Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Snatch, R2 only? 2 disc set only?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Snatch, R2 only? 2 disc set only?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-00, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw this up for pre order at play247. They only have a 2 disc set listed, for £17.99 and due for release 19th Feb 2001.

Encoredirect also have Snatch listed as a pre order but for £15.19. However, there are no details as to whether or not this is a 2 disc set.

Anyone know if this is going to be a 2 disc set only and if/when it is due for an R1 release?

I don't fancy paying 18 quid even if it is 2 disc, but just over 15 quid will be ok.
Old 12-16-00, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

CrumpetMan, everywhere I’ve seen it listed it’s been the two disc set. Not seen any listing for a single disc version so I took the plunge and ordered at Encore (thanks) but I’ll cancel if it turns out it’s just a single disc. Nice list of features:

Special Features

Deleted Scenes (15 mins)
    'Making Of' Featurette (25 mins)
    Guy Ritchie Commentary
    Teaser Trailer
    Theatrical Trailer
    Interviews
    Storyboard To Film Comparisons
    Production Notes
    Filmographies
    Snatch B-Roll
    TV Spots
    Widescreen 1.85:1 Anamorphic
    English - Dolby Digital (5.1)

It’s just been released, I believe, in the States so it’ll be at least another 6 months before it gets to R1 disc. I’ve read pretty average reviews about the flick but at the least I think it will make for an interesting disc.

I am taking bets on Guy Ritchie managing to mention Madonna at least once in his commentary track. I’m afraid the odds are pretty poor though at 2-1.

I’ll bet he thinks it Xmas every day
Old 12-16-00, 05:57 AM

jonathan.e, thanks for the info. I have only seen Snatch listed at play and encore and I think I shall order it from Encore as well. I just hate to pay double figures for a film!
Old 12-16-00, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me get this right, I can get some R2 Snatch for 15 Pounds? Do I need to be in Europe to take advantage of this deal?
Old 12-17-00, 11:35 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Heat 1:
Let me get this right, I can get some R2 Snatch for 15 Pounds? Do I need to be in Europe to take advantage of this deal?
<HR>

Heat 1 --- No, you don't have to be in Europe. Most R2 online stores will ship to the US and other countries. In fact some stores, such as amazon uk, dvdzone2, fnac, etc... will charge you a little less, since you don't get to pay VAT.

But if you're talking about another "snatch" well...

[This message has been edited by benny88 (edited December 17, 2000).]
Old 12-19-00, 11:41 PM

Unfortunately neither of these sites ship outside of the UK, Ireland and (in the case of Play247) Europe.

Black Star do (with free shipping), but they have Snatch listed at a tad over 22 pounds :-(

regards, Tim...
Old 12-20-00, 04:11 AM

Amazon uk will ship outside UK, so if you're so inclined to order from them, try to get a 5 "pound" referral gc from current customers, to bring the shipped price lower.
Old 12-20-00, 09:28 AM

quote:<HR>I am taking bets on Guy Ritchie managing to mention Madonna at least once in his commentary track. I’m afraid the odds are pretty poor though at 2-1.<HR>

Since one of Madonnas songs is actually on film's soundtrack (Lucky Star, namely), I think the odds are pretty good, actually
Old 12-20-00, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SpiderX, yeah that‘s what I meant. Even if she wasn‘t on the soundtrack (why do I think he got to use that song at a special rate!) I couldn’t see him lasting out the 2 hours without getting in a reference to "I’m Mr Madonna" kinda like he did at the MTV awards where he made some cringeworthy "She‘s my woman, and I get to go home with her every night" speech.

I’m not jealous, 10 years ago maybe
Old 02-17-01, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, after e-mailing me saying that they got the price wrong and would cancel if they didn’t hear from me, Encore just charged my card for £15.19 so I think it’s safe to assume they have decided to honour the original price!
Old 02-19-01, 06:57 PM

Snatch

HOW COOL IS THIS MOVIE? GUY RICHIE IS A GOD!! And yes he mentions madonna and he still had to pay full price for lucky star!!!
Old 02-22-01, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
R1 "Snatch" action happens on June 12th. Anybody in the US willing to make my a VHS copy?? Or know where I can get the VCD??

Rex
Old 02-22-01, 06:19 PM

Rex Fenestrarum I know where to get a copy. Email me if you want some details.