Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Spider-Man Trilogy Re-release w/new artworks

Hal
03-28-12, 05:27 AM
The Amazing Spider-Man: th reboot

this awful covers (http://www.mubis.es/noticias/relanzamiento-de-la-trilogia-spider-man-en-blu-ray): blu-ray reboot

:sad:

ThePhantomGoat
03-28-12, 09:23 AM
Have they uncovered if these are going to be complete rehashes of the old blus? I would hope that they decided to release them with the old special features from the DVDs.

MrSmearkase
03-28-12, 09:43 AM
They look like shitty custom-made covers to me :shrug:

Solid Snake
03-28-12, 09:56 AM
I don't care what the covers are at this point...all I care about is if this will have all the DVD features or not.

Mike86
03-28-12, 10:46 AM
I actually don't think the covers are that bad just slightly plain. The main thing I don't like on them is the number on the cover of each release. I'll probably only get this if it's cheap enough and includes movie cash for The Amazing Spider-Man.

banthafett
03-28-12, 11:01 AM
Think those covers make those shitty movies seem alot cooler than they are.

fumanstan
03-28-12, 11:17 AM
Think those covers make those shitty movies seem alot cooler than they are.

So you're interested in buying them, I guess?

Kory
03-28-12, 12:49 PM
The most important thing missing from the Blu-rays is the plethora of commentary tracks. Spider-man had 3 (2 on the regular DVD, 1 on the Superbit) and Spider-man 2 had 3 also (2 on the regular DVD, 1 on Spider-man 2.1). I hope they include the other features too, but the overwhelming majority of those are all available on Disc 2 of the DVD sets, making a custom version fairly easy to make. I want to watch these movies in high-definition with the commentary tracks, if I so choose.

The Monkees
03-28-12, 01:09 PM
I like the cover to #1, I just wish the "1" wasn't on it.

nando820
03-28-12, 01:10 PM
The most important thing missing from the Blu-rays is the plethora of commentary tracks. Spider-man had 3 (2 on the regular DVD, 1 on the Superbit) and Spider-man 2 had 3 also (2 on the regular DVD, 1 on Spider-man 2.1). I hope they include the other features too, but the overwhelming majority of those are all available on Disc 2 of the DVD sets, making a custom version fairly easy to make. I want to watch these movies in high-definition with the commentary tracks, if I so choose.

Agree, i have so many version of Spider-Man people might think I'm a collector -rolleyes-

Robert
03-28-12, 04:05 PM
Where does it say Region A gets those covers?

lamphorn
03-29-12, 06:00 PM
I like the cover to #1, I just wish the "1" wasn't on it.

Oh, you don't remember how when the movie came out it was called "Spider Man 1"? Just like we all forgot that the correct title of the first Indy Jones movie was "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark?"

Also, the box cover here looks a LOT like the poster for the new movie.. so, you know, they can trick grandma into getting it for her grandkids, thinking it's the new one.

MTRodaba2468
03-29-12, 06:14 PM
Less-than-impressive cover art aside, I'd consider grabbing this new set, as long as all the previous extras were ported over, and not just repackagings of the previous Blu-Rays...

lamphorn
03-29-12, 06:18 PM
I'm also interested in knowing if these are new transfers. I held off on the previous blu rays because I read that the picture quality was not very good.

TRC
03-29-12, 09:03 PM
Those look like very early mock-ups. The first image doesn't even completely match the second one.

Do we even know that these are coming to the U.S.?

Artman
03-30-12, 01:11 AM
Awful cover art aside, it is pretty amazing the first two movies haven't received better treatment so far on Blu - perfect video and all extras, etc. This is Sony's premier series... I don't get it.

