DVD Talk
No Holds Barred starring Hulk Hogan finally coming to DVD [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : No Holds Barred starring Hulk Hogan finally coming to DVD

Class316
03-28-12, 03:58 PM
I can finally retire the pan and scan DVD I have (copied from the LD)

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-releasing-no-holds-barred-dvd-hulk-hogan/22364/

The Valeyard
03-28-12, 04:22 PM
Dookie?

TheKing
03-29-12, 06:44 PM
YES!

Finally, after 15+ years of the DVD format, I can finally retire my unreleased list. I picked this up on VHS back in 2006, but now I can finally retire it.

Every time I see Kurt Fuller, I can't help but think of this film, and him calling Hulk Hogan a Jock-Ass.

Dean Kousoulas
03-29-12, 06:56 PM
This movie is horrible.

I'm buying a copy.

Class316
03-29-12, 07:44 PM
YES!

Finally, after 15+ years of the DVD format, I can finally retire my unreleased list. I picked this up on VHS back in 2006, but now I can finally retire it.

You bought a VHS in 2006??? EWwww!

I actually have a DVD that is copied from the LD.

Be nice to finally have it in the correct AR

SterlingBen
03-30-12, 12:03 AM

I bought a VHS of Basket Case 2 back in 2004 or 5. Back when only 1 & 3 were on DVD.

Alan Smithee
03-30-12, 08:44 PM
It always bugged me how the RCA/Columbia Pictures Home Video logo was overlayed over the original studio opening logo from this movie. Hopefully they'll finally fix that (it was released by New Line, but never showed up on video under their label).

Obi-Wan Jabroni
03-30-12, 08:55 PM
It always bugged me how the RCA/Columbia Pictures Home Video logo was overlayed over the original studio opening logo from this movie. Hopefully they'll finally fix that (it was released by New Line, but never showed up on video under their label).

Now they'll probably overlay it with WWE films.

JCWBobC
03-30-12, 10:22 PM
I bought the movie when it was released on VHS back in the late 80's.

chocoboy87
03-31-12, 11:24 AM
Now the DVD cover.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-studios-no-holds-barred-dvd-cover/22429/

Looks like no Blu-ray coming.

majorjoe23
03-31-12, 06:36 PM
I want this. And to get laid, relayed and parlayed.

nickdawgy
03-31-12, 07:27 PM
I actually saw this in the theater when it came out in 1989 I believe it was.

Hey, I was 11.

Alan Smithee
03-31-12, 10:32 PM
Now they'll probably overlay it with WWE films.

Oh crap- I just remembered about the whole WWF/WWE thing. Does WWF get mentioned in this movie? If it does they will probably edit it.

JohnnyMovie
03-31-12, 11:40 PM
yes yes yes!!!!! :banana: can't wait to get it in DVD! I saw this I was little I rent that movie way back to 1990's and finally to get on DVD.

sweet! :thumbsup:

Obi-Wan Jabroni
03-31-12, 11:49 PM

Hey, I was 11.

So did I, and even at the tender age of 12, I recognized it for the steaming pile of dog crap that it is. Actually, it's the first movie I can remember seeing in a theater and not enjoying it.

Julie Walker
03-31-12, 11:51 PM

I sometimes pick up some $1 vhs at Half Price Books if I find something rare(like a version not available on dvd). Of course I now remember how much space vhs takes up, so I limit my purchases. But it's still fun having a small vhs collection, and remembering renting them way back when.

Hey, I was 11.

I saw this in theaters then as well! I was 8. I haven't seen the film since then really(I know I saw it at least once or twice on video back then as well) and am not sure what I would think about the film today. I also recall seeing Batman, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Honey, I Shrunk The Kids in theaters that year!

What is the aspect ratio of the film? I can't find any information on it.

Class316
04-01-12, 01:16 AM
What is the aspect ratio of the film? I can't find any information on it.

When IMDB had more info on their site it was listed as 2.35:1

Rypro 525
04-03-12, 04:27 AM
the good stuff starts at 13:00 even (this match does need to be a bonus feature!
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vY-SEgFQRoE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vY-SEgFQRoE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

TheKing
04-03-12, 04:00 PM
Oh crap- I just remembered about the whole WWF/WWE thing. Does WWF get mentioned in this movie? If it does they will probably edit it.

You know, I actually decided to look this up. At the start of the film, Rip is referrd to as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. And you can see a couple of the 80s era WWF logos (this scene was actually filmed at a WWF TV taping, with Hulk as Rip taking on Jake Bullet played by Ax of Demolition).

After this opening scene, the only other reference is Rip being billed as the champ in the final match. It's never referred to as the WWF. So, they won't have to edit it, but that doesn't mean they won't.

I actually saw this movie at a drive in with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So I guess I didn't catch it until 1990.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
04-03-12, 04:06 PM
The don't edit World Wrestling Federation references or the block logo in old footage, so I don't know why they would in the movie.

