Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Carrie remake (2013, D: Kim Peirce, Chloe Moretz)

TomOpus
03-27-12, 01:38 PM
MGM Formally Offers Lead Remake Of Stephen King’s ‘Carrie’ To Chloe Moretz (http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/mgm-formally-offers-lead-remake-of-stephen-kings-carrie-to-chloe-moretz/)

BREAKING: After meeting and reading a group of young actresses for Carrie, MGM, Screen Gems and director Kim Peirce have made their decision and made the formal offer today to Chloe Moretz. If negotiations work out, she’ll play the title role in the remake of the Brian DePalma original that was based on the 1974 Stephen King bestseller. She’s expected to play the shy high school student Carrie White, who is raised by a nightmarish religious fanatic mother, and comes to grip with devastating telepathic powers just as she reaches puberty. She eventually uses those gifts for lethal means when fellow classmates use the prom as an excuse to humiliate her before the entire school in a parable about bullying. Sissy Spacek played the character in the first movie, with Piper Laurie playing her mother, and Amy Irving, Nancy Allen, John Travolta, Betty Buckley and William Katt rounding out the cast. Both Spacek and Laurie got Oscar nominations for their work in the 1976 film.

The studio and Peirce have been meeting with actresses for the past two weeks. Word all along was that while names like Dakota Fanning were circulating, Peirce and the studio had an eye on Moretz. The studio denied it at the time, but what actually happened is, Moretz didn’t meet with Peirce until last weekend. She got the job immediately. Moretz, who first came on with performances in Kick-Ass, (500) Days Of Summer and Let Me In, is at the top of the crop of young actresses. Coming off Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, her next major film is the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp. She’s repped by WME and 3 Arts. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa wrote the script.

Insiders said that once they make Moretz’s deal, they will focus on landing the psycho mom and supporting cast and they will shoot this year.

Via Twitter:

Chloë Grace Moretz ‏ @ChloeGMoretz Never been so happy in my life! Thank you Kim Pierce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!

riotinmyskull
03-27-12, 01:48 PM
i'm only interested in this because i think moretz might actually bring something interesting to the table...

CharlieK
03-27-12, 01:50 PM
Oh man, no closing parenthesis in the thread title is going to bug me whenever I look at it. I need closure!!

I like how Spacek was a plain-looking, wallflower. I think Moretz brings something different to the role and I hope it fits. The things I've seen her in, she always has attitude and an angry look. Price seems like an interesting person to be doing this, I guess.

Groucho
03-27-12, 01:51 PM
Expect a lot less gratuitous nudity this time around (and a probable PG-13 rating).

Hopefully they can get Travolta and Spacek to cameo as teachers.

TomOpus
03-27-12, 01:51 PM
Oh man, no closing parenthesis in the thread title is going to bug me whenever I look at it. I need closure!!I noticed right after I finished the thread. I'll pm a mod.

arminius
03-27-12, 01:53 PM
I liked the original and see no reason for a remake, but Moretz killed me in Kick-Ass. I'd go see this. Be interesting to see who plays the mom.

johnnysd
03-27-12, 02:27 PM
I liked the original and see no reason for a remake, but Moretz killed me in Kick-Ass. I'd go see this. Be interesting to see who plays the mom.

Sissy Spacek?

OH: and a PG-13 Carrie will suck. Carrie is a movie that needs to push the R envelope in my opinion.

Dash
03-27-12, 02:52 PM
I look forward to seeing this. Im on a Stephen King reading phase right now so I think after I finish the stand Ill read this. How is the original movie?

Matthew Chmiel
03-27-12, 02:52 PM
OH: and a PG-13 Carrie will suck. Carrie is a movie that needs to push the R envelope in my opinion.
If only for the fact the story is basically pushed into motion by Carrie receiving her first period. In the showers. With everyone watching and tormenting her by throwing tampons.

For the most part, the original film is pretty faithful to the novel other than using the novel's framing device (using recollections of those who were there for the events) and how the third act is executed.

The original novel ends with Carrie destroying the entire town after the prom. She goes home to get consolation from her mother who flips out and stabs her in the shoulder. Carrie reacts and kills her mother by stopping her heart. She runs out of the house, kills Billy and Chris and then runs into Sue. She's able to read Sue's mind and lets her go knowing that Sue had no involvement regarding the prank and genuinely wanted to help out Carrie. Carrie dies from massive blood loss due to her mother stabbing and Sue hightails it out of there.

While I don't think the framing of the narrative would work, I'd prefer to see a "bigger" third act similar to the novel.

devilshalo
03-27-12, 02:54 PM
I kind of pictured Dakota Fanning in this. Tho I am surprised at the 2nd remake of this as well as the 1999 "sequel" The Rage.

Groucho
03-27-12, 03:11 PM
Stephen King is going to be pissed. According to Wikipedia his first choice for the title role was Lindsey Lohan.

Mr. Cinema
03-27-12, 03:15 PM
Hailee Steinfeld was also a rumored name several months back.

Supermallet
03-27-12, 03:55 PM
Moretz is way too attractive. I think she's a very good actress, but Carrie should be a plain looking girl.

TomOpus
03-27-12, 03:58 PM
I look forward to seeing this. Im on a Stephen King reading phase right now so I think after I finish the stand Ill read this. How is the original movie?I like the movie with the same issue of...

I'd prefer to see a "bigger" third act similar to the novel.This.

MoviePage
03-27-12, 04:29 PM
For the most part, the original film is pretty faithful to the novel other than using the novel's framing device (using recollections of those who were there for the events) and how the third act is executed.

The original novel ends with Carrie destroying the entire town after the prom. She goes home to get consolation from her mother who flips out and stabs her in the shoulder. Carrie reacts and kills her mother by stopping her heart. She runs out of the house, kills Billy and Chris and then runs into Sue. She's able to read Sue's mind and lets her go knowing that Sue had no involvement regarding the prank and genuinely wanted to help out Carrie. Carrie dies from massive blood loss due to her mother stabbing and Sue hightails it out of there.

While I don't think the framing of the narrative would work, I'd prefer to see a "bigger" third act similar to the novel.

Yeah, although it should be mentioned that King himself said that he wishes he had thought of themother's death by impalement with kitchen utensils that was used in the original movie.

Defiant1
03-27-12, 04:54 PM
Looking forward to this. Based on the director and star, it looks like they're going for a more serious, high-minded movie rather than the money-grab sequel "The Rage".

They should definitely go for an R rating though. It's important to see Carrie's complete meltdown and how she enacts vengeance on the whole town.

