Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Why would you do this to your head?

RagingBull80
04-08-12, 03:20 PM
Sorry for the shitty picture, my phone is old. This was just taken at the record store where I work.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4368/120408001.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/120408001.jpg/)

I get tattoos and why people would want them. But why this? This isn't something you can just cover up when you realize it was a mistake.

Anyone here have a crazy head tattoo? Is there anyone here who can make a good case for having a crazy head tattoo?

RunBandoRun
04-08-12, 03:22 PM
Maybe if you're a Maori tribal descendant. :D

Mrs. Danger
04-08-12, 03:24 PM
I dunno. *tilts head* A hat with side flaps would cover it up all right.

shadowhawk2020
04-08-12, 03:32 PM
The real question is: Why wouldn't you do that to your head?

kgrogers1979
04-08-12, 03:32 PM
Even more shocking is that its 2012 and people are still buying music on physical media. :eek:

RagingBull80
04-08-12, 03:40 PM
Even more shocking is that its 2012 and people are still buying music on physical media. :eek:

:(

To be fair, in Oklahoma we just got the internet a few years ago.

Mrs. Danger
04-08-12, 03:51 PM

frikkin hipsters.

Troy Stiffler
04-08-12, 04:10 PM
Is her ear missing? I can't tell from the pic.

RagingBull80
04-08-12, 04:15 PM
Is her ear missing? I can't tell from the pic.

No, she does not need any of Mrs. Danger's fake ears.

RoadToPerdition
04-08-12, 04:46 PM
Is it an anteater?

RagingBull80
04-08-12, 05:02 PM
I couldn't tell what the hell it was. It looked like something that was supposed to look organic and flow and other hippie shit.

adrenaline78
04-08-12, 05:12 PM
yuk.

Anubis2005X
04-08-12, 05:17 PM
Does hair grow back over an area that's been tattooed?

DVD Polizei
04-08-12, 05:24 PM
I couldn't tell what the hell it was. It looked like something that was supposed to look organic and flow and other hippie shit.

She doesn't quite look like a hippy to me. Hippies don't primarily prefer the color BLACK on everything they own.

Osiris3657
04-08-12, 06:00 PM

:lol: yes dude, of course. If she really didn't want anyone to see the tattoo anymore she could just let her hair grow out. Well I noticed the tattoo extends past the area of her head that would have hair so she'd still have it peaking out.

sherm42
04-08-12, 06:02 PM
Daddy didn't love her. Or, daddy loved her too much.

Numanoid
04-08-12, 06:05 PM
Daddy didn't love her. Or, daddy loved her too much.Bingo

RagingBull80
04-08-12, 06:30 PM
She doesn't quite look like a hippy to me. Hippies don't primarily prefer the color BLACK on everything they own.

The picture is deceiving because it was only her purse that was black. Her tank-top was a tan-ish color. She also had tattoos all over her legs, neck and arms and she had one of those piercings in the middle of her chest.

Also, it appears she has large breasts in the picture, that too is deceiving.

My Other Self
04-08-12, 07:06 PM
Kind of looks like Danielle from American Pickers.

whoopdido
04-08-12, 07:07 PM
So in all seriousness where do people like that work? I know I would never hire somebody that looked like that. Obviously a white collar executive type job is out. I'd have to believe a service job would be out as well. I can't imagine too many bars or restaurants would hire somebody like that to be a bartender or server. I own bars and restaurants and would never hire somebody that looked like that. So what's left?

antspawn
04-08-12, 07:13 PM
Tattoos on heads and necks is horrible.

Though I must say I think flames or tribal lines on the head on big guys is kinda cool. An example is Bam Bam Bigelow (rip).

adrenaline78
04-08-12, 07:14 PM
She could be in the circus!

The Cow
04-08-12, 07:16 PM
Perhaps she is in a band.

TomOpus
04-08-12, 07:19 PM
So in all seriousness where do people like that work?She probably works in a tattoo shop.

whoopdido
04-08-12, 07:23 PM
She probably works in a tattoo shop.

I guess now that I think about it, there are plenty of hippy/alternative places where she would fit right in. Tattoo parlors, piercing places, bead stores and crap like that. Even most music stores are kind of on the fringe ya know. I suppose there are plenty of places where alternative people can earn a living and those places would never dream of hiring somebody that looks like me.

movieguru
04-08-12, 07:33 PM
So in all seriousness where do people like that work? I know I would never hire somebody that looked like that. Obviously a white collar executive type job is out. I'd have to believe a service job would be out as well. I can't imagine too many bars or restaurants would hire somebody like that to be a bartender or server. I own bars and restaurants and would never hire somebody that looked like that. So what's left?

