DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Code Red Secret Sale YMMV

SterlingBen
04-01-12, 11:04 PM
Go to http://www.codereddvd.com/ and send them a list of the movies you want to purchase and they will send you a price.

YMMV

This is a list I received from them:

challenge the dragon/needle avenger $5
being/copkiller $5
day at the beach $5
dead pit $5
dead pit 2 disc $6
running hot $5
unknown comic special $4
cheering section/king frat $4
velvet trap/hot summer on campus $5
wild malibu weekend $5
riot on 42nd street/bad girls dormitory $5
how to score with girls/white rat $5
stanley $5
deliver us from evil/fox affair $5
godfather squad/bruce's last $5
stigma $5
wacki taxi/superago $5
lonely wives/sorry wrong bedroom $5
enounters with unknown/when time began $6
+Shipping

May be other secret deals, shipping was a little high.

I got

enounters with unknown/when time began
lonely wives/sorry wrong bedroom
wacki taxi/superago
godfather squad/bruce's last
how to score with girls/white rat
riot on 42nd street/bad girls dormitory
cheering section/king frat
dead pit 2 disc
being/copkiller

shipping on these was $13

$59 out the door.

Did I mention YMMV?

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
04-01-12, 11:26 PM
That's lame he's charging for shipping now. He posted he'd ship by media mail and do it for free.

Your site address is also wrong. That's a mountain dew site.

SterlingBen
04-01-12, 11:37 PM
That's lame he's charging for shipping now. He posted he'd ship by media mail and do it for free.

Your site address is also wrong. That's a mountain dew site.

Fixed and damnit!

Undeadcow
04-02-12, 01:11 AM
Thanks to SterlingBen for posting, I am hopeful Code Red stays afloat... there's a ton of horror stuff I've been hoping to nab but these titles are usually elusive/expensive.

SterlingBen
04-02-12, 10:37 AM
I asked if these were being clearanced due to impending Blu-Rays and got this answer

I put these out on dvd and didn't sell, why would I spend money on Blu when very little people wanted to buy it? Blu is only 18% of the market.

Mike UFC
04-02-12, 10:42 AM
I asked about some of the other, more rare and good stuff.

Beyond the Door(2 disc best buy exclusive) $12
Horror High $12
Madman,--sold out
Messiah of Evil $14
Nightmare<--sold out
Night of the Demon<--sold out
Rituals<-- $17
Unseen <-- OOP $22

Pretty pissed at myself for not getting Nightmare when I had the chance.

akiramole
04-02-12, 10:49 AM
Can someone send me his email? When I click on 'contact', Microsoft Outlook comes up and then disappears. Thanks!

SterlingBen
04-02-12, 11:12 AM
codereddvd@yahoo.com

Asked and got a bit more of the list:

Horror High $12
Mardi Gras massace $12
slithis $12

SterlingBen
04-02-12, 12:25 PM
Some OOP titles may be available too. I just added Christine Lindberg vs. Laura Gemser to my order for $6 dollars. Now I have got to stop!

04-02-12, 12:53 PM
I asked if these were being clearanced due to impending Blu-Rays and got this answer

He's said in the past that nobody would buy Code Red movies on blu-ray and that he won't pay licensing fees to Sony because they're too expensive.

The reason for this sale is that they lost their distributor, so at the end of February/beginning of March, stores started sending back their unsold items. Now he apparently has some deal with a disc presser but everything is going to be a small time business, so he can't sell stuff through stores and is going to sell stuff through their website from now on.

SethDLH
04-02-12, 12:59 PM
I grabbed Dead Pit and Exterminators of the Year 3000 (last copy apparently) for $30 shipped. Exterminators goes for around $45 on it's own most of the time.

SterlingBen
04-02-12, 01:50 PM
I grabbed Dead Pit and Exterminators of the Year 3000 (last copy apparently) for $30 shipped. Exterminators goes for around $45 on it's own most of the time.

Your welcome, I passed on the latter an hour ago. Although I really want to hear that commentary.

SethDLH
04-02-12, 02:23 PM
Thanks haha. I've been waiting to find it for a half decent price since it went out of print like 4 or 5 months after being released.

tecHouse
04-02-12, 03:17 PM
Thanks OP. Do you just send an email of the titles you want and he sends you an invoice through PayPal?

SterlingBen
04-02-12, 03:50 PM
Thanks OP. Do you just send an email of the titles you want and he sends you an invoice through PayPal?