Sissy Spacek as the mom is a brilliant idea! I've heard rumours about Jodie Foster or Julianne Moore (hey there, Clarice Starlings!).

antspawn
03-27-12, 04:58 PM
I doubt it will exceed the original but I'm sure it would be a fun movie...she's a cool actress with lots of charisma.

Josh-da-man
03-27-12, 05:41 PM
Moretz is way too attractive. I think she's a very good actress, but Carrie should be a plain looking girl.

I remember reading that Carrie Fisher was up for the part in the original movie, but did Star Wars instead because she didn't want to nudity in the shower scene.

And we almost had Sissy Spacek playing Princess Leia.

rw2516
03-27-12, 05:48 PM
Expect a lot less gratuitous nudity this time around (and a probable PG-13 rating).

Hopefully they can get Travolta and Spacek to cameo as teachers.

Nancy Allen as the gym teacher

TomOpus
03-27-12, 05:57 PM
Moretz is way too attractive. I think she's a very good actress, but Carrie should be a plain looking girl.I know what you mean. Spacek seemed perfect for the role. You really got a sense as to why she would be taunted in school. That was key in buying who Carrie White really was in a very short time. Also Spacek was still relatively unknown to mass audiences when the movie came out. It will be interesting to see how they do it with Moretz since she's gonna be fairly well-known when this movie comes out (she has 3 movies coming out this year).

Solid Snake
03-27-12, 06:00 PM
Interested in Moretz. She's got a quality that I admire out of her work. It'll be intersting. I as well would like the bigger ending. To make it as different from the original but still stay faithful, you know?

Mondo Kane
03-27-12, 06:10 PM
Did this new age of school-bullying create this remake?

And we almost had Sissy Spacek playing Princess Leia.

Another Carrie alumni, Amy Irving, also screen-tested for Leia.

Tom Creo
03-27-12, 07:58 PM
Don't kid yourselves: No nudity, PG-13, aimed at Hunger Games/Twilight audiences. Enough with the remakes already. What film started this current trend?

RichC2
03-27-12, 08:55 PM
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 70s version

Mr. Cinema
03-27-12, 09:31 PM
I never figured out why the gym teacher was killed in the original. She was about the only person who actually cared to help Carrie, yet she still got killed.

Groucho
03-27-12, 09:39 PM
I never figured out why the gym teacher was killed in the original. She was about the only person who actually cared to help Carrie, yet she still got killed.Carrie was a teenage girl. Bitches be crazy!

Matthew Chmiel
03-27-12, 09:59 PM
I never figured out why the gym teacher was killed in the original. She was about the only person who actually cared to help Carrie, yet she still got killed.
IIRC, she wasn't killed in the book and managed to escape after Carrie started to set the gymnasium on fire.

LiquidSky
03-28-12, 07:36 AM
I can't imagine anyone being better than Spacek and Laurie but since I like Moretz, I'll go see the movie.

inri222
03-28-12, 08:06 AM

She was laughing at her along with everyone else at the prom.

boredsilly
03-28-12, 08:18 AM
i'm only interested in this because i think moretz might actually bring something interesting to the table...

I agree. Moretz is the truth.

Groucho
03-28-12, 08:25 AM
She was laughing at her along with everyone else at the prom.Not really, but that's how Carrie saw it in her mind before she went nuts.

JackBurton
03-28-12, 08:26 AM
If this gives the potential for a beefed up blu-ray release of the original, have at it.

Draven
03-28-12, 09:16 AM
Don't kid yourselves: No nudity, PG-13, aimed at Hunger Games/Twilight audiences. Enough with the remakes already. What film started this current trend?

The beginning of cinema. Remakes are hardly new.

I haven't seen the original movie in years, but it's certainly iconic. I'm not sure a remake could recapture any of that, but I'd be willing to check it out in the theater.

Dragon Tattoo
03-28-12, 12:11 PM

She's a good actress.

However, I am surprised to hear people say she's 'attractive'. I consider her to be very strange/goofy looking (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/screenshot.php?movieid=35629&position=1).

Which makes her perfect for this role.

Solid Snake
03-28-12, 12:18 PM
Yeah. She can be pretty like any girl (you know wtf I mean). But...she's not like...Lohan was.

Obey The D
03-28-12, 12:18 PM
She's a good actress.

However, I am surprised to hear people say she's 'attractive'. I consider her to be very strange/goofy looking (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/screenshot.php?movieid=35629&position=1).

Which makes her perfect for this role.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk3NzQxNzkyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg1NjU5NA@@._V1._SX333_SY500_.jpg

While she's obviously still young, I wouldn't consider her goofy looking.

SkullOrchard
03-28-12, 12:19 PM
I though Angela Bettis was great in the 2002 remake.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MARVNDEYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

TomOpus
03-28-12, 01:05 PM
While she's obviously still young, I wouldn't consider her goofy looking. Our little girl is growing up so fast...

http://i44.tinypic.com/28hl769.jpg

Rypro 525
03-28-12, 02:09 PM
With Chloe having been in R rated movies before, i dont see why everyones flipping shit about 'oh this will just be a shitty remake aimed at the teens'

fumanstan
03-28-12, 03:06 PM
I don't think she's goofy looking either. She looks far better then Lohan to me, even pre-Lohan crazy.

Groucho
03-28-12, 03:11 PM
They can just make her "Hollywood Ugly" the way they did Anne Hathaway in that princess movie. Bad perm, frumpy clothes, glasses.

Supermallet
03-28-12, 03:17 PM
I don't think she's goofy looking, and since when was Lindsay Lohan the standard for beauty? That's some silliness right there.

Dr. DVD
03-28-12, 04:32 PM
Moretz is the only reason I have any interest in this one. Right now she seems like she is very happy to get movie roles and gives her all each time. Basically, she hasn't hit the Lohan phase yet.

LiquidSky
03-28-12, 07:28 PM
This thread reminded me that I need to change my pillow cases. I don't want DIRTY PILLOWS! :)

TomOpus
03-28-12, 07:38 PM
:lol: Piper Laurie was great as the mom

Charlie Goose
03-28-12, 10:56 PM
did this new age of school-bullying create this remake?

"THEY'RE ALL GONNA UNFRIEND YOU!"

-eek-

Giles
03-28-12, 11:05 PM
that 2002 remake was pretty craptastic!

antspawn
03-28-12, 11:09 PM
"THEY'RE ALL GONNA UNFRIEND YOU!"

-eek-

:lol:

omg that would kill me.

Bullying by threatening to remove from Facebook.

Drexl
03-28-12, 11:49 PM
I think Melissa Leo would be great as the mom. It would be like a more twisted version of her character in Red State.