MrSmearkase
04-02-12, 02:38 PM
Yikes, it looks like they are using a close approximation to those covers. (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88681)

From the press release;
New to the "Spider-Man" Blu-ray:

- “Spider Sense Trivia Challenge” -- Rise to the ultimate web-slinging challenge as you test your "Spider-Man" movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game. Do you have the spider sense to achieve the highest score?
- “The Spider-man Cutting Room” -- Create and share your own video using clips and music from the movie!
- New collectible O-Ring packaging
- "Spider-Man" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
- Filmmakers and Cast Commentary Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis, and Kirsten Dunst
- Visual Effects Designer & Crew Commentary John Dykstra & Special Effects Crew
- Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons Commentary
- “Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century”
- HBO Making of "Spider-Man"
- “Spider-Mania” an E! Entertainment Special
- Director Profile: Sam Raimi
- Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
- Costume Design Featurette
- Seven Behind The Scenes of "Spider-Man" Featurettes
- Screen Tests with Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons, and CGI Spider-Man
- Costume and Makeup Tests
- Gag/Outtake Reel
- Six Muti-angle Webisodes
- Music Video: “Hero” performed by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott. Performed by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, and Theory Of A Dead Man guitarist Tyler Connolly
- Music Video: “What We're All About” performed by Sum 41

New to the "Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray:

- New collectible O-Ring packaging

"Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:

- Commentary with cast and crew (Theatrical Version)
- Technical commentary (Theatrical Version)
- Commentary with Producer Laura Ziskin and Screen Writer Alvin Sargent(Extended Version)
- Blooper Reel
- 12 Part Making of -- Making the Amazing Featurette
- Hero in Crisis Featurette
- Ock-Umentary Featurette
- Five-Part Visual Effects Breakdown

New to the "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray:

New collectible O-Ring packaging

- "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
- Commentary with Director and Cast
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Bloopers
- Concept Gallery: Sketches
- Concept Gallery: Paintings
- Concept Gallery: Sculptures
- Photo Gallery: Special Effects
- Photo Gallery: Director and Cast
- Music Video: “Signal Fire” by Snow Patrol

Movie cash to The Amazing Spider-Man will be included, as well.

Mr. Cinema
04-02-12, 02:57 PM
http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/d/30/4f79f5cf722de.jpg

Solid Snake
04-02-12, 05:05 PM
Yikes, it looks like they are using a close approximation to those covers. (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88681)

From the press release;

Movie cash to The Amazing Spider-Man will be included, as well.

well...guess I'm getting it.

TheMovieman
04-02-12, 05:25 PM
^ Yep, they even ported over the Maguire/Simmons commentary from the Superbit release.

Evan Meadow
04-02-12, 05:55 PM
Basically finally rebuy 1 and 2 and not worry about 3.

Solid Snake
04-02-12, 06:11 PM
I actually like the first 1/3 of SM3 or to whatever point the symbiote got onto the bike. After that..not so much.

Mr. Cinema
04-02-12, 07:26 PM
Amazon has them up for pre-order with a June 12 release date. List price is $19.99 each.

Solid Snake
04-02-12, 07:47 PM
sooooo not as a set?

MTRodaba2468
04-02-12, 08:36 PM
Well, the blue backgrounds on those look even worse than the black ones.

With that said, I'd waited to grab these, as I was wanting the extras to be ported over along with everything else. Since it appears to be the case (for the most part, anyway, I'm not sure off hand if EVERYTHING has been brought over, but it appears most of them have), then I'll probably grab these, and just use custom art.

Seems pretty weird that they aren't releasing this as a set; even the cover art they're using looks like it would work better in the context of a box set.

Matthew Chmiel
04-02-12, 09:36 PM
Weren't the extras originally announced when Sony was gearing up to put out the Blu-ray essentials re-release of the films?

I'm not believing anything until someone has a copy in their hands with all of the DVD bonus material ported over.

joltman
04-03-12, 07:54 AM
They weren't announced, they were just listed on Sony's site. This appears to be a press release, so while it might not be 100% correct, I think it's safe to say we'll get the extras this time.

flansered
04-03-12, 08:18 AM
This makes sense, due to my finally ordering the British set off Amazon UK last week. I guess I'll just keep that and stick the extra discs in the case.

Doctorossi
04-03-12, 08:56 AM
Has anyone seen any official claims of new transfers/compression on these yet? I'd be a little surprised if they didn't have them, but, you know... not that surprised.

TylerDurden_73
04-03-12, 09:27 AM
per marvel .com

I don't see the extras for spiderman 2.1 listed though...