Basically, but he'll just give you a payment address (the same one on the site and posted here).

tecHouse
04-02-12, 03:58 PM
Cool, thank you again.

tecHouse
04-02-12, 07:08 PM
Just placed an order! 4 dvds for $60 shipped.. hope it's worth it lol.

SethDLH
04-02-12, 07:32 PM
Well... what'd ya get?

tecHouse
04-02-12, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah.. I ordered Dead Pit (2 Disc), Sweet Sixteen, Rituals, Horror High. Haven't seen any of them, but heard only good things about them.

JackBurton
04-02-12, 10:10 PM
Thanks, OP. Picked up:

Derby
Running Hot
Messiah of Evil
Stunt Rock

Wish I would have knew about this last week when I caved and bought Rituals from a third party seller.

Preterite
04-03-12, 09:50 AM
Stunt Rock is awesome.

I ordered:Being / Cop Killers [Double Feature]
Cheering Section / King Frat
Christine Lindberg vs. Laura Gemser
Messiah of Evil
Stoney / The Killer Likes Candy [Double Feature]

I'm really bummed I missed out on Alice in Wonderland.

tecHouse
04-03-12, 12:47 PM
Question, does he send you some sort of receipt via email?

SethDLH
04-03-12, 01:07 PM
All I got was the Paypal receipt saying I sent money.

tecHouse
04-03-12, 01:32 PM
Okay that is what I got as well.. Never ordered directly from Code Red site so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of correspondence and processing.

SethDLH
04-03-12, 01:47 PM
Okay that is what I got as well.. Never ordered directly from Code Red site so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of correspondence and processing.

Same here. I'd prefer easy shipping and minimal communication needed.

spawningblue
04-04-12, 10:03 AM
How much was Stunt Rock and Sweet Sixteen?

BuddhaWake
04-04-12, 02:01 PM
i emailed them but dind't get a reply. I guess they don't need my money.

akiramole
04-04-12, 02:55 PM
Here's my haul:

Horror High $12
Blade/Ring of Death $7
The Unseen $22
Primal Rage $23
Cut-Throats Nine/Joshua $8
Challenge of the Dragon/The Needle Avenger $4
Beyond the Door Best Buy Exclusive $12
The Dead Pit 2-Disc Set $6
Teenage Graffiti/Teenage Mother $7
The Redeemer $11
Teenage Hitchhiker/Teenage Tramp $7
Brute Corps $12
Godfather Squad/Bruce's Last Battle $7

$148 which included shipping.

JackBurton
04-04-12, 03:20 PM
How much was Stunt Rock and Sweet Sixteen?

Stunt Rock was $25

04-04-12, 03:39 PM

I've sent 3 since last week and haven't heard back. "They" is also actually a him. I've talked with him before and he's a stubborn ass that won't listen if you tell him he's wrong about anything, to put it nicely. Maybe he has a grudge with someone else he thinks is you and that's why you aren't hearing back or maybe that's his way of telling you he's out of what you're asking about.

SethDLH
04-04-12, 05:39 PM
Really wish I never dumped my Best Buy exclusive of Beyond The Door. I found it there for $5 years ago and sold it for whatever reason. I actually liked how trashy and bad it was.

hilts
04-04-12, 10:33 PM

Maybe it landed in his spam folder. Yahoo does that with to me with perfectly legit emails quite often. I've found stuff from places I routinely do business with in there.
Try again, maybe there was something in your subject line that pushed it to spam. I put "Secret Sale" in my subject if that helps.
I doubt that the guy doesn't want to sell to you. This was my first contact with Code Red and he responded.

SterlingBen
04-04-12, 10:42 PM

I have corresponded with him since your post so he is still active. Maybe try a different e-mail address.

04-04-12, 11:27 PM
Maybe it landed in his spam folder. Yahoo does that with to me with perfectly legit emails quite often. I've found stuff from places I routinely do business with in there.
Try again, maybe there was something in your subject line that pushed it to spam. I put "Secret Sale" in my subject if that helps.
I doubt that the guy doesn't want to sell to you. This was my first contact with Code Red and he responded.

He posted about this on twitter so it's not all that secret ;)

BuddhaWake
04-05-12, 08:14 AM

will do. thanks.