At one point it seemed to be a requirement to have these tattoos and other weird piercings to even be considered employable at music places like Tower Records.

sherm42
04-08-12, 08:03 PM
At one point it seemed to be a requirement to have these tattoos and other weird piercings to even be considered employable at music places like Tower Records.

That reminds me of a line from Sports Night when Jeremy is making fun of people who go to New York trendy night clubs where he asks "Where do all these people work during the day? They can't all work at Tower Records."

Troy Stiffler
04-08-12, 09:11 PM
No, she does not need any of Mrs. Danger's fake ears.

I still can't see her ear in that pic. I just see some sort of quarter-moon red tattoo looking thing. But I'll take your word for it.

In visually decyphering the blurry photo, I've come to a conclusion. She's really cute.

Just think of fucking crazy it would be if you found a photo of yourself on an internet forum. But I guess with a tattoo like that, you're asking for attention.

DVD Polizei
04-08-12, 09:19 PM
She probably works in a tattoo shop.

Or a mortuary.

Troy Stiffler
04-08-12, 09:20 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

collven
04-09-12, 12:09 AM
I have some family in Austin, and, while I would love to live there, the overwhelming number of hipsters there drives me crazy. Everywhere you look, you just want to smack someone upside the head and tell them, no, you're not as cool as you think you are.

grundle
04-09-12, 12:51 AM

On her Facebook page, she says she earns a living by shoplifting records and selling them on eBay.

Kurtie Dee
04-09-12, 01:01 AM
Also, it appears she has large breasts in the picture, that too is deceiving.

Large breasts? Not guilty!

Troy Stiffler
04-09-12, 01:19 AM
I have some family in Austin, and, while I would love to live there, the overwhelming number of hipsters there drives me crazy. Everywhere you look, you just want to smack someone upside the head and tell them, no, you're not as cool as you think you are.

Everyone is only as cool as they feel in the moment. It's all about perception and who you can fool.

Wazootyman
04-09-12, 03:16 AM
I work at Target, they are surprisingly liberal with who they hire. People who, while they're interviewing have full sleeve tattoos, mohawks, etc. Occasionally some of the customers get offended by it, but the managers are pretty cool about protecting the team.

As for the girl in the picture... isn't the pretty easy to cover up, you know, with hair?

Mabuse
04-09-12, 04:42 PM
I was at the grocery store recently and saw the peculiar site of a slim mother in her 30's pushing her 3 year old son in one of those shopping cart that looks like a race car. She was easily 8 months pregnant, maybe 9, she looked ready to pop. And she's got both arms fully sleeved and one of those extravagent tatoos across her chest and tits.

Maybe she used to tour with Rage Against the Machine, maybe she used to be a Suicide Girl, but now she's got a 3 year old and another on the way, a race car shopping cart, and she's stocking up on Lunchables at the Vons in Costa Mesa. Boy did her life change direction.

mhg83
04-09-12, 04:51 PM
I work at Target, they are surprisingly liberal with who they hire. People who, while they're interviewing have full sleeve tattoos, mohawks, etc. Occasionally some of the customers get offended by it, but the managers are pretty cool about protecting the team.

As for the girl in the picture... isn't the pretty easy to cover up, you know, with hair?

What's their to be offended by? Unless there's some vulgar phrase tattooed or shaved on their body i see nothing wrong with it.

mndtrp
04-09-12, 07:15 PM
What's their to be offended by? Unless there's some vulgar phrase tattooed or shaved on their body i see nothing wrong with it.

Have you ever met anyone over the age of 60? Or any uptight parents that shelter their children?

DVD Polizei
04-09-12, 07:55 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Definitely. As we care very much for Zombies. :up:

DVD Polizei
04-09-12, 08:00 PM
I was at the grocery store recently and saw the peculiar site of a slim mother in her 30's pushing her 3 year old son in one of those shopping cart that looks like a race car. She was easily 8 months pregnant, maybe 9, she looked ready to pop. And she's got both arms fully sleeved and one of those extravagent tatoos across her chest and tits.

Maybe she used to tour with Rage Against the Machine, maybe she used to be a Suicide Girl, but now she's got a 3 year old and another on the way, a race car shopping cart, and she's stocking up on Lunchables at the Vons in Costa Mesa. Boy did her life change direction.

It's the new Bumper Sticker of the 21st Century.

Why put stickers on their cars--well, they probably can't afford one anyway--when you can just ink-up at your local whatever and put a Facebook Quote on the skin and be controversial.

It's also a pseudo-tribal way to display your "Quests & Conquerings" to your friends at the local brew or gym, and marvel at the colors and blah blah blah.

Problem. Is. That everyone and their idiot 12-year old has tats these days, so it's hardly controversial.

It's just annoying as hell.

Seems to me a person is more controversial and rebellious if the refuse to tattoo their body.

