The Finder

Unknown:
The Cleveland Show

Raul3
04-09-12, 02:21 PM
Fringe please!!!

RichC2
04-09-12, 02:45 PM
Alcatraz and Breaking In are almost guaranteed to be gone.

Touch is likely to be renewed.

The Finder is probably gone (shame, I like it, belongs on USA tho)

Fringe is as up in the air as it gets since it got renewed on shitty ratings in the past.

superdeluxe
04-09-12, 02:47 PM
Does Fringe have enough episodes in the can for syndication? Wasn't that the justification in the past to keep it around one more year?

redrum
04-09-12, 02:48 PM
please just one last 13 episode season for Fringe

DJariya
04-09-12, 02:54 PM
Does Fringe have enough episodes in the can for syndication? Wasn't that the justification in the past to keep it around one more year?

FOX could care less about it's syndication value. They don't own the show.

The sticking point right now from what I've heard is getting the show in a budget range where it's not bleeding too much money for FOX.

RobLutter
04-09-12, 02:59 PM
Fringe's ratings suck... but they actually do okay for a Friday, at least last time I checked.

whoopdido
04-09-12, 03:07 PM
So Alcatraz is almost certainly a goner?

Just another reason for me to NOT invest time in new shows. The only two shows I even watched this year were Alcatraz and The River and now it seems like both will be gone. The last show I watched right from the start that I really enjoyed was the Sarah Conner Chronicles and that got the ax after season 2 and that pissed me off too.

I was interested in Touch but didn't start watching it. Same with Awake. I have some episodes of Awake on my Tivo still. By the way, I know this is a FOX thread, but how did Awake do? Should I just skip that too? If it has no chance of coming back, I'm not even going to bother. I had a few episodes of The Firm saved up, but once I found out it had a death sentence, I just deleted them.

edit: Nevermind. I just used my Google skills and apparently Awake is a "certain cancellation"

madcougar
04-09-12, 03:23 PM

Just another reason for me to NOT invest time in new shows. The only two shows I even watched this year were Alcatraz and The River and now it seems like both will be gone. The last show I watched right from the start that I really enjoyed was the Sarah Conner Chronicles and that got the ax after season 2 and that pissed me off too.

I was interested in Touch but didn't start watching it. Same with Awake. I have some episodes of Awake on my Tivo still. By the way, I know this is a FOX thread, but how did Awake do? Should I just skip that too? If it has no chance of coming back, I'm not even going to bother. I had a few episodes of The Firm saved up, but once I found out it had a death sentence, I just deleted them.

edit: Nevermind. I just used my Google skills and apparently Awake is a "certain cancellation"

It sounds like it's been couple of really tough years for you. I will keep you in my prayers brother. Remember that Christ is there for you to lean on in difficult times.

B.A.
04-09-12, 03:34 PM
Fringe please!!!I concur w/ these sentiments.

Anubis2005X
04-09-12, 03:37 PM
Love me some Fringe. Rarely is there a show that goes so balls-to-the-wall sci-fi and doesn't give an F if you can't follow along...

Josh-da-man
04-09-12, 03:52 PM

I don't think syndication is much of a concern these days; especially for a serialized science fiction series like Fringe.

The most it can probably hope for is a run on TNT in the morning before "Charmed" re-runs, or a brief stint on BBC America or SyFy.

barelypure
04-09-12, 03:53 PM
Of that list I watch Fringe and Alcatraz. I wouldn't miss Alcatraz at all. And while Fringe is engaging if they were able to wrap it up this season I could live without it as well.

Michael Corvin
04-09-12, 04:00 PM
Fringe!

And while Fringe is engaging if they were able to wrap it up this season I could live without it as well.

That's not possible given that they're done filming this season.

atxbomber
04-09-12, 04:07 PM
Fringe!

That's not possible given that they're done filming this season.

I'm sure they structured the season finale so that it could serve as a series finale if need be.

Geofferson
04-09-12, 04:08 PM
Glad to see Raising Hope was renewed. A 13-episode final season of Fringe would be great. I don't watch the other shows.

