Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Punk'd - Series Thread

the aftermath
03-17-03, 09:26 PM
The show looks like it could be quite hilarious. It's on MTV right now. Ashton Kutcher (sorry for butchering the name) is playing pranks on celebrities. Should be funny.

the aftermath
03-17-03, 09:41 PM
Justin Timberlake looked like he was gonna cry rotfl

Joeboo835
03-17-03, 09:48 PM
That was one of the most satisfying things i've ever seen on TV. Just to see him call his mom and say "Mom, you have to get down here right away" almost crying. Its awesome watching stuck up celebrities get nailed.

I used to hate Ashton, but now he's my idol.

candyrocket786
03-17-03, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by the aftermath

Hell, he probably did cry, but it was probably edited out. I laughed my ass off when he called his mom!!!!

candyrocket786
03-17-03, 09:50 PM
Is Ashton the regular host of this show?

Joeboo835
03-17-03, 09:51 PM
The little kid thing is lame. Stick with the pranks and this show is a hit in my eyes.

Joeboo835
03-17-03, 09:52 PM
He said its his show. MTV asked him to create a show.

Joeboo835
03-17-03, 09:54 PM
hahahha, just saw the previews for the season. The pranks look awesome.

candyrocket786
03-17-03, 09:55 PM
The Gods have finally given me something to watch on Monday nights..whoo hoo!

Mittman
03-17-03, 09:56 PM
This show is great. I can only hope they film enough of these pranks before the show gets big and the celebrities start catching on.

El Scorcho
03-17-03, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Mittman
This show is great. I can only hope they film enough of these pranks before the show gets big and the celebrities start catching on.

It looks as if all the pranks for this season are already filmed, judging from the previews they had at the end of the show.

Adam Tyner
03-17-03, 10:03 PM
Right, though as soon as Justin saw Ashton, he immediately knew what was up and even made a reference to how he'd hoped Ashton wouldn't try to pull something over on him.

I went in with pretty low expectations, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. I actually think this'll sneak into my weekly rotation, and this is from someone who tends to avoid watching television whenever possible.

Excelesor
03-18-03, 12:37 AM
seriously, i finally ahve something to watch on monday nights now. I thought it was pretty funny. the red carpet with the kid wasn't that great, nothing beats the interviews from Triumph the dog on conan

freedexter
03-18-03, 12:54 AM
I found it funny when Tori Amos was trying to tell the kid that she's not Tori Spelling. The rest of the bit was sort of boring.

I wanted Justin Timberlake to cry. That was great.

I enjoyed myself, and this was suprisingly good.

dek
03-18-03, 02:04 AM
That little kid was hillarious

To Lifehouse - What does the O, in O-town stand for?

rotfl

Rico Diablo
03-18-03, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by dek
That little kid was hillarious

To Lifehouse - What does the O, in O-town stand for?

rotfl

Although it's an old bit, when they said "We're 'Lifehouse' not 'O-Town'." and the kid turns to the camera doing the "cut it" gesture, I burst out laughing. The kid had great timing. But I do agree that The Man Show's kid bit is funnier and Triumph's red carpet bit is funnier.

Groucho
03-18-03, 10:07 AM
When will this air again? I only caught the previews for the coming attractions.

Isn't this the show that's getting sued for the "dead body in the hotel room" prank?

the aftermath
03-18-03, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Groucho
When will this air again? I only caught the previews for the coming attractions.Here's the link to the re-air dates/times

<a href="http://www.mtv.com/onair/schedule/airdates.jhtml?channelID=1&SeriesID=9607">http://www.mtv.com/onair/schedule/airdates.jhtml?channelID=1&SeriesID=9607</a>

Mopower
03-18-03, 11:23 AM
When will this air again? I only caught the previews for the coming attractions.

Isn't this the show that's getting sued for the "dead body in the hotel room" prank?

It's MTV so just check your listings it should be on everyother day. I think it is the same show as the hotel room prank. Ashton Kutcher was the star of the other show too but I think for PR reasons they just changed the name of it.

LaxBandit
03-18-03, 04:23 PM
Isn't this the show that's getting sued for the "dead body in the hotel room" prank? [/B]

No, thats Shannon Doherty (90210/Charmed) prank show that will be airing on the Sci-Fi Channel soon.

Awesome! Eliza next week!

LB...

mcbg1
03-18-03, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by LaxBandit
No, thats Shannon Doherty (90210/Charmed) prank show that will be airing on the Sci-Fi Channel soon.

Awesome! Eliza next week!

LB...

No that sci-fi channel show is being sued for a stunt involving aliens. A while before, there was some news saying that a show hosted by Ashton Kutcher was sued because of a stunt where a couple found a dead body in their hotel room.

freedexter
03-18-03, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by mcbg1
No that sci-fi channel show is being sued for a stunt involving aliens. A while before, there was some news saying that a show hosted by Ashton Kutcher was sued because of a stunt where a couple found a dead body in their hotel room.

Link (http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,10092,00.html)

I guess it never aired.

clemente
03-18-03, 08:18 PM
Rough days in the TV world when we get confused over what reality show is being sued for which stunt.

Da Thrilla
03-18-03, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by the aftermath

That was funny as hell! rotfl

Wormwood
03-19-03, 03:03 AM
Cry me a river indeed!

nightwing82
03-19-03, 07:03 AM
LOL I caught this at 1am. That Muniz kid droppin' the f-bomb over and over again was hilarious to me at least.

And to see Justin Timberlake freak out lol lol lol especially when that dude starting naming the gazillion of cars Timberlake had and then stepped on that guitar.

And the little kid........ rotfl...... Tori Amos was trying to be so nice to him heh...... Christina asking him if he wanted to get diRRty....... lol

BDB
03-19-03, 08:24 AM
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1132256.jpg
not always a tough man

CRY BABY JUSTIN

Singer Justin Timberlake just cannot stop showing his sensitive side.

After baring his emotions over his relationship with his ex-girlfriend Brittany Spears in his latest song, Cry Me A River, he has now been caught on camera bursting into tears.

According to the Daily Star, a prank on a new series on the American version of MTV caused the 22-year-old hearthrob to break down and call his mum for help.

Actors posing as US tax enforcers called on Justin's new £3.5m mansion in Los Angeles.

They convinced him he owed almost £600,000 in tax and that they were there to seize his possessions and sell them on to cover the debt.

The NSYNC star was so shocked, he started crying and shouted at the men, before crumpling in a heap on his doorstep.

For 20 minutes the star was left wondering if he would ever see his possessions again - until the presenter of the Punk'd show turned up.

As soon as Justin saw Ashton Kutcher, the penny dropped, the tears dried up and he finally saw the funny side.

Nazgul
03-19-03, 08:26 AM
Moving to TV forum......

I saw it and he did not cry, but it was soooooo funny to see the looks on his face.

Thunderball
03-19-03, 08:28 AM
:lol:

I hate him.

Bandoman
03-19-03, 08:32 AM
Real men don't cry.

Dave99
03-19-03, 08:34 AM
What a nancy boy.

Dave

crankyman
03-19-03, 08:35 AM
ouch.

das Monkey
03-19-03, 08:53 AM
I enjoyed it, but I have to reluctantly give credit to both Muniz and Timberlake. Frankie was quite calm for most of the time. Sure, I imagine he was in a bit of shock, but even when he was angry, it was "I'm a celebrity" angry. And considering what they did to Timberlake, he was remarkably good-natured when he saw Ashton show up and realized it was a prank. I expected him to get all pissy and stuff, but he took it like a man (a crying man, but still ...).

The kid was good too. Not nearly as funny as the Man Show Boy, but still pretty entertaining.

das

Foole
03-19-03, 08:54 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bowles25/owned.jpg

BT
03-19-03, 04:05 PM
Absolutely hilarious. And yes, both Frankie and Justin were really good sports about it all. It was a good contrast between a simple prank (stealing a car) to a really complicated one (towing Justin's SUVs, boarding up his house, etc). That prank was planned out and executed so well; they really put a lot of time and money into it. When they had the production/prop designer on explaining all the stuff they made for that stunt I was like ohh man, he's gonna get it! :D

Can't wait to see next week's show!

