DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Need Help Logging In With Windows 7 Home

movieking
03-29-12, 04:45 PM
So a girl at work changed her user password on home computer, and now can't get in at all. When it boots, it just goes offers that account, without giving any other accounts to try to use to log in. I know the admin password (I think), but I can't figure out how to access the account since it just comes up to her personal account all the time. I am also pretty sure that her account is not the admin account, so how can I get the admin account to come up so I can log in and wipe out her password on her account?

I'm at work, so some of my google searches won't work. Thoughts?

bippitty
03-29-12, 11:28 PM
I suspect that her account is the only account, which is why there are no other options. It is typical, especially for only one user, for that to be an administrator account.

Almost nobody ever creates a non-administrator account on their home systems. Which is why Vista and 7 have the "Do you want to let x program make changes to this computer?" boxes and dilutes some functionality on some things unless one uses the "Run as administrator" option.

wmansir
03-30-12, 11:56 AM
Probably too late, but you can get the admin login prompt by booting into safe mode. Hit F8 after POST but before windows starts loading.

movieking
04-07-12, 07:36 AM
I couldn't even do that. Seemed like only one account. I found a solution online so I figured that I would update the thread, since I hate when people ask a question and don't post the fix (if they find it).

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/102005-reset-user-account-password.html

I used Method 3