Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Eco Cases from other countries?

thetao
03-16-12, 05:13 PM
I have a region free DVD player and buy a number of DVD's from overseas, including the UK, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Australia, and Japan. I just came to a realization. I don't believe I have EVER received an Eco Case with a non-North American DVD. Ever. I have gotten a couple stack cases. It could be that I buy more specialty titles, which trend towards traditional cases? Or it could be that only in North America are the movie studios such horrible cheapskates. Comments?

benedict
07-13-12, 04:15 AM
The OP thought that there might be a better chance of feedback is his query was moved to this forum....

... let the knowledge-sharing commence!

flixtime
07-13-12, 07:03 AM
Hmm...I don't really pay too much attention to the actual cases stuff comes in, at the same time, I don't especially recall ever receiving an Eco case either.

BuddhaWake
07-13-12, 02:11 PM
I've gotten slim-cases from Brazil and some eastern european countries. I've gotten some cardboard cases from Russia but never those cutout plastic ones. they are horrible. the covers get punctured or dented.

DVD Polizei
08-26-12, 08:21 PM
Or it could be that only in North America are the movie studios such horrible cheapskates.

You said it. This cheap-ass packaging campaign, is being sold under the Eco-Packaging product. Only in the US would consumers fall for such an idiotic idea. I have hundreds of Blu-rays and have never seen such packaging stupidness outside of the US.

flansered
08-31-12, 01:50 PM
I own a German copy of Rio Bravo, and it came in an eco case. So it's not just an American thing.

DVD Polizei
10-16-12, 11:03 PM
Huhrensohn!