CharlieK
04-03-12, 04:06 PM
That was quick.

http://images.hitfix.com/assets/1331/Carrie_poster_Pierce.jpg

Groucho
04-03-12, 04:13 PM
Fan made.

inri222
04-03-12, 04:19 PM

Yeah in the locker room & shower scene there was some full frontal from what I can remember.

Groucho
04-03-12, 04:26 PM
Yeah in the locker room & shower scene there was some full frontal from what I can remember.In slow-motion no less. The only thing that made it somewhat less creepy is that none of the "high school girls" in that film looked a day younger than 25.

CharlieK
04-03-12, 04:26 PM
Fan made. The article I got it from said Kim Pierce made it. I think it's lousy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fan made, but I was surprised to read the director did this.

TomOpus
04-03-12, 04:37 PM
Link to the article?

CharlieK
04-03-12, 04:42 PM
Yeah, sorry about that.

HitFix (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/striking-graphic-posters-for-savages-carrie-and-abcs-of-death-impress)

Xander
04-04-12, 09:00 AM
I actually think that's a pretty cool poster. :shrug: It'd be better if her pupils were on fire, maybe.

arminius
04-04-12, 10:19 AM
I actually think that's a pretty cool poster. :shrug: It'd be better if her pupils were on fire, maybe.

And her ears had smoke coming out of them.

DonnachaOne
04-04-12, 11:13 AM
The article I got it from said Kim Pierce made it. I think it's lousy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fan made, but I was surprised to read the director did this.
Either you read articles by people who don't know how to write, or you missed something. Kimberly Peirce shared the fanmade poster on her Facebook page. She, too, thought it nifty.

CharlieK
04-04-12, 11:40 AM
Either you read articles by people who don't know how to write, or you missed something. Kimberly Peirce shared the fanmade poster on her Facebook page. She, too, thought it nifty.

:shrug: The former, I guess. Oh well, I'll be sure to be more discerning the next time I repost movie news to an internet forum.

"I'm trying to think of the last time I saw a director making fan posters for their own film before they ever rolled a frame of film, and I'm coming up empty. I mean, Chloe Moretz just started negotiations on the film last week, and yet here we've got a poster that Pierce made that suggests the tone she's hoping to strike with her film."

HitFix (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/striking-graphic-posters-for-savages-carrie-and-abcs-of-death-impress)

DonnachaOne
04-04-12, 11:59 AM
Drew McWeeny needs to report the news or write movies, because evidently he can't do both.

I'm sure most people wouldn't want to jinx whatever they're working on, or waste time making, fanmade marketing stuff. You have your Thomas Janes who photoshop themselves to look like Jonah Hex, but that's as close to filmmaker-created fanshopping I know of.

TomOpus
04-12-12, 10:09 AM
While looking for info regarding Pacific Rim, I noticed they are also shooting Carrie in Toronto starting in June going through September.

http://www.toronto.ca/tfto/pdf/currentlist.pdf

Mr. Cinema
04-16-12, 06:47 PM
Julianne Moore in Talks to Take Mother Role in CARRIE Remake (http://collider.com/julianne-moore-carrie-remake/159623/)

Julie Walker
04-18-12, 12:42 AM
I wonder if they can even make a good movie out of this? I think the 1976 version is great, despite being very different from the novel. The novel itself wasn't 'that' good in my opinion and merely okay from what I remember.

The 2002 tv remake tried to follow the structure of the novel and it was awfully boring and stupid in my opinion. The changes made in the 1976 version to the very ending were excellent, while the 2002 version which stayed more faithful to the novel was just dull and laughable.

A similar thing happened with The Shining where all the changes made in the Kubrick version were actually great and became iconic(axe and hedge maze). Meanwhile the tv remake that is more faithful to the novel was lame and laughable with the animal hedge coming to life and the crochet mallet. Those didn't work well on screen and I can see why they changed them for the Kubrick version.

So now I'm more aware than ever, books and film are different mediums and some changes must be made. Since what works on the page may not work on the screen. The two examples above are the perfect example of this, since both original film adaptions were drastically different from the novels and did their own thing with the material, but they worked. Meanwhile the current attempt to be 'faithful' to both novels failed miserably.

So can another attempt at being 'faithful' to the Carrie novel work? I'll probably check it out, but am skeptical at the moment based on how most King adaptions and 'faithful' adaptions go. Also if it's PG-13 and played safe, it'll not work at all and if it's R rated but played 'safe, it won't work either. The story needs an R rating and no sugar coating things. And so far,the 1976 version is the best take on the material.

argh923
04-18-12, 12:12 PM
Eh, that's a matter of opinion. I thought the TV remake was 10x better than Kubrick's version of The Shining, which I didn't really care for at all.

antspawn
04-29-12, 12:44 AM
Exclusive: Chloe Moretz Offers a Carrie Update

Already a familiar talent to horror fans for her vampiric turn in Matt Reeves' Let Me In, Chloe Moretz teams with director Tim Burton for the upcoming Dark Shadows and ComingSoon.net had a chance to speak with the young star. We'll have the full interview available soon, but we also got a few details about Moretz's upcoming role as the titular Carrie in Kimberly Peirce's big screen remake.

"I start that June 1st," says Moretz. "...It's going to be very well done. I don't want to jinx it, but [Peirce] is a genius, genius, genius director. I would never do it with someone that I don't trust. I trust her more than a lot of the directors I've worked with. She's the right woman for the job."

Released in 1974, "Carrie" was Stephen King's first published novel and tells the story of a high school girl who, through telekinetic powers, takes revenge on peers that have mocked her. Though Brian De Palma directed a highly-acclaimed film version in 1976, Moretz says that Peirce's take sticks more closely to King's text.

"I'm actually not looking at the original," she says, "even though De Palma's movie was one of the best movies ever made. It's completely iconic and I'm proud to be able to be doing a retooling of it. We're kind of going off the book. It's darker and much more psychological. More 'Black Swan.' You're really looking into her mind and it really looks into the relationship of Margaret and Carrie. It's set in modern time, so it's a lot different."

The role of Margaret White (Carrie's mother) was played by Piper Laurie in De Palma's version, earning the actress an Academy Award nomination. Last week, word broke that Julianne Moore had been offered the part for the new film.

Most intriguing of Moretz's comments about the upcoming project was the hint that her Carrie White would offer a very different look for her, physically.

"It's something that's very different from me," Moretz says of Carrie's wardrobe. "It's an out of body thing. I'm becoming a totally different person for it. I'm letting go of all of my self-esteem issues and just kind of going into it. You have to."

Although shooting won't begin for another month, Moretz and Peirce have already been impressed with the outpouring of fan support and, in particular, the fan-made poster pictured above. Designed by Pierre-Luc Boucher, the teaser was posted to his Deviant Art page and soon found its way to Peirce.

