DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Disney Movie Rewards Offers

duganrm
02-28-12, 06:52 PM
Sorry about the double post. Here is a link to the DMR thread in Hot Deals forum.

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get? (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/551392-disney-movie-rewards-what-did-you-get.html)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't see this posted but it is always possible I am blind.

Put in 2 of the Disney movies you have and pick 1 movie for $4 shipping (plus tax). I went with Tinkerbell as I have the other 2.

updated to add new image.
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/dmr2cms/publish/dmr2upload/live/freebdoffer860x860detailsdino1331357390209.jpg
old image in spoiler.
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/dmr2cms/publish/dmr2upload/live/freebdoffer860x860detailsbugsstar1330132519911.jpg

PLUS $3.95 SHIPPING AND PROCESSING. Valid only for registered Disney Movie Rewards members. Limit 1 redemption per account. Must enter two eligible Blu-ray, DVD or CD Magic Codes from purchased products to qualify for one free Blu-ray. Offer selection in Blu-ray format only.”Offer good 2/27/12 – 5/31/12. While supplies last. Blu-ray discs will not be mailed to PO Boxes. Check with your local post office for a street address. Offer rights may not be assigned or transferred. All submissions are subject to verification. Fraudulent submission including use of multiple accounts, addresses or PO boxes to obtain additional Blu-ray discs may result in prosecution. Disney Movie Rewards reserve the right to withdraw or modify any terms of this offer. Titles are subject to Disney Movie Rewards substitution. Liability for defective product redeemed under this offer will be limited to replacement of the Blu-ray disc by a Blu-ray of the same type or title. Offer good in U.S.A. and Canada only. Void in Quebec and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (and D.C.), PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.

duganrm
02-28-12, 06:53 PM
While not a bluray deal, I figured I would still mention it in this thread as you can use the same titles as you used for the free bluray.
Read the fine print quoted below to check for your title as not all titles allow the bluray versions to be used.
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/dmr2cms/publish/dmr2upload/live/jcarteroffer860x2034c1rjw1330056899612.jpg
*Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $12 .00US / $14.00 Canada) for these eligible titles: Tron: Legacy Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Tron: The Original Classic Special Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, National Treasure Blu-ray Combo Pack, National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets Blu-ray Combo Pack, Remember The Titans Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Disney Alice in Wonderland Live Action DVD, Secretariat DVD.

Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $8 US and up to $9 Canada) for these eligible titles: National Treasure DVD, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets DVD, Roving Mars DVD, Race To Witch Mountain DVD, The Rocketeer DVD.

Ticket offer good while supplies last. Void where prohibited.DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (and D.C.), PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Must enter eligible codes 2/24/12 – 4/15/12 and redeem movie certificate by 4/15/12.

duganrm
02-28-12, 06:56 PM
I just signed up for the rewards program yesterday. I added Game Plan that I got used from gohastings and Tron Legacy I had for awhile and was able to order Tinkerbell and get a free movie ticket. :)

Free 5 points for Feb newsletter. Expires tomorrow basically. 328WEDKFAHF

kenbenobi
02-28-12, 06:59 PM
We do actually have a Disney Movie Rewards thread, but it is under Hot Deals, since the DMR program itself is not a "DVD Bargain." Granted, seeing as one of their current promos is a free BD, that certainly qualifies. :)

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/551392-disney-movie-rewards-what-did-you-get-62.html

duganrm
02-28-12, 07:01 PM
ahh, sorry about the double post. I didn't think to check hot deals as I only noticed it from the free bluray.

DVD Polizei
02-28-12, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the posters. I'm printing them now. :up:

obidawsn
02-29-12, 08:10 AM
I'd say keep it here. I believe we've done it in the past. This is a special deal and not the typical purchasing with points, so I believe it deserves its own thread. Just reword the title. If I hadn't seen this deal elsewhere, I probably wouldn't have paid attention to the thread. But knowing the deal, I wanted to see what others were talking about, here. Especially with the confusion over "A Bug's Life".

kenbenobi
02-29-12, 08:37 AM
Especially with the confusion over "A Bug's Life".
Um, what confusion?

Manzana
02-29-12, 09:10 AM
Regarding the John Carter promo, I read on SD that someone used the Lady and the Tramp BD code with Sorcerer's Apprentice and got it to work. I have the original Tron BD and recently got LATT BD, so I'd like to know if that will really work for the John Carter promo even though LATT isn't listed? I also have Secretatiat BD but only the DVD is listed. I don't want to enter codes for nothing.

