 months ago that's *never* shown up on my CC statement. They're saying I need to call with the CC# before they can do anything or check on it. All I asked for was a confirmation # on the refund (which they *should* be able to easily provide) so I could have the bank check on/trace it. Their "proof" was nothing more than a email indicating the date and amount of the credit back.