Just in time for this summer’s highly anticipated release of "The Amazing Spider-Man," in theaters July 3, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is re-releasing "Spider-Man," "Spider-Man 2" and "Spider-Man 3" on Blu-ray with UltraViolet on June 12. Each edition includes new, collectable O-Ring packaging, as well as a code for owners to enter at a movie ticket redemption site (www.sonymoviecash.com/ASM), where they can see a sneak peek of "The Amazing Spider-Man" and print their free movie ticket offer*. The "Spider-Man" Blu-ray includes two never-before-seen bonus features “Spider Sense Over Movie Trivia Game” and “The Spider-Man Cutting Room.” The "Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray includes both previously released theatrical and extended versions of the film, with additional footage and fight sequences not seen in theaters.

UltraViolet is included on each edition, allowing owners of the Blu-ray to add the films to their Digital Right Library, enabling them to download or instantly stream the film.

The critically-acclaimed trilogy based on the Marvel Comics characters, which boast a combined worldwide box office gross of almost $2.5 billion, stars Tobey Maguire ("Seabiscuit," "The Great Gatsby") as Peter Parker (alias Spider-Man), Kirsten Dunst ("Meloncolia") as Mary Jane Watson, and James Franco ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") as Harry Osborn. All three releases are directed by Sam Rami ("Evil Dead" trilogy). The series also features spectacular villains, with Willem Dafoe ("The Boondock Saints") as Green Goblin/Norman Osborn in "Spider-Man," Alfred Molina ("The Da Vinci Code") as Doc Ock/Dr. Otto Octavius in "Spider-Man 2," and Thomas Haden Church ("Easy A," "Sideways") as Sandman/Flint Marko and Topher Grace ("Predators") as Venom / Eddie Brock in "Spider-Man 3."

"Spider-Man" Blu-ray box art

New to the "Spider-Man" Blu-ray:

“Spider Sense Trivia Challenge” -- Rise to the ultimate web-slinging challenge as you test your "Spider-Man" movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game. Do you have the spider sense to achieve the highest score?
“The Spider-man Cutting Room” -- Create and share your own video using clips and music from the movie!
"Spider-Man" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:

Filmmakers and Cast Commentary Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis, and Kirsten Dunst
Visual Effects Designer & Crew Commentary John Dykstra & Special Effects Crew
Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons Commentary
“Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century”
HBO Making of "Spider-Man"
“Spider-Mania” an E! Entertainment Special
Director Profile: Sam Raimi
Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
Costume Design Featurette
Seven Behind The Scenes of "Spider-Man" Featurettes
Screen Tests with Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons, and CGI Spider-Man
Costume and Makeup Tests
Gag/Outtake Reel
Six Muti-angle Webisodes
Music Video: “Hero” performed by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott. Performed by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, and Theory Of A Dead Man guitarist Tyler Connolly
Music Video: “What We're All About” performed by Sum 41

"Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray box art

New to the "Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray:

"Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:

Commentary with cast and crew (Theatrical Version)
Technical commentary (Theatrical Version)
Commentary with Producer Laura Ziskin and Screen Writer Alvin Sargent (Extended Version)
Blooper Reel
12 Part Making of -- Making the Amazing Featurette
Hero in Crisis Featurette
Ock-Umentary Featurette
Five-Part Visual Effects Breakdown

"Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray box art

New to the "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray:

"Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:

Commentary with Director and Cast
Filmmaker Commentary
Bloopers
Concept Gallery: Sketches
Concept Gallery: Paintings
Concept Gallery: Sculptures
Photo Gallery: Special Effects
Photo Gallery: Director and Cast
Music Video: “Signal Fire” by Snow Patrol
"Spider-Man" has a run time of approximately 121 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized violence and action. "Spider-Man 2" Theatrical version has a run time of approximate 127 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized action violence. Extended version "Spider-Man 2.1" has a run time of approximate 136 minutes and is NOT RATED. "Spider-Man 3" has a run time of approximate 139 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence.

