DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Loose Change 9/11

DVD Polizei
04-04-12, 10:32 PM
Another interesting documentary. Not sure if anyone else has seen this and what are your thoughts and retorts for the accusations in it.

Navinabob
04-05-12, 02:11 PM
Another interesting documentary. Not sure if anyone else has seen this and what are your thoughts and retorts for the accusations in it.

Almost everything on it has been thoroughly debunked.

Here is a good resource. Loose Change tells a good story, unfortunately that story has to keep changing as more of more errors or lies are pointed out as evident by the many film edits and revisions that are out there.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/911-myths

A better link that provides sources debunking just about every 9/11 conspiracy claim is here. They do a great job of showing the incorrect science and cherry-picked data. It's a longer read, but about as good as you are going to find.

http://www.skepdic.com/911conspiracy.html

In short... Bullshit.

DVD Polizei
04-06-12, 08:49 PM
Interesting. I'll visit the sites you mentioned. Thanks. :up:

statcat
04-17-12, 10:57 PM
I'm still baffled by stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKbSMD0ZGY4

eXcentris
04-19-12, 11:20 PM
I thought this thread was a joke. ;)

Yeah, Loose Change has been debunked ages ago. Furthermore, ask yourself why they are now on version 3 or 4 of that "documentary" and why it keeps getting shorter...

Navinabob
04-20-12, 12:25 PM

Yeah, Loose Change has been debunked ages ago. Furthermore, ask yourself why they are now on version 3 or 4 of that "documentary" and why it keeps getting shorter...

We still got people who think the moon landing was a hoax (I'm lookin' at you Joe Rogan). We got all sorts of stupid in this country.

Dan
04-20-12, 12:27 PM
I saw one of the earliest versions of this film, and yeah... it was pretty shocking... until I looked a few things up and saw that all of their proclamations are baseless.

DVD Polizei
04-21-12, 07:37 PM

I only saw v1.0. :(

Navinabob
04-23-12, 03:14 PM
I only saw v1.0. :(

Or so you think... they do revisions without actually saying they made changes so you rarely know which version you saw, and they don't have to admit anything.

My favorite part was a voice-over talking about how it was mysterious that there was no plane wreckage at the scene while they show a "on-location" news shot with a reporter is standing beside plane wreckage. It was like a Saturday Night Live sketch... I hope they cut that part out eventually; it was embarrassing.

DVD Polizei
04-23-12, 09:41 PM
I really need to NOT watch conspiracy documentaries while I'm having a few drinks.

DeputyDave
04-24-12, 09:51 AM
I really need to NOT watch conspiracy documentaries while I'm having a few drinks.

It's OK, for years my grandmother had me convinced of the JFK conspiracy. She worked as a secretary during the 60's and 70's for a (supposedly) mobbed up business man in Vegas. The stories she would tell...

Mabuse
05-02-12, 01:28 PM
I read something interesting the other day on Wikipedia. John Hill is an Irish conspiracy nut who made a video about the 2005 London bombing called 7/7 Ripple Effect.

Hill was later arrested and was extradited to the United Kingdom on a charge of perverting the course of justice for sending DVDs of the film to the judge and jury foreman in a trial linked to the attacks, even though he had sent them in care of the court, and not directly to either judge or jury foreman. After spending 151 days on remand in Wandsworth prison, he was acquitted by a jury who were shown his film on 12 May 2011It makes me proud to live in America where people have true freedom of speech, even if their ideas are looney conspiracy stupidity. Extraditing and holding this guy for 5 months for doing nothing but having outrageosly dumb ideas is frightening.

SkullOrchard
05-02-12, 09:40 PM
My favorite 9/11 conspiracy theory is that absolutely no one died on 9/11. The WTC towers were empty and the planes were remote controlled. The bodies falling/jumping out of windows were mannequins/dummies. Everyone who claims to have lost a loved one is "in on the conspiracy".

Truthers are as nutty as a squirrel's turd.

kvrdave
05-07-12, 12:03 AM
It's OK, for years my grandmother had me convinced of the JFK conspiracy. She worked as a secretary during the 60's and 70's for a (supposedly) mobbed up business man in Vegas. The stories she would tell...

I remember watching a show hosted by Bill Bixby that convinced that Elvis was still alive. :lol:

Nausicaa
05-07-12, 11:28 AM
I read something interesting the other day on Wikipedia. John Hill is an Irish conspiracy nut who made a video about the 2005 London bombing called 7/7 Ripple Effect.

It makes me proud to live in America where people have true freedom of speech, even if their ideas are looney conspiracy stupidity. Extraditing and holding this guy for 5 months for doing nothing but having outrageosly dumb ideas is frightening.

:thumbsup:

This is always my response when Fred Phelps and his gang protest some soldier's funeral with deplorable signs. I hate them, but love what they indirectly represent.