Double_Oh_7
04-09-12, 04:25 PM

Syndication value for a one hour drama, especially a SCI-FI drama, is almost nothing. Sitcoms are where its at in syndication.

chowderhead
04-09-12, 04:39 PM
FOX could care less about it's syndication value. They don't own the show.

The sticking point right now from what I've heard is getting the show in a budget range where it's not bleeding too much money for FOX.

WB owns Fringe and cares about syndication. Apparently, WB cut a deal last year to take on a lot of the production cost in order to try and get this to syndication. This is a year 4 show and still no syndication deal. The ratings are dismal. It is getting 3 million viewers and 1 demos. Repeats of that angry chef from England gets about the same in demos. Just cancel this show already.

windom
04-09-12, 05:23 PM
So if no one is watching Fringe first run, who is gonna buy the syndication rights for it? SyFy maybe? Or even BBCAmerica...I don't see many other options. Didn't they want to get Chuck to a fifth season for the same reason? I haven't heard anything about a syndication deal for Chuck.

superdeluxe
04-09-12, 05:38 PM

Why don't you watch Touch then? It looks like its going to stick around

DJariya
04-09-12, 05:48 PM
If noone has been paying attention to Touch's ratings, it's pretty much a lock for a 2nd season. That's pretty much why the 24 feature film has been postponed.

:lol: So noone is jumping for joy that Glee got a 4th season (Senior year?)

I'm glad that Raising Hope is coming back even though it's ratings haven't been that good this season.

Noone should be surprised that New Girl is coming back.

Moopher
04-09-12, 06:08 PM
Hope Fringe get's one more season, but the writer's are amazing, so I'm sure they could wrap it up this season if need be.

I really enjoy New Girl and Raising Hope, so that's awesome.

arminius
04-09-12, 06:24 PM
Reinforcing mediocrity. I know Alcatraz was flawed but I thought it had potential. Won't be watching the others on the list.

My Other Self
04-09-12, 09:14 PM
Alcatraz is the only new scripted show I got in to this season. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled.

dgmayor
04-10-12, 01:17 PM
Happy about New Girl, hoping for Fringe and Alcatraz. Rest I could care less about.

SteveA
04-10-12, 03:40 PM
When you go out of town for a week or two, and come back to a DVR that's 80% full, and have to decide what shows to watch first, it really clarifies your thoughts about which shows are your favorites. For me, Fringe is clearly my favorite show that's currently airing. It was the first thing I watched when I got back. Mad Men and Game of Thrones are up there too, but Fringe is numero uno. So I sure hope it gets another season.

On the other hand, I've got a bunch of GCBs and Vampire Diaries and other stuff that I've learned I may just be able to live without.

madcougar
04-10-12, 04:24 PM
When you go out of town for a week or two, and come back to a DVR that's 80% full, and have to decide what shows to watch first, it really clarifies your thoughts about which shows are your favorites.

Or when you're forced to delete stuff. That's also a pretty good indicator of the stuff you can live without.

dex14
04-10-12, 05:46 PM
When you go out of town for a week or two, and come back to a DVR that's 80% full, and have to decide what shows to watch first, it really clarifies your thoughts about which shows are your favorites.

This happens to me alot....latest to fall... Awake

Flatlander
04-10-12, 05:59 PM
Not sure if it will help but it looks like Fringe got fan favorite drama on TV guide. I hope we get one more season. Fox sent out a survey that is usually tied to American Idol but the last time it was all about Fringe. Hopefully enough people in the survey responded positively. I love New girl and Raising Hope was renewed and if Fringe can make it back would be Awesome.

I really enjoy The Finder but as someone said it is more of a USA network type of show. Still hoping though.

