Old 02-16-12, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Person of Interest -- "Blue Code" -- 2/16/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-20

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Blue Code" - Reese discovers there's more to the story after he infiltrates a smuggling ring to get close to his latest POI, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Thursday, Feb. 16 (9:00 - 10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode 15 of 22

This shows ratings have gone up week after week. Last week it got 15.1M viewers and 3.3 in the demos which were season highs.
Old 02-16-12, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Person of Interest -- "Blue Code" -- 2/16/12

Bump for East viewers
Old 02-16-12, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...this week totally makes up for the turd Astro boy plot last week

Spoiler:
He's CIA. The government couldn't win the war on drugs so they're using it to fund the war on terror.

In addition to what's up with the machine and Finch this just feels like the start of a whole new sub-plot.
Old 02-17-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, for me that line was actually a black mark on an otherwise excellent episode. It makes absolutely zero sense. Surely if the CIA got into the domestic drug trade they would be the supplier, and wouldn't be farming out the smuggling work unreliable criminals.
Old 02-17-12, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
Surely if the CIA got into the domestic drug trade they would be the supplier, and wouldn't be farming out the smuggling work unreliable criminals.
Perhaps actually supplying the drugs would be to overt for them to feel comfortable with in regards to being exposed?

Either way, esp with that ending and how the bald guy (didn't catch his name) connects to Reese's past, I'm assuming they'll be flushing it out in later episodes so perhaps the answers will come then.
Old 02-17-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm real impressed with how they have handled Finch since the network asked for Carter to be cut in on the loop. Two straight episodes where it looked like Finch would be taken out, and instead they manage to redeem the value of the character to the show.
Old 02-18-12, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Solid episode.

I wasn't bothered by L.O.S. being affiliated with the CIA. It seemed to me that it was just part of their sometimes shady business dealings to do what's in the best interest of the country.

Are we supposed to assume that L.O.S. was killed by Snow at the end? It looked like he was being strangled.

at how Fusco was disappointed that he had to deal with his shady cohorts in the NYPD again to get into HR.

It was weird seeing Robert John Burke on this show as an NYPD Cop. He also plays an NYPD Cop on Blue Bloods as well. Honestly it's getting a little annoying to see actors recycled on shows over and over, especially if these roles are airing simultaneously. CBS is notorious for doing this.

I think Snow is an interesting nemesis for Reese.
Old 02-18-12, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
I wasn't bothered by L.O.S. being affiliated with the CIA. It seemed to me that it was just part of their sometimes shady business dealings to do what's in the best interest of the country.
It's not the CIA being shady that I mind. In fact a great moment in last nights episode was when they revealed in the flashback that the operation was taking place in the US.

My problem, besides the idea of the CIA lacking for money, is that if the CIA were to get into the drug trade then acquiring foreign drug supplies and getting them into the US without interference from law enforcement would kind of be right in their wheel house. They could probably manage to bring the drugs in without the need to kill undercover cops or shoot up restaurants.
Old 02-21-12, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I love how Carter and Fusco are both working for finch, but they don't know it.
Old 02-21-12, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
I'm real impressed with how they have handled Finch since the network asked for Carter to be cut in on the loop. Two straight episodes where it looked like Finch would be taken out, and instead they manage to redeem the value of the character to the show.
You mean Fusco, right?

Fusco is the Reese's corrupt cop-turned inside man who was shot in the ass last week and nearly executed in this episode, while Finch is the former 'Lost' villain Michael Emerson.
Old 02-22-12, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It was weird seeing Robert John Burke on this show as an NYPD Cop. He also plays an NYPD Cop on Blue Bloods as well. Honestly it's getting a little annoying to see actors recycled on shows over and over, especially if these roles are airing simultaneously. CBS is notorious for doing this.
He is also makes an occasional appearance as an IA cop on Law and Order SVU.

Like this episode a lot. Anyone know if it has been renewed yet?