Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Best Ink

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-12, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Ink

This premiers on Oxygen tonight at 9 central. It looks to be similar to Ink Master on Spike though given it's on Oxygen I expect more crying.
Old 03-28-12, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Best Ink

This was pretty much like Ink Master lite. None of the portfolios looked good except the gay guy, and I have a hard time believing someone with 2 years of experience would even qualify for the show. I hate the drama aspect added to the show that comes hand in hand with Oxygen. I'll keep watching, but only for the artwork.
Old 05-09-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NORML54601
This was pretty much like Ink Master lite. None of the portfolios looked good except the gay guy, and I have a hard time believing someone with 2 years of experience would even qualify for the show. I hate the drama aspect added to the show that comes hand in hand with Oxygen. I'll keep watching, but only for the artwork.
I've been watching this show every week - for the exact reason you mention - the "artwork". I use that term loosely, because most of the tattoos aren't of the quality I'd be happy with.

The drama is pretty thick. Ink Master had better tattoo artists and was just a better show. The finale is next week. I have to admit, I don't really love much about the show, but keep watching in *HOPE* that these folks will get better with time or better-aligned strengths of particular artists, but I find myself just watching it out of habit, now.
Old 05-09-12, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Jon & London are the only ones I'd let near me with a gun