DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Mike Wallace dead at 93

Deftones
04-08-12, 09:47 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mike-wallace-dies-60-minutes-correspondent-93/story?id=16096195

PopcornTreeCt
04-08-12, 09:49 AM
Rip

TomOpus
04-08-12, 09:53 AM
:rip: Mike... :(

TGM
04-08-12, 10:27 AM
tough to be too sad about someone who lives a healthy productive life to 93. we should all be so lucky.

movie diva
04-08-12, 11:47 AM
:rip: Mr. Wallace

Jason
04-08-12, 01:02 PM
Thanks for nothing, Mike!

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP00177790/fox-news-sunday-with-chris-wallace.jpg

Red Dog
04-08-12, 01:06 PM
When I hear 'Mike Wallace' (besides the football player), I can only think of my favorite SNL skit of all time where Harry Shearer portrays him grilling Martin Short as the manufacturer of defective whoopie cushions.

cungar
04-08-12, 01:58 PM
When I hear 'Mike Wallace' (besides the football player), I can only think of my favorite SNL skit of all time where Harry Shearer portrays him grilling Martin Short as the manufacturer of defective whoopie cushions.

Nathan THurm? Sorry for the lame video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wc2o8ywKqos" frameborder="0"h allowfullscreen></iframe>

andicus
04-08-12, 02:31 PM

That was a classic!

RIP

wishbone
04-08-12, 02:33 PM
When I hear 'Mike Wallace' (besides the football player), I can only think of my favorite SNL skit of all time where Harry Shearer portrays him grilling Martin Short as the manufacturer of defective whoopie cushions.Classic sketch.

Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Pardon me for saying this, but you seem defensive.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not being defensive! You're the one who's being defensive! Why is always the other person who's being defensive? Have you ever asked yourself that? Why don't you ask yourself that?
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;[holds out paper] This is an affadavit...
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;I know that!
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, let me finish. This is an affidavit from a woman who has severe nerve damage, on her upper thigh, from sitting on one of your defective whoopie cushions. Here, read it.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;You read it!
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, I have read it.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;So, why do I have to read it?
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, it does pertain to your company.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;I know that! Why wouldn't I know that? It's my company, I'm quite aware of that! [looks at the camera] Is it me? It's him, right?

RunBandoRun
04-08-12, 03:08 PM
What I remember most about him is the story about when he interviewed Grace Metalious, who wrote "Peyton Place," he had promised her beforehand not to ask if the novel was her autobiography. Of course, the minute the cameras were rolling, that was his first question. :lol: So she struck back by calling him by his real first name, Myron, which he hated. :D

MoviePage
04-08-12, 06:46 PM
My most vivid mental association with Mike Wallace is always the Christopher Plummer version:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nPlUxN3y4dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Dog
04-08-12, 06:49 PM

Nathan THurm? Sorry for the lame video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wc2o8ywKqos" frameborder="0"h allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was a classic!

RIP

Classic sketch.

Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Pardon me for saying this, but you seem defensive.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not being defensive! You're the one who's being defensive! Why is always the other person who's being defensive? Have you ever asked yourself that? Why don't you ask yourself that?
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;[holds out paper] This is an affadavit...
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;I know that!
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, let me finish. This is an affidavit from a woman who has severe nerve damage, on her upper thigh, from sitting on one of your defective whoopie cushions. Here, read it.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;You read it!
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, I have read it.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;So, why do I have to read it?
Mike Wallace:&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, it does pertain to your company.
Nathan Thurm:&nbsp;&nbsp;I know that! Why wouldn't I know that? It's my company, I'm quite aware of that! [looks at the camera] Is it me? It's him, right?

Yes. Thank you.

antspawn
04-08-12, 06:50 PM
:rip: Mike Wallace

Jippy
04-08-12, 11:38 PM
My most vivid mental association with Mike Wallace is always the Christopher Plummer version:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nPlUxN3y4dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOVE this movie. Plummer reminded me why I enjoyed Wallace so much on 60 Minutes.

Trevor
04-09-12, 07:24 AM
RIP Mr. Wallace

60 Minutes was a staple of my childhood. Glad to see that Morley Safer is still around.

Iron_Giant
04-09-12, 11:34 AM
Loved watching 60 Mins with Mike W.

He did a great job present his story and interview people, he was hard hitting with the facts.

60 Mins is what news media should be, not this NBC editing of the real facts.

We have missed Mike for years already, RIP.

TomOpus
04-09-12, 11:47 AM
This Sunday "60 Minutes" will do a tribute for Mike.

rexinnih
04-09-12, 11:56 AM
Wow RIP. The bigger new to me is that he was 93.....

jfoobar
04-09-12, 03:38 PM
60 Minutes has gone down so much in quality the past few years. It is very sad. The departure of Wallace was one reason why. An even bigger reason was the departure of Don Hewitt. I still DVR the show but about half the time I watch the first minute where they summarize the segments and delete the rest of it unwatched. Waaay too many fluff pieces, not enough real investigative journalism.

Mabuse
04-09-12, 04:13 PM
60 Mins is what news media should be, not this NBC editing of the real facts.

60 Minutes invented the kind of bullshit that Dateline NBC does. Just look at what they did to Audi.

Regarding Mike Wallace all I can say is--Finally!

I never understood the mentallity we have in America where it's a good thing for someone to work until their 89. He (and Andy Rooney) should have retired 20-25 years ago. Their refusal to retire and their insistance on working until the day they die means that all up and comers were denied a spot as anchor.

Hey Mike, you were great at your job, you changed TV journalism a little bit, you made a massive fortune, now retire and make room for somebody else!

Frankly, it proves that their job as news reader is a fucking joke that anyone could do because anything you can do at 93 years old has to be pretty damn easy.

Minor Threat
04-09-12, 04:23 PM
*embedding disabled

http://youtu.be/ykX3X1omhnU