Abob Teff
04-10-12, 11:39 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/fox-renews-glee-new-girl-and-raising-hope/

Glee
New Girl
Raising Hope
Bones (Previously announced)

Undecided:

Fringe
Alcatraz
Breaking In
Touch
The Finder

And I've watched exactly ... NONE of those. Never seen a single episode. The only Fox show I was watching already got the axe (Terra Nova). That's OK ... leaves me with just Mad Men and Walking Dead (when it returns), and the occasional (although rare now) episode of Castle.

I don't watch much TV when it runs. I typically wait for the DVD/Blu Ray, and even then I may wait a few seasons. Like whoopdido, I don't want to invest my time into something if there is no payoff (although series finales seem to pretty well suck anymore).

Michael Corvin
04-10-12, 11:51 PM
And I've watched exactly ... NONE of those.

You're missing out. Listen to everyone posting in the thread... Fringe.

RobLutter
04-10-12, 11:54 PM
Even though I love Fringe... they should put it out of its misery and plan an ending before it's too late.

Lastdaysofrain
04-11-12, 08:27 AM
Even though I love Fringe... they should put it out of its misery and plan an ending before it's too late.

It is too late, they've most likely had the rest of the season filmed for a couple of weeks now.

LPMA
04-11-12, 08:49 AM
It is too late, they've most likely had the rest of the season filmed for a couple of weeks now.

I'm really REALLY hoping for a final 13 episode order or something in order to wrap things up.

roger_d
04-11-12, 09:48 AM
Another vote here for Fringe, its my favorite show on fox. I hope we get one last season and they end it well.

superdeluxe
04-11-12, 10:13 AM
And I've watched exactly ... NONE of those. Never seen a single episode. The only Fox show I was watching already got the axe (Terra Nova). That's OK ... leaves me with just Mad Men and Walking Dead (when it returns), and the occasional (although rare now) episode of Castle.

I don't watch much TV when it runs. I typically wait for the DVD/Blu Ray, and even then I may wait a few seasons. Like whoopdido, I don't want to invest my time into something if there is no payoff (although series finales seem to pretty well suck anymore).

New Girl is the one of the funniest shows out there.

DJariya
04-11-12, 10:17 AM

:thumbsup: It was a pleasant surprise for me. I know a few posters here bailed early on because they didn't have the patience for the show to find it's footing and it did. Comedies take time to find themselves, especially in season 1.

whoopdido
04-11-12, 01:33 PM
:thumbsup: It was a pleasant surprise for me. I know a few posters here bailed early on because they didn't have the patience for the show to find it's footing and it did. Comedies take time to find themselves, especially in season 1.

My buddy and his fiance love The New Girl. I watched 2 episodes and chuckled a few times. That goofy guy is pretty funny. About the only thing I remember was him being afraid of the cat on the roof. Other than that, I was pretty bored. The other 2 dudes are completely uselss and there are few things in the world that I find more annoying than weird/hipster/free spirit chicks, which describes Zooey's character...or should I say every character Zooey has ever played.

chuckd21
04-11-12, 01:41 PM
I was going to say FRINGE! like everyone else. But they've hit the reset button so many times on that show that there's really nothing to "wrap up". They can just say "WHAMMO! APOCALYPSE GREEN COLOR!" and it would make about as much sense as anything else at this point.

madcougar
04-11-12, 02:34 PM

Agreed. I'm embarrassed how much I like it.

RichC2
04-11-12, 02:48 PM
My buddy and his fiance love The New Girl. I watched 2 episodes and chuckled a few times. That goofy guy is pretty funny. About the only thing I remember was him being afraid of the cat on the roof. Other than that, I was pretty bored. The other 2 dudes are completely uselss and there are few things in the world that I find more annoying than weird/hipster/free spirit chicks, which describes Zooey's character...or should I say every character Zooey has ever played.

They toned her down and gave the guys personality over the course of the season, curious to see how S2 is with all the hiccups out of the way. She's also hot.

