Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Best site to sell used DVDs for Cash?

Arpeggi
02-27-12, 08:15 PM
I need to get rid of my DVD collection and want to know the best site to get cash for them. Thanks in advance!

JakeNeff
02-27-12, 08:34 PM
I almost always use Amazon Marketplace. You pay Amazon a hefty commission, but it's fast, easy and usually pays far more than retail store trade-in rates or pawn shops. If you're going to sell all the titles, you can use the "Fulfillment by Amazon" option and ship them to Amazon all at once. Then it basically works like consignment.

There's also eBay, which has the potential of paying out more than Amazon, but it's definitely more of a hassle.

My Other Self
02-27-12, 10:20 PM
Amazon would also be my recommendation. Don't expect much in general though, unless you're selling some really hard to find titles.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
02-28-12, 10:35 AM
If you're going to sell all the titles, you can use the "Fulfillment by Amazon" option and ship them to Amazon all at once. Then it basically works like consignment.

I'd be wary of doing that. You have to pay a storage fee and have to price things higher just to make up the amount you would if you sold them yourself. You also get boned if they send out the wrong item. It happens occasionally and in fact it just happened to me last week. The item was Silent Night, Deadly Night 1/2 double feature which runs $65 and up for a used copy. What got sent out was Silent Night, Deadly Night 3/4/5, which runs around $15 new.

Since then, I've found they sometimes send the same item but not necessarily the one you shipped them. When it comes to books, you can get screwed if they send one that's rated differently.

If you do ship them out yourself, go through Amazon when you buy shipping. You'll save a decent amount compared to going straight to the post office. I save at least a buck on shipping.

beesonosu
04-10-12, 10:27 AM
I didn't think my situation warrants its own thread, so I'll ask my (somewhat silly) question here. I am relatively inexperienced at selling DVDs.

I'm currently looking into selling some of my OOP Blue Underground DVDs, but I have no idea where the best place to list them would be, or how much I can realistically get for them. For example, the Midnight Blue Collection (Vol 1-5) or the Shockumentary volumes (not the Mondo Cane set). The only few prices I can find online are high, unrealistically so I think. It also looks like they've been rereleased and can be purchased separately. I realize the lower I ask, the quicker I can expect to sell, but I'm not sure where the happy medium is. I know this stuff is only worth what somewhat will pay for it, but any suggestions on where to go or what to expect will be appreciated.

SethDLH
04-11-12, 08:26 PM
I'd list them on forums such as this one or ebay.