Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Run for your LIFE.. Zombie runs.

draven31
03-14-12, 06:48 PM
I saw this last year. Did anybody do this?
Run for your lives! (http://runforyourlives.com/)

I might sign up to be a zombie..

Everyone who registers as a zombie will receive the following perks:

Professional Zombie Transformation

Our team of top-notch makeup artists and wardrobe personnel will turn you into a disgusting zombie. The entire transformation process will take about 20 minutes and will be the kick-off to one of the craziest days of your life.

Zombie T-Shirt

All zombies will receive a special Zombie Horde T-Shirt. This Tee has been custom designed for our Zombie Horde and will not be sold or given out anywhere else.

Free Race on Event Day

Every zombie will have the option of racing for free on event day. You will receive a flag belt so you can fully experience what itís like to switch positions on the food chain.

Apocalypse Pass

You will gain free access to the Apocalypse Party. So once you finish your shift and sign out you can go enjoy the live music, delicious food, refreshing beer, and fun activities.

Camping Pass

All zombies will have the option of camping at night for free. Please just refrain from eating our other campers.

One Free Beverage (Includes Beer)

You will receive one free beverage ticket up finishing your zombie shift. What better way is there to celebrate your inevitable undead victory than by sipping on an ice cold brew.

Snacks and Drinks at the Zombie Transformation Center (ZTC)

The ZTC will be stocked with snacks and drinks all day.

A Race Medal

Youíll have earned it.

Free Parking

All registered zombies will receive free parking on event day.

December in Austin can be cold or mild but just getting zombie makeup could be worth it..

What say the Otters?

TomOpus
03-14-12, 06:52 PM
If I lived anywhere near Austin, it might be fun.

draven31
03-14-12, 06:55 PM
they have other locations. Austins just the closest to me.

Mole177
03-14-12, 07:00 PM
so cal zombies are full.

RoadToPerdition
03-14-12, 07:11 PM
That is awesome! The Maryland one is already full or I would totally sign up to be a zombie. These things fill up quickly, it seems.

Abob Teff
03-19-12, 01:04 AM
Any Otters interested in signing up a "team" (horde!) of zombies for the Missouri event?

TomOpus
03-19-12, 02:17 AM
There's a no-refund policy and it's a little pricey. Plus I'd have to drive there and pay for a hotel. Sounds interesting but I couldn't plan that far ahead right now.

aktick
03-19-12, 07:35 AM
Looks like sort of another take on the "Tough Mudder" competition? http://toughmudder.com/

Saw a piece on Tough Mudder on Bloomberg the other day, they did over $22 million in revenue last year. These seem to be essentially marketing companies who put on races. Kind of a cool business model, actually.

Buford T Pusser
03-19-12, 08:27 AM
Saw pix of one of these last week.

But where are the cries of ZOMBIES DON'T RUN!

Marc Brobard
03-19-12, 08:51 AM
Let me be the first to say that this sounds really stupid.

draven31
03-19-12, 12:14 PM
Saw pix of one of these last week.

But where are the cries of ZOMBIES DON'T RUN!

they have both. the fast running zombies and the shuffling zombies. I would be the latter. :)

TomOpus
03-19-12, 12:28 PM
so cal zombies are full.Then run the obstacle and become a zombie halfway through. Can you do that? Hmmm

joeblow69
03-19-12, 02:14 PM
So it's a race? We have something like that here in Minneapolis, but it's a zombie pub crawl. Makes much more sense.

TomOpus
03-19-12, 02:50 PM
Looks more like you try to make it through the zombies (and obstacles) without having all your flags taken. In that regard, you've "won" by not being overtaken by the zombies.

DVD Polizei
03-19-12, 04:11 PM
Can do it here in Oregon in front of a Starbucks in the morning hours for free.