*Up to $10 at participating theaters.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18434/original_spider-man_trilogy_coming_to_blu-ray#ixzz1qzDflExZ

joltman
04-03-12, 10:42 AM
I was comparing the special features list with DVD Compare's listing for the first two films, and it looks like it would still be missing a handful of features from the DVDs. If there's an AV upgrade for the first two, it would be worth it, though I doubt the third would have much if any of an upgrade. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the third one is the same as the first disc of the current version.

Mr. Cinema
04-03-12, 11:17 AM
Blu-ray.com mentions the audio tracks for all 3 will now be 5.1 DTS-HD MA. And it does appear the bonus disc from part 3 is not included.

mattysemo247
04-03-12, 11:44 AM
So no new video transfers, correct?

Solid Snake
04-03-12, 06:42 PM
Blu-ray.com mentions the audio tracks for all 3 will now be 5.1 DTS-HD MA. And it does appear the bonus disc from part 3 is not included.

bonus disc?

islandclaws
04-03-12, 07:23 PM
Man, those covers are hideous. Part of me wants to upgrade these, but I just don't think they hold up at all. Maybe SM2, but the first is severely dated and the third is, well... we all know.

And only $10 movie cash? That won't cover a ticket at any showing in CA.

dolphinboy
04-03-12, 07:26 PM
Unless they release this as a set, I'll just keep 3 from the trilogy. The sound might not be as good, but the movie is bad enough where I won't mind.

I'll upgrade the first 2 and just give the bare bones blus that I have to friends or family.

I did really enjoy the first two and this was one of my first blu-ray purchases and I didn't know they'd drop extra features and all the things that I know now.

The double dip on 1 and 2 is something I'll just have to live with to get the extras.

I can't believe, though, they didn't just release 3 the way it was in the first trilogy. Add features back to one and two, but leave off the extra disc from 3. Ugh. Why do the studios make such dumb decisions?

Mr. Cinema
04-03-12, 07:47 PM
bonus disc?
The disc of bonus material, ie disc 2. :)

Solid Snake
04-03-12, 07:56 PM
ah...so just Disc 2. Disc 2 was jam packed like a motherfucker, no?

islandclaws
04-03-12, 08:09 PM
I have the Target exclusive. Didn't that have 3 discs? That might be what some are referring to.

Mr. Cinema
04-03-12, 08:58 PM
This was posted on blu-ray.com as to what is missing from previous releases:

Spider-Man

Subtitle Fact Track
Still Galleries: Comic Covers, Rogues Gallery, Artists Alley, Loves of Peter Parker
Advertising: Trailer, 11 TV Ads

Spider-Man 2

Subtitle Fact Track
Spidey Sense 2.1 Fact Track/ Behind the Scenes footage
"Interwoven: The Women of Spider-Man" (15 min.)
Webisodes: Costume Design, Comic-Con Q & A, J. Jonah Jameson, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson (10 min.)
"Inside Spider-Man 2.1" (15 min.)
"Danny Elfman's Score" multi angle featurette (4 min.)
"With Great Effort Comes Great Recognition" (8 min.)
"Enter the Web" multi-angle featurette (14 min.)
"Train - Ordinary" Music Video
Still Gallery: Alex Ross Original Sketches from Intro
Trailer

Spider-Man 3

"Re-Imagining The Goblin" (11 min.)
"Covered in Black: Creating Venom" (16 min.)
"Grains of Sand: Building Sandman" (13 min.)
"Hanging On...Gwen Stacy and the Collapsing Floor" (10 min.)
"Fighting, Flying, and Driving: The Stunts" (19 min.)
"Cleveland: The Chase on Euclid Avenue" (7 min.)
"Tangled Web - The Love Triangles of Spider-Man 3" (9 min.)
"Wall of Water" (7 min.)
"Inside The Editing Room" (4 min.)
"The Science of Sound" (16 min.)
"New York - From Rooftops To Backstreets" (13 min.)
"Cleveland - The Chase on Euclid Ave" (7 min.)
Marketing: Teaser, 3 Trailers, 8 TV Spots

TheMovieman
06-07-12, 07:11 PM

It should be noted that Spider-Man 3 has a TrueHD 5.1 track, not DTS-HD MA...