...that said SNL has her characters, in general, downpat.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/BP32Jkldro2aPutip-5COQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/BP32Jkldro2aPutip-5COQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

whoopdido
04-11-12, 03:22 PM
They toned her down and gave the guys personality over the course of the season, curious to see how S2 is with all the hiccups out of the way. She's also hot.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/BP32Jkldro2aPutip-5COQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/BP32Jkldro2aPutip-5COQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Maybe I'll give it another shot. Yeah, she's definiitely hot. The other girl...CeeCee is her name right? Anyway, she's smokin.

superdeluxe
04-11-12, 05:00 PM

Yeah..they've definitely turned down the crazy on Jess...and it lets guys like Scmidt stand out more.

Not saying this show is firing on all cylinders 100% of the time, but even when the show misfires at times, still get a ton of laughs compared to most things on tv.

TerryW
04-11-12, 06:50 PM
I have a feeling they've shot two different endings for Fringe depending on whether or not they get picked up for the final 13. There would be no way to have an ending that could be definitive AND open-ended. They're just waiting for the word so the editor can slip in that final scene. Just my opinion.

I hope Alcatraz is back but I don't think it has a chance.

Happy about New Girl and Raising Hope.

Navinabob
04-11-12, 07:46 PM
Yeah..they've definitely turned down the crazy on Jess...and it lets guys like Scmidt stand out more.

Not saying this show is firing on all cylinders 100% of the time, but even when the show misfires at times, still get a ton of laughs compared to most things on tv.

Yeah, I noticed in the episode last week she was barely there. They really put the supporting cast on equal footing. Reminds me of How I Met Your Mother in the sense where Ted isn't really the central figure of the show anymore.

Superman07
04-11-12, 08:05 PM
I hope Fringe gets a 13 episode 5th season. Producers have said from Day 0 that it was a 5 year plan. Whereas shows like Lost or Smallville failed in that regard, everything the producers have done has left my trust in them intact.

Josh-da-man
04-11-12, 10:16 PM
I hope Fringe gets a 13 episode 5th season. Producers have said from Day 0 that it was a 5 year plan. Whereas shows like Lost or Smallville failed in that regard, everything the producers have done has left my trust in them intact.

I think they said six years, but they sort of backtracked on that and it was never a hard and fast plan.

DJariya
04-11-12, 10:21 PM
Breaking In was unofficially cancelled. All episodes pulled.

rw2516
04-12-12, 10:10 AM

Our local Fox affilate has been showing the previous year's episodes late night on weekends. When Stargate SG-1 was still on Showtime a local broadcast channel was airing the previous season.

chuckd21
04-12-12, 12:19 PM
Breaking In was unofficially cancelled. All episodes pulled.

I still don't understand the decision that saved that show from its initial cancellation. I enjoyed it and all, but it was nothing worth canceling and then resurrecting, only to kill it again immediately.

Xander
04-12-12, 02:34 PM
New Girl is definitely my "most improved from the beginning of the season" show. Really enjoying it now.

I've heard nothing but good things about Raising Hope, so I might try to get caught up on that over the summer...

Lone Wolf
04-12-12, 07:33 PM
I still don't understand the decision that saved that show from its initial cancellation. I enjoyed it and all, but it was nothing worth canceling and then resurrecting, only to kill it again immediately.

Adding a new female boss worked for Human Target, why wouldn't it work here.

Michael Corvin
04-12-12, 09:52 PM
Adding a new female boss worked for Human Target, why wouldn't it work here.

Sarcasm?

The female boss is the reason Human Target went in the toilet.

Deftones
04-12-12, 10:41 PM
yeah, that was pretty much a sarcastic post. :lol:

GreenMonkey
04-13-12, 05:06 PM
Still hoping we get a final season of Fringe. Still the most interesting and original show on TV. There's not much else on TV I'm huge on these days.

I love Breaking Bad and all, but it has been really nice to have an awesome Sci-Fi show. And by Sci-fi, I don't mean shit blowing up and boobs and cheezy special effects like the Syfy channel thinks Sci-fi is.

DJariya
05-09-12, 10:05 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/09/fox-touch-renewed/

Update:

Kiefer Sutherland's show "Touch" got renewed for a 2nd season. Looks like the 24 movie's shooting is officially postponed until Spring 2013.

