Random Amazon price drop: The Icons of Suspense Collection: Hammer Films $11.49

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-07-12, 12:04 PM
ktg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link

Lowest price in the last 12 months according to camelcamelcamel.
Old 02-07-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: Random Amazon price drop: The Icons of Suspense Collection: Hammer Films $11.49

At $2 and change per title, this will be one of best purchases anyone will make this year. I blind bought this set a few years back and only recently finished it. The good movies in it were outstanding and even the not as great worked as diverting time wasters. absolutely one of the best blind buys I ever made on the format. A steal at the price, imo.
Old 02-08-12, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Random Amazon price drop: The Icons of Suspense Collection: Hammer Films $11.49

Thank you. I can only hope they follow suit with some of Sony's other Hammer 'Icon' collections.

FYI, another Hammer deal is the 6-disc WB Horror Classics Collection (The Curse of Frankenstein / Dracula Has Risen from the Grave / Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed / Horror of Dracula / The Mummy / Taste the Blood of Dracula).
Old 02-08-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Thank you. I can only hope they follow suit with some of Sony's other Hammer 'Icon' collections.

FYI, another Hammer deal is the 6-disc WB Horror Classics Collection (The Curse of Frankenstein / Dracula Has Risen from the Grave / Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed / Horror of Dracula / The Mummy / Taste the Blood of Dracula).
That seems like a good deal but I think I have all but The Mummy from other WB sets but it's still gnawing at me to get it for that one.
Old 02-08-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
That seems like a good deal but I think I have all but The Mummy from other WB sets but it's still gnawing at me to get it for that one.
$5.21

http://www.amazon.com/Mummy-Peter-Cu...725612&sr=1-13
Old 02-09-12, 02:31 PM

Thanks OP for this - got mine today. However, it was missing the studio security seal on the top (and none elsewhere) and the DVDs themselves are quite transparent when held up to the light, usually indications of fakes. Anyone else get a copy with the seals or more opaque looking discs?
Old 02-09-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't remember if mine had seals on it but I have tons of legit DVDs that you can somewhat see through if you hold it up against a bright light.
Old 02-15-12, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$11.32 Icons of Adventure Collection (The Pirates of Blood River / The Devil-Ship Pirates / The Stranglers of Bombay / The Terror of the Tongs) (2008)

For commentary & bonus feature aficionados, this set has:

- Commentaries On All 4 Films Featuring Jimmy Sangster, David Z. Goodman, Marcus Hearn, Don Mingaye and Chris Barnes
- All Features Presented In Their Original Aspect Ratios
- Classic Color Cartoon The Merry Mutineers With Scrappy And Many Hollywood Caricatures
- Chapter One Of 1953 Serial The Great Adventures Of Captain Kidd - Rare Two-Reel Comedy Hot Paprika Starring Andy Clyde
- Original Theatrical Trailers For All Four Features, Plus Bonus Trailers
Old 02-15-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Ordered.
Old 02-15-12, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
That's an awful cover but I still bought it.
Old 02-15-12, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Amazon says my copy was delivered today, but no package has arrived. I hope the thief who stole it is happy with my movies.

Last edited by Gobear; 02-15-12 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-15-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Two weeks ago I had a couple tracking numbers claim they were delivered on Friday and Saturday but they didn't actually arrive until Monday. They weren't these movies but you get the idea.