Mr. Cinema
06-07-12, 07:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/beatnikslacker/blu%20ray/SMT1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/beatnikslacker/blu%20ray/SMT2.jpg

TheMovieman
06-07-12, 08:49 PM
Having these, the covers aren't great, but not too bad.

I had a 3-disc BD case so I took the second disc for SM3 and a bonus disc that I think I got from Circuit City and put it in there as well.

Really sucks Sony didn't just port everything over to make an ultimate set or something, though I am glad all the commentaries are available.

Bluelitespecial
06-07-12, 11:50 PM
2 is still my favorite, but the 3rd one is better than the 1st. I might buy theses still never seen them on blu.

b2net
06-08-12, 10:00 AM
Yeah these still dont seem worth a double dip for those of us with the original blus (that kept our DVDs for the special features)

Solid Snake
06-08-12, 03:25 PM
I dont think I'll ever get these on BD. How sad...the lack of all those features is actually the big deal for me.

JeffTheAlpaca
06-08-12, 03:25 PM
I got the original dvds and the original blu-ray so I don't think this is worth it plus it has the crappy covers as mentioned.

I wonder if there will be a new Batman Blu-ray release since the original is OOP

Mr. Cinema
06-08-12, 03:54 PM
I dont think I'll ever get these on BD. How sad...the lack of all those features is actually the big deal for me.
Most of the DVD features are added to parts 1 and 2. They dropped the features disc in part 3 for some reason.

Amazon and Best Buy.com both have $11.99 prices for each. I'd order from Amazon, but they haven't added any promo about a free ticket to the new film. Regarding movie cash titles, they usually don't get those.

For the MIB movies, they added a free ticket promo near the release date. I may just get these in store to get multiple tickets.

b2net
06-08-12, 04:01 PM
The reason I am holding out is the term "most"... Most of the features are added.. and also.. dropping the features disc for part 3.. er.. uh.. no thanks.. even with free movie tickets.. which btw.. you can get by eating a lot of cheez-its.. ;)

Mr. Cinema
06-12-12, 09:45 PM
The copies from Amazon don't include the free ticket. I didn't see any at Walmart nor a placeholder. Best Buy has them for $11.99 each, although the signage says $12.99.

Target I believe is $14.99 each.

rexinnih
06-13-12, 10:26 AM
The copies from Amazon don't include the free ticket. I didn't see any at Walmart nor a placeholder. Best Buy has them for $11.99 each, although the signage says $12.99.

Picked them all up yesterday from BB and the signage said "$11.99" Oh well, BB is the last place we will look for consistency.

a/v Junkie
06-13-12, 10:30 AM

My local Walmart has all three in stock. Each were $12.99.

Mr. Cinema
06-13-12, 12:11 PM
My local Walmart has all three in stock. Each were $12.99.
I've read some stores have the stock, but the boxes say hold til June 15. Might explain why my store had none out. However, based on my experience, they were probably just slacking off on restocking movies. They are almost as bad as Best Buy when it comes to having catalog titles on the shelf.

a/v Junkie
06-13-12, 01:40 PM
I've read some stores have the stock, but the boxes say hold til June 15. Might explain why my store had none out. However, based on my experience, they were probably just slacking off on restocking movies. They are almost as bad as Best Buy when it comes to having catalog titles on the shelf.

I know what you mean -rolleyes- I really wish they would get their act together and start stocking their shelves with new releases (catalog titles) when they need to be stocked. Sometimes my BB will stock new catalog titles two or three weeks later from the original release date. It happened with To Catch A Thief and Chinatown.

Out of the 3 Walmarts in my area, only one had all three Spidey re-releases. You would think the other two Walmarts would have them too. Nope!!

Mr. Cinema
06-13-12, 01:47 PM
I went back today at my Super Center. No copies. No shelf tag. No boxes in the back. I live in Raleigh, so I'm not in some small tiny town.

Regarding Best Buy, I've lost count on how many times they've had stock of a catalog, but none are out and no one can find them in the back.

a/v Junkie
06-13-12, 01:53 PM
I went back today at my Super Center. No copies. No shelf tag. No boxes in the back. I live in Raleigh, so I'm not in some small tiny town.

Regarding Best Buy, I've lost count on how many times they've had stock of a catalog, but none are out and no one can find them in the back.