-BT

stupid question: I caught a bit of Jackass after Punk'd and saw Brad Pitt doing the night gorilla thing with the Jackass crew. Does he still do stuff with them from time to time?

fundog11
03-21-03, 12:41 AM
You finally have something to watch on Monday nights now?? MTV cancelled the BEST SHOW ON TV, Clone High USA, to put Punk'd in its timeslot! I thought this show was just another MTV cheaply-made, cashing-in-on-a-trend reality show. I miss Clone High on Mondays.

Corky Roxbury
03-22-03, 02:37 PM
BT, now that was the only "stunt" Brad Pitt did with Jackass crew.

The new episode of punk'd is on MOnday night at 10:30pm

Bust
03-25-03, 09:18 AM
Better than last weeks episode IMO. I still think the name of the show, not to mention the word "Punk'd" is extremely lame, but that won't stop me from watching.

The Eliza prank was great. I have no idea how these guys can keep a straight face while they're doing these. That was so great how she immediately tried to shift the blame to those other guys. Talk about a rat, she would never last in the mob.

The Mandy prank priceless. Dax amazes me with the range of characters he plays. His "trailer-trash redneck" was incredibly accurate. I lived in Nebraska for ten years and I know so many of those guys it's not even funny. I love the picture of the desert they put on the wall to make the room look bigger.

The Boxing prank had SO MUCH potential, but I feel like they cut it too short. My first problem with it was that I had no idea who the "mark" was, so I really didn't care if he got "Punk'd" or not. My second problem was, HE WAS READY TO FIGHT OSCAR WITHOUT GLOVES and they stopped it!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!
If you gave me a pad, pen and an afternoon, I could have come up with a much better pay off for the boxing prank. Oh well, I still think it was better than the "Man Show Boy" rip off we got last week.

Next week's episode looks fantastic. MORE DAX!!

atari2600
03-25-03, 10:51 AM
more dax? hes great but hes the main character in every prank. how much more do you want?

great show btw. i love seeing celebrities at their worst swearing n ****. i thought last weeks was better (justin t and frankie m) though.

Morf
03-25-03, 10:52 AM
Can you explain what happend in the Eliza prank? I missed the episode.

Bust
03-25-03, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by atari2600
more dax? hes great but hes the main character in every prank. how much more do you want?

Yeah, he's funny as **** though. I'm actually not too sure if we want to see as much of Dax as we're going to get next week though.

Bust
03-25-03, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Morf
Can you explain what happend in the Eliza prank? I missed the episode.

They set up a "Winona" situation with Eliza leaving a store with stolen merchandise. Good stuff.

the aftermath
03-25-03, 10:12 PM
I'm watching the 2nd episode, preferred the first one so far. A little FYI, the black guy used to bet on a BET show called 'Hits from the streets', so he's had a lot of experience pranking and messing around with people. Good to see him still around.

BT
03-26-03, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Bust
The Boxing prank had SO MUCH potential, but I feel like they cut it too short. My first problem with it was that I had no idea who the "mark" was, so I really didn't care if he got "Punk'd" or not. My second problem was, HE WAS READY TO FIGHT OSCAR WITHOUT GLOVES and they stopped it!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!

Actually, I thought that this prank was very funny. They reversed their formula for this one, having the celebrity in on the joke instead of the other way around. And IIRC, the "mark" had no intentions of going bare knuckles with Oscar. He kept mumbling to the black guy about how he needed to get him out of there and that black guys need to stick together so he should help him get out of there. THAT was hilarious. :D

This show is quite funny and I'm enjoying it a lot. Can't wait for next week's episode where they bash the hell out of Wilmer Valderrama's Escalade. The look on his face in the previews are priceless!

-BT

the aftermath
03-26-03, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BT
This show is quite funny and I'm enjoying it a lot. Can't wait for next week's episode where they bash the hell out of Wilmer Valderrama's Escalade. The look on his face in the previews are priceless!

-BT
I think it would be a lot cooler if they just bashed <b>his</b> Escalade rather than the fake one. ;)

Bust
03-26-03, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by BT
And IIRC, the "mark" had no intentions of going bare knuckles with Oscar. He kept mumbling to the black guy about how he needed to get him out of there and that black guys need to stick together so he should help him get out of there. THAT was hilarious. :D

-BT

I'm sure I'll have a chance to watch it again, but it sure seemed to me that he was ready to fight before they stopped it.

WiccanPagan
03-26-03, 04:31 PM
can the non-cable folks get a rundown on the episode. from what i hear this may be the funniest thing ever. :)

Bust
03-26-03, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by WiccanPagan
...the non-cable folks...

-eek-

It boggles the mind!!

WiccanPagan
03-26-03, 07:35 PM
-eek-

It boggles the mind!!for some people it isn't an option. i'm not one of them, but for some. we decided not to go for it seeing as we don't watch too much tv anyway. between me and my roomie we have about 500 dvds, there is always something to watch.

BDB
03-28-03, 03:49 PM
This was good, there was indeed so much more they could have done with the boxing one, I am surprised boxer boy could keep in the laughter, he was cracking up in the booth.

Rogue588
03-28-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by WiccanPagan
...we decided not to go for it seeing as we don't watch too much tv anyway... In the TV Talk Forum?? Blasphemy!

das, we have another one that needs to be drawn & quartered..

WiccanPagan
03-28-03, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Rogue588
In the TV Talk Forum?? Blasphemy!

das, we have another one that needs to be drawn & quartered..i should have been more clear. if you look at this thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280539) you can see that i watch more tv than most people (21-23 hours a week). i should have said we wouldn't watch much cable tv. and with that i refer to basic cable, there is much on hbo that i would check out if we could afford it. hope this clears me to participate in tv talk some more. ;)

MrX
03-28-03, 04:28 PM
The Mandy Moore prank was hilarious. Her face when the dropped the beam and then told her she gave the signal to drop it was great. It's always funny to see the four letter words come flying out of a pop singers mouth.

It was funny listening to her give her ideas on the trailer when she wanted to just say what a piece of s**t it was.

Bust
04-03-03, 09:22 PM
GREAT episode. Every prank had me :lol: . My favorite one this week was the Assistant Hiring Prank. That was so wrong how the delivery guy was "playing" with Tom Arnold's "son". And then those girls letting him leave with him! rotfl

Great guest spot by Tom Arnold. Much better than last week's with De La Hoya.

The "Fes" prank was awesome. Lame though how they had to run that public service announcement over it though. He so wanted to cry. Could you imagine how much funnier these pranks would be if the marks weren't filthy rich?

Jessica Alba... :drool:

Bust
04-03-03, 09:24 PM
By the way, replays on MTV tonight (Thursday) at 11:30 PM EST.

Rogue588
04-03-03, 10:19 PM
Man...I don't know how Daz [Or is it Dez] was able to walk around Jessica nude..

I'd be walking around -other- if I was in the same room with her like that..

[Oh, wait...maybe he was? :lol:]

DeadLamb
04-04-03, 03:56 AM
the Assistant Hiring Prank.

I was pretty impressed how they edited that part also.. they took the 3 girls and 3 story lines and meshed them together into one smooth flow really well, imo.

Of course I would have failed that one being I'm not taking crap from some little kid so about 45 seconds into him acting up as he did it would have been punishment time. Not sure it would have been good tv to just watch me force the kid to sit still on the sofa and not talk anymore. heh

BT
04-04-03, 12:10 PM
It seemed like the kid was wearing an earpiece or something like that so Ashton could give him instructions on what to do and say. I guess none of the assistants noticed it. :p

I loved the look on Wilmer Valderrama's face while Daz was taking the baseball bat and crowbar to his Escalade. :lol:

-BT

the narrator
04-04-03, 02:08 PM
i actually remembered to watch this week...i think this show is pretty good so far. I'm not sure how long it can last though.. it seems sooner or later it will start getting old, but for now it's good to watch. I don't think they will ever be able to top the prank on Justin Timberlake though...that was priceless

LaxBandit
04-18-03, 01:16 PM
[The "Fes" prank was awesome.
Jessica Alba... :drool: [/B]

I thought the concept of the "Fez" punk was cool but the way the skit played out wasn't awesome. Comon, your vehicle is getting smashed in by someone and you just stand there doing nothing? Sure, he could probably go out and buy two or three tomarrow but I still would have done something. He must have figured out something was up way before and just decided to play along. Kutchers actions saved it from being a disaster.

