Old 03-13-12, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Ringer -- "What We Have Is Worth The Pain" -- 3/13/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) fears that something has happened to Malcolm (Mike Colter) when she cannot get in touch with him. In an effort to find him, Bridget visits the hotel where Malcolm was staying and discover on security footage that Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) was the last person to see Malcolm before he disappeared. Meanwhile, Juliet (Zoey Deutch) discovers that someone in her family played a part in the attack on Tessa (guest star Gage Golightly) and Siobhan admits to Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) the reason she faked her death. Carbonell and Kristoffer Polaha also star. Howie Deutch directed the episode written by Scott Nimerfro (#116).

Episode 17 of 22
Old 03-17-12, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Ringer -- "What We Have Is Worth The Pain" -- 3/13/12

Pretty solid episode.

Alot of things are really coming together now.

Siobhan finally came clean to Henry and told the entire real story of her plan with Bridget and her fake suicide. I was wondering how long they planned to drag that out. You know she actually came across as sympathetic in her conversation with him.

I am surprised how Bridget just can't seem to put the pieces together that she is being screwed with and Siobhan isn't dead.

As soon as Juliet met the guy with the bloody knuckles and the tattoo, I said to myself, that's the guy who beat the crap out of her friend. A little surprised that her mother was the one who hired him.

I'm going to guess that either Olivia or Siobhan sent the hitman to take her out. Surprised that Andrew took the bullet for her.

And where the hell is Malcolm?

I hope they finish up strong and not end with a big cliffhanger. It's looking unlikely this will get a 2nd season. Plus, they are ending the season early in late April, which should be a clear sign to the Producers.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-17-12 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-17-12, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I enjoyed it. Once the show found its footing and I suspended all belief while watching it I was able to sit back and just take it in. If this is the one and only season I'm okay with that. Many shows I've liked I really just liked the first season of anyway.
Old 03-17-12, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by astrochimp
I enjoyed it. Once the show found its footing and I suspended all belief while watching it I was able to sit back and just take it in. If this is the one and only season I'm okay with that. Many shows I've liked I really just liked the first season of anyway.
I agree, it took awhile, but finally found a tone/storytelling style that works.

Rookie shows like this tend to start out rough. But once the writers get comfortable with the characters and the actors get comfortable with their roles, you really do see a difference. It could be 5 episodes or it could be 12. I think Sarah Michelle Gellar has really grown into the Siobhan/Bridget characters during the 2nd half of the season.