The SD post was: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=48072578&postcount=126

JoN8282
02-29-12, 09:45 AM
Highly Irritating that you get punished regularly in this loyalty program for being loyal and buying / entering during release week of titles

Michael Corvin
02-29-12, 10:31 AM
Highly Irritating that you get punished regularly in this loyalty program for being loyal and buying / entering during release week of titles

:up:

DirkUSA
02-29-12, 11:32 AM

Very true!

joltman
02-29-12, 11:45 AM
I'll be getting Lion King 1 1/2 and 2 any day now (ordered from DMC) so looks like I'll be getting Tinkerbell soon! That works on nice, because I already have the other two, and I still have Tinkerbell on DVD.

Kedrix
02-29-12, 05:10 PM
I should be able to participate in the 2 codes, get 1 title free promotion. I'll probably go for Bug's Life (I have no need for Tinkerbell) unless I can understand what the "confusion" is. I think I have a couple of titles that I haven't registered yet, just have to look.

duganrm
02-29-12, 05:26 PM
Um, what confusion?
I can take a guess on that. I believe it is over the picture of Bug's Life being the dvd case with the bluray inside. Some people seem to think it may come with a metal tin due to a picture on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B003WBOPZU/) while most believe it will not.

If you are the type that wants all your blu-rays organized together and in the same case size, the dvd size case in the middle will probably bug you. As it says it will take 6-8 weeks for delivery, it will be awhile before anyone has the movie to verify.

kenbenobi
02-29-12, 06:07 PM
^ Thanks for the explanation. I thought that was just a slip-cover. It never occurred to me that it might be a DVD. Well, the promotion clearly says "Free Disney BLU-RAY" so it should be a BD. I wouldn't care about the case itself, personally. But I already have that title, so kinda ignored it. I'm after Bridge to Terabithia, and I just qualified now after getting points from 2 CD's (the only 2 Disney CD's I own--MUPPETS!) :)
I think I'm SOL on the John Carter promo. I have the 4-disc Lion Witch Wardrobe set sealed, but I don't think that one has points in it.

Superdaddy
02-29-12, 07:26 PM
I think the BD/DVD version of A Bug's Life has the pictured cover art on its slipcover. The older BD/digital copy version has different cover art. So if you redeem for the one shown, you will probably get the BD/DVD combo pack.

I'll probably go for this deal. I always hold back redeeming some codes just for such occasions. Since I already own A Bug's Life, I guess I will take a chance on Bridge since I have no interest in Tinkerbell.

Kedrix
02-29-12, 07:41 PM
I found two codes (for Chicken Little and Miracle) that i hadn't redeemed yet. YEAHIE for laziness. Anyway, I took a flier on Bug's Life. We'll see what I get in 6-8 weeks :)

Obi-Wan Jabroni
02-29-12, 10:10 PM
The version of A Bug's Life that is pictured is the DVD/Blu Combo pack which comes in a DVD box.

Goldberg74
02-29-12, 11:44 PM
The version of A Bug's Life that is pictured is the DVD/Blu Combo pack which comes in a DVD box.
In for this! :up:

obidawsn
03-01-12, 09:06 AM
I can take a guess on that. I believe it is over the picture of Bug's Life being the dvd case with the bluray inside. Some people seem to think it may come with a metal tin due to a picture on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B003WBOPZU/) while most believe it will not.

If you are the type that wants all your blu-rays organized together and in the same case size, the dvd size case in the middle will probably bug you. As it says it will take 6-8 weeks for delivery, it will be awhile before anyone has the movie to verify.

That's the confusion I'm talking about. I hadn't seen the image you posted before, though. I did find an image that has the same artwork, but it's in a blu-ray case. It's just hard to tell from the DMR picture, as it does look like it has a slipcover. But since the other two movies obviously show the blu-ray case, it makes it seem like it could be a DVD case. I just don't think Disney ever thought about people caring that much what case it's in. For $4, I'm still going to take a chance on it (if I can find the time to go through my movies and find 2 codes). I've never really been a fan of A Bug's Life, but I have been bummed that I don't have it to complete my Pixar collection (it's the only one I need, not counting the shorts). If it's not the blu-ray case, maybe I will find a deal on one later and sell this copy. I guess I could buy an empty blu-ray case, but I like having the original case.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
03-01-12, 11:58 AM
This is the Blu/DVD that is available in a Blu Ray Case:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sdvZr80xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And this is the DVD case:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XHarlLeHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Based on the promotional image used, I think its a fair bet that it will come in a DVD case.

