DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

LED TV buying help

Old 02-29-12, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED TV buying help

Looking to get a HUGE LED TV for the living room next week. I would like to find something with a 240HZ or 600HZ refresh rate on an LED 3D TV, but that would also be around 80- 85 inches. Looking to spend around 6-7K for the TV. Does such an animal exisit? I'm seen some ones that seem to match my criteria, but that are 60inch. I'd like something 20-25 inches bigger than that.
Old 02-29-12, 02:02 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LED TV buying help

600Hz is what you will find on plasma sets, not LED (really=LCD).
I don't think that screen size is easy to come by, and if it were, it'd likely be out of the price range you are looking at. Once you get to that screen size, I think your needs would be better served by a projector. There are a few posters in this forum who know quite a bit more about PJs than I do.

Also, when looking into LED TVs, don't confuse the refresh rate (Hz) with separate motion smoothing tech, like Samsung's "Auto Motion Plus", as they are often-confused, yet completely unrelated. You can turn off or adjust settings for "AMP", but the refresh rate (Hz) of the TV is what it is.

I'd highly recommend the current line of Samsung LEDs, but if screen real estate is high on your priority list, Sammy might not work for you...
j
Old 02-29-12, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a 60 inch DLP, but we gave it to some friends, who were out of work, and whose tv had broken down. Just using a little 40 inch right now. I don't know if these are on the market, but this is what I am looking for.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/9/269...v-availability
Old 02-29-12, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/tv/WD-82738