DVD Talk
Award for the most stupidest movie title in history goes to [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Award for the most stupidest movie title in history goes to

antspawn
03-31-12, 06:40 AM
Drumroll please...

Sssssss

http://imghaven.com/images/27750

"Ever seen that movie Sssssss?"

"What?"

"Sssssss"

TGM
03-31-12, 06:52 AM
nominated for the most stupidest thread in history.

Anubis2005X
03-31-12, 06:57 AM
Lighten up, Francis.

And in regards to the movie title, sounds like an SBD...

Jaymole
03-31-12, 07:17 AM
I like the title Sssssss...at least it's original....and illiterates love it!

Michael Corvin
03-31-12, 07:42 AM
Pic fail... thread fail.

antspawn
03-31-12, 08:10 AM
Another movie with a stupid title Martha Marcy May Marlene

I mean bitch...how many names can we call you :lol:

Pizza
03-31-12, 08:30 AM
Maybe if this thread asked for opinions on what the stupidest movie title could be I'd understand the nomination for SSSSSSS. Why beat up on this movie title now and state it's the worst? And for the record, I really love the title and the cheesie poster art. It made me want to see the movie. There are definitely worse titles. I would say The Hunger Games is hardly interesting sounding to me (note: I said "to me") but it's hardly the worst too.

Rockmjd23
03-31-12, 08:35 AM
a vote for $

Dragon Tattoo
03-31-12, 09:31 AM
"Most stupidest"?

trespoochies
03-31-12, 10:12 AM
Let's not forget the Indian movie....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yi3ZBHEy8jc/TAK8SSKNMEI/AAAAAAAADIs/A2CSl_7yTkw/s1600/poster_HISSS-2.jpg

antspawn
03-31-12, 10:18 AM
And for the record, I really love the title and the cheesie poster art.

I also dig the poster it's got that nostalgia 80's to it.

I like cheesy horror/sci fi movies so I probably will enjoy thissssssssssssss.

As for the title it sucksssssss.

TomOpus
03-31-12, 10:51 AM
I like cheesy horror/sci fi movies so I probably will enjoy thissssssssssssIt's definitely cheesy and from what I remember the make-up effect was pretty creepy. But it's been a long time since I saw it.

I see on the poster that Zanuck/Brown were the Exec Producers. A couple years later they had a small film called "Jaws" come out :)

starman9000
03-31-12, 10:52 AM
Better than "Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire."

Crocker Jarmen
03-31-12, 11:05 AM
Another movie with a stupid title Martha Marcy May Marlene

I mean bitch...how many names can we call you :lol:

I liked this movie a lot, but the person who reccomended it to me couldn't remember the title and neither could I when I told other people about it. "It's called 'Marcy May Mary M' something," I'd say.

Mr. Salty
03-31-12, 11:16 AM
You lost me at "most stupidest."

Solid Snake
03-31-12, 11:17 AM
"Most stupidest"?

this

davidh777
03-31-12, 11:55 AM

That's even more stupider than "Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story"

Groucho
03-31-12, 12:29 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2349/iscwslabmuz1.jpg

TomOpus
03-31-12, 01:32 PM
Nice choice, Groucho. I have it on one of the MST3K discs and I need to watch it again.

Some fun facts about the movie via wiki:
This was not, however, the originally intended title of the film. As Steckler relates, the film was supposed to be titled The Incredibly Strange Creatures, or Why I Stopped Living and Became a Mixed-up Zombie, but was changed in response to Columbia Pictures' threat of a lawsuit over the name's similarity to Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, which was under production at the time.

The cinematography/camera operating was done by three men who would go on to become major figures in cinematography: Joseph V. Mascelli, author of The Five Cs of Cinematography; Vilmos Zsigmond (listed as William Zsigmond), who won an Academy Award for his work on Close Encounters of the Third Kind; and László Kovács (listed as Leslie Kovacs).

Rockmjd23
03-31-12, 02:15 PM
Titles that have nothing to do with the movie are pretty stupid too.

Zombies of the Stratosphere (1952) - there are no zombies in this film.

godzilla rules
03-31-12, 03:13 PM
Or how about "There Be Dragons"? Not one dragon.

LosingMyMind
03-31-12, 04:34 PM
Apparently I have the OP movie, but have never watched it.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wBKr3VG3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Solid Snake
03-31-12, 04:51 PM
Apparently I have the OP movie, but have never watched it.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wBKr3VG3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

..time to watch it and report back.

antspawn
03-31-12, 04:57 PM
The movie starts now (5pm EST) on THIS TV (http://thebayarea.thistv.com/schedule) channel. It's 2hrs long.

Going to watch it -popcorn-

Jason
03-31-12, 05:07 PM
How about Rat Phink a Boo Boo, which got it's name because the director was too cheap to have an erroneously made title card corrected.

Not that making the title Rat Phink and Boo Boo would have help that much...

Why So Blu?
03-31-12, 05:41 PM

Just barely.......No, I like Sssssss better.

Hokeyboy
03-31-12, 05:47 PM
"Most stupidest" :lol: rotfl :lol:

majorjoe23
03-31-12, 06:32 PM
5nowdogs5

antspawn
03-31-12, 08:11 PM
My only compliant is that the movie kinda drags and it's slow paced. Surprisingly it played well enough to keep my interest and attention up to want to see what happened next.

What a strange ending.