Now Jessica Alba, wow! I would get naked for her!

If anyone missed any of the first five "Punk'd" episodes, MTV is airing all of them back to back this evening from 8:30 pm ET to 11:00 pm ET. The last four episodes (probably) air back to back on Saturday afternoon from 12:00 pm ET to 2:00 pm ET.

LB...

Charlie Goose
04-18-03, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by LaxBandit
I thought the concept of the "Fez" punk was cool but the way the skit played out wasn't awesome. Comon, your vehicle is getting smashed in by someone and you just stand there doing nothing? Sure, he could probably go out and buy two or three tomarrow but I still would have done something. He must have figured out something was up way before and just decided to play along.
I don't think he figured it out, he was just scared down to his shoes. :)

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

asabase
04-18-03, 09:28 PM
Yeah he was just being a pus. Of course the dude had a crowbar but still.

Excelesor
04-22-03, 12:32 AM
Tonights ep looked pretty funny esspecially the guy from 98 degrees and jessica simpson one. startying right now for me.

edytwinky
04-22-03, 03:08 AM
Truly Hilarious! This show is awesome!

conscience
04-22-03, 09:46 AM
I missed it, but I did get caught up on the other ones.

Justin is such a little girl. But I would probably be doing the same thing.

When does the episode reair?

Roto
04-22-03, 10:39 AM
I thought Justin handled it ok considering it looked like they completely cleaned out his house. They need to get rid of that kid that does the red carpet interviews. It's just a ripoff of Stuttering John and The Man Show Boy and not as funny as either one of them. I haven't seen the lastest episode of this show, but the last one I saw they played a joke on some locksmiths, which tells me they are quickly running out of celebrities. They've already had 3 people from That 70's Show. I think they could use more help from MTV and get some more pop stars.

MrX
04-22-03, 10:47 AM
I only saw the Jessica Simpson part last night but that was a great one. I was dying when they kept calling him Rick and the kid asked if this was the backstreet boy:lol: He was pissed.

BT
04-24-03, 01:36 PM
"Rick" rotfl rotfl

Actually, I thought all three were pretty good. Jessica Biel was very cool throughout, and I :lol: at the last one when that Russian girl was about to start crying.

-BT

innocentfreak
05-05-03, 09:46 PM
Did anyone else catch Punk'd tonight? I want some screenshots of Britney and that great top of hers :)

GuessWho
05-05-03, 09:48 PM
I think this is the most Britney boobage we've ever seen.

Blake
05-05-03, 10:01 PM
Now I've gotta watch :)

nightwing82
05-05-03, 10:19 PM
Too bad she kept pulling the top back up :(

DrRingDing
05-05-03, 10:38 PM
oh my... maybe this thread should be moved to the mature forum?! :p

and yes, it was major boobage.
-di doctor-

Dr_Evil
05-05-03, 11:09 PM
Thank god britney had a low cut shirt to keep my attention, I could hardly hear a word they were saying for half the skit with her. Oh well, I'm not complaining. :D

freedexter
05-06-03, 01:12 AM
I found it pretty impressive that a portion of the show was filmed last week, since Britney mentioned "it's his week on SNL"...that meant that he filmed that thing very recently, and now it's airing. That's pretty quick.

dek
05-06-03, 02:13 AM
Rushing the ep definately showed, weakest episode of the season.

BT
05-06-03, 02:17 PM
:thumbsup: Britney's top. When she started jumping up and down I thought for sure we were going to see something naughty :D. Didn't catch the end with Jerome Bettis and Jeff Garcia though.

Still a funny show :)

Michael T Hudson
05-06-03, 07:47 PM
I just watched the replay tonight. Was she wearing an eminem hat? If so that is funny as hell. Hey boobs have to be real. She is such a cutie. :)

atari2600
05-06-03, 08:00 PM
great ep.

bigdaddy; i think it was an eminem hat. or a very similar one.

PJsig08
10-27-03, 12:20 PM
So Punk'd was on last night...anyone else catch it?

They got Missy Elliot first by pretending to have misplaced her jewlery. She got VERY pissed off after several minutes and was threatening to damage the whole store. Next they got Hillary Duff (who is extremely hot btw for 15) into a huge mess during a driving school thing...her teacher got in a "fight" with some other car, then these guys stole the driving school car. Best sketch. Finally, Usher got punked when they pretended his little brother stole a whole bunch of clothes.

Overall, it was a pretty good show. Not up there with last years Justin Timberlake launch episode, but still solid. Next week looks even better. My one complaint is when they finally reveal they've been punked, it's in a pretty lame way. Whatever...Ashton has some good actors this time around though.

Cheddarmuff
10-27-03, 12:37 PM
Caught the show....Missy was getting extremely pissed, and Usher was too funny...."oh, you're famous right......yeah". :lol:

PJsig08
10-27-03, 12:43 PM
Yeah, that was reallly funny with Usher. He totally thought he was cool after that.

nightwing82
10-27-03, 01:11 PM
The Hilary part was hilarious. "My puuuurrrrse! I'm a stuudent driver!!" lol...

I think she is 16 now though.

MJKTool
10-27-03, 01:29 PM
I loved seeing that multi millionaire Missy loose her cool like that. :lol:

And they were MEAN to Duff, thats just messed up :lol:

Didnt really care for the Usher skit.

mrpayroll
10-27-03, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MJKTool
I loved seeing that multi millionaire Missy loose her cool like that. :lol:

And they were MEAN to Duff, thats just messed up :lol:

Didnt really care for the Usher skit.

She just turned 16 on Sept 28th! Actually I thought she kept her cool pretty good. Having a stranger threaten her with physcial harm if she didn't get out of the car. Most girls her age would have fallen apart and screamed and cried. I don't know why she didn't take out her purse though.

Chris

PJsig08
10-27-03, 01:54 PM
Yeah she held her own....that's what we were all sayin'

Joeboo835
10-27-03, 04:01 PM
anyone else think this is set up? I think the reaction by Missy was way too faked and there's no way Hilliary wouldn't have gotten more upset. Any girl would be scared $h!tless and she just sat calmly.

Anywa, if its NOT set up, they should show more of their reactions. Its like "ha, you got punk'd, ok on to the next one". I want to hear more about how pissed they are, what they thought, etc

Charlie Goose
10-27-03, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Joeboo835
anyone else think this is set up? I think the reaction by Missy was way too faked and there's no way Hilliary wouldn't have gotten more upset. Any girl would be scared $h!tless and she just sat calmly.

No, I don't think it was faked. I can very easily imagine Missy wrecking the whole place if she didn't get her bling-bling back. And Hillary Duff is not that good an actress, she really seemed freaked out but in control of herself.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

sq240
10-28-03, 08:54 AM

I don't think it is set up, but I got the impression that they were expecting it. The word is out on Ashton punking stars, so I think they are on the lookout.

Jason

tofu
10-28-03, 09:25 AM
The bit with Missy seemed really fast. It was like they wanted to drag it out but when she threatened to destroy stuff, they had to pull the plug.

The last bit with Usher seemed pretty lame to me. He almost didn't even care that it wasn't real.

Jonny2k1
10-28-03, 01:25 PM
I missed the Missy skit so I will have to check it out.

I do think that the skit with Hilary Duff was pretty mean. If you are a 16-year-old girl who is taking driving lessons, I think you might be traumatized by getting carjacked and having your instructor go off with a baseball bat. It was funny that she only really cared about her purse though.

The Usher skit wasn't all that great. Is Usher really his brother's legal guardian? "I think I am worth more than $5--" - come on man, you wouldn't do a promo spot to save your brother legal trouble. That's messed up.

mrpayroll
10-28-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by tofu
The bit with Missy seemed really fast. It was like they wanted to drag it out but when she threatened to destroy stuff, they had to pull the plug.

