Old 03-30-12, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Nikita -- "Power" -- 3/30/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Amanda (Melinda Clarke) and Ari (guest star Peter Outerbridge) set up a board meeting with Zetrov and prepare to take over the company. After a heated face-to-face confrontation between Nikita (Maggie Q) and Amanda, Nikita recalls what Amanda was like when she was first brought to Division. Meanwhile, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) surprises Ari by showing up at the board meeting with an old and powerful friend. Shane West and Aaron Stanford also star. Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Carlos Coto (#218).

Episode 18 of 23

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uXJAApa9lsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Producer Preview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-HTK_SMRUEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't wait for Nikita vs. Amanda.
Old 03-31-12, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Power" -- 3/30/12

Really solid episode as usual. Too bad very few people, especially in this forum watch this.

The Nikita and Amanda fight scene in the beginning was pretty good, although a little bit too short.

As the episode title says, I loved how this episode focused on the changing of Power between Division and Zetrov. Percy's hostile takeover of Division was awesome. I loved how he outsmarted Amanda.

I also loved how Alex manipulated the Zetrov board to force out Ari as well.

I loved the scene where Nikita outsmarted Amanda and using past emotions that she may have felt for her being her mentor at Division.

Good stuff this week, too bad the next episode is almost 4 weeks from now.
Old 03-31-12, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a good day for Amanda and Tasarov. I'm glad they kept Amanda, though. Great stuff between her and Nikita (and Nikita looked amazing in that blue dress).

Funny how Percy took Division back by actually telling the truth. I'm guessing Sonya will join Team Nikita in the future (obviously, Birkhoff is smitten).

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Nikita and Amanda fight scene in the beginning was pretty good, although a little bit too short.
It wasn't much of an action scene, but it provided some good insight into Amanda. That was the first time she ever showed some conscience. I liked Nikita's line when she spared Amanda's life, that she saw it as a moment of strength, not weakness.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good stuff this week, too bad the next episode is almost 4 weeks from now.
I don't understand the CW's weird scheduling. Fingers crossed that this somehow manages to get a third season.
Old 03-31-12, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maggie Q looked so good in this episode that I decided to improve my eating habits, and work harder at my career, just so that in case I ever meet her by chance, I'll feel like I have a shot.

D
Old 04-01-12, 04:59 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode.
Old 04-03-12, 04:43 PM

Great episode all around! Loved the Nikita/Amanda stuff and the hostile takeovers of Zetrov and Division.

Hopefully this episode finally puts the Michael's Son storyline to bed. Plus, glad that Carla was killed off last episode.

I wonder what's going to happen to Gogol now that Ari has been kicked out. I doubt Gogol would back Nikita against Division as that would upset her "underdog" status, but it's still a cool thought. Alex in charge of Gogol would be pretty awesome actually.

We need more Berkoff! No more CIA agent potential love interest! More Roan and Guardians! They're badass!

Really hope this show gets another season.

Last edited by SiberianLlama; 04-04-12 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-04-12, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by SiberianLlama
More Roan and Guardians! They're badass!

Really hope this show gets another season.

Aren't all the guardians that still work for Percy dead already?
Old 04-04-12, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
Aren't all the guardians that still work for Percy dead already?
No, at least one is still alive (the Scottish one, I think). He wasn't in this last episode, but was in the one before that, where Percy was trying to kill Division agents and blame it on Golgol. When Nikita goes to the parking Garage to try and stop the assassination of the female Division agent there, the guy who stops her is a guardian. She says as much, plus he was able to pretty easily disable her.
Old 04-04-12, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by SiberianLlama
No, at least one is still alive (the Scottish one, I think). He wasn't in this last episode, but was in the one before that, where Percy was trying to kill Division agents and blame it on Golgol. When Nikita goes to the parking Garage to try and stop the assassination of the female Division agent there, the guy who stops her is a guardian. She says as much, plus he was able to pretty easily disable her.
OK, if you're referring to Patrick I'm sorry to inform you that he's dead too. At the end of the "Doublecross" episode Nikita skewered him to the end of a 2" pipe. What you just described above happened several episodes before that, and yes that time Patrick came out on top and got away with Percy and Roan.

If I remembered correctly, there are four Guardians:
  1. Owen, still alive. Turned against Percy and allied with Nikita now.
  2. Patrick. They took his black box but he survived, then went on to work for Percy on various tasks/assignments. Died two episodes ago.
  3. Nameless guardian (Caucasian) that Michael and Owen double-teamed to kill and took his black box in Europe (Amsterdam? can't remember the exact city...)
  4. Nameless guardian (Black) that worked with Patrick on several missions for Percy. He later died at Gates House in the fire fight against Gogol agents.
Old 04-04-12, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^There's also a female former Guardian who "retired" and lives a normal life now.
Old 04-05-12, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
OK, if you're referring to Patrick I'm sorry to inform you that he's dead too. At the end of the "Doublecross" episode Nikita skewered him to the end of a 2" pipe. What you just described above happened several episodes before that, and yes that time Patrick came out on top and got away with Percy and Roan.

If I remembered correctly, there are four Guardians:
  1. Owen, still alive. Turned against Percy and allied with Nikita now.
  2. Patrick. They took his black box but he survived, then went on to work for Percy on various tasks/assignments. Died two episodes ago.
  3. Nameless guardian (Caucasian) that Michael and Owen double-teamed to kill and took his black box in Europe (Amsterdam? can't remember the exact city...)
  4. Nameless guardian (Black) that worked with Patrick on several missions for Percy. He later died at Gates House in the fire fight against Gogol agents.
Crap, you're right. I forgot Nikita skewered Patrick at the end of that episode (although we can be 100% certain he's dead).

That being said, I hope there are more Guardians out there because they're great villains. As badass as Nikita and Michael are, it takes two of them to take on one Guardian. Maybe Roan is like a Super Guardian or something like that.