"That was a cool poster!" Moretz laughs. "Kim sent that to me. She said, 'Oh my god, you've got to look at this. It's really, really, really cool!' We both felt so pumped. Now we're chomping at the bit to get in there."

Carrie is scheduled for release on March 15, 2013. Check back for updates as they become available and catch Dark Shadows in theaters on May 11th.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89713

Mr. Cinema
05-11-12, 07:45 PM
Gabriella Wilde (The Three Musketeers) is in negotiations for the role of Sue Snell.

JumpCutz
05-11-12, 08:43 PM
Eh, that's a matter of opinion. I thought the TV remake was 10x better than Kubrick's version of The Shining, which I didn't really care for at all.

I'm not a huge fan of Kubrick's The Shining... but you thought the re-make was 10x better? :eek:

Kubrick's version was at least technically brilliant.

I thought the TV version was cheesy and badly acted. Different strokes I guess.:shrug:

TomOpus
05-13-12, 10:31 AM
Julianne Moore in Talks to Take Mother Role in CARRIE Remake (http://collider.com/julianne-moore-carrie-remake/159623/)It's now official:

Official: Julianne Moore to play mom in 'Carrie' (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/05/12/official-julianne-moore-to-play-mom-in-carrie/)

Rival11
05-13-12, 11:21 AM
I think Julianne Moore is perfect for the role...she is a pimp

MoviePage
05-13-12, 12:34 PM
I have trouble picturing Moore in the role, since she usually plays soft-spoken, non-domineering types. Although she does have recent experience playing a self-righteous religious nutbag, so I guess she'll do.

Josh-da-man
05-13-12, 10:21 PM
I have trouble picturing Moore in the role, since she usually plays soft-spoken, non-domineering types. Although she does have recent experience playing a self-righteous religious nutbag, so I guess she'll do.

What, did she play Sarah Palin in a movie?

ETA: Oh, yeah, she did. :lol:

Defiant1
05-13-12, 11:28 PM

I thought she did just fine as Clarice Starling as well.

actionjackson29
05-15-12, 04:26 AM
In slow-motion no less. The only thing that made it somewhat less creepy is that none of the "high school girls" in that film looked a day younger than 25.

Brian De Palma is a great man.

Solid Snake
07-05-12, 05:50 PM
Set pics

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/27/article-0-13CE6C38000005DC-510_468x610.jpg

Gabrielle Wilde as Sue Snell

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/wilde-carrie656.jpg

Yeti4623
07-05-12, 07:40 PM
I don't see the point in making another one of these, unless they do something really different with it. Kimberly Pierce is directing. Maybe it could be good.

Solid Snake
07-05-12, 07:46 PM
well...if they keep it close to the book that'd be good. I'd like to see that.

johnnysd
07-05-12, 08:43 PM
It's just not a PG-13 property in my view.

Solid Snake
07-05-12, 09:13 PM
...Ok...somehow I missed that this was PG-13. Yeah...I don't see it now.

RocShemp
07-05-12, 09:30 PM
This is seriously gonna be PG-13? That can only work if it's a Hanna or True Grit (remake) PG-13.

antspawn
07-26-12, 10:24 PM
First footage:

<embed class=" __noscriptObjectPatchMe__" src="http://worstpreviews.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/wo007/45/525205/" name="wo007_1be61da2203f8b6707e9a284a84c7026" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" height="500" width="500">

Josh-da-man
07-26-12, 10:37 PM
Does this mean Carrie will get her first period in a swimming pool?

Matthew Chmiel
07-26-12, 11:28 PM
Does this mean Carrie will get her first period in a swimming pool?
You have to go for that PG-13 and... uh... Chloe Moretz is underage, so, there's that too.

Spottedfeather
07-27-12, 01:40 AM
This just doesn't make any sense. Chloe Moretz is great looking. In the book and the real movie, she was gangly, thin, and plain looking. Her sister in the sequel also wasn't the traditional model type. This is also why I hated the horrible remake of Let The Right One In. The character Eli was strange and "different" looking. I don't understand why they'd cast someone attractive.

DRG
07-27-12, 10:08 AM
This just doesn't make any sense. Chloe Moretz is great looking. In the book and the real movie, she was gangly, thin, and plain looking.

Yeah, it is sort of odd when she's cuter than the 'popular girl' making fun of her. Of course, since this is Hollywood I suppose the idea that she actually looks like a real 15-year-old girl while all her co-stars are in their 20s is enough to make her a dork, I don't know.

I get that they are doing some stuff with wardrobe, but based on the set pics I think they're still missing the mark. Sure, they have her in 'church girl clothes', but it's like some fashion designer's version of a church look... it's still flattering on her. In reality when you see those traditionalist families, the girls are wearing those long, ill-fitting denim smock dresses.

Obey The D
07-27-12, 10:35 AM
This just doesn't make any sense. Chloe Moretz is great looking. In the book and the real movie, she was gangly, thin, and plain looking.

It's Hollywood, so I'm sure they think by not putting much makeup on her that it will be enough to make her plain looking.

Reminds me of Not Another Teen Movie: "No, no, no, no, anyone but her! Not... Janey Briggs! Guys, she's got glasses and a ponytail! Aw, look at that, she's got paint on her overalls, what is that?"

antspawn
08-23-12, 02:16 PM
First Official Photos Of ‘Carrie’ Remake

http://latino-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/carrie-photo1.jpg

http://latino-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/carrie-photo2.jpg

RocShemp
08-23-12, 02:20 PM
I wanna see this but I still think Chloe is too pretty to be Carrie.

RichC2
08-23-12, 02:21 PM
Moore looks suitably psycho.

RocShemp
08-23-12, 02:34 PM

:up:

Groucho
08-23-12, 02:47 PM
Both of those shots are pretty spoiler-ish, no?

RocShemp
08-23-12, 03:18 PM
Both of those shots are pretty spoiler-ish, no?

If you have never seen (or even heard of) the original, sure.

RichC2
08-23-12, 03:19 PM
Pfft, it all happens in the first 10 minutes, I hardly call it a spoiler.

Groucho
08-23-12, 03:28 PM
If you have never seen (or even heard of) the original, sure.Yes, I suppose that's true of any spoiler. If you already knew what was going to happen, you won't be spoiled!

majorjoe23
08-23-12, 04:20 PM
At this point I'd say Carrie getting covered in blood is one of those film images that's famous enough that it really isn't much of a spoiler. I'd pretty much guarantee it will be in the trailer.

Draven
08-23-12, 04:22 PM
If you have never seen (or even heard of) the original, sure.