The last bit with Usher seemed pretty lame to me. He almost didn't even care that it wasn't real.

http://www.local6.com/news/2588068/detail.html?treets=orlpn&tid=2651907710813&tml=orlpn_4pm&tmi=orlpn_4pm_1_02550110282003&ts=H

Nelly Has $1 Million In Jewelry Stolen

POSTED: 2:54 p.m. EST October 28, 2003

LAS VEGAS -- Rapper Nelly had more than $1 million in jewelry stolen from his Las Vegas Strip hotel room while he was in town for the 2003 Radio Music Awards, authorities said Tuesday.

Nelly, whose real name is Cornell Haynes, claimed the pieces were taken Monday from his room at the Aladdin hotel-casino.

Singer Michelle Branch, who also was staying at the Aladdin, reported that computer equipment was stolen from her room.

Las Vegas Police Officer Tina Ellison said the burglaries were reported at 8:50 p.m. Monday and were being investigated.

Representatives of the two performers had no immediate information Tuesday about the burglaries.

Haynes, of St. Louis, won the award for best driving song for "Shake Ya Tailfeather," which he performed during the show with Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and Murphy Lee.

Chris

Seantn
10-28-03, 04:10 PM
They got punk'd, but Ashton is really stretching this one out.

JestersTear
10-28-03, 04:43 PM
Picked up this link from Fark.com, apparently some celebs are not happy about having tricks played on them, and I can't say I blame them.

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=51623&cat=1027

Shilex
10-28-03, 05:54 PM
So does this mean Dax is no longer on the show? His face is probably pretty recognizable by now, so I figure that would ruin some pranks. He was a great improviser.

I didn't really like the Missy prank. She got pissed too fast and it wasn't that great a prank to begin with. Anyone notice how most of the pranks always involves stealing something?

Hillary Duff prank was pretty good, but just because she was so incredibly cute during it all. :)

You know what's going to be bad? Since a lot of stars are starting to expect to be punk'd, what happens when they get in a real situation but think they are getting punk'd? Someone may end up hurt.

mrpayroll
10-28-03, 05:56 PM
Yeah, there was no way that the actors from last year could be on this year. They probably filmed all of season one, before they started airing them, so that there was no way that Dax and others could be recognized.

Chris

tofu
10-28-03, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by JestersTear
Picked up this link from Fark.com, apparently some celebs are not happy about having tricks played on them, and I can't say I blame them.

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=51623&cat=1027
Now I'm curious about what happened to Dave Navarro and Carmen on that unaired episode.

wmansir
10-29-03, 04:11 AM
I did a quick google search and the Carmen/Navarro joke was that they got into a limo where the driver pretended to be drunk and kidnapped them.

The Hillary Duff prank was the best of the show. I agree she held herself together pretty good. It was hilarious when she was talking non-stop to the instructor after the first confrontation "You said we only stopped at the stop sign for 3 seconds but It was more like 30 seconds and you told me to put the car in park and the guy beeped his horn which I think is normal for someone to do when someone stops at a stop sign for 30 seconds....."

I think they could have had the instructor play it a bit more strait before the initial confrontation. Maybe have the guy act a bit more aggressive, tell her it's a jungle out there, you have to stick up for yourself, ect But when he told her she could just roll thru stop signs and other goofy comments it could have tipped her off.

Red Dog
10-29-03, 08:23 AM
:lol: at Missy being so pissed. The Hilary prank was pretty good as well. The Usher prank was lame.

Seantn
12-12-03, 04:19 PM
Ashton himself has pulled the plug on the show, much to the dissapointment of MTV. Good. Ashton is getting overexposed, and it's actually going to be in his favor to not have to do this show anymore. This story originated at CNN.com.

big whoppa
12-12-03, 04:36 PM
I didn't care for it anyway. Pranks were too mean.

Derrich
12-12-03, 04:38 PM
Ashton got tired of playing the same pranks all the time. He felt he wasn't living up to his full potential so he decided to stay home where he could do Moore.

Oh SNAP! No he didn't! Oh no he didn't! Oh Snap! You go!

D

Alyoshka
12-12-03, 04:47 PM
I'm an actor damnit!

big whoppa
12-12-03, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Derrich
Ashton got tired of playing the same pranks all the time. He felt he wasn't living up to his full potential so he decided to stay home where he could do Moore.

D

You, go, girlfriend!! :lol:

Jericho
12-12-03, 04:59 PM
So why not just get a new host?

G. Noel Gross
12-12-03, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Jericho
So why not just get a new host? Sweet, the ghost of Allen Funt, yo!

mrpayroll
12-12-03, 05:51 PM
http://www.kcal9.com/apentertainment/TV-PunkdCanceled-pe/resources_news_html

Ashton Kutcher pulls plug on `Punk'd'
Friday December 12, 2003
By ANTHONY BREZNICAN
AP Entertainment Writer
LOS ANGELES (AP) Ashton Kutcher says the joke is no longer on him he announced Friday that he's pulling out of the MTV prank show, ``Punk'd,'' after two seasons.

His representatives swear it's not a trick, but anything the prankster Kutcher says must be taken with a bit of skepticism.

The last new episode featuring Kutcher, star of ``That '70s Show,'' is set to run Sunday, where the victim of a practical joke will be singer Beyonce Knowles.

``We have had an incredible time doing the show and have decided to stick with the old adage of `leave 'em wanting more' and that's how we feel with the show,'' said Kutcher, 25, who stars and co-produces the series.

``Punk'd'' is a version of the old ``Candid Camera'' that preys on young celebrities. Among Kutcher's victims: singer Nick Lachey, who thought his wife, Jessica Simpson, had allowed her hillbilly relatives to move their trailer onto his mansion estate, and Justin Timberlake, who was moved to panic when he thought all his belongings had been seized because he owed $900,000 in back taxes.

``Today is a sad day for MTV, but probably a happy day for Hollywood. Celebrities can rest a little easier knowing that the Punkings have ceased,'' said Lois Curren, an MTV executive in charge of series development.

It's possible the announcement is a trick aimed at duping new prank victims. A page on MTV's Web site that promotes Sunday's season finale pledges: ``But don't worry, the new season starts in March.''

Chris

fumanstan
12-12-03, 06:04 PM
It's a funny show, but i imagine it gets harder and harder to do.

Sessa17
12-12-03, 06:19 PM
It's the only show on MTV I've seen the past few years. And it is pretty funny & VERY well done. Ashton is so obnoxious on it I have to mute it or change the channel whenever he talks, but the actors on it are phenomenal.

I think he canned it for 3 reasons, none of which are for the reason of "to keep people wanting more". (I haven't seen all the episodes) but the one on Outcast was extremely elaborate, so maybe the pranks are just getting to out of hand. The other reason I think he canned it is to end it before someone Punks him. It's bound to happen eventually.

And the MAIN reason I think he ended it is b/c he IS a celebrity & he wants to break into movies big. I think a lot of other celebs are getting pissed, you read it all the time in the NY POST columns, that celebs thing wherever they go now, if something is weird they think they are getting punked. I don't think it's a good career move for Ashton to piss off people he will potentially have to work with down the line.

Regarless, it was a very good show, & it's really funny seeing how unbelievablly stupid celebrities are.

POWERBOMB
12-12-03, 09:30 PM
I think he tried to punk Suge Knight.......

Doctorwho
12-12-03, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Derrich

D

:rotflmao: :thumbsup:

Corky Roxbury
12-13-03, 06:16 AM
I call bullshit on this, but would be glad to get Kutcher off this show they should get a new host.

and big whoppa: pranks were too mean :hscratch:

MFRONE
12-13-03, 10:07 AM
They can't get a new host because Kutcher is pretty much the creator of the show and comes up with most of the ideas.

MTV.com says on its main page that it's the series finale on Sunday.

necros
12-13-03, 11:33 AM
Don't you see?! We're the one being Punk'd now! He's gonna come back next season and laugh at us for believing it!!