Also, the DVD case version was a Disney Movie Club exclusive that came out before there was an official mass market combo pack. I think it's likely that they're clearancing these out. Possible they may run out of them and fullfil other orders with the Blu case though. There is defintely not a tin. I have the DVD case version pictured above, as I ordered it from DMC when it was orginally offered. I believe there is a slipcover, but no tin.

Edison
03-01-12, 12:18 PM
Thanks! I was able to enter my National Treasure for the John Carter ticket, and another one I hadn't entered for the free blu-ray.

Rexxriot
03-01-12, 12:49 PM
My copy of A Bug's Life has shipped, so we'll find out shortly what version they're sending out.

Manzana
03-02-12, 09:55 AM
I just discovered I have the 1st Narnia movie (The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe) on BD which is listed as "Blu-Ray Combo Pack or DVD" in the fine print of the John Carter offer, but only the DVD picture is shown. However, mine is the 2 disc BD by itself and not the combo pack. So I'm probably still out of luck?

I heard some people were getting DMR to give them the promo if they entered something in the fine print that wasn't pictured (like the 1st Narnia or Prince of Persia) but those were probably combo pack codes. Has anyone tried this?

consoleman
03-03-12, 09:05 PM
I just discovered I have the 1st Narnia movie (The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe) on BD which is listed as "Blu-Ray Combo Pack or DVD" in the fine print of the John Carter offer, but only the DVD picture is shown. However, mine is the 2 disc BD by itself and not the combo pack. So I'm probably still out of luck?

I heard some people were getting DMR to give them the promo if they entered something in the fine print that wasn't pictured (like the 1st Narnia or Prince of Persia) but those were probably combo pack codes. Has anyone tried this?

I've had a few hits and a few misses. My Narnia 1 and 2 (both not the combo pack) worked for the John Carter tickets. My Prince of Persia 1 disc and Alice in Wonderland live action combo pack didn't work and I'm miffed about that.

flix1
03-03-12, 09:19 PM
I used the Sorcerer's Apprentice BD Combo pack and Prince of Persia BD Combo pack and got both offers ... but it took a while to track down how to get the John Carter ticket. I had to go into my "Available Offers" and redeem it from there. There was no banner for me to click to print.

There was a banner for the free BD.

Manzana
03-04-12, 02:01 PM
Deleted

Lecithin
03-05-12, 04:37 PM
I was saving the codes from Toy Story 3 and Bambi BLUs for a double point day, but then I missed it when it happened last time (!) so I'm glad I can at least use them for this extra. Too bad I already own the BLU of A Bug's Life, it's the only one of the three I would want.

Manzana
03-06-12, 08:56 AM
Has anyone entered a Narnia 1 BD code (not the combo pack) with a UPC of 786936751963 and have it work for the John Carter promo?

duganrm
03-07-12, 11:53 PM
from the bluray forums. For those ordering bugs life.

My bugslife came in today crappy dvd packing and has slipcover

adam_omega
03-08-12, 12:13 AM
I've had a few hits and a few misses. My Narnia 1 and 2 (both not the combo pack) worked for the John Carter tickets. My Prince of Persia 1 disc and Alice in Wonderland live action combo pack didn't work and I'm miffed about that.

The "Race to Witch Mountain" BD+DVD combo doesn't work either for the promotion.

izatright
03-08-12, 12:01 PM
I used a Tron BD and Fantasia combo pack. I was saving these for double point days, but what the heck. $4 Bug's Life.

Edit: Plus I just realized the Tron activated the free movie ticket for John Carter. That looks like a crap movie, so the question is, do I want to spend $8-$10 (plus snacks) bringing along my girlfriend, or suffer through it alone?

mike07
03-08-12, 12:09 PM
I used a Tron BD and Fantasia combo pack. I was saving these for double point days, but what the heck. $4 Bug's Life.

How often do they offer double points?

