DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Medal of Honor: Warfighter -- October 2012

Osiris3657
03-02-12, 12:19 AM
http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/101/101086/Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter_VER-0_X360_BOX-tempboxart_160w.jpg

More details about EA's other modern military first-person shooter have appeared online.

Warfighter's story will again loosely follow actual events and has reportedly been co-written by real Tier 1 operators while off-mission.

Preacher, Voodoo, Mother and other central players from the last game will return, and one location that has been mentioned is a flooded Isabela City in the Philippines.

In terms of multiplayer, fans should be able to expect a hardcore one-shot-kill mode and some form of co-op support. Other non-U.S. Special Forces will be represented for the first time in the series too, including the British SAS, Australian SASR, Polish GROM and German KSK, reports OXM U.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter will use Battlefield 3's engine.
----------------

I rented the last one, I'll at the very least rent this one.

Rob V
03-02-12, 10:15 AM
The last one was a major disappointment IMO. If they space this properly to the next MW / CoD offering I might bite if it gets good reviews and drops in price quickly.

foxdvd
03-02-12, 10:48 AM
after the last one no way I day one this...

K&AJones
03-02-12, 11:14 AM
Hopefully longer....

RocShemp
03-02-12, 11:18 AM
I got the last one cheap via Steam. After all the bitching I read about it, I was surprised to find a fun single-player shooter (the multi-player on the other hand was rather pedestrian). :shrug:

I'd be down for this if the price is right.

Jam Master Jay
03-02-12, 01:05 PM
I actually liked the first one...granted if I had shelled out 60 bucks for it I probably would have been pissed too but I enjoyed it for the time I had it has a rental. Will probably end up renting this one too.

atrium
03-02-12, 01:07 PM
No more military shooters for me. Allied Assault was fun, but that was ten years ago. I have moved on to more interesting games in the meantime.

TheBigDave
03-02-12, 02:13 PM
The last one wasn't a bad game. I played through twice, which I usually don't do. I ranked it below COD and Battlefield: Bad Company, but much better than stuff like Homefront. And I'd probably put it ahead of Battlefield 3 for single player.

My only problem was the glitches. Some would make you reload the entire level. Hopefully they patched that. But for a Day One player that paid full price, that was really frustrating.

Rob V
03-02-12, 03:54 PM
The MP sucked, IMO and I was really, really looking forward to it as a placeholder until MW3 and BF3 came out.

cruzness
03-06-12, 04:02 PM
The multiplayer was compitent but did nothing to make it standout from other shooters. The single player was better than what most reviews gave it credit for but it was buggy.
I'll pick this up on the price drop.

TheBigDave
03-07-12, 10:30 PM
Release date is October 23rd. That's probably about two weeks before COD: BlackOps 2.

No much to see so far. Looks really dark. Hope this game isn't pitch black like BF3.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sRoXqvCz6Zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HQdMPexS_RI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dean Kousoulas
03-08-12, 12:42 AM
I enjoyed the first one, but regret paying full price for it.

I will probably wait for a price drop in 2013, unless the single player gets rave reviews. I never touched the MP on the first.

RocShemp
04-12-12, 01:33 PM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNQFig_258A&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNQFig_258A&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Osiris3657
04-12-12, 04:03 PM
well, looks nice at least.

RocShemp
04-12-12, 06:32 PM
Like all shooters, I'm gonna wait for a pricedrop since I mainly play them for the single player campaign.0

Anubis2005X
04-12-12, 10:18 PM
Looks more generic than the original, which I enjoyed. Getting kind of tired of modern shooters, but may pick it up on the cheap...

RocShemp
06-06-12, 10:55 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7aiLV4VW8FU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RocShemp
06-14-12, 02:59 PM
Medal of Honor: Warfighter is Releasing a ‘Military-Only’ Edition (http://kotaku.com/5918278/medal-of-honor-warfighter-is-releasing-a-military+only-edition?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)

Active, reserve, and retired members of the U.S. armed forces (and government employees) can buy a "Military Edition" of Medal of Honor: Warfighter when the game releases in October, Electronic Arts said today.

A news release announcing the "Military Edition" said it would be available exclusively through GovX—"a privileged e-commerce Web site where qualified members of the U.S. Armed Forces and those in related government agencies can shop for premium off-duty apparel, equipment and other products as well as on–duty tactical products."

To shop at GovX (https://www.govx.com/register), one typically registers with his or her active .gov or .mil email identity, or supplies other verification of duty/retired status in the armed forces, Department of Defense, or other military, federal, local or state law enforcement agency.