Did you see if they had a Spiderman promo cardboard shelving unit in the middle of the aisle?? That's where I found my copies. They weren't on the normal shelves where they put their new releases at.

Mr. Cinema
06-13-12, 02:41 PM
Did you see if they had a Spiderman promo cardboard shelving unit in the middle of the aisle?? That's where I found my copies. They weren't on the normal shelves where they put their new releases at.
Didn't see anything. This store is lousy when it comes to cardboard displays. They can't even find their 54 copies of Sherlock Holmes 2 + cardboard display.

a/v Junkie
06-13-12, 03:43 PM
Didn't see anything. This store is lousy when it comes to cardboard displays. They can't even find their 54 copies of Sherlock Holmes 2 + cardboard display.

Wow!! Your Walmart is a dump. Sorry to say that. I remember my Walmart was like that a few years ago but after they remolded and changed it to a 24hr. Walmart it's been different.

Spiderbite
06-13-12, 10:14 PM
I picked up 1 & 2 today due to the movie cash since I plan to see the new flick. I still couldn't bring myself to pick up part 3 even though my son (who is 8 and has never seen it) wanted me to. My wife told me when I got home that she wants to see the new movie as well so I guess I will have to pick up a copy since it will be just 2 bucks after the movie cash is taken out. But I still hate supporting that piece of shit. Ugh.

We watched part 1 tonight and my kid loved it. He got really upset when Uncle Ben died. :(

manicsounds
06-13-12, 11:02 PM
We watched part 1 tonight and my kid loved it. He got really upset when...
Spoiler alert...!

Fok
06-15-12, 11:08 AM
I don't have the original Blu-rays, has anyone done a comparison in terms of picture quality between the two sets?

TheBang
06-16-12, 11:05 PM
I did a comprehensive comparison of the features on the 2012 blu-rays compared to the DVD releases:

Summary

Spider-Man - The new release contains all previous special features except for a couple insubstantial ones. Recommendation: dump all previous releases and buy the 2012 Blu-ray.

Spider-Man 2 - Although it contains the regular and extended cut and the most substantial special features, the 2012 Blu-ray loses some features from the previous DVD releases due to space constraints. Recommendation: Buy the 2012 Blu-ray, but if you want all the features, you'll have to keep both the Spider-Man 2 and 2.1 DVD's.

Spider-Man 3 - I don't own the new one, but based on what I read, it looks like it's simply Disc 1 from the previous 2-disc Blu-ray release, missing all the content of Disc 2. Recomendation: Buy the original 2-disc Blu-ray release and avoid the 2012 release.

Spider-Man

Missing:
"Spidey Sense" Subtitle Trivia Track (Disc 1)
Still Galleries (comic book related): Comic Covers Gallery, Artist's Gallery, Rogue's Gallery, Loves of Peter Parker (Disc 2)
Spider-Man 2 Sneak Peek (4:48) (from Deluxe Edition Disc 3)
Spider-Man 2 Teaser Trailer (from Deluxe Edition Disc 3)

Notable Includes:
"Behind The Scenes Of Spiderman" feature (32:02) (from Deluxe Edition Disc 3)
Audio commentary with stars JK Simmons and Tobey Maguire (from SuperBit)

Spider-Man 2

Missing:

Spider-Man 2 Disc 1
"Spidey Sense 2" Subtitle Trivia Track
4 Webisodes (8:17): Costume Design, Comic-Con Q & A, J. Jonah Jameson, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson
Theatrical Trailer
"Ordinary" music video by Train (3:52)
Easter Egg #1 (1:17) - Sam Raimi introduction for Japanese Press sneak peak

Spider-Man 2 Disc 2
"Interwoven: The Women of Spider-Man" featurette (15:27)
"Enter the Web" multi-angle featurette (14:18)
Still Gallery: 17 Alex Ross Original Sketches from the movie intro
Easter Egg #2 (1:12) - Willem Dafoe cameo
Easter Egg #3 (0:36) - Doc Ock in Fiddler on the Roof

Spider-Man 2.1 Disc 1
"Spidey Sense 2.1" Subtitle Trivia Track with integrated pop-up on-the-set footage

