TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Simpsons -- "The Daughter Also Rises" -- 02/12/12

Old 02-12-12, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
The Simpsons -- "The Daughter Also Rises" -- 02/12/12

The Daughter Also Rises

Spoiler:
Marge and Lisa's mother-daughter Valentine's Day plans take a turn when Lisa meets Nick (guest voice Michael Cera), an intellectual romantic who shares the same passion for culture, history and literature. Lisa and Nick fall head over heels for each other in a fairytale romance and make a secret getaway to Mulberry Island to profess their eternal love. Meanwhile, Bart and Milhouse are inspired by the hosts of "MythCrackers" (guest voices Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage) to "crack" Springfield Elementary's own legends in the all-new "The Daughter Also Rises" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Feb. 12 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2306) (TV-PG D, L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Tress MacNeille as Dolph

Guest Voice Cast: Michael Cera as Nick; Jamie Hyneman as himself; Adam Savage as himself
Old 02-13-12, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons -- "The Daughter Also Rises" -- 02/12/12

For better or worse I didn't know Cera was a guest voice. And I didn't recognize his voice either. Should I be proud of myself?

OK episode.
Old 02-13-12, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons -- "The Daughter Also Rises" -- 02/12/12

Decent episode. I enjoyed the MythBusters stuff.

I though maybe it was Cera doing the voice but I figured if they got him on the show they'd do a more Cera-y character for him.