Alcatraz unfortunately got the axe....:( RIP Rebecca Madsen.

Updated my OP with what's cancelled and what is coming back.

DJariya
05-09-12, 10:10 PM
http://tvline.com/2012/05/09/alcatraz-cancelled-the-finder/

The Bones spinoff "The Finder" also got the axe. As RichC2 said recently, it was probably better suited for USA considering how quirky it was.

My Other Self
05-09-12, 11:04 PM
Alcatraz is gone? Fuck.

Well, all I have left on Fox besides their summer Gordon Ramsay fare is The Simpsons.

EdTheRipper
05-09-12, 11:04 PM
Too bad about Alcatraz. I really liked it.

DJariya
05-09-12, 11:09 PM
Too bad about Alcatraz. I really liked it.

Yeah me too, but if it was between that and a 5th season of Fringe, which we got, I'd rather have Fringe.

Too bad that it ended on an unresolved cliffhanger.

My Other Self
05-09-12, 11:13 PM
Too bad that it ended on an unresolved cliffhanger.I always give serialized shows at least a full season and then wait for a renewal notice before I dive in, but I was so intrigued by the concept of Alcatraz that I dived in from the get. Now it ends, and that's that. Last time I go against the grain.

Any chance of another network picking it up?

DJariya
05-09-12, 11:17 PM
I always give serialized shows at least a full season and then wait for a renewal notice before I dive in, but I was so intrigued by the concept of Alcatraz that I dived in from the get. Now it ends, and that's that. Last time I go against the grain.

Any chance of another network picking it up?

Pretty much zero

For the record, Alcatraz wasn't really serialized. It was more procedural. The arc that it did have about Rebecca's grandfather was always at the backdrop of each episode.

I always take the risk whether or not the season ends with some sort of satisfaction. Plus, I don't have enough DVR space to save 60+ hours of serialized shows (say 3 shows) and wait until May if it gets another season.

My Other Self
05-09-12, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I take back serialized. Procedurals, or whatever genre, it's just hard for me to get invested in them unless I know they'll last.

I don't have a DVR so I'll pick up a DVD set or find them streaming and catch up if the concept is interesting enough for me.

Too much time wasted to invest in characters and a show in general if I'll be left in the dust. That, and dramas have absolutely no replay value for me so I'd rather not waste my time.

PhantomStranger
05-10-12, 12:27 AM
Alcatraz perished so we could have another season of Fringe. I thank Alcatraz for its noble death.

Gizmo
05-10-12, 01:47 AM
Alcatraz perished so we could have another season of Fringe. I thank Alcatraz for its noble death.

Ugh no. Fox wouldn't shift Alcatraz to Friday Nights after 13 episodes. It would be dead. Zero point to renew.

Fringe played no role in any show being canceled. It's cheap filler.

Scorpio
05-10-12, 02:27 AM
Pity about The Finder, but I guess I can blame dumbfuck America for that, seeming as how it isn't a straight up cop, doctor, lawyer, dance competition.

RocShemp
05-10-12, 08:53 AM
Shame about Alcatraz. It had issues but I liked it overall.

RichC2
05-10-12, 08:58 AM
http://tvline.com/2012/05/09/alcatraz-cancelled-the-finder/

The Bones spinoff "The Finder" also got the axe. As RichC2 said recently, it was probably better suited for USA considering how quirky it was.

It would have thrived paired up with essentially anything on USA, but it's sort of an odd duck on Fox, unless it were paired up with New Girl and Raising Hope in place of Glee. But that's all in the past now.

Fox has some decent programming in spots, they just need to tie it together better.

Geofferson
05-10-12, 11:19 AM
No remorse on my decision to bail on Alcatraz midway through the season. Wasn't hooked and didn't expect it to return anyway.

RobLutter
05-10-12, 11:51 AM
The Finder was basically the sterilized OTA version of Terriers. It's less fun version of a show that got cancelled after its' first season.