TimeandTide
04-10-12, 10:52 AM

I dated (briefly) a woman who had head and neck tattoos who works as a hair stylist and make-up stylist (beauty and film special effects).

Believe it or not, not everyone wants to be a white collar-type or a server in your bar.

Mabuse
04-10-12, 11:11 AM
I dated (briefly) a woman who had head and neck tattoos who works as a hair stylist and make-up stylist (beauty and film special effects).

Believe it or not, not everyone wants to be a white collar-type or a server in your bar.

You are right. There is no doubt there are jobs for these people. But they certainly limit themselves to certain occupations when they make the decision to get these kinds of tattoos.

They set themselves up to be limited in a lot of ways. The woman in my example would fit right in at an art show, film set, or record store, but at the Costa Mesa Vons pushing a race car shopping cart and 9 months pregnant she looked as out of place as someone in a Halloween costume in July. I wonder how she looks when she picks that kid up from pre-school? I'd say the other parents are probably split 50-50. Half are repulsed and the other half are tolerant but think she's a fucking tool.

Nick Danger
04-10-12, 11:15 AM
Have you ever met anyone over the age of 60? Or any uptight parents that shelter their children?

For people over 60, tattoos were unattractive in their youth. The only tattoos I saw when I was a kid were on older men who had been in the Navy in the Pacific theater during WWII.

In forty or fifty years the fashion pendulum will swing the other way again, and all those tattoos that people are proud of today will look old-fashioned and dorky to anyone under 30.

Rockmjd23
04-10-12, 11:33 AM
Tattoos, while ugly on women, are a benefit to us men. It lets us know if they are easy are not. Yes, all women with tattoos are easy. All of them.

Shazam
04-10-12, 12:22 PM
You are right. There is no doubt there are jobs for these people. But they certainly limit themselves to certain occupations when they make the decision to get these kinds of tattoos.

They set themselves up to be limited in a lot of ways. The woman in my example would fit right in at an art show, film set, or record store, but at the Costa Mesa Vons pushing a race car shopping cart and 9 months pregnant she looked as out of place as someone in a Halloween costume in July. I wonder how she looks when she picks that kid up from pre-school? I'd say the other parents are probably split 50-50. Half are repulsed and the other half are tolerant but think she's a fucking tool.
Actually most of the husbands are wondering if she'll do a threesome.

nando820
04-10-12, 12:59 PM
u people talk as if they are ALiens of some sort, where do they hide during the day? its just tattoos. As long as they don't do direct customer service (for the possible prudes out there) I don't see why they couldn't do other stuff :shrug:

Wazootyman
04-10-12, 01:19 PM

Bingo. They tend to make passive aggressive comments about how they'd never let their kids do something like that. I respond the only way possible with "Oh."

Navinabob
04-10-12, 01:28 PM
Well, she's infinitely more suited to a work environment then this guy:

A little NSFW

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2012/02/tumblr_lz7ex72DVG1qbwn05o1_500.jpg

The Cow
04-10-12, 01:46 PM
^^ Looks like drawn with a sharpie or photoshopped.

cpgator
04-10-12, 01:50 PM
Bingo. They tend to make passive aggressive comments about how they'd never let their kids do something like that. I respond the only way possible with "Oh."

Stupid parents. A responsible parents should be encouraging their kids get face tattoos! It'll get them a head start in the world.

Mabuse
04-10-12, 01:54 PM
Stupid parents. A responsible parents should be encouraging their kids get face tattoos! It'll get them a head start in the world.Exactly.

The real passive aggressive people are the people who do these aggressive acts on their bodies. Attention by any means neccessary!

The Bus
04-10-12, 03:18 PM
This thread :lol:

RagingBull80
04-10-12, 06:28 PM
Come on Bus, show us your face tattoo.

mndtrp
04-10-12, 06:56 PM
For people over 60, tattoos were unattractive in their youth. The only tattoos I saw when I was a kid were on older men who had been in the Navy in the Pacific theater during WWII.

Well, that's partially my point. Mhg couldn't understand who would have a problem with tattoos. Just because he's open to everything under the sun, he shouldn't assume everyone else is, too.

NORML54601
04-10-12, 09:46 PM
I have a neck tattoo, and while I'm not embarrassed by it in the least, I can still cover it with a collared shirt.

draven31
04-16-12, 04:52 PM

Not as bad in Cedar Park... yes that was a hint.. :D

Abob Teff
04-16-12, 10:37 PM

Yes, but as the hair shaft pushes through the follicle it also pushes through the tattoo ink that has been permanently injected into the skin. As the hair shaft pushes through the ink, it will unavoidably collect the pigments of the ink. This, in turn, effectively dies the hair the same color as the skin it came from.

twikoff
04-17-12, 09:19 AM
i would assume the main reason to do that to your head, is to show everyone how badass you are

duh