DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Multi-Disc CD Jewel Cases?

Old 03-20-12, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi-Disc CD Jewel Cases?

Does any place sell good multi disc CD jewel cases? I mean the kind with good plushy hubs that hold the disc well without making you feel like you'll snap it in two trying to remove it. Like PS1 games (FF7 and such) used to use. Most recent thing I've seen with this type of case was the Devil May Cry 4 soundtrack. I don't remember ever seeing anything similar. It's always flimsy plastic shell shit or other goofy stuff.
Old 03-23-12, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Multi-Disc CD Jewel Cases?

Would you post a picture? I browse for DVD cases regularly, and might be able to help. Off the top of my head, I thought all jewel case hubs were the same, except for those with locking hubs, which I saw a couple times in the early 90's (possibly on imports only?).
Old 03-23-12, 06:19 PM
Banned

Linked below. Too big to post. Like I said though, proper retail multi disc jewel case. Not like those crappy slim cases or even crappier 2-disc jewel cases microsoft used to use for things (Office 2000 comes to mind). I've seen standard jewel cases for sale plenty of times, but never the multi disc ones.

image 1
image 2
image 3
Old 03-25-12, 02:06 PM

Mmm, that actually looks like the hub on most of my jewel cases, excluding the more recent ones with clear trays with extra reinforcement due to the brittleness of the clear plastic. And you want the traditional thick/chubby boxes. I did a quick search just now and believe this is what you want:

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-4356-...516-thick.aspx
or
http://www.sleevetown.com/double-cd-case.shtml (scroll to the bottom)

Bags Unlimited may charge a lot for shipping, but they have a better selection. Browse around the sites or do more web searches for "thick" or "chubby" and you'll likely find other dealers. Hope that helps!
Old 03-25-12, 03:27 PM
Banned

Heh. Thanks. Now if only Viva's standard DVD cases were that easy to track down.
Old 03-25-12, 10:32 PM

Amen, brother.