I'm surprised Bones fans abandoned it. Even my girlfriend who watches Bones religiously over... and over... and over. She did not watch.

I do think it would have done better on USA. Pair it up with Burn Notice.

Noonan
05-10-12, 11:55 AM
Sucks about The Finder. That turned into one of my most anticipated shows this season.

RichC2
05-10-12, 01:10 PM
The Finder was basically the sterilized OTA version of Terriers. It's less fun version of a show that got cancelled after its' first season.

I'm surprised Bones fans abandoned it. Even my girlfriend who watches Bones religiously over... and over... and over. She did not watch.

I do think it would have done better on USA. Pair it up with Burn Notice.

It had a similar vibe to Terriers (which was much better) but Terriers was way less goofy and darker. FX vs. USA there I suppose.

Gunde
05-10-12, 01:18 PM
Too bad about The Finder. Quirky just doesn't work on American network TV (According to Nielsen).

windom
05-10-12, 01:36 PM
FOX has officially cancelled "I Hate My Teenage Daughter" and "Breaking In" (again).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-cancels-breaking-in-teenage-daughter-322832

So are the only remaining FOX shows with an unknown fate "Bob's Burgers" and "Napoleon Dynamite"?

argh923
05-10-12, 01:36 PM
Ugh no. Fox wouldn't shift Alcatraz to Friday Nights after 13 episodes. It would be dead. Zero point to renew.

Fringe played no role in any show being canceled. It's cheap filler.

Wrong. It's been wildly reported that it was either Fringe or Alcratraz, and that one of them was getting the boot. FOX didn't want to keep two sci-fi shows with struggling ratings. Renewing Fringe made the decision easy.

windom
05-10-12, 04:13 PM
So are the only remaining FOX shows with an unknown fate "Bob's Burgers" and "Napoleon Dynamite"?

FOX has also given orders for Family Guy and American Dad to run through the 2013-2014 season. They are holding off on a decision for The Cleveland Show for which episodes are currently being made for the 2012-2013 season.

pinata242
05-10-12, 04:52 PM
So I haven't watched but I still have all of Alcatraz saved. Is it even worth watching the 13 episodes or should I just delete them and move on with my life?

TGM
05-10-12, 04:58 PM
Ron Swanson from Parks & Rec as.... anything.

windom
05-10-12, 05:02 PM
Ron Swanson from Parks & Rec as.... anything.

Is P&R moving to FOX?

TGM
05-10-12, 05:04 PM
jesus christ, am I having a stroke? second goof in like 45 seconds on here. I swear I posted that in a different (spinoff wishlist) thread.

superfro
05-10-12, 05:08 PM
jesus christ, am I having a stroke? second goof in like 45 seconds on here.

:lol: You may be. And I'm watching it happen!

Gunde
05-10-12, 05:25 PM
So I haven't watched but I still have all of Alcatraz saved. Is it even worth watching the 13 episodes or should I just delete them and move on with my life?
It never got better than decent and ended without any resolution at all. I say move on.

Deftones
05-10-12, 06:24 PM
FOX has also given orders for Family Guy and American Dad to run through the 2013-2014 season. They are holding off on a decision for The Cleveland Show for which episodes are currently being made for the 2012-2013 season.

But, but GizmoDVD told me a while ago they canceled American Dad! rotfl

argh923
05-10-12, 08:30 PM
You mean he doesn't know everything about TV and isn't always right?!?! Blasphemy!!! :lol:

My Other Self
05-10-12, 10:52 PM
But, but GizmoDVD told me a while ago they canceled American Dad!GizmoDVD tells people a lot of things that are wrong. He's the one who had knowledge of Fox picking up My Name Is Earl. That didn't happen. :lol:

Gooter
05-11-12, 09:55 AM
Alcatraz
Will we ever find out the reason for the time travel and what was going on?

PatD
05-11-12, 10:16 AM
American Dad! is renewed and The Cleveland Show is on the bubble?
There is justice in this world.