04-05-12, 10:11 AM
I got my email finally and what I wanted was all gone :(

Lastdaysofrain
04-05-12, 12:59 PM
I got Wild Malibu Weekend and the Unknown Comic double feature in the mail today, cost me $10, really fast shipping. I owned pretty much everything else aside from a couple of the out of print discs.

tecHouse
04-05-12, 01:29 PM
I got Wild Malibu Weekend and the Unknown Comic double feature in the mail today, cost me $10, really fast shipping. I owned pretty much everything else aside from a couple of the out of print discs.

After you sent paypal to him was there further correspondence from him or did your packages just arrive?

SterlingBen
04-06-12, 12:33 AM
Got my package today
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4412/dsc00040qp.jpg
Only thing, I thought the 2 disc was the raised cover on Dead Pit, is that only the 1 disc, or just the first pressing or something?

Lastdaysofrain
04-06-12, 07:00 AM
I didn't hear from him again, just had the discs show up, really quickly I might add.

tecHouse
04-06-12, 02:09 PM
Got my package today
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4412/dsc00040qp.jpg
Only thing, I thought the 2 disc was the raised cover on Dead Pit, is that only the 1 disc, or just the first pressing or something?

He sent you some bottles of wine too? sweet haha

tecHouse
04-06-12, 02:13 PM
I didn't hear from him again, just had the discs show up, really quickly I might add.

Cool , thanks for the reply man.

ProfessorEcho
04-06-12, 05:30 PM
What are some of the better double features on the EXPLOITATION CINEMA line? Even more to the point, what are the CODE RED must haves?

04-06-12, 07:05 PM
You into horror, boobs, sci-fi?

ProfessorEcho
04-06-12, 08:17 PM
All of the above, of course!

Qualifiers: Not real fond of 70's-80's teen sex comedies where everyone drives a van. Don't like bad laser effect 80's outer space stories. Not big on ultra low budget attempts at slasher stuff or second and third and fourth to the last house on the left copies.

Everything else goes! ;)

tecHouse
04-06-12, 08:23 PM
Received my order today:

http://s14.postimage.org/lsspq3mg1/2012_04_06_15_17_54.jpg

SethDLH
04-06-12, 10:03 PM
got my order today as well. definitely would/will order like that again.

SterlingBen
04-06-12, 11:05 PM
What are some of the better double features on the EXPLOITATION CINEMA line? Even more to the point, what are the CODE RED must haves?

Based only on the titles I have seen thus far: Soul Survivor & Stanley (Stanley is in several Mill Creek sets so check before you buy). Lots of others look great though.

Undeadcow
04-07-12, 12:02 AM
Even more to the point, what are the CODE RED must haves?
Soul Survivor is good.
Messiah of Evil is public domain but Code Red has a solid print.
I haven't seen it yet but Carriers has good reviews.
Night Child is OOP but well reviewed if you can tolerate the tasteless "septic cinema" (spilled port o potty) menu.
Getting more lukewarm with Dead Pit which is slow 80s cheese too psychological for my taste. Beyond the Door is a trashy exorcist riff. Don't Go Into the Woods Alone is surrealist nonsense if you can appreciate that sort of thing.

My Best Buy "exclusive" Dead Pit that I got om early release is as pictured, I'm pretty sure Code Red only does one pressing (although Beyond the Door had a limited edition slip). You are probably aware the VHS copy famously had a raised cover with light up eyes.

SterlingBen
04-07-12, 02:24 AM
My Best Buy "exclusive" Dead Pit that I got om early release is as pictured, I'm pretty sure Code Red only does one pressing (although Beyond the Door had a limited edition slip). You are probably aware the VHS copy famously had a raised cover with light up eyes.

It's why I bought the DVD, I remember looking at and touching that VHS case at the video store, every time I went in.

Was there no raised DVD? Perhaps I was just projecting.

Undeadcow
04-07-12, 10:52 AM
Was there no raised DVD? Perhaps I was just projecting.

I'm pretty sure the DVD was always flat.

Edit: Mister Peepers below is likely right, no slip on bb exclusive 2 disc but one on single disc. This was how Beyond the Door was (and BtD had a cool slip).

04-07-12, 11:32 AM
My Best Buy "exclusive" Dead Pit that I got om early release is as pictured, I'm pretty sure Code Red only does one pressing (although Beyond the Door had a limited edition slip).

I'm 99% sure the slip comes on all single disc but the double for sure doesn't have one. The slipcover is under the shrink wrap.