DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Angry Birds Space

Draven
03-08-12, 09:39 AM
Searched in threads and thread titles and couldn't find anything about this.

First gameplay trailer released:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lxI1L1RiSJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go to the 3:05 mark to see it in action. Looks like they're making the most of the gravity stuff in some creative ways. Excited to try it out.

movie diva
03-08-12, 09:48 PM
Looks like fun :lol:

Cory02
03-08-12, 10:20 PM
My most anticipated game of the year. :lol:

glassdragon
03-08-12, 11:19 PM
My most anticipated game of the year. :lol:

Thats..... Sad

Not that you are looking forward to it, but that there isn't even one more game out this year that you would rather play. Game makers are somewhat losing touch when that happens.

nickdawgy
03-09-12, 02:51 AM
Looks okay. I got kinda burned out on Angry Birds.

I'm sure they'll make another ten million bucks from sales on this, too.

maxfisher
03-09-12, 05:04 AM
I'm sure I'll download it at some point, but I do find it funny we've gotten to the point where there's a thread for a game not far removed from the 1,000's of free flash games that have been put out over the last decade.

The Bus
03-09-12, 10:55 PM
This looks fun but I was never able to really <i>really</i> get into Angry Birds.

bluetoast
03-11-12, 02:16 PM
I was mainly interested in the NASA part, I didn't finish watching the game footage.

bunkaroo
03-11-12, 03:13 PM
I can't lie I'll be playing this day 1.

glassdragon
03-12-12, 11:28 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/10eHOnufWkA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/10eHOnufWkA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

That looks complicated as hell

Anubis2005X
03-13-12, 12:17 PM
I got burned out of Angry Birds too. Maybe I'll get back into it sometime, but maybe not...

kstublen
03-14-12, 07:34 PM
I've kind of grown tired of Angry Birds after getting 3 stars on every pre-2012 level of Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Rio only to have to start from scratch when I got a new phone.

cungar
03-18-12, 01:35 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/10eHOnufWkA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/10eHOnufWkA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

That looks complicated as hell

They're making the exact mistake I knew they would. Taking a game that gained mass acceptance because of it's charm and simplicity and changng into a more hardcore puzzle game thus reducing the appeal to the masses.

Decker
03-22-12, 09:01 AM
It's out now. 99 cents for the iphone version, $2.99 for the HD. I bought it -- what the heck. Hope to try it out later today.

stingermck
03-22-12, 09:25 AM
Playing it right now, and I think its pretty awesome. The gravity aspects give it a whole new feel. And I wont complain about free either.

Draven
03-22-12, 09:59 AM
They're making the exact mistake I knew they would. Taking a game that gained mass acceptance because of it's charm and simplicity and changng into a more hardcore puzzle game thus reducing the appeal to the masses.

3-starring Angry Birds levels can be quite challenging. And Rio was another step up in the difficulty department. I think people would be upset if it wasn't more challenging.

UncleGramps
03-22-12, 10:28 AM
Very fun so far. I got the HD version for my iPad and the Android version for my phone. :up:

joeblow69
03-22-12, 01:28 PM
I like it as well! I was kind of burned out on angry birds, but the gravity adds a lot to it. mainly,because when I totally miss my target, the bird goes into orbit and comes around and hits it the second or third time around :)

cungar
03-22-12, 10:17 PM

I take this back. It's alot more fun and intuitive than I thought.

glassdragon
03-23-12, 12:41 AM
I went ahead and spent a buck on it on the android store.

Rob V
03-23-12, 06:51 AM
I've kind of grown tired of Angry Birds after getting 3 stars on every pre-2012 level of Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Rio only to have to start from scratch when I got a new phone.

:lol: same thing happened to me with Cut the Rope - twice. I gave up.

Xander
03-23-12, 09:00 AM
I went ahead and bought the ad-free version from the Amazon store. My son is an angry bird nut right now, so he was very happy to play it last night. The gravity fields definitely add a new dimension to the puzzles. :)

spainlinx0
03-23-12, 09:22 AM
:lol: same thing happened to me with Cut the Rope - twice. I gave up.

I'm going through Cut the Rope a second time now. It's still fun though. It's not very hard to 3-star every level in that game though.

However if it really bothers you guys, Titanium Backup.

Quake1028
03-23-12, 02:29 PM
I picked it up for my iPad and will probably get it for the fiancee on her phone. Haven't gotten a chance to play yet though.

DRG
03-28-12, 11:21 AM

Would this have helped?

http://www.amazon.com/developer-Angry-Birds-Backup/dp/B00771ZVP4

kefrank
03-30-12, 10:24 AM
I'm sure I'll download it at some point, but I do find it funny we've gotten to the point where there's a thread for a game not far removed from the 1,000's of free flash games that have been put out over the last decade.
I'm not a huge Angry Birds fan, but I think this sells it just a little short. The production values of the Angry Birds games are notably higher than nearly all free flash games I've seen. Also, platform plays a huge role and the direct smartphone touchscreen mechanics of Angry Birds separate it considerably from PC flash games.

Spiderbite
03-30-12, 12:29 PM
My seven year old son was thoroughly pissed when he found out it won't work on his 2nd generation iTouch. He's been looking for forward to this game since it was announced.

LosingMyMind
03-30-12, 05:19 PM
My seven year old son was thoroughly pissed when he found out it won't work on his 2nd generation iTouch.
The fuck? Aren't those from the late 80's?

kefrank
04-02-12, 09:09 AM
The fuck? Aren't those from the late 80's?
7-year-olds are from the mid-2000s.

;)