Gizmo
05-11-12, 10:18 AM
GizmoDVD tells people a lot of things that are wrong. He's the one who had knowledge of Fox picking up My Name Is Earl. That didn't happen. :lol:

I did? Oh, you're just making shit up.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/552660-my-name-earl-might-jumping-fox.html

This is not an April Fools Joke (at least I don't think DeadlineHollywood would pull this crap).
--------
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...l-jump-to-fox/
Quote:
I'm confirmed that NBC is considering cancelling My Name Is Earl due to low ratings and escalating costs. The 20th Century TV show's producers are resisting the drastically reduced licensing fee they're being offered. So word is that Kevin Reilly could pick up the show, which he originally developed when he was NBC Entertainment prez, for the Fox network, where he is now. Fox's own comedy development is weak, with Boldly Going Nowhere dead and projects like the derivative Cop House a better fit for Comedy Central. But 20th TV needs a few more years of Earl for syndication value. As for NBC, everything is low-rated, even its critical hits like 30 Rock. But I bet if NBC owned the show, it would stay on the air. So maybe the network execs will reconsider if they realize the show may head to a competitor.
------

Interesting. I know ratings have not been great, but NBC has little intentions of renewing Kath & Kim and it looks like Parks and Recreation will likely replace that. So IF they cancel MNIE, what other 30 min sitcom does NBC have to stick there? After what happened to Scrubs (ABC picking it up and ratings increasing) I think the show might still have a year left in it - if only for syndication.

Bingo!

S1 was great
S2 eh
S3 was really bad (Earl in jail for the first half and some moronic 50's sitcom life for the second)
S4 is just as good, if not better, than S1.

Fox wants this show to run at least 1 more season for syndication rights and I'm sure they will make it happen. It could make a good pairing with 'Til Death (which only got picked back up so Sony could sell the syndication rights - even though they still have 15 unaired episodes and the show has not been on air since October).

All a show needs to get to syndication is 65 episodes IIRC. Earl would have already passed that earlier this year (shortened S3).

When did I say I have insider information? I posted a link to Deadline - much like other people around here do when they hear speculation about a fan favorite. I said Fox would make it happen for syndication reasons which typically happens when a show is canceled with only a few more before something lucrative. Scrubs moved networks (though it had plenty in the can but was/is a syndication beast), Ghost Whisper did (didn't work out well as repeats were pulled from Lifetime IIRC), Cougar Town etc. Fox was pretty dumb not to pick it up on one of their cable networks and/or Fox (which had many failed 30 live action minute shows) to eek out a few more episodes. The show is currently in syndication and they would have already been paid back.

It was a no brainer situation. Fox just got stupid. Atleast Sony is smart enough to sell syndication rights for Community already, so the Season 4 pickup was essentially a done deal. They probably gave those to NBC for pennies on the dollar

Shit, how many of the "OMG! X show is going to be saved by Netflix, DirecTV, SyFy posts do we get?

But please - make up some more shit so I can go pull what I said. You didn't even post in that thread. Are you referring to something else? If so, please post.

Deftones
05-11-12, 10:21 AM
You really want me to find the post where you said American Dad was canceled? :lol:

Gizmo
05-11-12, 10:23 AM
You really want me to find the post where you said American Dad was canceled? :lol:

Did I respond to you or mcFly?

American Dad is a ratings loser and Fox only seems to pick it up because everything else they do animated wise fails. They have an entire Season of that show already done and just unaired. It's sad Fox has to continue to go back to a show like that (much like King of the Hill - nearly the same damn situation). It's always "unofficially" canceled until they need more episodes for various reasons. It's not The Simpsons or Family Guy which are megabits. They'll probably even stick with the pathetic Bobs Burgers just because they have nothing else.

Gizmo
05-11-12, 10:28 AM
And here's what I said:

Really messed up schedule. But I can see Fox picking it up as American Dad is in it's last Season (though they had tons of episodes in the can, sorta like King of the hill situation).