The "Military Edition" is part of the newly created "Project Honor" fundraising program for the U.S. military's Special Operations Community. Project Honor is a charity for families and soldiers in special operations, designed to raise awareness of that mission and to support those whose loved ones have died or have been wounded in service to it.

The "Military Edition" of Medal of Honor Warfighter" includes all the content of the game's Limited Edition release, plus unnamed "exclusive in-game unlocks" that include a special Project Honor camouflage skin. For more information, see this page on GovX (https://www.govx.com/mohw).

"We have a tremendous amount of respect for our service men and women around the world and a deep level of gratitude for the sacrifices both they and their families make on a daily basis," Greg Goodrich, Medal of Honor's executive producer, said in a statement. "We've teamed up with some of the biggest military brands to deliver an authentic experience in Medal of Honor Warfighter. We're excited to work with these great partners to also launch Project HONOR to raise awareness for the Navy SEAL Foundation and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation and drive real world contributions of which we can be proud."

A web site for Project Honor has been established; you may visit it here for more information (http://www.medalofhonor.com/projectHONOR) on its mission.

Rob V
06-14-12, 03:33 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7aiLV4VW8FU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guys falling over dead don't look natural at all.

wlj
06-14-12, 03:36 PM
couldn't they have chose a different name? Warfighter? Do they remember the Ghost Recon games?

Rival11
06-14-12, 10:26 PM
The guys falling over dead don't look natural at all.

lol what the fuck are you talking about?? Where did you see that it doesn't look natural? There is like two shots of people dying and they don't look that bad at all.

Rival11
06-14-12, 10:27 PM
Like all shooters, I'm gonna wait for a pricedrop since I mainly play them for the single player campaign.0

This is exactly how I am starting to be....the single player campaigns are excellent.....mulitplayer has just gotten beyond stale for me.

K&AJones
06-15-12, 02:22 PM
I think it looks good ...for now and is on my radar for fall. It'll depend on Borderlands 2 which comes out in September. The 1st one was probably my most played game ever next to GOW3. I hope this game pans out.

gerrythedon
09-24-12, 02:40 AM
Medal of Honor Warfighter Beta Announced, Exclusive to 360

EA has announced a multiplayer beta for Medal of Honor Warfighter. In early October, Xbox 360 players will be able to try a new multiplayer mode called HotSpot, which lets players attack and defend randomly-selected areas of Sarajevo Stadium, a map set in Bosnia. Players will team up using the game’s co-op Fireteam system, playing in pairs to win.

Anyone who downloads the beta will also get one hour of double XP when the full version of Warfighter launches. EA also announced that if three million players download the beta, Linkin Park’s “Castle of Glass” music video will be unlocked early.

Medal of Honor Warfighter launches on October 23rd. The first print run of the game is the Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition, which includes a free map pack based on Bin Laden assassination film Zero Dark Thirty. For more on Warfighter’s multiplayer, read our hands-on impressions, plus more details in our Medal of Honor Warfighter wiki guide.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/21/medal-of-honor-warfighter-beta-announced-exclusive-to-360

Osiris3657
10-17-12, 10:02 PM
I've kinda liked the TV spots. Wonder if this will surprise.

Rival11
10-17-12, 10:29 PM
I played the multiplayer beta - the control layout is an EXACT copy of call of duty (not saying anything is wrong with it).

It left a lot to be desired and I REALLY HOPE that it was just lacking because of being a simple beta but with such a close release date (dl the demo about a week or so ago when it came out) it wouldn't surprise me if this game wasn't that polished.

The frostbite 2 engine seemed pretty impressibe but again, with the lacking (and I mean lacking) atmosphere effects i.e. you hear a chopper coming in...it sounds awesome then bombs start to drop, the noise cuts out and there were no damage effects....and more on the damage effects...I decided to throw a grenade at a vehicle to take out mulitple people.....the damn thing didn't even explode.

What was cool is how you can see your enemy behind walls (red outline) when you are close enough...I really think this makes for a more in-tune gaming experience instead of having to respawn all the damn time.

I wish it well and I hope that beta was just somthing they shot together during early (very early) developement.

foxdvd
10-17-12, 11:53 PM
I just don't have the time to put into the MP on this game, with Halo 4 and Black ops around the corner...so I would have to buy this on the campaign alone, and the last one was fun, but short and way to easy. It is not worth 60 bucks...not even close.

Rob V
10-18-12, 08:01 AM
The first one was such a letdown that I pretty much expect more of the same here. That said, I'll pick it up when it hits $20 most likely.

TheBigDave
10-18-12, 02:36 PM
I just don't have the time to put into the MP on this game, with Halo 4 and Black ops around the corner...so I would have to buy this on the campaign alone, and the last one was fun, but short and way to easy. It is not worth 60 bucks...not even close.