BTW, good riddance, the show sucked anyway.

spainlinx0
12-13-03, 12:28 PM
I don't know how Kutcher could be so funny on that 70's show, but so damn annoying on this one. However, I did think a lot of the pranks were very funny.

big whoppa
12-13-03, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Corky Roxbury
I call bullshit on this, but would be glad to get Kutcher off this show they should get a new host.

and big whoppa: pranks were too mean :hscratch:

Yeah, mean-spirited. I guess for these times a candid-camera type of show needs to be this way for ratings.

PHMustang2000
12-13-03, 03:28 PM
Wow I can't believe Jamie Kennedy's show has lasted longer than his. I liked Punk'd alot more. O well

Adam Tyner
12-13-03, 04:15 PM
There were some great moments this season, but it didn't really work for me as well as the first season did. There tended to be one fairly notable celeb in each episode, but by and large, the celebrities tended to be kinda second-drawer.

Jericho
12-13-03, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by MFRONE
They can't get a new host because Kutcher is pretty much the creator of the show and comes up with most of the ideas.

MTV.com says on its main page that it's the series finale on Sunday.

So Kutcher is the only person in the universe able to come up prank ideas?

Adam Tyner
12-13-03, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Jericho
So Kutcher is the only person in the universe able to come up prank ideas?

Since Kutcher and his pal Jason Goldberg were also producers, perhaps there's some legal barrier that would prevent MTV from continuing with the series. <small>(I did a trademark search, though, and Viacom does own the "Punk'd" trademark, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have full control over the series and its concept.)</small> MTV may also feel that Kutcher was an integral part of the show's success and wouldn't work as well with someone else as host. MTV may also want to avoid trying to xerox the show to maintain a good working relationship with Kutcher/Goldberg for other projects.

NitroJMS
12-13-03, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by POWERBOMB
I think he tried to punk Suge Knight.......

I'd pay to see that, although they'd probably find Kutcher in a dumpster a few days later. Not like his career isn't heading there anyways...

Michael Corvin
12-14-03, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is one giant 'punked' in itself. Fooling all of hollywood. But then again, how would you top that?

POWERBOMB
12-14-03, 12:34 AM
On the initial web page that broke this story there was a line near the bottom that stated the new season of Punk'd would be in April '04.

FuzzyBallz
12-14-03, 02:23 AM
Wonder what kinda dumb crap their gonna put on to replace that retarded show next.

The pranks the dip shit pull only get dumb people. Some people just don't fall for it, and the dip shit gets all scare, jumps out and calls it off.

Too bad his dumb ass didn't try to pull the prank on a brother (a real brother. not a sissy like usher. I'm talking about snoop and crew, 50 and crew), he'd have gonna a cap put in his ass so quick.

PJsig08
12-14-03, 03:26 AM
There'll be another huge MTV hit show soon anyways....look back the last few years alone and these hugely popular shows for MTV:

Tom Green
Jackass
Cribs
Osbournes
Newly Weds

Josh-da-man
12-14-03, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Adam Tyner
There were some great moments this season, but it didn't really work for me as well as the first season did. There tended to be one fairly notable celeb in each episode, but by and large, the celebrities tended to be kinda second-drawer.

I saw the first two eps, and it seemed like this season's theme was going to be "let's keep rappers away from their bling-bling."

Yawn. What a bunch of dull, shallow shit.

And, after watching the one with Missy Elliot, I believe she may be mildly retarded.

me7h0dman
12-14-03, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
And, after watching the one with Missy Elliot, I believe she may be mildly retarded.

Michael Corvin
12-14-03, 09:19 PM
I've only seen one and it was pretty funny.

Carjacking Hilary Duff while she in a drivers ed car.
And a fine shopping establishment telling Usher he can't shop there cause his brother was caught stealing.

Joeboo835
12-16-03, 06:39 AM
I thought he was tryin' to punk us by supposedly dating Demi Moore. I guess i got punked cause they're still together.

BT
12-16-03, 04:00 PM
I thought the Outkast scenario was well-done. It reminded me of Justin Timberlake getting it.

Back on topic, I agree in calling B.S. on the "cancellation" of Punk'd. He'll be back with more inane highjinks.

chemosh6969
12-16-03, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Adam Tyner
MTV may also want to avoid trying to xerox the show

MTV not xeroxing anything, that's funny. That's the only thing they ever do.

Verbal Gorilla
12-17-03, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by chemosh6969
MTV not xeroxing anything, that's funny. That's the only thing they ever do.

They have had shows identical to Punk'd before. Wasn't this what Method Man and Redman's show was?

Big Quasimodo
12-18-03, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Sessa17
It's the only show on MTV I've seen the past few years. And it is pretty funny & VERY well done. Ashton is so obnoxious on it I have to mute it or change the channel whenever he talks, but the actors on it are phenomenal.

Regarless, it was a very good show, & it's really funny seeing how unbelievablly stupid celebrities are.

:up: and further, I hope there is an uncensored DVD version in the works (with a "skip all Ashton intro's" option)!!!

kramdenfan
01-12-04, 12:41 PM
-------------------------------------

Hollywood hunk Ashton Kutcher will carry on pranking celebrities, after only pretending to axe hit show Punk'd.

The actor pulled the plug on the MTV show last month, after 'victims' began catching on to his crazy antics.

But sources now claim the announcement was a spoof and the show will return.

An insider tells website Page Six, "Ashton couldn't get any pranks done because people were catching on. So he announced that the show was over and that way he can still punk people."

However, a spokesperson for MTV says, "Ashton said he was pulling the plug, so as far as we know, the show is over."

Photo Copyright Vince Bucci / Getty Images

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2003
-----------------------------------

So it looks like Ashton was pulling a Punk'd on everyone....

Rogue588
01-12-04, 01:33 PM
oh that Ashton!

14:59:45

Morf
01-12-04, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Rogue588
14:59:45

You're being generous. His 15 min. were up long ago.

kramdenfan
01-12-04, 02:06 PM
rotfl

Roto
01-12-04, 02:32 PM
Didn't take long for that secret to get out :p

He's still excellent on That 70's Show, so I have nothing bad to say about the guy. The one thing I particularly liked about Punk'd was that he always would rant about how out of touch with reality these celebrities are (Frankie Muniz's cars, Tracy Morgan driving to a party across the street) I'm kinda curious what the reviews will say about his new movie this month.

Charlie Goose
01-12-04, 03:38 PM
Was this much subterfuge really necessary to fool the likes of N'Sync and Shannon Elizabeth?
I would think a sheet of paper with "How do you keep an idiot busy? (Turn Over)" written on both sides would suffice.

Rogue588
01-12-04, 03:45 PM
rotfl

yeah, but at least Shannon would look good while doing it.. ;)

mrpayroll
01-12-04, 03:58 PM
But how does this jive with this?

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|85664|1|,00.html

Kutcher's Still MTV's 'Best Friend'
(Saturday, January 10 09:36 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Ashton Kutcher's decision to pull the plug on "Punk'd" came as a surprise to MTV, but the cable network apparently doesn't have any hard feelings toward him.
The "That '70s Show" star's production company, Katalyst Films, has a pilot for another hidden-camera show called "My New Best Friend" in development at MTV. It's one of close to 20 projects the network is considering for the coming year.

Based on a British show of the same name, "My New Best Friend" revolves around contestants trying to convince their friends and family that an improv actor is the player's new bosom buddy. It's no easy sell, as the actor behaves as inappropriately as possible in front of the contestant's other acquaintances.

"We looked at 'Punk'd' as a great platform for improv actors. This is also a show where improv actors really take it to the limit," Katalyst's Jason Goldberg tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Kutcher will serve as co-executive producer of "Best Friend" but isn't expected to appear on camera.

They aren't confusing the 2 are they?

Chris

Jonny2k1
01-12-04, 04:10 PM
IMO, they should keep this show off the air. Some of the early jokes were hilarious, but the later episodes were just tired.

