Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

should i get jbl n38 or nd310 for use with my 100 watt/channel receiver

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

should i get jbl n38 or nd310 for use with my 100 watt/channel receiver

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-00, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the n38 is rated for max 175 watts and the nd310 is rate for max 250 watts peak. my receiver only runs 100 watts per channel. should i save money and get the n38s or will i hear a difference in the nd310s?
Old 10-12-00, 09:21 AM

First of all the ND310's are more expensive then the n38's. You can get the ND310's for around $400 a pair and the N38's for about $350 a pair. You should not be concerned with their wattage since both speakers are rated much higher then your reciever is putting out unless you are actually considering putting an amp on these. The ND310's will probably sound better since they are using dual 10in woofers as compared to the N38's single 8in but I would go to a store and listen for yourself. I would like to try and steer you away from these speakers and push you more in the direction of the JBL Studio speakers if you like JBLs. I own the S310's which i got for $400 for the pair, the S-Center which I got for $175, and the S26's which I got for $200 for the pair. The studio seris has much better components then the northridge line and there is no comparison when it comes to performance. I have listened to both these lines and the studio blows away the northridges. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them.
Old 10-12-00, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm with ZenDog. If you got the money go for the Studios, you will be happier. I have all Northridge series speakers (N38s, N24s, N-Center), but that is only because I got a great deal on them. I would prefer Studios, and I hope to eventually get some of them (they have a very nice lookin' Loudspeaker in the studioe series, built in 12" 200 watt sub, nice!). You pretty much need to go listen to them and decide for yourself. I think the only major difference, if I'm not mistaken, is the extra sub. This is really no big deal if you have a powered sub in your HT. Might as well save a few bucks then and get the N38s. But if money is no issue, Studios.