The Valeyard
04-03-12, 06:28 PM
So did I, and even at the tender age of 12, I recognized it for the steaming pile of dog crap that it is. Actually, it's the first movie I can remember seeing in a theater and not enjoying it.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h433/Andrew_Rubio/Repeat%20Use/1108d68c.jpg

LaxBandit
04-04-12, 12:30 AM
They have to have both Hogan-Beefcake vs Zeus-Savage matches - Summerslam in August 1989
and the cage match that was part of the No Holds Barred - The Match/The Movie PPV which aired
in late December 89 - as extras on the DVD.

Rypro 525
04-04-12, 01:14 AM
They have to have both Hogan-Beefcake vs Zeus-Savage matches - Summerslam in August 1989
and the cage match that was part of the No Holds Barred - The Match/The Movie PPV which aired

the only thing that would possibly prevent the summerslam match is that they would have to pay Jesse Ventura extra royalties, or theyd have to mute his commentary

salamander2
04-06-12, 11:54 PM

As well as that WCW match were Hogan and Savage and Beefcake fought off Zeus and Horseman and Dungeon of Doom in a tower of doom or something like that.

GuessWho
04-07-12, 05:33 PM
The don't edit World Wrestling Federation references or the block logo in old footage, so I don't know why they would in the movie.Correct. They only need to edit the "scratch" WWF logo (attitude era)

Class316
05-04-12, 10:23 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91C1peWwg5L._AA1500_.jpg

I don't understand something. Why does amazon list it as "full screen"?

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Holds-Barred-Hulk-Hogan/dp/B007RMQ4XQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1336184378&sr=1-1

LaxBandit
05-04-12, 11:34 PM
Probably a error - heck, they have the running time as one minute.

LB...

The Valeyard
05-05-12, 03:29 AM
Probably a error - heck, they have the running time as one minute.

LB...

Maybe the film was edited down to the best parts?

Class316
05-06-12, 06:12 PM
Maybe the film was edited down to the best parts?

Honestly, I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

sg2386
06-22-12, 10:08 PM
WWEDVDNews.com has put up pre-release photos and the only extra is a photo gallery. Was hoping the tag team cage match would be on.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/pre-release-photos-no-holds-barred-hulk-hogan/24736/

dillkid
06-23-12, 12:16 PM
Europe won't be getting this, well Silvervision at least aren't putting it out.

islandclaws
06-23-12, 01:00 PM
Hell yea. I didn't know this was coming out. I loved the shit out of it as a kid, bad as parts of it are. Didn't Zeus breaks Hogan's brother's neck during a music video shoot ro something? Man, I def need to own this one.

Michael Allred
08-14-12, 11:47 AM
Had NO clue this was released, stumbled upon it at Wal-Mart this morning and picked it up. The movie is horrible of course and the WWE should have put that Hogan/Beefcake vs Savage/Zeus cage match as a bonus feature but whatever.

JohnnyMovie
08-17-12, 11:48 PM
will get it someday and it does have CC or english subtitles? and any extra?

thanks

Michael Allred
08-18-12, 11:54 AM
will get it someday and it does have CC or english subtitles? and any extra?

thanks

It has English subtitles and only a photo gallery as a bonus feature.

JohnnyMovie
08-20-12, 01:31 AM
^
thanks you so much! :)

Boba Fett
08-20-12, 03:38 AM
I snagged this for review for the site here (would have had it earlier, but mistook it on the screener list for a WWE streetfight compilation); I should have a review up sometime this week.

The Valeyard
09-01-12, 02:02 AM
How far Zeus has fallen....

TMZ EXCLUSIVE: 'Friday' Star Tommy 'Tiny' Lister -- I Committed $3.8 Million Mortgage Fraud

Tommy "Tiny" Lister -- best known as Deebo from "Friday" -- has agreed today to plead GUILTY in federal court for conspiring to commit mortgage fraud, which led to $3.8 MILLION in losses for unsuspecting lenders. According to the plea agreement -- obtained by TMZ -- Lister admitted to a diabolical scheme in which he and several individuals conspired to obtain four different mortgages on homes in L.A. using false information and bogus bank statements. Lister admitted he and his co-conspirators collected mortgages worth $5.7 million -- and defaulted on all four ... costing the lenders $2.6 million. He also admitted to withdrawing over $1.1 million in loans using the properties as collateral ... which he never paid back. All-in-all Lister has admitted swindling banks out of $3.8 million. Lister now faces up to 5 years in federal prison. He's due in court in September.

rmw650
09-01-12, 06:53 PM
How far Zeus has fallen....

He'll be spending some time in jail, that's for sure...how the mighty have fallen.

Chadm
09-05-12, 01:56 AM
At least we know that if he's tranferred in prison on a boat, that when it comes down to it, he'll do the right thing.