+1

I'm looking forward to the single player campaign. I enjoyed the last one, even though the glitches were annoying. But I'm not gonna be playing the multiplayer. So I'll probably grab the first $20 used copy I find.

Osiris3657
10-23-12, 12:29 PM
Sounds like this is going to be as as disappointing as last year's entry. IGN said they didn't get their review copy until yesterday. EA wanting to keep the reviews out until after the game has been released and people have bought it?

K&AJones
10-23-12, 07:30 PM
I hope this game does well though I had to cancel the pre-order. Just too much with Borderlands 2 and with Halo 4 right around the corner it all boils down to time.

Barth
10-23-12, 11:42 PM
Rented it this morning and am a little more than half way through the campaign according to the achievement listing. I've probably played around 4 hours off and on today. So far its been very entertaining but fear I'll probably have it finished up after a few hours with it tomorrow.
I rented it because I knew with AC and Halo coming out I wouldn't invest in the multi-player.

gerrythedon
10-24-12, 12:22 AM
Medal of Honor Warfighter Gets Day 1 Patch
Fixes to user interface, visuals, performance and more.

EA has released a massive day one patch for Medal of Honor Warfighter. According to EA, players will be prompted to download the patch upon starting the game on all platforms, including “a multitude of fixes for both the single-player and multiplayer experience.”

“Our team heartily encourages all Medal of Honor Warfighter players to download and install the patch as soon as they are able,” EA said on its official site. “We sincerely thank all our player testers for helping us find and eliminate these pesky bugs, and for contributing to the Medal of Honor Warfighter experience.”

The beta changes at least partially address concerns discovered in the Xbox 360 beta released earlier this month, including changes to weapons, navigation, visual polish and much more.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/medal-of-honor-warfighter/Day_1_Patch

Rob V
10-24-12, 08:16 AM
EA made a horrible decision releasing this so close to BO II, Halo and Assassin's Creed. I could see picking this up as a placeholder after MWIII but it'd only get about two weeks worth of attention before being set aside forever. The lack of reviews is alarming as well.

TheBigDave
10-24-12, 07:56 PM
Anyone seen any reviews? The only one I found was Destructoid, and they pretty much hated it.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-medal-of-honor-warfighter-237311.phtml

Barth
10-24-12, 08:58 PM
Just finished up the SP campaign. Yes, it's short....probably around 7 hours for me, taking in to account replaying certain parts over a few times. However, unlike the destructoid review, I found the story entertaining and the new cover system an approach in the right direction for shooters. The complaint about the cutscene graphics? I installed the disc on the 360 hard drive and found the cutscenes almost like watching a movie.
I plan to play the MP some tomorrow but so far the SP plays right along with what Call of Duty does every year. In fact, the campaign that Medal of Honor did here might be better than what Call of Duty has done recently, lasting more than 4 hours, and incorporating some new gameplay tactics. The grenade indicator seems to be an improvement too.

I would give the campaign an 8 out of 10 but there is one breach section at the end that EA or Danger Close seemed to just pull out of nowhere to add length to the campaign. It doesn't really fit with the difficulty of the rest of the game. So I would give it a 7 overall. Just my two cents, others will certainly see it different.

foxdvd
10-24-12, 10:53 PM
I would give the campaign an 8 out of 10 but there is one breach section at the end that EA or Danger Close seemed to just pull out of nowhere to add length to the campaign. It doesn't really fit with the difficulty of the rest of the game. So I would give it a 7 overall. Just my two cents, others will certainly see it different.

what difficulty did you play?

Barth
10-24-12, 11:36 PM
what difficulty did you play?

Started on hard, but the aforementioned breach section at the end made me switch down to normal just so I could finish. A note on that, if you switch difficulty midway through the mission you have to start that mission completely over.
Also, I think you have to play completely through on hard to unlock some of the higher difficulties and get those related achievements. I knew I was only going to do one run through so I didn't care about switching down the difficulty.

Rival11
10-25-12, 06:00 PM
Read some reviews on metacritic....yikes....guess this game is really bad.

Again though, I can't say I'm surprised, it's EA where money comes first, second, and third.

EDIT: My comments above stemmed from this reivew from cheat code central:

"While there's enjoyment to be had here, it is fleeting and often devolves rapidly into frustration and boredom. I feel bad saying that, because the folks at Danger Close seemed intensely passionate about their work and there's simply so much potential in here, but it clearly needed more time if it was to develop into anything truly unique and compelling."

atrium
10-25-12, 07:53 PM
Good, the game sounds horrible. Maybe he public is wising up to the oversaturation of military FPS games, they really are getting ridiculously stale. The MOH series should die because the developers would rather emulate the formula of COD and Battlefield than have their own IP.