Exactly. If you've seen the cover art for Carrie, you know that scene. I think it's ok.

RocShemp
08-23-12, 04:22 PM
At this point I'd say Carrie getting covered in blood is one of those film images that's famous enough that it really isn't much of a spoiler. I'd pretty much guarantee it will be in the trailer.

Tinted black, of course.

Solid Snake
08-23-12, 04:38 PM
That always makes me chuckle when they do that in tv spots or trailers.

Also...I'm digging what I'm seeing in those shots. Now lets see a trailer and hear what they're adding or changing.

antspawn
08-23-12, 04:58 PM
This one is for the teens. Because there is no way in hell they are going to make a better performance than Sissy Spacek.

You look at Sissy in the original Carrie and you say "This chick is pretty ugly I can see why these assholes are picking on her".

You look at Moretz and you say "awww what a cutie" she's no ugly duckling even without lipstick or her hair fixed.

This movie is just one saturday-going-out-bring-your-condoms-teens-popcorn-flick.

Solid Snake
08-23-12, 05:01 PM
Why would you bring your condoms? Just pull out and shoot her in the mouth w/ it.

antspawn
08-23-12, 05:02 PM

RocShemp
08-23-12, 05:27 PM
Solid Snake PAC is truly the poet of this homeless generation.

Tom Creo
08-24-12, 10:56 PM
This one is for the teens. Because there is no way in hell they are going to make a better performance than Sissy Spacek.

You look at Sissy in the original Carrie and you say "This chick is pretty ugly I can see why these assholes are picking on her".

You look at Moretz and you say "awww what a cutie" she's no ugly duckling even without lipstick or her hair fixed.

This movie is just one saturday-going-out-bring-your-condoms-teens-popcorn-flick.

Add the cell phone interruptions and the PG-13 rating and you have an easy pass on this film from me.

dolphinboy
08-25-12, 05:41 PM
Add the cell phone interruptions and the PG-13 rating and you have an easy pass on this film from me.

I'm not so sure Moretz can't pull off being a homely kid that no one likes (certainly not as well as Spacek though), but if this is really going to be PG-13 it's going to need to be VERY good for me even want to see it. And I tend to want to see anything and everything Julianne Moore does.

islandclaws
08-25-12, 06:27 PM
I like the shot of Moretz, but it also just feels completely... hollow. We all know this remake will be the dried out shell of its former glory.

mhg83
08-25-12, 07:19 PM
Why is it assumed this is going to be pg-13? Did the director say they were going for a pg-13?

islandclaws
08-25-12, 07:45 PM
I don't care if it's PG-13 or not. I don't think this is a film that needs an R.

Solid Snake
08-25-12, 07:53 PM
I've yet to read story but...does it need an R? As the story is in print...does it come off as R? I've seen the De Palma film and while I remember really liking it. Details as to what pushes the rating in it aside from the nudity I can't remember too well what else drives it to be an R aside from the awesome intro.

riley_dude
08-25-12, 08:14 PM
I just read the book for the first time and it's pretty true to the first movie except for the last quarter. It doesn't need an R.

RagingBull80
08-25-12, 08:24 PM
So I'm guessing we won't get an awesome slow-mo opening with a bunch of naked girls with lots of bush?

MoviePage
08-26-12, 08:25 AM

I'm still not at all convinced this is a good casting choice. To me, it seems like your everyday "Julianne Moore is sad" look. She just happens to be wearing a creepy costume and holding a knife.

I'm hoping they don't go the sympathetic, "understand her pain!" psycho route with the mother, but I'm worried that they will.

Solid Snake
08-27-12, 05:22 PM
So I was wondering about this as well but it seems like this is set in the modern era by the look of that limo in the pics from the link.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/27/carrie-set-photos-show-chloe-moretz-going-to-the-bloody-prom.html

Tom Creo
08-27-12, 06:02 PM
They're gonna cyber bully Carrie. lol

Tom Creo
08-27-12, 06:03 PM
"Ya dun goofed!"

Obey The D
08-27-12, 07:39 PM
"Ya dun goofed!"

"We have backtraced the pigs blood and have reported you all to the USDA!"

Mondo Kane
08-27-12, 08:56 PM
So I'm guessing we won't get an awesome slow-mo opening with a bunch of naked girls with lots of bush?

:(

Numanoid
08-28-12, 01:21 PM
So far, this looks like an incredibly unnecessary and ultimately quite forgettable remake.

Tom Creo
08-28-12, 05:31 PM
So far, this looks like an incredibly unnecessary and ultimately quite forgettable remake.

Aren't most of them?

Tom Creo
08-30-12, 03:16 PM
Man, she has a big 'ole set of.............man hands.-eek-
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/scenters/carrie.jpg

Solid Snake
08-30-12, 04:44 PM
well she'll need them to cup someone's balls, I guess.

Tom Creo
08-30-12, 05:54 PM
lol You have such a way with words.

Solid Snake
08-30-12, 06:28 PM
Don't you know? I'm a goddamn artist.

antspawn
08-30-12, 06:43 PM
You know what they say about girls with big hands right?

Solid Snake
08-30-12, 06:48 PM
They...cup big balls w/ them? *raised eyebrow*

antspawn
08-30-12, 06:50 PM
^
Not even close. :lol:

Answer: The harder they can slap a pedophile.

:D

RocShemp
08-30-12, 09:35 PM
^
Not even close. :lol:

Answer: The harder they can slap a pedophile.

:D

But isn't she already...?

*looks up her bio on Wikipedia*

I gotta delete some pictures from my spank bank folder. :sad:

antspawn
08-30-12, 09:38 PM
I gotta delete some pictures from my spank bank folder. :sad:

The what?

rotfl

------

I thought she was younger.

Tom Creo
08-30-12, 11:45 PM
5-1 odds that they don't mention "Dirty Pillows" anywhere in the film.:lol:

RocShemp
08-31-12, 01:05 PM
The what?

rotfl

Nothing. Right click... Empty Recycle bin... Nothing at all. :blush:

nando820
08-31-12, 03:35 PM
Didn't know they were making this, as unnecessary as "Let the Right One In" remake. But that ended up being pretty good and Chloe is such a frickin weirdo that she can pull it off beautifully

antspawn
08-31-12, 05:15 PM
Nothing. Right click... Empty Recycle bin... Nothing at all. :blush:

Your secret is safe with me. ;)

mhg83
08-31-12, 05:55 PM
Man, she has a big 'ole set of.............man hands.-eek-
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/scenters/carrie.jpg

Meh. She was much hotter in Kick-Ass

banthafett
08-31-12, 06:20 PM
I never thought she was cute, a little boyish. That pic above proves parents raised a boy as a girl.