I rate the movie 6/10

Ending spoiler

At the end Face from the A-Team played by Dirk Benedict which was turned into a full King Cobra was trying to escape but a Mongoose got out of it's cage and kicked his ass and the movie ended abruptly with the chick (Heather Menzies) screaming "DAVID!!". She wanted to save him because she loved him. But it seems like the Mongoose perhaps killed him because he bite him many times.

Kurtie Dee
03-31-12, 08:40 PM
<i>Sssssss</i> ruined me as a child. Saw it when I was about four or five on TV and couldn't sleep all night.

My vote for mostest stupidestest movie titles are any in the horribly long line of <i>Finding [name]</i> or <i>Servicing [name]</i> or <i>Forgetting [name]</i>. It was a goddamn naming fad that indicated just how out of imagination Hollywood had become.

The Bus
03-31-12, 08:41 PM
That spoiler is the funniest thing I've read all week.

The Bus
03-31-12, 08:46 PM
<i>Sssssss</i> ruined me as a child. Saw it when I was about four or five on TV and couldn't sleep all night.

My vote for mostest stupidestest movie titles are any in the horribly long line of <i>Finding [name]</i> or <b><i>Servicing [name]</i></b> or <i>Forgetting [name]</i>. It was a goddamn naming fad that indicated just how out of imagination Hollywood had become.

Are you sure that's Hollywood and not San Fernando Valley?

whoopdido
03-31-12, 08:52 PM
Obviously the most stupidest title is Jurassic Park. I mean come on...most of those dinosaurs were from the Cretaceous Period. No wonder that movie bombed.

TomOpus
03-31-12, 08:52 PM
The movie starts now (5pm EST) on THIS TV (http://thebayarea.thistv.com/schedule) channel. It's 2hrs long.

Going to watch it -popcorn-It was on here too on that channel. They rotate their movies so it'll probably roll around again.

wishbone
03-31-12, 08:56 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2mca6ae.jpg

I heard the ogry scene is very graphic...

Rockmjd23
03-31-12, 09:05 PM
Jason Takes Manhattan (for like the last 10 minutes of the movie)

antspawn
03-31-12, 09:45 PM
That spoiler is the funniest thing I've read all week.
At first I thought it was a Honey Badger. But doing some research about Sssssss I found out it was a Mongoose. I really couldn't tell the difference. They look so much alike.
It was on here too on that channel. They rotate their movies so it'll probably roll around again.

Yup :D Probably around 3-4 times, that is one thing I like about that network. :)

whoopdido
03-31-12, 09:53 PM
At first I thought it was a Honey Badger. But doing some research about Sssssss I found out it was a Mongoose. I really couldn't tell the difference. They look so much alike.

Yup :D Probably around 3-4 times, that is one thing I like about that network. :)

You never read Rikki Tikki Tavi?

antspawn
03-31-12, 10:00 PM
You never read Rikki Tikki Tavi?

I never read it, I had to google just now to see what it's about. :p

Chadm
03-31-12, 10:04 PM

whoopdido
03-31-12, 10:46 PM
I never read it, I had to google just now to see what it's about. :p

Well, in any event, if you're a snake, you probably don't want to run into a mongoose. ;)

antspawn
03-31-12, 10:51 PM
rotfl

Ash Ketchum
04-01-12, 06:46 AM
I also dig the poster it's got that nostalgia 80's to it.

The movie came out in 1973.

antspawn
04-01-12, 01:04 PM
The movie came out in 1973.

Yup, before Jaws. I meant to put 70s but my mind was in the 80's.

Solid Snake
04-01-12, 01:20 PM
Well you got corrected by Ash. You shit all over his cereal.

antspawn
04-01-12, 01:44 PM
psssss http://www.prisonblock.com/images/smilies/SMH-smiley19.gif

Solid Snake
04-01-12, 01:53 PM
:banana:

FRwL
04-01-12, 04:29 PM
Nice choice, Groucho. I have it on one of the MST3K discs and I need to watch it again.

Some fun facts about the movie via wiki:

Good choice... but shitty title or not you back off from my boy Cash Flagg and his permanently grafted hooded sweatshirt. Anyway no kidding about those facts, in fact the entire cinematography of this flick is freakin daring for 1964 the fact that there's so much handheld usage and plus it's in color. There is something about this movie, and i'm not alone even in the early 70s some rock musician made some essay on it i would love to read. There is also a bit of a freewheeling zeitgeist to it especially the most provocative line in the movie "Yeah the world's in a state of depression." and well... probably the best Psycho influenced movie. Ortega was also even a proto version to the mighty Torgo from Manos which arrived 2 years later to tread the earth beneath his goat feet.

DaveyJoe
04-01-12, 04:35 PM
Good choice... but shitty title or not you back off from my boy Cash Flagg and his permanently grafted hooded sweatshirt. Anyway no kidding about those facts, in fact the entire cinematography of this flick is freakin daring for 1964 the fact that there's so much handheld usage and plus it's in color. There is something about this movie, and i'm not alone even in the early 70s some rock musician made some essay on it i would love to read. There is also a bit of a freewheeling zeitgeist to it especially the most provocative line in the movie "Yeah the world's in a state of depression." and well... probably the best Psycho influenced movie. Ortega was also even a proto version to the mighty Torgo from Manos which arrived 2 years later to tread the earth beneath his goat feet.

I also love the line "you dirty feeelthy pig."

Shannon Nutt
04-01-12, 06:52 PM
Rambo III is a pretty stupid title (and you should all know why).

The Englishman Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain is stupid primarily because any theater showing it ran out of letters for the marque. :)