The Lizard King
03-08-12, 12:25 PM
I used the Sorcerer's Apprentice BD Combo pack and Prince of Persia BD Combo pack and got both offers ... but it took a while to track down how to get the John Carter ticket. I had to go into my "Available Offers" and redeem it from there. There was no banner for me to click to print.

There was a banner for the free BD.
The "Race to Witch Mountain" BD+DVD combo doesn't work either for the promotion.
Click on "My DMR"

Click on "Unlocked Offers"

If the code was accepted for a John Carter ticket, you'll see it here.

TLK :cool:

The Lizard King
03-08-12, 12:26 PM
How often do they offer double points?
Thanksgiving and then again Christmastime 2009

Christmastime (twice) 2011

AFAIK, that was the only four times they've done it.

kenbenobi
03-08-12, 02:41 PM
In regards to the free BD promotion, I entered a code for one CD plus got points for a movie ticket stub, and it now shows I can redeem my free BD. I didn't thnk ticket stubs were eligible for this promo, but apparently they are.

Manzana
03-09-12, 08:40 AM
I found out the first Narnia BD set (not the combo pack) works for the John Carter promo without any hassle. I entered that and another BD pictured and immediately got 2 John Carter tickets (I only expected 1). Since each ticket prints out with a different number but the same name on the account, does anyone know if movie theaters (like AMC or Harkins) will give you trouble if the name doesn't match the ticket or do they not ask for an ID and not care?

Basically is the ticket like a credit card where the name and number must match their system or just the number matters?
Thanksgiving and then again Christmastime 2009. Christmastime (twice) 2011. AFAIK, that was the only four times they've done it.
And they are always limited to double points on 2 codes each time. Double points days are so rare I don't wait for them specifically. I think it makes no sense to enter DMR movie codes unless there's some promo going on, so I always save them for something, but even a 50 bonus points on your next entry is enough for me to enter a code.

juanmgonzalez
03-09-12, 10:09 AM
Theaters have never asked me for ID while using a free movie ticket with my name printed on it

mattysemo247
03-09-12, 08:47 PM
Got my copy of Bug's Life today. Did indeed come in the DVD case with the Blu (and the slip). For $4 I'm happy.

b2net
03-10-12, 12:04 PM
The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinasaur Blu-ray

Manzana
03-10-12, 01:49 PM
The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinasaur Blu-ray

DMR Bastids! Since I wanted the John Carter tickets I used our second account and ordered Tinker Bell a couple days ago for $3.95 just because the promo was there even though I already had all 3 BDs available so I could use it as a gift or something. Now a couple days later DMR puts Dinosaur BD which is a rare Disney BD I don't have and would've really liked, but it's too late now. Bastids! Wish I could swap my Tinker Bell for Dinosaurs but I can't.

whotony
03-10-12, 02:07 PM
DMR Bastids! Since I wanted the John Carter tickets I used our second account and ordered Tinker Bell a couple days ago for $3.95 just because the promo was there even though I already had all 3 BDs available so I could use it as a gift or something. Now a couple days later DMR puts Dinosaur BD which is a rare Disney BD I don't have and would've really liked, but it's too late now. Bastids! Wish I could swap my Tinker Bell for Dinosaurs but I can't.

Rare blu-ray or rare because you dont have it?
This is an easy enough disc to get.

Manzana
03-10-12, 02:27 PM
Rare blu-ray or rare because you dont have it?
This is an easy enough disc to get.
Yes, rare because *I* don't have it not because it can't be bought. I have most Disney movies (especially animated) on BD, and Dinosaur is one of the very few I don't own on DVD or BD (because I've never seen good enough prices on it).

It's just that they did this barely 2 days after ordering Tinker Bell (which I already have) because I thought $3.95 for a Disney BD I already had (intending to use it as a gift or trade someday) was better than just skipping the deal entirely. If I had known they would add Dinosaur 2 days later (and which I never see much cheaper than $15) then I would've waited as something I don't have would've been preferable to something I do. Assuming I can get ahold of someone on the phone at DMR on Monday, I'll virtually guarantee that they'll have just shipped Tinker Bell and it's too late or I'll be told (a la Amazon (Cancelzon)) that it can't be changed after it has been ordered. I'm just really bummed that they added a title I really wanted right after ordering.

b2net
03-10-12, 04:30 PM
The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinosaur Blu-ray

I stand corrected... the $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray (in DVD case) is still available... the ad now shows Dinosaur in it's place.. but you can still pick it when you enter your codes... but the extra 125 points bonus is actually gone.. I just entered mine to get the John Carpenter ticks and the $3.95 Blu offer.. got the blu but not the extra 125 :(

Shagrath
03-10-12, 04:37 PM
I was gonna do this just because, and grab Terebithia. I have A Bug's Life already, and had no interest in Tinker Bell. Then, I saw that they had put Dinosaur up, and so grabbed that one instead.

