DVD Talk
Looking for good, inexpensive video editing software [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

View Full Version : Looking for good, inexpensive video editing software

02-24-12, 08:53 AM
I may be asking for alot but here is what I'm looking for.

I want to be able to edit .mov avi and wmv
Id like decent green screen editing
I want to spend under $50

Thanks in advance!

02-24-12, 09:19 AM
What o/s? How much memory does your system have?

02-24-12, 10:59 AM
I have Windows 7 and 8 gigs of ram.

02-24-12, 11:53 AM
Virtualdub (free) will do green screen I guess.

Download and install VirtualDub (see Resources).

Open the program, then select "File," "Import" and choose both the green screen video and the video you want to replace the green with.

Double-click the green screen video, then choose the "Effects" option and select "Green Screen."

Click-and-drag the replacement video down to the "Replacement" window. This window is next to the current display window and is blank until you select a desired replacement. The replacement video is located (after import) in the video file bin on the side of the program window.

Click on the green in the display window and the green is removed and replaced by the replacement information. Once set, click "File," "Export," then choose a location to save the file, title it and click "OK" to create the exported green screen video file.

Read more: How to Use the Green Screen Technique With Virtual Dub Software | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7862194_use-technique-virtual-dub-software.html#ixzz1nK5UzKqZ

Mr. Salty
02-24-12, 02:10 PM
Sony Vegas Studio can be had from Amazon for $40 and is damn close to professional level software.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0