Barth
10-25-12, 09:52 PM
Good, the game sounds horrible. Maybe he public is wising up to the oversaturation of military FPS games, they really are getting ridiculously stale. The MOH series should die because the developers would rather emulate the formula of COD and Battlefield than have their own IP.

I'm not sure why anyone would say "Good, the game sounds horrible." without having actually played it. Aren't we all just gamers here looking to enjoy ourselves?

Rival11
10-25-12, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would say "Good, the game sounds horrible." without having actually played it. Aren't we all just gamers here looking to enjoy ourselves?

While I wouldn't say I'm glad the game failed....he has a point as far as not letting the developers live up to their fullest potential (although I'm pretty sure he just meant that shooters are getting way too lame...which is true) - in this case, I think it's clear EA cut the funding and as always...the developers suffer (come on, a major patch on day one?) - Activision, EA, and other big names.........people are just getting sick of them f'n everything up for everyone.

Barth
10-25-12, 11:13 PM
While I wouldn't say I'm glad the game failed....he has a point as far as not letting the developers live up to their fullest potential (although I'm pretty sure he just meant that shooters are getting way too lame...which is true) - in this case, I think it's clear EA cut the funding and as always...the developers suffer (come on, a major patch on day one?) - Activision, EA, and other big names.........people are just getting sick of them f'n everything up for everyone.

True, but I did notice they did try some new mechanics during the game and take the game in some new directions. I'm no shill. I used to buy EA's football games every year and since realized they are just trying to cash in. Believe me during some of their recent games and this MOH included I've let out a few "FU EA" shouts. I enjoyed it for what it was, it's a COD clone, and I agree all the warshooters are getting tiresome. But for some reason COD will come out in a month and people like atrium will say it's awesome when it's no different than what MOH is.
Also, regarding the big patch that everybody is fired up about...it was a 50ish mb download that took all of 2 minutes tops on the xbox.

atrium
10-27-12, 05:29 PM
True, but I did notice they did try some new mechanics during the game and take the game in some new directions. I'm no shill. I used to buy EA's football games every year and since realized they are just trying to cash in. Believe me during some of their recent games and this MOH included I've let out a few "FU EA" shouts. I enjoyed it for what it was, it's a COD clone, and I agree all the warshooters are getting tiresome. But for some reason COD will come out in a month and people like atrium will say it's awesome when it's no different than what MOH is.

No, I won't lol. I'm equally bored of the COD games. Only reason I will pick it up (used) is because everyone I know will surely be playing it.

gerrythedon
01-30-13, 11:33 PM
:lol: played/finished both latest MOH's this past week and now this happens...

EA Pulls Medal of Honor ‘Out of Rotation’

EA has pulled Medal of Honor “out of the rotation.” During an earnings call for the third quarter of its 2013 fiscal year today, EA COO Peter Moore explained that the series encountered poor commercial and critical reception, leading to the decision.

“We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation,” Moore said, calling Medal of Honor Warfighter an “obvious miss.” Moore pointed to slow sales for the entire industry as well as “poor critical and commercial reception” for Warfighter as reasons for the series decline, calling reviews “lower than it deserved.”

“This one is behind us now,” Moore said. “We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation, and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings.”

“Frankly, we missed on Medal of Honor,” added EA Labels president Frank Gibeau, "and we take responsibility for that.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/30/ea-pulls-medal-of-honor-out-of-rotation

Decker
01-31-13, 02:04 AM
Is it worth $19.99? It's on sale at Target (with the ZDT map bonus). It sure doesn't look like a must-have game, but I've bought some crappy games for $20 and might just do it again.

mattysemo247
01-31-13, 08:49 AM
No, it's not worth $20. Once you play through the sluggish campaign one time (which is 5-7 hrs), you will never go back to it. I rented it from the library and played through it and thought most of that time was a waste. Battlefield 3 did everything better.

RocShemp
01-31-13, 09:38 AM
No, it's not worth $20. Once you play through the sluggish campaign one time (which is 5-7 hrs), you will never go back to it. I rented it from the library and played through it and thought most of that time was a waste. Battlefield 3 did everything better.

Really? Because the Battlefield 3 campaign was pretty lacklustre.

starseed1981
01-31-13, 09:58 AM
Is it worth $19.99? It's on sale at Target (with the ZDT map bonus). It sure doesn't look like a must-have game, but I've bought some crappy games for $20 and might just do it again.

No its not. You'll feel ripped off.

Decker
01-31-13, 10:02 AM
Fair enough. It's a pass then. Thanks

Music
01-31-13, 01:13 PM
They have really missed on Medal of Honor for about 10 years...