I don't think I'll be inputting any DMR codes in for a while and just stack them up and wait for these little promos. I've only ever actually accumulated enough points to get one DVD before, so these little deals are much better in the long run.

flix1
03-10-12, 07:45 PM
I was gonna do this just because, and grab Terebithia. I have A Bug's Life already, and had no interest in Tinker Bell. Then, I saw that they had put Dinosaur up, and so grabbed that one instead.
Dooh! Bridge to Terabithia just arrived today. I would have chosen Dinosaur instead. Looks like Dinosaur replaced A Bug's Life in the list.

Rexxriot
03-10-12, 08:38 PM
I stand corrected... the $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray (in DVD case) is still available... the ad now shows Dinosaur in it's place.. but you can still pick it when you enter your codes... but the extra 125 points bonus is actually gone.. I just entered mine to get the John Carpenter ticks and the $3.95 Blu offer.. got the blu but not the extra 125 :(

Someone else said that the 125 points is from the code that comes with your free blu-ray.

b2net
03-11-12, 08:46 AM
Someone else said that the 125 points is from the code that comes with your free blu-ray.

I assumed the bonus 125 points are just inside the case like a normal blu-ray release? I ordered Bug's Life earlier in the month and didn't get an automatic 125 to my account, so I assume that is the reason why.

Good point... hadn't thought about it that way... maybe they had it on the ad... and too many people thought like I did ... the 125 came after entering the 2 codes.. instead of after receiving and entering the code from the bonus blu-ray...

Did anyone get a bonus 125 after entering 2 codes... or when ordering the bonus blu-ray?

Manzana
03-11-12, 12:50 PM
Did anyone get a bonus 125 after entering 2 codes... or when ordering the bonus blu-ray?
Neither for me. I completely forgot about the 125 bonus points for the movie offer. I just checked my points history and I didn't get any extra points added to my account so far, so I'm hoping there will be a code with the BD when it arrives. If that's not right and I should've gotten the 125 bonus points on the spot, I'd like to know.

kenbenobi
03-11-12, 01:51 PM
Rexxriot is correct, the 125 points comes from the code inside the free BD. It is not a separate 125 points.

Manzana
03-12-12, 10:09 AM
Rexxriot is correct, the 125 points comes from the code inside the free BD. It is not a separate 125 points.
How funny then. DMR is advertising it like a special bonus when in fact all they're saying is "by the way, we aren't going to open and yank the normal 125 point codes that are already inside your BD selections, so you can use those like you normally would". Well, that's what I expected to be the case anyway since I've gotten a few "free" BDs from them in the past (back when they had birthday offers and such that were actually good) and they all came with the codes inside. So it's silly advertising... can't think of a good analogy right now though. Maybe it's like saying "buy this item from me and when I mail it to you I'll include a free envelope, bubble mailer, or box which I'm shipping it in".

kenbenobi
03-12-12, 11:06 AM
^ Well, they did put ** by it. Never read the fine print which says what ** means though.

With the recent free CD's they gave away for 50 points, they removed those titles from eligibility, so could not earn more points. So I'm pleased they're letting us get the points this time...

DEC29111
03-12-12, 03:22 PM

I can confirm that it does use the DVD case which comes with the Blu-Ray + DVD.

Anybody know where I could get a custom cover for this package that would fit a Blu-Ray two disc case. (I already have the case.)

:David

duganrm
03-12-12, 10:38 PM

Anybody know where I could get a custom cover for this package that would fit a Blu-Ray two disc case. (I already have the case.)

:David
Could try the one below. It was listed as an option for someone looking to do the same as you at blu-ray.com.

http://www.cdcovers.cc/view/367529/front/a-bugs-life-r1

duganrm
03-12-12, 10:49 PM
I updated the image in the first post to show the Dinosaur blu now. The old image is shown right below it in spoiler tags. As I just linked to the disney site, no idea how long it will still work.

