Old 03-11-12, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Good Wife -- "Long Way Home" -- 3/11/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-29

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Long Way Home" - Alicia must once again aid Colin Sweeney when a sexual misconduct claim derails his attempt to win back control of his company. Also, Cary is faced with a moral dilemma when Peter tasks him with enforcing office policies, on THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, March 11 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television. Bebe Neuwirth ("Cheers") guest stars as Judge Friend and Morena Baccarin ("Homeland") guest stars as Isobel, Colin Sweeney's accuser.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BW9_Ni_x4cs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the new Entertainment Weekly, they polled readers on what Sunday at 9pm show demands their immediate viewing. The Good Wife won at 38%. The Walking Dead finished second at 33%. Thought that was pretty interesting. This forum at DVDTalk would probably heavily disagree.
Old 03-12-12, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: The Good Wife -- "Long Way Home" -- 3/11/12

Great episode. Lots of stuff happening.

Someone in a prior thread asked how Cary climbed the ladder so fast. I guess people in that office are asking the same question.

Morena Baccarin
Old 03-13-12, 12:32 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

That was me - clearly he's peter's golden child!

No way she should buy the old house back! why? the kids have what? 3 years left in the house -she needs a killer pad in the city!
Old 03-13-12, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Great episode. Loved Dylan Baker back as Colin Sweeney. I love how slimey that character is. Thought it was funny that he got together with Morena Baccarin's character at the end.

The show always manages to cast some interesting judges. Loved that they brought Bebe Neuwirth in. She definitely has the presence to be an intimidating judge.

Even though Alicia and Peter are separated, why can't she ask him for help with her housing situation? Seems odd that she has to pay for everything. Sucks that her apartment would cost her $1.2M not counting the other fees.

to Caitilin leaving. I was starting to really like her. I got the impression the writers made up the whole fiancee, pregnancy last minute to write her out. There was really no setup for that even though we knew nothing of her personal life other than her relationship with David.
Old 03-13-12, 10:36 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

I was somewhat taken aback by her pregnancy/notice. Aside from the fact that most women work until they have a couple of weeks to go.

But maybe she is correct - Gen Y Folks don't give a rat's ass. They just do stuff! Just because.
Old 03-13-12, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Even though Alicia and Peter are separated, why can't she ask him for help with her housing situation? Seems odd that she has to pay for everything. Sucks that her apartment would cost her $1.2M not counting the other fees.
They've made the point before that she now makes more money than he does.

Still, in this housing climate and with her job, raise or not, I would think she could mostly afford either of those houses. But it would be dumb to move into the old house.
Old 03-13-12, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, she's also raising the kids, but I think they're sharing the cost of private school...?

Originally Posted by DJariya
In the new Entertainment Weekly, they polled readers on what Sunday at 9pm show demands their immediate viewing. The Good Wife won at 38%. The Walking Dead finished second at 33%. Thought that was pretty interesting. This forum at DVDTalk would probably heavily disagree.
At least we're getting some action in this thread now
Old 03-15-12, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

would a lawyer really say "pursuant to blah blah blah I have no further questions" instead of simply "I have no further questions"
seems like they'd be letting everyone know their client just lied
Old 03-15-12, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
They've made the point before that she now makes more money than he does.
How much she makes doesn't matter. If they were legally separated, as the custodial parent she's entitled to somewhere around 15-20% of his pretax income for 2 kids. Assuming he makes 200K/yr as district attorney, she should get around 34K/yr from him.
Old 03-16-12, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

^ I know that - my point is that with her now higher income included with what she gets from him, it should be enough where she should be able to at least qualify for a loan for either place. Also, it's not like they live extravagantly, so they should have a decent amount of cash saved up.
Old 03-16-12, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mikehunt
would a lawyer really say "pursuant to blah blah blah I have no further questions" instead of simply "I have no further questions"
seems like they'd be letting everyone know their client just lied
I was wondering the same thing. It did make for some good drama, but...