Old 02-17-12, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Nikita -- "Origins" -- 2/17/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Nikita (Maggie Q) and Michael (Shane West) try to help Carla (guest star Erica Gimpel) remember her past, which holds the key to taking down Division. Carla recounts the night Nikita was arrested and Nikita is stunned at what she learns. Meanwhile, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) shows up at a Zetrov press conference where Semak (guest star Peter J. Lucas) is speaking and announces that she's Alexandra Udinov. Alex demands a trade, her mother for the empire. Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley and Aaron Stanford also star. Brad Turner directed the episode written by Albert Kim (#215).

Episode 15 of 23

Episode Preview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iYaCWGQnBho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-19-12, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Origins" -- 2/17/12

at Alex twice interrupting Semak's press conferences. And it's always fun seeing Alex kick ass, too. Loved getting some backstory on Division.

I think I mentioned it in an earlier thread: I love the changing dynamics on this show. The alliances are always in flux - in this ep we had Nikita and Amanda working together, Carla teaming up with Percy, Birkhoff on the verge of killing Carla, the Amanda & Tasarov reveal.

Sidenotes:

Tvbythenumbers is saying two of Nikita, Ringer, and Hart of Dixie will be canceled. Such a great season, and nobody's watching

Is it just me or is Maggie Q looking especially good lately?
Old 02-19-12, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

They really need to either kill Alex or replace her with a different actress. I've put up with the mediocre to bad acting on this show for quite some time, but Alex is the absolute worst. Still enjoying the show though.
Old 02-20-12, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom

at Alex twice interrupting Semak's press conferences. And it's always fun seeing Alex kick ass, too. Loved getting some backstory on Division.

I think I mentioned it in an earlier thread: I love the changing dynamics on this show. The alliances are always in flux - in this ep we had Nikita and Amanda working together, Carla teaming up with Percy, Birkhoff on the verge of killing Carla, the Amanda & Tasarov reveal.

Sidenotes:

Tvbythenumbers is saying two of Nikita, Ringer, and Hart of Dixie will be canceled. Such a great season, and nobody's watching

Ringer has virtually no shot at renewal. I think it's the lowest rated scripted show on any of the networks. Only Remodeled on the CW is lower.

Hart Of Dixie and Nikita got exactly the same ratings this week (1.6 million viewers, .6 demo). Of course I'm sure Hart Of Dixie fared better in the CW's target demo of women, so it's got a better chance than Nikita. Hell, Hart of Dixie is building on its Gossip Girl lead-in.
Old 02-20-12, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Ringer has virtually no shot at renewal. I think it's the lowest rated scripted show on any of the networks. Only Remodeled on the CW is lower.

Hart Of Dixie and Nikita got exactly the same ratings this week (1.6 million viewers, .6 demo). Of course I'm sure Hart Of Dixie fared better in the CW's target demo of women, so it's got a better chance than Nikita. Hell, Hart of Dixie is building on its Gossip Girl lead-in.
You're probably right but Hart of Dixie is on a bigger TV night than Nikita. It's a pity that such a quaility show can't find an audience.
Old 02-20-12, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom

Sidenotes:

Loved this episode. Quite a few "oh shit" moments (didn't see the Ari/Amanda connection coming at all), a ton of action, and a great set-up for the final few eps. And yes, Maggie Q looks amazing.

Anyway, completely sucks that this show can't find an audience. Easily in my top 5 TV shows of all time. Damn that "CW" stigma! I get that Friday nights are a tough sell, but this is the perfect show to record and pull mini-marathons with. If the end IS near for it, I hope we get a great finale.
Old 02-25-12, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

just watched it today...

.. yeah would suck if they cancel this good show, too much good shit going on.
Old 02-25-12, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope they didn't film the final episode yet so they can make it a series finale. Or they saw the writing on the wall and filmed it to work as a finale.