Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Susan Boyle, Paul Potts and now...

The Black
04-02-12, 11:32 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZsNlcr4frs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool for his boost in confidence.

TomOpus
04-02-12, 12:01 PM
Wasn't Paul Potts that dude from Cambodia?

RagingBull80
04-02-12, 12:59 PM
I like how everyone immediately wrote him off as the stupid fat guy. You could see it in everyone's eyes and on their faces. Simon made it clear at the beginning that the "fat guy" was just going to hold back the girl. Funny how that changed pretty quickly.

Good for Jonathan.

Coral
04-02-12, 01:08 PM
I like how everyone immediately wrote him off as the stupid fat guy. You could see it in everyone's eyes and on their faces. Simon made it clear at the beginning that the "fat guy" was just going to hold back the girl. Funny how that changed pretty quickly.

Good for Jonathan.

I don't know why his appearance would make anyone write him off. It's not like there isn't a history of fat tenors/opera singers.

Draven
04-02-12, 01:25 PM
That's pretty impressive for 17 - most guys voices don't settle at that age and he has a lot of resonance and power.

It's endearing how he started early, forgot the words in the middle (I think) and was shaking like a leaf but still turned it on. And didn't dump his friend in the process.

Rockmjd23
04-02-12, 01:35 PM
Who are those two douches they always cut to behind the curtain on these British shows? They make Seacrest look cool.

RagingBull80
04-02-12, 02:13 PM
I don't know why his appearance would make anyone write him off. It's not like there isn't a history of fat tenors/opera singers.

It was clear that a lot of the people there, Simon included, wrote him off before hearing a note.

Coral
04-02-12, 02:30 PM
It was clear that a lot of the people there, Simon included, wrote him off before hearing a note.

I hope you don't believe that nothing in this show is scripted or played out in a certain way to get a reaction. The judges will downplay them before listening and then do a 180. Just like Simon will make people think he's about to give it a thumbs down (or whatever they do) but gives them a thumbs up - making the crowd go nuts. It's all for dramatic effect.

The judges have probably heard/seen the audition tapes.

In the same way they show truly bad performers making it to the stage and on TV to compete, even though their auditions should have eliminated them long before that stage. It's all produced entertainment.

Th0r S1mpson
04-02-12, 02:31 PM
That's pretty impressive for 17

Agreed. Most people aren't that huge until their 20's.

RagingBull80
04-02-12, 02:59 PM
I hope you don't believe that nothing in this show is scripted or played out in a certain way to get a reaction. The judges will downplay them before listening and then do a 180. Just like Simon will make people think he's about to give it a thumbs down (or whatever they do) but gives them a thumbs up - making the crowd go nuts. It's all for dramatic effect.

The judges have probably heard/seen the audition tapes.

In the same way they show truly bad performers making it to the stage and on TV to compete, even though their auditions should have eliminated them long before that stage. It's all produced entertainment.

True, I don't watch that show. I was only basing that on the clip.

The Bus
04-02-12, 04:45 PM
Poor forgotten Connie Talbot.

The Infidel
04-02-12, 05:27 PM
Charlotte had a pretty nice bounce walking out onto the stage.

james2025a
04-03-12, 10:12 AM
Who are those two douches they always cut to behind the curtain on these British shows? They make Seacrest look cool.

They are called "Ant and Dec." They started out on some shitty teen school dramedy and then had a pop career that lasted all of two seconds. They have somehow managed to wrangle a career out of appearing on horrible TV shows and generally being annoying. It seems everywhere these days that in order to be successful you need to have zero talent.

RunBandoRun
04-03-12, 08:56 PM

A large sound requires a large instrument. :)

Vibiana
Amply Proportioned Soprano

DVD Polizei
04-03-12, 09:13 PM

Pavarotti never curtained a worn Hendrix T-shirt for one of his performances, either. This is Television. It's all about FIRST impressions. And he sure made one. Would've helped him considerably if he had appropriate attire.