Manzana
03-13-12, 02:45 AM
I was able to call and have DMR switch the $3.95 BD to Dinosaur because the order hadn't shipped yet. I was happy to be able to switch from something we already have that we were going to use as a gift to something we don't have at all. However, I was less excited when I read the Dinosaur BD reviews afterwards and found out that the BD discards a huge number of extras from the Collector's Edition DVD keeping only 2 or 3 out of a couple dozen. So it's a prime double dip candidate. Still, I guess it's better to have a barebones BD of a movie you don't have than a 2nd copy of a non-barebones BD of a movie you do have.

Shagrath
03-13-12, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry to ask this, but..

Can you ever post something that's not complaining, Manzana?

DMR did you a huge favor by switching out your disc, and you still find a way to bitch about extras that you'll probably never watch (or only watch once).

Schloob1
03-13-12, 09:05 AM
rotfl Another gold star for Manzana.

Manzana
03-13-12, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry to ask this, but..

Can you ever post something that's not complaining, Manzana?

DMR did you a huge favor by switching out your disc, and you still find a way to bitch about extras that you'll probably never watch (or only watch once).
I'd like to complain about people who hold things up by complaining about people who complain [16 ton weight drops].:lol: (That's a Monty Python reference.) If I didn't complain, then I wouldn't be Manzana. Tiggers bounce and Manzanas complain (not always but more than your average bear).

I'm still happy they switched it for me (they told me it was easy and no big deal before it ships), but I was disappointed that Disney (Home Video, not DMR) stripped down Dinosaur to a near barebones release. So I went from very happy after switching to just slightly happy after I read the reviews. It just means someday I may have to buy a double dip BD if they ever release a full featured Dinosaur, but this will "tide me over" until then.

Shagrath
03-13-12, 10:45 AM
I understand that complaining is your "schtick" or "internet persona" or whatever you want to call it, but I can't count the number of times you've derailed a Bargains thread to complain about something.

You really do need your own little space in the Stores forum for most of this stuff. For stuff not relating to a store (like this extras problem), finding the appropriate thread in the HD-Talk forum, or starting your own thread about it would be much more appropriate.

CalebAndCo
03-13-12, 04:23 PM
I understand that complaining is your "schtick" or "internet persona" or whatever you want to call it, but I can't count the number of times you've derailed a Bargains thread to complain about something.

You really do need your own little space in the Stores forum for most of this stuff. For stuff not relating to a store (like this extras problem), finding the appropriate thread in the HD-Talk forum, or starting your own thread about it would be much more appropriate.

Has anyone taken over the Andy Rooney spot on 60 Minutes? (Just askin'.) :)

kenbenobi
03-13-12, 04:27 PM
-popcorn-

Goldberg74
03-14-12, 11:07 PM
Got mine today too, and it is the DVD and BD in a DVD case. :down: Oh well.

brian_g
03-20-12, 01:59 AM
Has anyone received their Tinkerbell/Terabithia/Dinosaur yet and can they confirm if it's just the Blu-Ray or do they come with the DVD as well?

joltman
03-20-12, 07:58 AM
I got my Tinkerbell yesterday and it's just the Blu-ray.

duganrm
03-20-12, 08:17 AM
also got my Tinkerbell a few days ago and it is just the Blu-ray.

trespoochies
03-20-12, 01:08 PM
This is interesting. Just got my copy of Terebithia in and tried using the code that came with it. And lo and behold it still works, got 125 points for it. Nice considering it says the code expired January 31st, 2008.

The Lizard King
03-20-12, 01:35 PM
This is interesting. Just got my copy of Terebithia in and tried using the code that came with it. And lo and behold it still works, got 125 points for it. Nice considering it says the code expired January 31st, 2008.
That's because Disney has extended the program many times since its inception. As long as they extend it, the codes will not expire.

trespoochies
03-20-12, 02:14 PM
Then I wish it worked for a couple of others I ordered from them in the past. Those codes didn't work.

The Lizard King
03-20-12, 02:23 PM
Then I wish it worked for a couple of others I ordered from them in the past. Those codes didn't work.
For DMR or for the digital copies?

