Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Bleach (TV) ending on March 27th?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-12, 04:27 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Rumors are going around that Bleach (TV) is coming to an end next month.

I've watched up to episode 160, plus a dozen or so in the early 200's. I can't believe there's almost 200 episodes I haven't seen yet.

Magazine Reports Bleach Anime Ending on March 27th

A picture of one magazine's anime TV listings which lists the Bleach anime as ending on March 27th has been posted to 2ch and has been working its way around the internets. Here is the picture in question with the ending mark:

It is already known that the new Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full Power Ninden is taking over Bleach's time slot, however the fate of the show itself has been unknown. Most of the 2ch matome blogs are taking this image to mean that episode 366 on 3/27 is the last episode of Bleach and that it is not simply a timeslot change and/or rebranding.

Bleach animation director Hiroki Takagi also posted this image to his twitter and has been replying to other twitter users about it, suggesting that it is indeed true. However, it should also be noted that this image is missing an ending mark on Chihayafuru which is known to be 25 episodes based on NTV's website.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-on-march-27th
Old 02-26-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: Bleach (TV) ending on March 27th?

Well I've seen the image they're getting this 'Bleach is ending in March' from... Technically it just says it's ending it's airing on that timeslot. So given the wording and if I translated correctly, it could mean that rather than ending it's simply changing stations or timeslots again. Though it could still mean it's ending as well. I just figured we'd have heard about the new schedule if that was the case by now.

From what I've heard there hasn't been any official word released on the matter aside from the image everyone was going about and a couple rumored Tweets.

img6.imageshack.us/img6/4058/0403t.jpg

367 is scheduled for 2012 April 04 (Wed) on TV Osaka, even though 366 is the one rumored to be the "final" ep.

TV Osaka: cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491/time?Filter=28
BS Japan: cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491/time?Filter=15
TV Tokyo: cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491/time?Filter=7

(couldn't post urls)

Maybe they just got their schedule wrong, who knows. But the fact remains the only source 'known' at this time simply says it's the end of it airing in that timeslot on that station. :/ So I'd wait for more official news to be released on the matter.
Old 03-19-12, 04:15 AM

Here's an update from Crunchyroll:

WebNewtype: "Bleach" TV Series Ends at Episode 366

The online edition of Newtype Magazine, WebNewtype has just updated their online TV listings, confirming what has been previously reported but never confirmed: The TV series known as Bleach is ending at episode 366. The online listing lists episode 366 as "Final Episode":

While the show may get a rebranding and restart in the future after the manga has gotten further ahead, like Naruto Shippuden, the listing indicates this will indeed be the end of this series. WebNewtype usually does not mark series which are known to have split seasons, or are going on a known hiatus, as having final episodes between seasons.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...at-episode-366
Old 03-20-12, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Further ahead? Isn't Bleach the manga series in it's last arc (and limping there to boot)...
Old 03-20-12, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Further ahead? Isn't Bleach the manga series in it's last arc (and limping there to boot)...
Yes, but just because it's the final arc doesn't mean it's close to ending. For all we know the final arc could go on forever. =P
Old 04-01-12, 02:04 AM

Anyone watch the final episode? What did you think of the ending?
Old 04-04-12, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a good run. It would have been more fitting to have ended the show with Aizen's defeat.