No way will Fox continue to substain 3 McFarlane shows (plus more in development!). AD has tons of episodes in the can. If they canceled it today they could easily air until 2013.

I was wrong about it in it's last Season (which I thought it was - I thought Fox had announced it was over but would run for x amount of time because of all the episodes in the can - KotH style).

However it looks like I was right about the Seth comment. As of right now, Cleveland has not been picked up. Fox probably will, but gees, I'm psychic! They even sorta passed on The Flintstones reboot too.

You guys sure do get your panties in a bunch. Go rejoice more in the Fringe thread where everyone thinks Fox saved it because it's just so good :lol:

discostu1337
05-11-12, 10:33 AM
American Dad is the last remaining funny/edgy animated show has on FOX. If they canceled it, I guess I could be completely done with FOX once Fringe is over.

Family Guy hasn't been original or funny in about 4 seasons, and the Cleveland Show was a horrible idea from day one. Simpsons is....the Simpsons, not worth watching religiously, but OK to catch an episode once in a while.

Gizmo
05-11-12, 10:38 AM
American Dad is the last remaining funny/edgy animated show has on FOX. If they canceled it, I guess I could be completely done with FOX once Fringe is over.

Family Guy hasn't been original or funny in about 4 seasons, and the Cleveland Show was a horrible idea from day one. Simpsons is....the Simpsons, not worth watching religiously, but OK to catch an episode once in a while.

Napoleon Dynamite is the only animated show I've watched on Fox in about a decade. Never got into the FG Reboot or anything else. I may have sampled a few (can't think of anything), but that whole night is pretty blah to me.

iggystar
05-11-12, 11:26 AM

Just another reason for me to NOT invest time in new shows. The only two shows I even watched this year were Alcatraz and The River and now it seems like both will be gone.

I'm with you, whoopdido! I got so tired of getting into shows that the networks wouldn't support it took me a long time to get back into scripted, network television. My viewing consisted of cable shows, Discovery/History/Science/Bravo/TLC reality, informative fare. I started to think I was jinxing shows just by watching.

This season: Terra Nova, Whitney, Prime Suspect

Granted the first two shows weren't exactly stellar, but what's the chance of them being replaced by anything innovative or better?

Thank goodness for New Girl.

TheKing
05-12-12, 12:12 AM
I'm not shocked The Finder got canceled, but having just watched the finale, I'm disappointed it won't be back.

What a great episode to end the season. Honestly, if the show had been this good the whole way through it would be coming back. The end was kind of a cliffhanger, but they didn't really leave things unresolved.

riley_dude
05-12-12, 02:22 PM
Alcatraz was so-so.
JJ needs to stop creating shows and then leaving them to do movies.

Gizmo
05-12-12, 02:56 PM
I'm not shocked The Finder got canceled, but having just watched the finale, I'm disappointed it won't be back.

What a great episode to end the season. Honestly, if the show had been this good the whole way through it would be coming back. The end was kind of a cliffhanger, but they didn't really leave things unresolved.

They could resolve it on Bones somehow. Shame it got canceled too as it was far more interesting than Touch, which will likely be dead after its 13 episode Second Season order.

DJariya
05-12-12, 03:54 PM
Alcatraz was so-so.
JJ needs to stop creating shows and then leaving them to do movies.

JJ Abrams didn't create the show. He was just a credited producer. Elizabeth Sarnoff from Lost co-created it.

Pretty much every new show that has JJ's name attached to it means he's only a credited producer. He had no day to day involvement since he's working on movies, Star Trek right now. His name on the show helps get it greenlit.

EdTheRipper
05-12-12, 05:47 PM
Alcatraz
Will we ever find out the reason for the time travel and what was going on?

Probably not. It would be nice to learn where they were planning on going with it though.

Noonan
05-15-12, 10:45 AM
Seth MacFarlane must have been a big fan of The Finder. Anyone watch last night's episode of Cleveland Show?

Moopher
05-17-12, 03:10 PM
Thrilled that Bob's Burgers has been renewed. I cannot get enough of the second season.