AFAIK, DMR codes never expire for DMR points as long as the program still exists (which it does).

trespoochies
03-20-12, 04:41 PM
for my DMR points. And nope, they didn't work for 2 I got last year, they did say they were expired. That's why I was surprised the code worked for Terabithia.

Peep
03-20-12, 05:21 PM
Has anyone received their Tinkerbell/Terabithia/Dinosaur yet and can they confirm if it's just the Blu-Ray or do they come with the DVD as well?

It's my feeling that that are dumping stock of the single-disc releases as I think they are all out-of-print. The Blu-ray/DVD releases are now the norm. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start dumping Narnia Blus soon.

kenbenobi
03-20-12, 05:34 PM
for my DMR points. And nope, they didn't work for 2 I got last year, they did say they were expired. That's why I was surprised the code worked for Terabithia.
Then you should contact DMR. Their codes are supposed to be valid, and not expire. WB codes are the only ones which stick to the expiration date.

TheBang
03-20-12, 11:56 PM
I had a DMR code for A Bug's Life that said it was expired when I tried to input it. I tried it again much later (like a year or something) and it worked.

nycdude
03-21-12, 10:17 AM
I put in for the Tinkerbell. I will combine my dvd copy in a spare 2 disc case when I get it.

DrnknMstr2
03-22-12, 10:11 AM
Does anyone have any extra codes to trade.
I have a Cinderella III: A twist in time DVD code. I believe it is for 100 pts.
PM if you have anything.

Manzana
03-22-12, 11:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong... it would only make sense to trade DMR codes (rather than use them yourself) if you had a code for a movie you'd already entered. I believe you can enter both the DVD and BD codes for a particular movie but not 2 of a particular format?

Oh wait... I just remembered for the free BD offer you need particular titles so I guess the request makes sense.

kenbenobi
03-23-12, 12:15 AM
Oh wait... I just remembered for the free BD offer you need particular titles so I guess the request makes sense.
No, that's for John Carter tickets. Any titles work for the free BD...

lumberjack
03-28-12, 10:36 AM
I emailed DMR to inquire how I could get artwork for a Blu-ray case for my A Bug's Life reward disc, and here's the response I received a week later.

Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Consumer Relations
US and Canada

I'm too cheap to spend $3.95 on package artwork and I really don't like the design provided in the link on the previous page (it's not even accurate as far as contents listed), so I'm just going to hold off and hopefully something decent will turn up free online. However, I think it's interesting that DMR provides these items for a charge. Interesting enough to warrant this post.

Manzana
03-29-12, 09:48 AM
I emailed DMR to inquire how I could get artwork for a Blu-ray case for my A Bug's Life reward disc, and here's the response I received a week later.

I'm too cheap to spend $3.95 on package artwork and I really don't like the design provided in the link on the previous page (it's not even accurate as far as contents listed), so I'm just going to hold off and hopefully something decent will turn up free online. However, I think it's interesting that DMR provides these items for a charge. Interesting enough to warrant this post.
Couldn't you just buy an empty Blu-Ray case and print the cover artwork downloaded off one of those cover sites on a color printer, then use scissors to cut it out? I can't remember the names (like cdcover.cc or something weird) but I'm sure you could find it on Google?

I used to do that when I bought stuff with missing covers. I'd download the files at home, take a flash drive to work, and print on the color printer (as I don't have one). Then my work instituted a no flash drive policy where you get fired if their monitoring software detects you even inserted 1 in your PC for a second, so I haven't done it since. I always wondered how they keep someone who doesn't like you from inserting a flash drive into your PC to get you fired, but I suppose nobody dares since they probably have cameras in all the walls.

Kedrix
03-29-12, 10:24 AM
Couldn't you just buy an empty Blu-Ray case and print the cover artwork downloaded off one of those cover sites on a color printer, then use scissors to cut it out? I can't remember the names (like cdcover.cc or something weird) but I'm sure you could find it on Google?

I used to do that when I bought stuff with missing covers. I'd download the files at home, take a flash drive to work, and print on the color printer (as I don't have one). Then my work instituted a no flash drive policy where you get fired if their monitoring software detects you even inserted 1 in your PC for a second, so I haven't done it since. I always wondered how they keep someone who doesn't like you from inserting a flash drive into your PC to get you fired, but I suppose nobody dares since they probably have cameras in all the walls.