Jackskeleton
01-12-04, 05:54 PM
Oh, just in time for his new movie Butterfly effect.. I wonder if that is by chance alone.. -rolleyes-

jaeufraser
01-12-04, 10:37 PM
I'm hoping they keep Punk'd and 70s show on tv for a long time. As long as Ashton is doing those, he won't be in other movies and that's a GOOD thing. I find Punk'd funny, but Ashton is Ashton, and he's a fairly worthless actor (ok ok I liked Dude Where's my Car what the hey it was funny and had an upskirt jodie ann paterson shot).

Jackskeleton
01-12-04, 10:48 PM
and then?

groovrbaby
01-13-04, 02:45 AM
****. And here i thought it was gone.

Draven
01-13-04, 06:59 AM
I love how everyone is taking the World Entertainment News Network report as fact.

jayson1017
01-13-04, 01:40 PM
Great! Some more Candid Camera!

RoyalTea
01-13-04, 04:06 PM
eh

jamie kennedy is MUCH better at ripping off Candid Camera than ashton kutcher

Verbal Gorilla
01-13-04, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by RoyalTea
eh

jamie kennedy is MUCH better at ripping off Candid Camera than ashton kutcher

Maybe...but the enjoyment of Punk'd was the targets of the gags....Jamie Kennedy picks on normal folk, no?

El Scorcho
01-13-04, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
and then?

NO AND THEN!

ZakVTA
01-13-04, 10:12 PM

mariakitty
01-13-04, 10:42 PM
i'm sorry to see the return of this show. I feel personally punk'd.

Original Desmond
01-14-04, 01:34 AM
he needs to be punk'd! with an AK47!

mariakitty
01-14-04, 10:56 AM
You said it!

Aphex Twin
01-14-04, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by El Scorcho
NO AND THEN!

Where is this from? I forgot.

Quake1028
01-14-04, 06:24 PM
Dude, Where's My Car?

Big Quasimodo
01-14-04, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by mrpayroll
But how does this jive with this?
Chris

JIBE, you jive turkey. :rolleyes:

Main Entry: 3jibe
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): jibed; jib∑ing
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1813
: to be in accord : AGREE

P.S. OT: Kutcher is the WORST part of Punk'd. The skits/scenario's are generally great, but his into's and the fact that the camera barely captures the victim's reactions are WEAK!

mrpayroll
01-14-04, 07:30 PM
Well you learn something new everyday! ;)

Chris

warcp
01-15-04, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by mrpayroll
Based on a British show of the same name, "My New Best Friend" revolves around contestants trying to convince their friends and family that an improv actor is the player's new bosom buddy. It's no easy sell, as the actor behaves as inappropriately as possible in front of the contestant's other acquaintances.
Chris
Wow, that sounds absolutely nothing like My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, in which the girl has to convince her family that the actor playing her fiance is real. Ashton the innovator.

mrpayroll
01-16-04, 05:16 PM
http://www.kcal9.com/apentertainment/TV-PunkdOut-pe/resources_news_html

Ashton Kutcher promises he's not `punking' MTV fans
Thursday January 15, 2004
By ANTHONY BREZNICAN
AP Entertainment Writer
LOS ANGELES (AP) Ashton Kutcher knows he's the boy who cried ``Punk'd!'' but he promises that his MTV practical joke show is really and truly finished.

Despite the understandable public skepticism, Kutcher says he's NOT playing one of his signature pranks on fans.

He really is all punk'd out.

``I've become the boy who cried wolf,'' he acknowledged to The Associated Press while offering some assurance that his decision to end the show after two seasons isn't just another hoax.

``Let's put it this way,'' he said. ``I'm getting ready to start shooting two movies, I'm still working on `That '70s Show,' I'm producing two other shows for MTV and creating a one-hour drama pilot for Fox ... I don't have the time.''

That won't leave much time for making monkeys out of his celebrity pals with tricks such as moving fake hillbilly relatives onto the grounds of their mansions (like he did to ``Newlyweds'' stars Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson, who helped play the joke on her husband) or stealing a $200,000-plus automobile (the fate that befell ``Malcolm in the Middle'' star Frankie Muniz).

Fans who feel they will be unable to survive without a fresh dose of ``Punk'd'' can get their fix Tuesday when the first season of the prank show comes out on DVD.

The two-disc set includes previously unseen footage and extended scenes of pranks on stars including Justin Timberlake, who thought his home and possessions had been seized by the Internal Revenue Service.

Kutcher said he started the show by springing jokes on pals he knew would be willing to let him highlight their gullibility on national television. Then it became a status symbol for young stars to be the victim of a ``Punk'd'' gag.

``People were really skeptical about this show in its first season,'' Kutcher said. ``What I always said was, `You don't look like a fool, you look like a human being.' It's humanizing. It brings you back down to a relatable level.''

Let's put this rumor to bed once and for all.... until he Punk's us again! ;)

Chris

edytwinky
01-17-04, 06:16 AM
Man, I'd love to have a Season 3

mrpayroll
04-01-04, 03:51 PM
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|87221|1|,00.html

(Thursday, April 01 11:22 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - It's April Fools Day, so it's probably appropriate that MTV chose today to announce the return of "Punk'd" to its lineup later this month.
And yes, it appears that "Punk'd" mastermind Ashton Kutcher had his fingers crossed when he said late last year that he was finished with the show.

"We have had an incredible time doing the show and have decided to stick with the old adage of 'leave 'em wanting more,'" Kutcher said in December. MTV exec Lois Curren noted at the time that "Celebrities can rest a little easier knowing that the Punkings have ceased."

Yeah, not so much.
New episodes of the show, which plays elaborate practical jokes on Kutcher's celebrity cohorts, will begin airing at 10 p.m. ET Sunday, April 25. "Punk'd" is rejoining MTV's "Sunday Stew" lineup, which will also include new episodes of "Viva La Bam," "Wildboyz" and the channel's newest hit, "Pimp My Ride."

After this batch of episodes -- which, by the way, help fulfill a 20-episode order MTV made after the show's first season -- MTV isn't sure what will happen with "Punk'd." A network spokeswoman says that "we love having Ashton on the channel," but MTV and Kutcher haven't had serious talks about extending the show's run beyond this season.

What a damn liar he is! :mad:

Chris

DVD Josh
04-01-04, 04:22 PM
It's very well possible that they have enough outtakes and unused material to have a few new shows. They also may have been able to obtain permission where they hadn't been able to before.

Gizmo
04-01-04, 06:45 PM
Sounds like BS to me..

whynotsmile
04-01-04, 06:59 PM
April fools Ashton! we wont watch it

EvilConradBain
04-10-04, 10:53 AM
Word is it involved P Diddy not sure what the set up is. But I guess Puffy said he could never be Punk'D.

EvilConradBain
04-25-04, 11:48 PM
The Adam Brody one was pretty funny. The Matthew Perry one got a little redundent and the Eve one was only okay. I wish they had better pranks like the Timberlake and Jessica Simpson ones.

Trelach24
04-26-04, 12:06 AM
Yeah, you'd think they'd lead off the new season with a bang. I hope they've got some better stuff than that this season.

MJKTool
04-26-04, 01:58 PM
I didn't care for it at all. Just seemed more "mean" this time around, moreso than funny.

GuessWho
04-26-04, 02:29 PM
Ever since I found out that the Beyonce punking was a put-on* I'm very skeptical and always wonder if the celeb is just going along with it or not.

*She figured out it was a joke and just went along anyway, hence all the far shots and cuts away from her face. (she was laughing)

SuperJim88
04-26-04, 03:22 PM
You mean celebrities are known to pretend and put-on an "act"? Given that most of these celebrities' profession is acting, who would've though of that?!

Mind boggling!!!

Doug Heffernan
04-26-04, 03:45 PM
A big yawn to punk'd.

DRG
04-26-04, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by GuessWho
Ever since I found out that the Beyonce punking was a put-on* I'm very skeptical and always wonder if the celeb is just going along with it or not.