JumpCutz
08-31-12, 06:29 PM
Yeah that's a bad picture of her, if she looks like that in Carrie she'll be giving Sissy Spacek a run for the money in the fugly department. :eek:

TomOpus
08-31-12, 11:42 PM
First you guys thought she was too pretty, now you say she's ugly.

RocShemp
08-31-12, 11:49 PM
First you guys thought she was too pretty, now you say she's ugly.

I think those two are blind and/or on LSD. Chloë Grace Moretz is pretty. Too pretty for the role, in fact. Outside of being the pretty "ugly girl" in a teen romcom, I'll have a hard time believing a girl that cute would be an outcast in highschool. :shrug:

Dragon Tattoo
08-31-12, 11:59 PM
You really sound like a pedophile now.

RocShemp
09-01-12, 01:06 AM
You really sound like a pedophile now.

Nothing like that at all. Think back to when you were in HS. Would a girl like that have been marginalized? I don't think so.

Solid Snake
09-01-12, 01:21 AM
The difference between a pedophile and Rocshemp is that a pedophile will stick his dick in something regardless of age..Rocshemp said she was pretty. He didn't say he'd fuck her.

She is pretty. I wouldn't fuck her though. Now Dakota Fanning? I'd fuck...just to fuck...no real reason..just fuck.

RocShemp
09-01-12, 01:30 AM
The difference between a pedophile and Rocshemp is that a pedophile will stick his dick in something regardless of age..Rocshemp said she was pretty. He didn't say he'd fuck her.

She is pretty. I wouldn't fuck her though.

Exactly. One can acknowledge she is pretty without entering Herbert the Pervert territory.

RocShemp
10-15-12, 10:30 PM
Teaser trailer (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95929).

gp1086
10-15-12, 10:38 PM
I'm looking forward to checking this out. Liked, but didn't love the original adaptation. Think they could actually make this one better.

Groucho
10-15-12, 10:42 PM
To be fair, that's a really good teaser trailer.

Supermallet
10-15-12, 11:05 PM
To be unfair, I'm banning Groucho!

TomOpus
10-15-12, 11:35 PM
I kinda liked the teaser too. Looking forward to the first real trailer.

Giantrobo
10-15-12, 11:39 PM
I never thought she was cute, a little boyish. That pic above proves parents raised a boy as a girl.

That's kinda hot.

Julie Walker
10-16-12, 12:24 AM
The teaser is cool I admit. How the actual film is still remains to be seen, but I'm willing to give it a fair chance based on the teaser alone.

Solid Snake
10-16-12, 09:36 AM
Alright. How about we embed the trailer? Luckily Sony has one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OLLsrZwJrBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. DVD
10-16-12, 10:01 AM
Teaser looked good, though I kind of got a Michael Bay produced vibe from it.

antspawn
10-16-12, 02:56 PM
It reminded me of Babylon AD trailer.

But nice teaser trailer. :)

islandclaws
10-16-12, 06:43 PM
I'm sure this will wind up being another pointless remake that tanks fast and disappears from everyone's conscious just as quickly.

Although, it would be cool if they updated Carrie's powers so that she had laser eyes that melt flesh. Or maybe she could be a scanner?

nando820
10-16-12, 06:54 PM

That's cause she has that lesbo vibe going on, that's where her manliness comes from

antspawn
10-16-12, 08:16 PM
It seems she knows a lot about the original movie and the book:

http://latino-review.com/2012/10/16/nycc-12-chloe-moretz-talks-insecurity-carrie/

Solid Snake
10-21-12, 04:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GknMXK7gwTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Troy Stiffler
10-27-12, 10:37 PM
This movie might be good. Who knows, really?

I saw the trailer before Silent Hill 2. You know what? During the trailer, when I saw "Stephen King", my mind started racing. The burning town. I was wondering what it was going to be. The Stand theatrical release? The Dark Towers? Any of his 1000 fun stories?

And then 80% in, I realized that it was a Carrie trailer, and I was bummed out.

So many awesome Stephen King stories out there to adapt. And they have to readapt a movie that was already pretty good. Ugh.

HN
10-29-12, 11:08 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GknMXK7gwTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chloe Moretz sounds like Rory Gilmore

Solid Snake
01-03-13, 02:25 PM
http://geektyrant.com/storage/0999-post-images/carrie1320135.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1357172803159

islandclaws
01-03-13, 02:29 PM
^ Fan made.

Also: bumped to Oct.

Makes more sense for the horror theme, but I'd also suspect studio heads wanted to put a little more distance between the Newtown shooting and a movie where a bullied girl kills half her class in a fit of rage.

Defiant1
01-03-13, 09:17 PM
Good point. Also, the Paranormal Activity franchise was seriously weakened with the last installment so Sony sees an opportunity to hit it big in October.

dex14
04-03-13, 07:32 PM
Full trailer tomorrow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x5c7vgpIWBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TomOpus
04-04-13, 12:19 PM
Chloë tweeted that the trailer will be on Entertainment Tonight and also attached to the "Evil Dead" movie.

dex14
04-04-13, 07:17 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/45OFr5TLz3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I called the number...kinda creepy.

Artman
04-04-13, 09:27 PM
Looks better than any of the platinum dunes films... though I probably won't see it in theaters.

JumpCutz
04-05-13, 12:36 AM
Meh. Almost impossible to top the De Palma original. Love Julianne Moore in anything. Hard to buy Moretz as a social outcast. Dudes would be all over her.

gp1086
04-05-13, 01:00 AM
This trailer played in front of Evil Dead tonight and I'm kind of pissed off I broke my rule and watched it. Feel like so many great scenes were ruined / spoiled already. Will not do this with The Conjuring.

JumpCutz
04-05-13, 01:12 AM
This trailer played in front of Evil Dead tonight and I'm kind of pissed off I broke my rule and watched it. Feel like so many great scenes were ruined / spoiled already. Will not do this with The Conjuring.

Yeah I know, a tired subject matter, but trailers nowadays give away too many plot points. Back in the day... a trailer and especially a teaser rarely contained money shots or mini-movie narratives of the entire plot.

It's seemingly a lost art. :sad:

RocShemp
04-05-13, 07:42 AM
Meh. Almost impossible to top the De Palma original. Love Julianne Moore in anything. Hard to buy Moretz as a social outcast. Dudes would be all over her.

My feelings to a T. It has potential and Moore looks fantastic but the De Palma flick will be tough to equal, let alone beat. And then, although I'm sure she'll deliver a fine performance, there's the problem that Moretz is too pretty bo a convincing social outcast. The only reason other girls would hate her is because all the guys would want her. Moretz in the role reminds me of the "pretty ugly girl" running gag from Not Another Teen Movie.