Spider-Man 2.1 Disc 2
"Inside Spider-Man 2.1" featurette (13:37)
"With Great Effort, Comes Great Recognition" featurette (7:55)
"Danny Elfman Scores Spider-Man 2" multi-angle featurette (5:12)
Spider-Man 3 Sneak Peek (2:27)
"Villains of Spider-Man 3" featurette (13:40) (from Wal-mart 2.1 bonus disc)

MR Round
06-17-12, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure if this is everywhere or just around her but my walmart had a huge spiderman display with the various animated dvd's and the new blu releases priced at $9.88

DoctorWhosScarf
06-17-12, 07:08 PM
For anyone wanting to buy Spider-Man 3 on Blu-Ray with all of the special features it originally had and get the free ticket for The Amazing Spider-Man:

I was at Target yesterday and they had the original 2 disc Blu-Ray of Spider-Man 3. On the front of it is the ticket thing for The Amazing Spider-Man, though just like with the Prometheus ticket it seems that you'll have to print it out. It cost $14.99.

Nick Martin
06-17-12, 07:40 PM
I'm more curious about the transfer for Spider-Man.

I watched all three on Friday (the original Blu-rays, not these new reissues) and I've read time and again about how "bad" the transfer for the first film is.

How does the new release compare in terms of video quality? I've read the review here but I'm just wondering if anyone's done a straight comparison between the old and the new.

I've never had a problem with the old transfer so I won't be upgrading to these new releases but I'm still curious.

Mr. Cinema
06-18-12, 08:07 AM
I found a new Walmart that hasn't been opened too long in this area, so I went there on Saturday and they had the display. This store was extremely well stocked and dwarfed the other Super Center. So I'll be checking in there more often.

a/v Junkie
06-18-12, 10:18 AM
I found a new Walmart that hasn't been opened too long in this area, so I went there on Saturday and they had the display. This store was extremely well stocked and dwarfed the other Super Center. So I'll be checking in there more often.

Cool!! Glad to hear that you found the display. :thumbsup: It's just odd how some Walmarts have more selection of blus than other Walmarts. That is how it is here in SoCal.

Mr. Cinema
06-18-12, 11:52 AM
Cool!! Glad to hear that you found the display. :thumbsup: It's just odd how some Walmarts have more selection of blus than other Walmarts. That is how it is here in SoCal.
I stopped in the older location today and lo and behold, there's a big Spider-man cardboard setup in the middle of the media area. Only 1 week late.

Mr. Cinema
06-21-12, 10:40 AM
If you bought these at Best Buy, you can get a price adjustment starting Sunday as they will be $9.99 each.

joltman
06-21-12, 10:42 AM
Nice, I was kind of thinking/hoping BB would have a lower price soon.

a/v Junkie
06-21-12, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know if the disc art on these re-releases are the same as the Target Exclusive Trilogy set??

TheBang
06-21-12, 06:36 PM
The disc art matches the design of the new covers, so i'm sure it's different from the old Target set.

a/v Junkie
06-22-12, 03:58 PM
The disc art matches the design of the new covers, so i'm sure it's different from the old Target set.

I do have the Target Exclusive Trilogy but I was also thinking of buying the re-releases because of the DTS-HD audio tracks. Was just curious if the disc art were the same. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

AdamComic2
06-22-12, 05:56 PM
Just got mine from Amazon today... MOVIE TICKETS ON THE PACKAGES! And they emailed me one for promo too! NICE!

whotony
06-25-12, 06:46 PM
Just got mine from Amazon today... MOVIE TICKETS ON THE PACKAGES! And they emailed me one for promo too! NICE!

What does that bolded part mean?

Anyway has any sites posted reviews with pq comparisons to the old discs?

Fielding Mellish
06-27-12, 08:42 PM
Yeah, picked the first two up at Best Buy for $10 each (basically free, since I'll be using the movie cash).

When I upgrade, I usually get a blank two-disc Blu case and make a DIY Blu+DVD package. But in this case, I did just the opposite.

These new Blu covers are so friggin' ugly I would up finding a two-disc DVD case to house both in my old Superbit box.