*She figured out it was a joke and just went along anyway, hence all the far shots and cuts away from her face. (she was laughing)

This whole time I actually thought she was being an insensitive ***** when I saw her laugh during that. Maybe she's TOO good of an actress. ;)

devilshalo
04-26-04, 05:50 PM
I'm waiting for Spunk'd. Where Kuchar gives celebrities a facial surprise. Oh wait, Nickelodeon has been doing that for a while.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040405/mdf515981.jpg

MJKTool
04-26-04, 06:10 PM
Are those the Olsen's?

devilshalo
04-26-04, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by MJKTool
Are those the Olsen's?

Yes! :eek:

MJKTool
04-26-04, 06:51 PM
Preview of things to come in the future? :D

whynotsmile
04-26-04, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by devilshalo
I'm waiting for Spunk'd. Where Kuchar gives celebrities a facial surprise. Oh wait, Nickelodeon has been doing that for a while.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040405/mdf515981.jpg

" i got em good!"
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=the+jolly+green+giant/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://www.cheekwood.org/art/collection/iacollect/art3/Belmont/Jgg.jpg

funny how i click on a thread about a shitty mtv show starring ashton kutcher and a few posts down and i'm already thinking about a fictional green giant ejaculating on the twins from full house.

Josh-da-man
04-26-04, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by EvilConradBain
The Adam Brody one was pretty funny. The Matthew Perry one got a little redundent and the Eve one was only okay. I wish they had better pranks like the Timberlake and Jessica Simpson ones.

I was afraid to watch this.

After Kutcher cancelled the series, then un-cancelled it, I was fearful that, for the new show, he'd appear on-screen and scream "I punk'd YOUR ass!" and commence to show a half an hour of "Fraternity Life" out-takes of the pledges giving the frat-boys handjobs.

the narrator
04-26-04, 11:57 PM
I didn't much care for the episode....i hope it gets better

mrpayroll
10-01-04, 10:45 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=529&e=2&u=/ap/20041001/ap_en_tv/tv_punk_d

Fri Oct 1, 8:33 AM ET Entertainment - AP

NEW YORK - A warning to celebrities: you're not in the clear just yet. "Punk'd," hosted by Ashton Kutcher, will continue for three more seasons, MTV spokesman David French confirmed Wednesday.

Kutcher and company will film 24 new episodes of the hidden-camera prank show, the first of which will air sometime next year.

In the past, Kutcher has been secretive and contradictory about the future of "Punk'd," perhaps with the idea of keeping celebrities unsuspecting. (Nick Lachey (news) thought his wife, Jessica Simpson (news), had allowed her hillbilly relatives to move their trailer onto his mansion estate, and Justin Timberlake (news) was moved to panic when he thought all his belongings had been seized because he owed $900,000 in back taxes.)

In January, Kutcher told The Associated Press, "Let's put it this way. I'm getting ready to start shooting two movies, I'm still working on `That '70s Show,' I'm producing two other shows for MTV and creating a one-hour drama pilot for Fox ... I don't have the time."

Three months later, "Punk'd" returned to MTV for its third season.

I don't know how effective this show can be, announcing a 3 year pickup!

Chris

GuessWho
10-01-04, 11:03 AM
3 seasons does not equal 3 years. At 8 eps a "season," they can easily run 8 weeks in a row, take a few months off, another 8 weeks, etc... and be done in a year and a half.

Mopower
10-01-04, 12:23 PM
Oh god why???

Flay
10-01-04, 12:30 PM
Craptacular

the narrator
10-01-04, 01:03 PM
i already gave up on this show part way through the first season

Tommy_Harn
10-01-04, 01:44 PM
Sweet. Three more seasons of celebrities pretending to be duped.

Cornholio
10-01-04, 03:22 PM
i dont like this show very much at all it seems way too fake.

Jack Straw
05-01-05, 06:23 PM
I just discovered the show today and I'm amazed how this show is able to not get it's ass sued off? I'm also amazed that none of the antics have resulted in "bystanders" reacting in very adverse and unexpected ways. For example the show with Ciara(sp?) had a black man fleeing from police. What would happen if someone intervened in that type of situation. They can't have such a controlled environment where they can plan for every type of contingency. That being said, I cannot turn the channel when this show is on.

visitor Q
05-10-05, 07:55 PM
So, I'm watching Punk'd the other day - the one where this little cutie's http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:L6kBBSUctCAJ:www.nrc.nl/images/307_406rodriguez.JPG butt was hanging so far outta her pants, MTV didn't even know what to do. The punk plot was essentially to make her feel terrible after she pushes her boyfriend, who procedes to stumble backwards and knocks a row of grocery shelving over via a domino effect. The last couple of shelves falls on to one of the main pranksters, who ends up lying there on the floor all messed up in his fake injurious glory.

Anyway, during the process, Rodriguez feels genuinely concerned and apologetic. Afterwards, she appears genuinely surprised that she'd just been grand toasted. After watching a few other episodes, I've found others getting punk'd to pretty much demonstrate the same sentiments.

Ok .. so at this point, I realize I have absolutely no life by wasting any time with these shows .. but at the same time, it gets me thinking. They use the same two guys to do most of the pranking and they reappear episode after episode, keeping in mind I've probably only watched it half a dozen times. Do these celebrities really live on another planet? Do they not see the "common" pranksters and subsequently not realize that they are being had? They always seemingly know at the end of the show what "punk'd" means. So, I'm assuming some of the victims have seen the show before. - obviously at least heard of it. Or is this show totally fixed?

... come on, spoil it for me :)

j123vt_99
05-10-05, 08:31 PM
So, I'm watching Punk'd the other day - the one where this little cutie's http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:L6kBBSUctCAJ:www.nrc.nl/images/307_406rodriguez.JPG butt was hanging so far outta her pants, MTV didn't even know what to do. The punk plot was essentially to make her feel terrible after she pushes her boyfriend, who procedes to stumble backwards and knocks a row of grocery shelving over via a domino effect. The last couple of shelves falls on to one of the main pranksters, who ends up lying there on the floor all messed up in his fake injurious glory.

Anyway, during the process, Rodriguez feels genuinely concerned and apologetic. Afterwards, she appears genuinely surprised that she'd just been grand toasted. After watching a few other episodes, I've found others getting punk'd to pretty much demonstrate the same sentiments.

Ok .. so at this point, I realize I have absolutely no life by wasting any time with these shows .. but at the same time, it gets me thinking. They use the same two guys to do most of the pranking and they reappear episode after episode, keeping in mind I've probably only watched it half a dozen times. Do these celebrities really live on another planet? Do they not see the "common" pranksters and subsequently not realize that they are being had? They always seemingly know at the end of the show what "punk'd" means. So, I'm assuming some of the victims have seen the show before. - obviously at least heard of it. Or is this show totally fixed?

i believe they film a whole season before airing any episodes to prevent exactly what you are describing... so the 'world' has not seen the pranksters

Charlie Goose
05-10-05, 08:36 PM
Ya, I think it's a whole new crew this season. I guess Dax was too famous.

I still think the best Punk'd is one of the very first, with Justin Timberlake's house and possessions being taken by the IRS. "You took my dogs?!?" :lol:

cupon
05-10-05, 08:37 PM

It's all staged.

Timber
05-10-05, 09:22 PM
I stopped watching during the second season but I think they change the cast every season. Dax and the Black guy weren't aroung for season 2 so I'm assuming that the season 2 people weren't around for season 3.

Chauzer
05-14-05, 11:54 AM
i like it, it's funny

Big Boy Laroux
05-14-05, 10:58 PM
yeah, it's all new cast this season, from what i can tell. and ashton stopped doing them after the first season, otherwise he'd never get anyone.

TyroneJordan
04-09-06, 12:17 AM
Lol They Had A Guy In Such A Realistic Gorilla Suit Go After Ashley Loooooooool.

Charlie Goose
04-09-06, 09:47 AM
No idea who Ashley Parker Angel is, but he showed some balls trying to get the gorilla away from his girlfriend. He didn't get too close though.

Rogue588
04-09-06, 01:00 PM
:hscratch: This show is still on?

csim
04-09-06, 01:30 PM
When will this show ever die?