Obey The D
04-05-13, 10:06 AM
My feelings to a T. It has potential and Moore looks fantastic but the De Palma flick will be tough to equal, let alone beat. And then, although I'm sure she'll deliver a fine performance, there's the problem that Moretz is too pretty bo a convincing social outcast. The only reason other girls would hate her is because all the guys would want her. Moretz in the role reminds me of the "pretty ugly girl" running gag from Not Another Teen Movie.

"No, no, no, no, anyone but her! Not... Janie Briggs! Guys, she's got glasses and a ponytail! Aw, look at that, she's got paint on her overalls, what is that? Guys, there's no way she could be prom queen!"

islandclaws
04-05-13, 12:57 PM
Aside from Moore nailing the Piper Laurie role, this looks bad.

They expect me to believe Moretz is a homely unpopular girl?! She looked like a fucking model in the trailer.

Tom Creo
04-05-13, 01:38 PM
"They're all gonna laugh at you." Check

Spiral staircase leading up to Carrie's attic room. Check.

Tampon scene. Check

"Dirty Pillows." ??? PG-13. ???

Why in the hell would I pay to see this when it's basically a carbon copy of the original?

Why So Blu?
04-05-13, 03:21 PM
"No, no, no, no, anyone but her! Not... Janie Briggs! Guys, she's got glasses and a ponytail! Aw, look at that, she's got paint on her overalls, what is that? Guys, there's no way she could be prom queen!"

Well played, sir.

onebyone
04-05-13, 03:43 PM
I will give it a go because I like the cast.

However, I am surprised that they didn't put forth more of an effort to homely up Chloe.

xfilekr
04-05-13, 03:49 PM
Really enjoyed the book, liked the original movie, and am looking forward to this. Trailer was good- I look forward to the full devastation of the town in the book not pulled off in the movie. Not sure I buy Chloe though.

Drexl
04-05-13, 04:07 PM
I think Mia Wasikowska would have been a better choice for the Carrie role.

Draven
04-05-13, 04:11 PM
Chloe looks like a weird homeschooled nerd to me. Not sure what the rest of you are seeing.

Decker
04-05-13, 04:37 PM
This trailer played in front of Evil Dead tonight and I'm kind of pissed off I broke my rule and watched it. Feel like so many great scenes were ruined / spoiled already.

I know where you're coming from and I usually hate spoily trailers as well, but c'mon, it's Carrie. Everyone knows that story already, right? I think if you're watching this trailer, you're not thinking "I wonder what this movie's about", but rather "How faithful will this movie be to the DePalma original?" and "Will any changes be made to modernize the story?". The trailer answers those questions pretty decisively.

I think Mia Wasikowska would have been a better choice for the Carrie role.

Yeah, cause she's so homely and plain.

I do like that they cast the daughter from The Americans. I think she's a hell of a young actress -- one of the few who seems like a genuine teen, a smart one at that.

RocShemp
04-05-13, 05:22 PM

Yup. That's what Moretz as Carrie brings to my mind.

Matthew Chmiel
04-05-13, 06:07 PM
The trailer makes the film look like it'll be worst than The Rage: Carrie 2.

I thought the remake was going to be more of an adaptation of the book rather than a remake?

Jules Winfield
04-05-13, 07:16 PM
Yeah, cause she's so homely and plain.

She's definitely plain as fuck. I wouldn't go so far as to call her homely but I see her as the closest resemblance to Sissy Spacek that we have.

RocShemp
04-05-13, 08:37 PM
Yeah, she definitely has more of the plain look which Carrie should have:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjY0MTMyNzQxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTIwNzY2NA@@._V1._SY314_CR10,0,214,314_.jpg

Tom Creo
04-05-13, 10:30 PM
She's definitely plain as fuck. I wouldn't go so far as to call her homely but I see her as the closest resemblance to Sissy Spacek that we have.

WTF??????????:lol:

Josh-da-man
04-05-13, 11:32 PM
Attractive girls can get bullied, too. Happens all the time.

The thing about Carrie is her mother is batshit crazy, she's weird and social outcast. She doesn't have to be ugly to get a lot of shit thrown her way.

Lara Means
04-05-13, 11:53 PM
That trailer gave away the entire fucking movie.

Why So Blu?
04-06-13, 12:32 AM

And this too.

eXcentris
04-06-13, 12:41 AM
Attractive girls can get bullied, too. Happens all the time.

The thing about Carrie is her mother is batshit crazy, she's weird and social outcast. She doesn't have to be ugly to get a lot of shit thrown her way.

I agree. And you can overdo (making someone look) ugly. See "Excision". There was no need to make AnnaLynne McCord look like the chick in "The Woman"...

Julie Walker
04-06-13, 01:02 AM

To be fair, the original 1976 Carrie trailer spoils the entire prom sequence and pretty much the entire film.

I did think the oil that fell on her in the remakes trailer was hilarious though. I know it was altered just for the 'green band' trailer, but it still looked stupid and should've been left out.

I thought they showed the blood as is(red) falling on her in the original 1976 trailer. But I was wrong, they show a split second with the original color, then a red filter takes over the image as it splashes on her.

Jules Winfield
04-06-13, 08:03 AM
WTF??????????:lol:

She's lanky and she's got this weird look about her. And my sentence is awkwardly worded...fuck off.:D

hanshotfirst1138
04-06-13, 08:09 AM
I'm not normally all that enthusiastic about remakes, especially given how good the DePalma version is, but Moore, Moretz, and Pierce make this sound pretty interesting.

Torchur317
04-06-13, 01:31 PM
Seen the trailer before Evil Dead, looks like they did the remake justice with this one.

Tom Creo
04-06-13, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I have to disagree. Just look at the car sequence in the trailer. Practical stunt versus CGI. Plus DePalma did that shutter effect to Carrie's eyes when she used her power. I doubt we'll get any of that type of artful direction. Plus, there is no way they can come close to Pino Dinaggio's haunting score (I wonder if the remake will utilize it some) and I know we won't get blasted with opening credit nudity either. :(

I wonder if they'll use split screen.

antspawn
04-07-13, 12:48 AM
no wolf pussy = no sale :mad:

LiquidSky
04-07-13, 06:42 AM
no wolf pussy = no sale :mad:

What is wolf pussy?

Solid Snake
04-07-13, 07:43 AM
A wolf's pussy?