Heh, our work we are pratically required to bring our own external hard drive since this place doesn't have really good policy for backing up .PST files. Ouch, I can honestly say I would not want to work in a place like that where they threatened to fire you for a silly flash drive.

Anyway, there are blu-ray covers on cdcover.cc and I already downloaded it and printed it. Not the best cover in the world but my printer at home works pretty well so it came out pretty nice. They are also a few credit sites where you pay a little bit and have some better covers.

Michael Corvin
03-29-12, 10:48 AM
Anyway, there are blu-ray covers on cdcover.cc and I already downloaded it and printed it. Not the best cover in the world but my printer at home works pretty well so it came out pretty nice. They are also a few credit sites where you pay a little bit and have some better covers.

CDcovers takes the covers from those sites, obliterates the hi-res beauty of them and turns them into ass for their community.

lumberjack
03-29-12, 12:44 PM
Couldn't you just buy an empty Blu-Ray case and print the cover artwork downloaded off one of those cover sites on a color printer, then use scissors to cut it out? I can't remember the names (like cdcover.cc or something weird) but I'm sure you could find it on Google?Of course I have empty Blu cases, but none of the available FREE artwork files online interest me. I'm sure someone will eventually post the exact cover I'm wanting and I'll get it at that time. I'm patient.

This is the one I think I want, as I believe it accurately reflects the contents of the two discs and is an official cover: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sdvZr80xL.jpg

obidawsn
03-30-12, 08:48 AM

Maybe I'm just too OCD, but I would rather have an "official" case and cover art. If I could get a somewhat similar case cheaper, I might go for it, but I would like to have the cover art from the studio and not just printed out on my computer (which wouldn't look as good).

BTW, is A Bug's Life still available? I thought I was reading that even though it doesn't show it pictured, it was still an option. I never got around to getting my codes in and ordering it, and I don't really care that much about the other choices. If I could get the blu-ray case and artwork from Disney, I would really like to get A Bug's Life. It would still be cheaper than buying it in the stores.

Manzana
03-30-12, 10:23 AM
Short of people like Adrian Monk, I doubt very many people are more OCD than I am. I'd rather have an official case and cover art like you would, but I don't know where to get it, so I usually have to accept/put up with stuff that is less than what I'd like. These cover sites are the only option I know of for covers, and while they aren't the greatest I've seen some pretty good cover scans that from a distance look like the real thing. I'm stymied by not having a color printer and thinking that those stores that do are probably too expensive. I could see paying up to 25c per page but anything higher seems a ripoff for a 8.5" x 11" color printout.
Maybe I'm just too OCD, but I would rather have an "official" case and cover art. If I could get a somewhat similar case cheaper, I might go for it, but I would like to have the cover art from the studio and not just printed out on my computer (which wouldn't look as good).

EvlAsh
03-30-12, 02:18 PM

Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Consumer Relations
US and Canada

For those who choose to go this route, make sure you reference stock #105561. This is will ensure you receive the correct cover wrap.

I placed my order, via "snail mail", on 3/24 and received it today (3/30). Anyway, it appears that they ran out of the BD/DVD o-sleeves and sent me the BD/DC o-sleeve as a substitute, which is fine with me because I think it is a much better front cover. :)

Finally, I went ahead and scanned the cover for those who prefer to print it out. Enjoy! :)

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9960/abfbddvd105561thmb.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5461/abfbddvd105561.jpg)

thefloater
12-19-13, 02:37 AM
Does anyone have any extra codes to trade.
I have a Cinderella III: A twist in time DVD code. I believe it is for 100 pts.
PM if you have anything.

I have a extra Monsters University dvd code. I'm not allowed to PM yet. :(

kenbenobi
12-19-13, 04:32 AM
my work instituted a no flash drive policy where you get fired if their monitoring software detects you even inserted 1 in your PC for a second, so I haven't done it since. I always wondered how they keep someone who doesn't like you from inserting a flash drive into your PC to get you fired, but I suppose nobody dares since they probably have cameras in all the walls.

My work did this as well. They created a way to block flash drives from being used, or CD's from being burned. However, just last week I plugged my cell phone into the USB to charge it, and discovered I had full access to the file system, and was able to transfer files back and forth. My old cell phone was blocked, so YMMV. Of course, you may not want to risk getting fired. I'd kind of welcome it. I've been telling myself to move on for years...