RUSF18
04-09-06, 02:36 PM
Ashley Parker Angel is, by far, the girliest name I've ever heard.

mrpayroll
03-27-07, 11:27 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070327/en_nm/punkd_dc_1

By Kimberly Nordyke
Tue Mar 27, 2:03 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - MTV's celebrity prank show "Punk'd" will end after its upcoming season, during which unsuspecting victims will include Hilary Swank, Magic Johnson, Evangeline Lilly and Nelly Furtado, the network said Monday.

This isn't the first time such an announcement has been made. In December 2003, following the show's second cycle, executive producer Ashton Kutcher said he was pulling the plug. Speculation immediately arose that it was a ploy to lower the guard of celebrity targets; indeed, "Punk'd" returned in April 2004.

However, MTV Networks Music Group entertainment president Brian Graden said Monday that the show is officially finished this time, but that there might be future collaborations with Kutcher on other projects.

MTV plans to debut the entire final season -- all eight episodes -- back-to-back in a "Sneak Peek Marathon" starting at 1 p.m. April 7. The series then premieres at 9 p.m. April 10 as part of a new Tuesday night block that also will include "Scarred" at 9:30 p.m., "Real World/Road Rules Inferno" at 10 p.m. and "Living Lahaina" at 10:30 p.m.

Graden said it was unlikely that most viewers would watch the entire "Punk'd" marathon, but he hoped it would generate buzz for the show.

As a tribute to the final season, Kutcher will host a special "Punk'd Awards" honoring all eight seasons at 9 p.m. June 5. Kutcher created "Punk'd" with fellow executive producer Jason Goldberg.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

I think this is a good time to end the series. Eight seasons is a good run and they have some very good "Punk'ds" over the years. I still think the first one with Justin Timberlake was the best reaction they've had.

I'm going to record the marathon so I don't have to worry about recording it each week.

Ashton has given us some fine moments in television starting with his 'Kelso' character on 'That 70's Show' followed by Punk'd and now 'Beauty & the Geek'. :thumbsup:

Chris

Rogue588
03-27-07, 11:45 AM
Ahh, the memories. Whevever will I get my "pranking the overpaid, undertalented "celebrity"" goodness from?

:(

Ovid
03-28-07, 12:44 AM
Don't they "cancel" every season?

Joeboo835
03-28-07, 08:07 AM
I still think this show would have been huge had they put more time into capturing the reaction of the "celebrities". They do the prank then they show the guy for like 3 seconds after finding out he was punk'd and then thats it. I was always curious as to what they thought, did they know it was coming, etc. But all we see is the actual setup and not hte payoff.

Just my opinion

CPA-ESQ.
03-28-07, 08:58 AM
I was always curious as to what they thought, did they know it was coming, etc.

I agree. What were they thinking as the prank was going on? Did they catch on as the prank was going on - if so when?

Patrick G
03-28-07, 09:02 AM
So, over all this time, has anyone heard of a successful punking of Ashton himself? How many times do you suppose it's been tried and how much time, effort and film do you think has been wasted on failed attempts? I mean, did Timberlake ever get him back (other than the SNL impersonation)? Surely he's tried. I'm betting Ashton calls bull5hit on anything going on around him that appears suspicious or unusual.

mrpayroll
04-04-07, 05:10 PM
It looks like this is what he will be doing in the near future.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7347

3 KINGS (MTV, New!) - RDF USA ("Wife Swap") and Ashton Kutcher's Katalyst Films ("Punk'd") are developing a U.S. version of the British reality format of the same name. Said project, which will be shot in front of an audience, revolves around a set of masked contestants - possibly Kutcher himself or other celebrities - competing in a series of offbeat challenges focused on three separate areas: speed, skill and pain. Among the possibilities: tossing items at a bull until the bull chases them out of a ring. The winner then assumes the role of "king" while the losers are unmasked. MTV has given a pilot order to the project, which will be executive produced by Chris Coelen, Greg Goldman, Jason Goldberg and Kutcher via their respective companies.

Commitment: Ordered to pilot
Cast: TBA
Writer: TBA
Director: TBA
Executive Producers: Ashton Kutcher, Chris Coelen, Greg Goldman, Jason Goldberg
Studios: Katalyst Films, RDF USA

Chris

Charlie Goose
04-05-07, 07:44 AM
I still think this show would have been huge had they put more time into capturing the reaction of the "celebrities". They do the prank then they show the guy for like 3 seconds after finding out he was punk'd and then thats it. I was always curious as to what they thought, did they know it was coming, etc. But all we see is the actual setup and not hte payoff.

Just my opinion
True dat. Sometimes they didn't even show the initial reaction to the prank, which is totally stupid.

NoDAK
04-07-07, 07:13 PM
Damn it...forgot about this, until just now. So, did anyone catch the marathon?
If you did, are any episodes worth watching this season?

mrpayroll
04-07-07, 10:08 PM
Damn it...forgot about this, until just now. So, did anyone catch the marathon?
If you did, are any episodes worth watching this season?

I just watched the first episode and the last installment with Hayden Panettiere was pretty good. She is a spunky almost 18 year old.

And the previews of the remaining episodes (which I will watch during the next couple of days) look like there are going to be big fireworks happening. It should be a pretty good last season.

Ashton did talk about his wife Demi for the first couple of minutes. It was pretty funny, because the first stunt was based on her movie Indecent Proposal with Robert Redford & Woody Harrelson.

Chris

dex14
03-30-12, 04:26 PM
This was awful!

And watching the producers and people involved get all excited....for Justin Bieber...was painful.

Schloob1
03-30-12, 04:37 PM
It was alright, love how Rob totally had it sniffed out that he was being Punk'ed. "Man the lighting is real nice, etc. This is Punk'ed, it has to be" That was too funny, otherwise yeah it was not as good as it has been in the past.

critterdvd
03-30-12, 04:45 PM
I felt the episode was kinda "meh" - I'm looking forward to the non Bieber episodes to really test it out though.

mhg83
03-30-12, 05:51 PM
Was this the one where they punkd Taylor Swift? I also heard they have plans for Selena Gomez

Schloob1
03-30-12, 07:56 PM
Was this the one where they punkd Taylor Swift? I also heard they have plans for Selena Gomez

Yes, punked her and tried to punk Rob Dyrdrek(sp.?) and finally Miley Cyrus.

Looking forward to when they punk Ronnie.

GuessWho
03-30-12, 08:45 PM
Bad.

dex14
08-18-15, 07:28 AM
So... this is happening...

BET Networks unveiled the new cast of returning iconic prank series, "PUNK'D", which premieres Tuesday, August 18 at 10:30 PM ET/PT. Comedian and social media star, DeStorm Power, leads the team as host, while digital media powerhouse, King Bach, steps in as special guest host to pull off the funniest capers. Comedians and actors, Amberia Allen and Ron G., round out the cast as the featured "players" who directly interact with the unsuspecting celeb "marks." The cast names have been a closely guarded secret during production, as the team pulled off outrageous stunts on Hollywood's biggest celebrities. Comedian, musician and social media superstar DeStorm Power hosts this season, adding his comedic prowess and creativity which set the tone for what's sure to be a hilariously entertaining season. DeStorm was recently nominated for a 2015 Streamy Award and was previously awarded an American Music Award and a YouTube Music Award. Similarly, digital media superstar King Bach (aka Andrew Bachelor) has risen to fame with his hilarious sketch comedy viral videos on YouTube, and is one of Vine's most popular performers, counting over 13 million followers. King Bach has appeared on shows such as "Burn Notice," "House of Lies," and MTV's "Wild 'N' Out." No stranger to BET, Amberia Allen is a rising star who recently hosted "PS: The BET Post Show" and co-hosted BET's pop culture-skewering viral clip show, "The XPeriment." Finally, "player" Ron G., first made a splash as a finalist on Bill Bellamy's "Who's Got Jokes" and season six of NBC's "Last Comic Standing." He has also appeared on "Chelsea Lately's" round table and "The Arsenio Hall Show" as featured comedian.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1NyHjn5PbNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deadman31
08-18-15, 10:55 AM
Hopefully they pull a prank where somebody drugs Bill Cosby and rapes him.