Tom Creo
04-07-13, 08:26 AM
Hairy 70's pussy? :hscratch:

Josh-da-man
04-07-13, 08:50 AM
From Urban Dictionary:

1. wolf pussy
a pussy that is so hairy that you are scared to stick your dick in it for fear it'll bite it off.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/The_More_You_Know.jpg

antspawn
05-24-13, 11:11 PM
<iframe frameborder="no" style="margin:0 auto;display:block;" width="500" height="847" src="http://ec2-75-101-134-239.compute-1.amazonaws.com/carrie-on/image.php?width=500&locale=en_GB"></iframe>

devilshalo
07-11-13, 03:11 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/07/09/EW-1268-COVER-CARRIE.jpg

Giantrobo
07-11-13, 03:20 PM
:up:

Giantrobo
07-11-13, 03:21 PM
What is wolf pussy?

:lol: ;)

Meglos
07-11-13, 03:36 PM
What is wolf pussy?

I'm not sure, but I bet I'd pay good money to watch Liam Neeson defeat it in a movie!

LiquidSky
07-11-13, 07:24 PM
:lol: ;)

Hey, man! :lol: I like wolf dong! :)

Rypro 525
09-25-13, 12:29 AM

and officially rated R for Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Language & Some Sexual Content. its funny how several on the first page thought it would be PG-13 just because of the lead not being "of age"

RocShemp
09-25-13, 02:21 AM
Awesome. Now here's hoping it's actually a good movie as well as bloody, unlike the generic Evil Dead remake.

riotinmyskull
09-25-13, 03:58 AM
woah this is rated R? i might actually see this in the theater now...considering it's the ONLY horror movie that'll be out in october.

Tom Creo
09-25-13, 05:11 AM
Yeah, surprised at the R rating. Still not planning to see this, though.

inri222
09-25-13, 11:27 AM
and officially rated R for Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Language & Some Sexual Content. its funny how several on the first page thought it would be PG-13 just because of the lead not being "of age"

No full frontal opening locker room scene, no sale.

EddieMoney
09-25-13, 11:33 AM
Awesome. Now here's hoping it's actually a good movie as well as bloody, unlike the generic Evil Dead remake.

Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Evil Dead.

islandclaws
09-25-13, 12:12 PM
woah this is rated R? i might actually see this in the theather now...considering it's the ONLY horror movie that'll be out in october.

Ditto.

Rypro 525
09-25-13, 12:59 PM

paging chris hanson...

inri222
09-25-13, 01:05 PM
paging chris hanson...

There would be no need for this if they would have gotten Juno Temple involved instead of Chloe whatever her name is.

RichC2
09-25-13, 01:11 PM
Juno Temple would be butt naked the entire movie.

How did they get Thora Birch's breasts in American Beauty again? I mean I know her parents worked in porn, but she was still pretty young.

printerati
09-25-13, 02:02 PM
How did they get Thora Birch's breasts in American Beauty again? I mean I know her parents worked in porn, but she was still pretty young.

Her parents gave permission and were present at the shoot. I read an article that her dad is apparently present at every shoot she does (even though she's in her 30's now?) and is a complete pain in the ass to deal with, which explains why she more or less dropped off the radar.

inri222
09-25-13, 02:11 PM
I read an article that her dad is apparently present at every shoot she does (even though she's in her 30's now?) and is a complete pain in the ass to deal with, which explains why she more or less dropped off the radar.

That does not sound like a healthy relationship. What a wierdo!

RocShemp
09-25-13, 02:14 PM
Her dad also once told a co-star just how he should pork Thora for the camera and even gave the guy a thumbs up while he was shooting the sex scene with Thora. This is the same dad who apparently threatened another actor because he gave his daughter a back rub (at the director's insistence) while they were rehearsing a scene for a play. I get an incestuous vibe from the da.

MrSmearkase
09-25-13, 02:53 PM
Yeah, Thora Birch's dad sounds like a real psycho.

What Happened to Thora Birch? (Her Creepy Dad Did) (http://www.wetpaint.com/news/articles/2013-07-01-what-happened-thora-birch-creepy)

RichC2
09-25-13, 02:56 PM
Yeah I read that recently, weird.

antspawn
09-25-13, 07:02 PM
http://static.wetpaint.me/network/ROOT/photos/thora-1372715979.jpg

Around five fingers.

Draven
10-07-13, 04:42 PM
Saw this today - neat stunt for the new movie.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VlOxlSOr3_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mhg83
10-07-13, 07:56 PM

As long as it's not a sexual scene, I think the nudity is allowed.

devilshalo
10-07-13, 08:17 PM
So will they work this song into the movie somehow for some Sony cross promotion?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KmWE9UBFwtY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RichC2
10-07-13, 08:34 PM
They probably put more effort into this "prank" than most remakes put into their screenplay.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VlOxlSOr3_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RocShemp
10-08-13, 01:57 AM
That's a pretty awesome prank.

Tom Creo
10-08-13, 05:17 AM
Yeah but the scream was pretty cheesy. :lol:

RichC2
10-08-13, 08:20 AM
I somehow missed the fact Draven posted it 3 posts before me, oh well :lol:

devilshalo
10-08-13, 02:22 PM
That would have been best for Chronicle. ;)

OldBoy
10-08-13, 02:29 PM
Saw this today - neat stunt for the new movie.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VlOxlSOr3_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that was particularly awesome and i don't usually go for these types of vids.

this video is going to get more views than the actual movie.

Why So Blu?
10-08-13, 02:34 PM
Agreed - the scream at the end was dumb. The first is epic, though.

I would have been all like:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jap4QyShZFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tom Creo
10-09-13, 07:54 AM
Yeah, if I saw that going down I wouldn't have even paid for the coffee. I would've been the hell outta dodge. Lol

Groucho
10-09-13, 07:58 AM
Like the prank, hate the editing.

Spottedfeather
10-09-13, 02:22 PM
Don't like the changes.

EddieMoney
10-09-13, 02:44 PM
I loved Thora Birch's tits.

inri222
10-09-13, 03:00 PM

http://i2.listal.com/image/1132952/600full-thora-birch.jpg

Hokeyboy
10-09-13, 03:08 PM
Snoobies.

EddieMoney
10-09-13, 03:14 PM
http://i2.listal.com/image/1132952/600full-thora-birch.jpg

Thanks! Good old Prairie Farms!

Tom Creo
10-09-13, 07:08 PM

So does her dad.

devilshalo
10-09-13, 07:17 PM
So does her dad.

http://imageshack.us/a/img40/1719/s7cx.jpg

Tom Creo
10-09-13, 07:18 PM

RocShemp
10-09-13, 07:34 PM
http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f192/30178d1314910509-multiman-display-mode-problem-chuck-norris-thumbs-up1.jpg